Tot's Tojil Battle Strategy (Highly Detailed)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Tot's Tojil Battle Strategy (Highly Detailed)
Tot's Tojil Battle Strategy (Highly Detailed)
First Page 2
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tot 2013-06-21 11:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Read Event Details and Job Openings if you're interested in joining a Delve linkshell.

Intro: This "guide" is assuming all jobs are properly geared and skilled, and that all NM's are pulled in order of T1-T5. Improvise Accordingly.

Below will be listed what to do from start to finish, TL;DR Scroll down and read your jobs instructions for each NM.

General Outside: all DD, including COR, bring accuracy food. Everyone get Ionis, and gather at I-5 Morimar Basalt Fields. Each WHM BRD and COR choose one DD in your party to keep hasted, -na (Paralyna Ect.) and erase, BRD's rotate the the DD's you've chosen. Each COR make party invite macros for each BRD and The SCH/rdm.
All jobs marked A and B, establish between yourselves which one is A and which one is B.
WHM/sch and SCH/rdm, get a fully charged sublimation and Protect/Shell your party before entering the veil.

General Inside: Everyone stay at the starting position D-9 until all initial buffs are done (Approximately two minutes.)
All DD, kill any and all adds that are pulled/linked/aggro, including any re-pops that may aggro while fighting a NM (Switch Target) and provoke. All mage stay together and at maximum casting range from each NM, if a DD is out of your range, tell them to adjust immediately.

[+]
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2013-06-21 12:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

NM Instructions Coming Soon
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-21 12:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Note on sch part, you def want thunderstorm for everything but kurma if your the dispeller. Also absorb spells don't stack w/ impact.

Edit: sorry, just noticed you don't have strat done. nvm!
 Shiva.Socrates
Server: Shiva
user: socratess
By Shiva.Socrates 2013-06-21 12:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Note on sch part, you def want thunderstorm for everything but kurma if your the dispeller. Also absorb spells don't stack w/ impact.

Im assuming you would want to have beads for kurma and the peiste
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-21 12:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Socrates said: »
Odin.Sawtelle said: »

5NM+boss or bust!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-21 12:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Geo
Stun freely
Shouldn't you be more considerate of stunning, considering there's a roof limit?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-06-21 12:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No. If you cant kill them in time with your set up, you won't kill Tojil before hitting the stun wall. If you can't accomplish these, you probably aren't killing it at all.

RNG is a different story, but OP posted dd strat.
[+]
By Lauriant 2013-06-21 12:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

No. If you cant kill them in time with your set up, you won't kill Tojil before hitting the stun wall. If you can't accomplish these, you probably aren't killing it at all.

Using beads helps with any mega boss Im guessing no denying it if have them use them
 Valefor.Tiniky
user: Tiniky
By Valefor.Tiniky 2013-06-21 12:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lauriant said: »
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

Using beads helps with any mega boss Im guessing no denying it if have them use them

Stun wall = certain time limit. Even if you have more time for Tojil, that doesn't necessarily mean you have more of a chance.
By Chyula 2013-06-21 12:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Quote:
Geo
Stun freely
Shouldn't you be more considerate of stunning, considering there's a roof limit?

Not when the group should be killing 1-5 in super fast mode, Tojil will need to save stun rotation on Lohar and Meteor only. Everything else should be dead before it build resist to stun, if the group can't take down Kurma under 8mins then it'll most likely go bust before making it to Tojil.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-21 12:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say anything about Kurma, that was the person above. I was referencing to Tojil itself, where stun freely doesn't sound like a good idea if you don't want to incur into the end wall.
By Lauriant 2013-06-21 13:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ic didn't know about stun wall makes me wonder why make beads if people say not gonna help they seem pointless now
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-21 13:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lauriant said: »
Ah ic didn't know about stun wall makes me wonder why make beads if people say not gonna help they seem pointless now

Beads give you the luxury of taking a small break to reorganize and rebuff... perhaps last minute review of strats and whatnot. With that being said even when you kill all 5 NMs you get to Tojil with 20+ min most of the time.

As far as Tot's strat, I did like going /whm as cor but found I was having mp issues even with yag drinks (the group I run with now has cor hasting 2 dd and help cure). Once I started coming /rdm I had much fewer mp issues (also depends on how kind the bard is). I don't know how much damage a COR is going to contribute on these runs. I throw in a wildfire when I can when the mob isn't a no magic type but with lightshot x2 reserved for dia 2, and the amount of times I am casting magic there is little time left to ranged attack.

edit: Also I notice that party 3 has a 2nd rdm. You might consider sticking a bard there. Having ballad and march in that party is pretty nice.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-06-21 13:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd advice your drg to /sam step will give next to nothing.
By Lauriant 2013-06-21 13:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

K thank you for helping me understand
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2013-06-21 13:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

guys i'm sorry lol i'm not nearly done with this post, thanks for your opinions and conserns but they're not needed at this time ^^; most of it will be covered in the NM instructions :) Thanks!

