Tot's Tojil Battle Strategy (Highly Detailed)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Tot's Tojil Battle Strategy (Highly Detailed)
Tot's Tojil Battle Strategy (Highly Detailed)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-06-27 10:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
I'm always a fan of using proper citations for your sources. OP seems busy rewording his guide, so I'll help him out.

Source: Blue Gartr Delve Thread <- Click Me
-Use the "Search thread" function.

As many have said, this information has been around for weeks, and is articulated much more clearly in the BG thread -- just trying to redirect anyone who may be looking for useful advice pertaining to delve bosses.

I have come up with exactly zero novel strategies on my own for these NM's, but we've managed to down all 3 delve bosses now thanks to the contributions and advice in the link I posted.

Best of luck.
I still need the damn bee so I can get my free lixir+1~
By Ravenn42 2013-06-27 10:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried tojilast night got to about 81 percent. We did get a lot of adds but I was not sure how we did not get to at least 75 since we were on it for 6 to 7 min before things got out of hand. We have used the simular set up posted.. but we used only 1 geo and 1 rdm. If OP can copy paste the strategy i would prefer that to reading 211 pages of the bg post.

Of the run we did besides the adds and the jobs our ls did a stun rotation which started to resist. I assume because was 2 much stunning. We also did not use rogues roll as someone suggested tacticions .. our monks have relatively good gear so I did not see that as the issue. He was pretty resistant to the damage and was wondering if anyone had ideas? RDM SAID was using dispel.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-06-27 10:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you have mnks formless hundred fists it w/ songs up?

Can't really comprehend it not getting to 75% very soon after the 2hrs drop yet alone after 6-7 mins
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2013-06-27 10:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
We tried tojilast night got to about 81 percent. We did get a lot of adds but I was not sure how we did not get to at least 75 since we were on it for 6 to 7 min before things got out of hand. We have used the simular set up posted.. but we used only 1 geo and 1 rdm. If OP can copy paste the strategy i would prefer that to reading 211 pages of the bg post.

Of the run we did besides the adds and the jobs our ls did a stun rotation which started to resist. I assume because was 2 much stunning. We also did not use rogues roll as someone suggested tacticions .. our monks have relatively good gear so I did not see that as the issue. He was pretty resistant to the damage and was wondering if anyone had ideas? RDM SAID was using dispel.

My idea is that you read the BG thread. It spells out the stun resists, rolls, setups, gear levels, debuffs, etc. Reading a watered down, and in some parts incorrect, synopsis is just going to cause you more trial and error.

You can read the relevant portion of the thread in less time than it will take you to gather and get through another losing run.

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Raise your standards, get a +2 like I did! >:3
By Ravenn42 2013-06-27 11:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said: »

My idea is that you read the BG thread. It spells out the stun resists, rolls, setups, gear levels, debuffs, etc. Reading a watered down, and in some parts incorrect, synopsis is just going to cause you more trial and error.

You can read the relevant portion of the thread in less time than it will take you to gather and get through another losing run.

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Raise your standards, get a +2 like I did! >:3

All 211 pages? Can you throw me a bone and give me like a 3 -5 page estimate about where the good Info is
By Ravenn42 2013-06-27 11:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Did you have mnks formless hundred fists it w/ songs up?

Can't really comprehend it not getting to 75% very soon after the 2hrs drop yet alone after 6-7 mins

Yes hundred fist and formless strikes...although we saved soul voice for when it was 50 percent we still had troubadour songs and rolls.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-06-27 11:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ah, we have 8 SV songs that last the entire fight, so there's no need to save it.
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2013-06-27 12:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry everyone, the OP setup and every ones role will make much more sense in my NM instructions, when i get the time to finish it. that being said though, there is a much better setup to be used that i may edit in at a later time, i will give this a bump when i'm 100% finished with it, but don't expect that to be anytime soon :(
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-27 12:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Please just delete your initial post
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
Server: Phoenix
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2013-06-27 13:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

After reading this thread I'm not sure that I believe the OP has actually killed Tojil.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-27 13:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

All 211 pages? Can you throw me a bone and give me like a 3 -5 page estimate about where the good Info is

If you want to skim then use the search function for key words and you should be able to find most of what you need.

But the thread is gold and worth reading entirely and can teach you a lot about how to think about these mobs, what the major issues other groups ran in to during the trials and failures so your group can learn from that and avoid it. A bullet point strat won't give you those advantages.

Optimally, you'd want to keep up with thread as it's moving so it's not quite so much at one time.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-06-27 13:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean you don't come to FFXIAH forums for the latest endgame strats & news like our friend Slowpoke up there?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-06-27 13:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you talking about. I got my first Tojil kill the same day I read this thread!
[+]