-P S this is strategy for NMx5 + Tojil
By Zerowone 2013-06-21 14:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Most important thing if doing 5NM+Tojil and using DRG: make sure they recall wyvern during Raptor fight. :P
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-27 03:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You've done a good enough job of restating general information that's been available for weeks, and an excellent job of being horrifically wrong about plenty more.

Absorbs? Seriously?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-06-27 03:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tot said: »
Read Event Details and Job Openings if you're interested in joining a Delve linkshell.

Intro: Right, then... below i will list each jobs role and what to expect.
If one job does anything less of what is listed, expect to lose.
If one job does anything more than what is listed, then one job is not doing what they're suppose to, thus having their slack picked up, expect to lose.
if everyone does what is listed, nothing more, nothing less, (not 100% literal, but you get the idea) expect to win!

**Scroll down to your jobs instructions then scroll down to NM specific instructions Read any micellaneous notes also**

Setup:
MNK/war | MNK/war | DRK/sam | WHM/sch | BRD/whm | COR/whm
MNK/war | MNK/war | DRG/sam | WHM/sch | BRD/whm | COR/whm
SCH/blm | SCH/blm | GEO/blm | GEO/blm | RDM/blm | RDM/blm

General instructions:
All DD including COR use accuracy food and everyone gets ionis, Mage always stay at max casting range from DD, DD never face NM towed mage, mage party mage always stay next to your GEO (RDM see NM specific instructions)
*ALL DD* always switch target to any adds that may aggro or link until they are killed, continue killing NM once adds are dead, Think fast with all of your actions, do not hesitate to move to/pull next NM.

Specific job instructions:
**Communicate your actions between appropriate members using party chat or /tells if specific**

MNK-
Rotate mantra with other MNK in your party, provoke once in awhile and beat your enemy to a bloody pulp.

DRK-(This role can be replaced with WAR SAM or a second DRG<recommended)
Make party invite macros for each BRD and each COR, invite when they disband.
(500~dark skill) Absorb-VIT Absorb-AGI Absorb-TP Drain II, Stun freely, kill your enemy.

DRG-
Make party invite macros for each BRD and each COR, invite when they disband. Rotate Angon, kill your enemy. **optional** but HIGHLY recommended /dnc and keep steps up.

SCH-
Stay in dark arts, rotate Alacrity stuns with other sch, Nuke -if- you can but ONLY when stun is down, keep Klimaform + Storm up for your party, aspir when appropriate.
**optional** /drk with a dark magic set and keep casting Absorb-TP/VIT/AGI between stuns, MUST have a dark magic set for this to work.
GEO-
Keep Burn Shock and Choke on, call out to COR for appropriate elemental shot boosts, Stun freely, aspir when appropriate.
**optional** Rotate Elemental Seal Impact with other geo if you both have Twilight Cloak.
GEO #1 Keep Indi-Refresh up and keep Geo-Frailty Luopan full time using all your tools to help you do so.
GEO #2 Keep Indi-Focus up and keep Geo-Torpor up on all NM's but change Geo-Torpor to Geo-Languor while fighting Kurma.

RDM-(RDM #1 this role can be replaced with pld but HIGHLY recommended to use RDM. Read NM instructions if you're PLD)
RDM #1 Read NM instructions below, must know inside map and general NM Spawn locations.
RDM #2 Keep Gravity Slow Paralyze Addle Blind up, Dia III Dispel and Silence (read NM instructions) call out to COR to light shot after Dia III, refresh II both GEO, haste both SCH, stun freely, sleep when appropriate.

WHM-(This role can be replaced with a versatile SCH keeping phalanx and regen V on your DD, read DD example below)
Light Arts and Afflatus Solace, Keep DD full HP, manage your MP, Haste erase -na your DD (see DD example below) and curaga when appropriate Boost-DEX Barspell, flash when you can.

BRD-(For 2 or 3 song brd, songs listed are prioritized from left to right, read DD example below)
Call out to other BRD and leader when ready to rotate, only disband when both BRD are ready to rotate.
BRD #1 March x2, Minuet x2 DD, Mage's Ballad x2, Mage's Balled x1 Logical Etude for mage, Haste erase -na your DD, Elegy, Threnody and Lullaby when appropriate.
BRD #2 Madrigal x2, Scherzo, Minuet x1 DD, Read BRD #1 songs for mage, Haste erase -na your DD. Elegy, Threnody and Lullaby when appropriate.

COR-(read DD example below)
Call out to other COR and leader when ready to rotate, only disband when both COR are ready to rotate.
COR #1 Hunter's roll, Chaos roll DD, Evoker's roll, Caster's roll mage, Boost choke and dia III call outs, Haste erase -na your DD, shoot when ever you can.
COR #2 Fighter's roll, Rogue's roll DD, Scholar's roll, Warlock's roll mage, Boost Burn and shock call outs, Haste erase -na your DD, shoot when ever you can.

**WHM/BRD/COR Haste erase -na Example************************************************************

WHM picks one DD in their party to keep hasted erased and -na
Each BRD and COR picks one DD from each party to keep hasted erased and -na (Before and After Rotations)

WHM #1 target DD #1
WHM #2 target DD #4
COR #1 target DD #2
COR #2 target DD #5
BRD #1 target DD #3
BRD #2 target DD #6

After rotate

WHM #1 target DD #1
WHM #2 target DD #4
COR #2 target DD #2
COR #1 target DD #5
BRD #2 target DD #3
BRD #1 target DD #6
**********************************************************************************************

Love the article. I have been doing the bold part since VW only to be laughed at. But now others catch on and play like me. I glad to see people finally follow my lead and want to be like me.
 Ragnarok.Marquiss
user: Marquiss
By Ragnarok.Marquiss 2013-06-27 03:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »

If one job does anything more than what is listed, then one job is not doing what they're suppose to, thus having their slack picked up, expect to lose.
if everyone does what is listed, nothing more, nothing less, (not 100% literal, but you get the idea) expect to win!

**Scroll down to your jobs instructions then scroll down to NM specific instructions Read any micellaneous notes also**

Setup:

General instructions:
All DD including COR use accuracy food and everyone gets ionis, Mage always stay at max casting range from DD, DD never face NM towed mage, mage party mage always stay next to your GEO (RDM see NM specific instructions)
*ALL DD* always switch target to any adds that may aggro or link until they are killed, continue killing NM once adds are dead, Think fast with all of your actions, do not hesitate to move to/pull next NM.

**Communicate your actions between appropriate members using party chat or /tells if specific**

MNK-
Rotate mantra with other MNK in your party, provoke once in awhile and beat your enemy to a bloody pulp.

(500~dark skill) Absorb-VIT Absorb-AGI Absorb-TP Drain II, Stun freely, kill your enemy.

DRG-
Make party invite macros for each BRD and each COR, invite when they disband. Rotate Angon, kill your enemy. **optional** but HIGHLY recommended /dnc and keep steps up.

SCH-
Stay in dark arts, rotate Alacrity stuns with other sch, Nuke -if- you can but ONLY when stun is down, keep Klimaform + Storm up for your party, aspir when appropriate.
**optional** /drk with a dark magic set and keep casting Absorb-TP/VIT/AGI between stuns, MUST have a dark magic set for this to work.
GEO-
Keep Burn Shock and Choke on, call out to COR for appropriate elemental shot boosts, Stun freely, aspir when appropriate.
**optional** Rotate Elemental Seal Impact with other geo if you both have Twilight Cloak.
GEO #1 Keep Indi-Refresh up and keep Geo-Frailty Luopan full time using all your tools to help you do so.
GEO #2 Keep Indi-Focus up and keep Geo-Torpor up on all NM's but change Geo-Torpor to Geo-Languor while fighting Kurma.

RDM-(RDM #1 this role can be replaced with pld but HIGHLY recommended to use RDM. Read NM instructions if you're PLD)
RDM #1 Read NM instructions below, must know inside map and general NM Spawn locations.
RDM #2 Keep Gravity Slow Paralyze Addle Blind up, Dia III Dispel and Silence (read NM instructions) call out to COR to light shot after Dia III, refresh II both GEO, haste both SCH, stun freely, sleep when appropriate.

WHM-(This role can be replaced with a versatile SCH keeping phalanx and regen V on your DD, read DD example below)
Light Arts and Afflatus Solace, Keep DD full HP, manage your MP, Haste erase -na your DD (see DD example below) and curaga when appropriate Boost-DEX Barspell, flash when you can.

BRD-(For 2 or 3 song brd, songs listed are prioritized from left to right, read DD example below)
Call out to other BRD and leader when ready to rotate, only disband when both BRD are ready to rotate.
BRD #1 March x2, Minuet x2 DD, Mage's Ballad x2, Mage's Balled x1 Logical Etude for mage, Haste erase -na your DD, Elegy, Threnody and Lullaby when appropriate.
BRD #2 Madrigal x2, Scherzo, Minuet x1 DD, Read BRD #1 songs for mage, Haste erase -na your DD. Elegy, Threnody and Lullaby when appropriate.

Call out to other COR and leader when ready to rotate, only disband when both COR are ready to rotate.
COR #1 Hunter's roll, Chaos roll DD, Evoker's roll, Caster's roll mage, Boost choke and dia III call outs, Haste erase -na your DD, shoot when ever you can.
COR #2 Fighter's roll, Rogue's roll DD, Scholar's roll, Warlock's roll mage, Boost Burn and shock call outs, Haste erase -na your DD, shoot when ever you can.

**WHM/BRD/COR Haste erase -na Example************************************************************

Each BRD and COR picks one DD from each party to keep hasted erased and -na (Before and After Rotations)

WHM #1 target DD #1
WHM #2 target DD #4
COR #1 target DD #2
COR #2 target DD #5
BRD #1 target DD #3
BRD #2 target DD #6

After rotate

WHM #1 target DD #1
WHM #2 target DD #4
COR #2 target DD #2
COR #1 target DD #5
BRD #2 target DD #3
BRD #1 target DD #6
**********************************************************************************************

Love the article. I have been doing the bold part since VW only to be laughed at. But now others catch on and play like me. I glad to see people finally follow my lead and want to be like me.

You mean this bro?

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-27 03:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Corsairs don't buff like bards. They can't do 8 rolls, they have to do the same ones alternating:
- Both cors do chaos/hunter in starting pt
- Switch
- Both cor do fighter/rogue in delivered party
Then they can eventually add more for mages since there's time until next rotation.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-06-27 03:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Marquiss said: »

Setup:

General instructions:

MNK-

DRG-

SCH-
GEO-

WHM #1 target DD #1
WHM #2 target DD #4
COR #1 target DD #2
COR #2 target DD #5
BRD #1 target DD #3
BRD #2 target DD #6

After rotate

WHM #1 target DD #1
WHM #2 target DD #4
COR #2 target DD #2
COR #1 target DD #5
BRD #2 target DD #3
BRD #1 target DD #6

You mean this bro?

Besides the legs nothing wrong with that set. On the other hand thank you for taking a picture there today. At that time I traded AV ammo for 14m. A buyer paid me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2013-06-27 03:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bolded stuff that is recommended

Noob talking about how he did it before all the cool kids

You mean this bro?

Dude, he's about to transfer that spiral ring for 500% of what he paid for it.......... Then after he does that, he's going to buy another one.

Edit: Not to mention, that he's dyslexic and is DRK/SCH not SCH/DRK.....
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-06-27 03:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides the legs nothing wrong with that set.

Surely I can't be the only one wondering wtf kind of "set" that actually is?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Marquiss
user: Marquiss
By Ragnarok.Marquiss 2013-06-27 04:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-27 04:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes theres nothing right about that set either....
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-06-27 04:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

2nd SCH/BLM can be replaced by COR. Random deal > wild card > random deal to reset strategms (possibly 1-hour) works fine. I would use PLD over 2nd RDM/BLM as well. I'm not sure what their purpose is, but PLD with twilight set makes a big difference for pulling NMs and clearing the path to the boss.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-06-27 04:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm always a fan of using proper citations for your sources. OP seems busy rewording his guide, so I'll help him out.

Source: Blue Gartr Delve Thread <- Click Me
-Use the "Search thread" function.

As many have said, this information has been around for weeks, and is articulated much more clearly in the BG thread -- just trying to redirect anyone who may be looking for useful advice pertaining to delve bosses.

I have come up with exactly zero novel strategies on my own for these NM's, but we've managed to down all 3 delve bosses now thanks to the contributions and advice in the link I posted.

Best of luck.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-27 04:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

personally i like sch/blm sch/blm geo geo rdm brd for the 3rd party, marches for the schs for trash and brd is perfectly capable of saccing for pulls.. gives another free soul voice to rotate in if you don't kill tojil before initial songs wear.. gjall ballads are nice for the geos
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2013-06-27 09:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
As far as Tot's strat, I did like going /whm as cor but found I was having mp issues even with yag drinks (the group I run with now has cor hasting 2 dd and help cure). Once I started coming /rdm I had much fewer mp issues (also depends on how kind the bard is). I don't know how much damage a COR is going to contribute on these runs. I throw in a wildfire when I can when the mob isn't a no magic type but with lightshot x2 reserved for dia 2, and the amount of times I am casting magic there is little time left to ranged attack.

Going /whm will always cause you to hit an mp wall if you're rotating and doing full support/debuff. With brds also rotating fulltime, it's just not feasible to assume they'll be able to keep ballad on you, and with 4 other rolls to do you won't have evokers on long enough to pick up the slack.

Only one cor needs to dia>lightshot, dia's duration is long enough that even a cor with no -delay will always have shots up when it's time to reapply. That leaves the better geared cor free to contribute damage.
First Page 2