These new-age WHM make me /sigh
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-07-03 00:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually use sublimation fairly often even with a rdm in party. I just figure it's better to take one thing off the rdm's plate if it won't make too big a difference. It tends to really annoy some of my rdm friends though, lol.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-16 07:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, I hope there aren't people on Ramuh that complain about me this way...

I'm old school and like my /BLM just fine.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-16 07:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
I do all the time. Level a real job like rdm or sam or drg! gawd~

You don't count anyway, Row. >_>
 Leviathan.Marzanna
Server: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-09-16 22:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

*facepalm* I cant believe this is seriously being debated...

Anyone claiming /sch is not better than /blm and /smn obviously doesnt know anything about the sub at all. What does /blm give? ES, a lil more MP, Conserve MP I, and oh oh... WARP! /smn gives you what auto refresh and some more lolmp.

/sch we get
Higher Enfeebling
Higher Enhancing
Higher Dark Skill
Dispel,Sleep, Aspir etc
10% off cast time of spells
10% off mp cost spells
Conserve MP I (same as /blm)
Clear Mind II (same as /blm)
Half MP cost of spells with strats
and if no RDM, we get Sublimination

but..no avatars! so, smn sub is obviously better! disregard everything i just said... lulz -.-
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-16 23:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I still /blm because I don't main heal on WHM as I have plenty of other jobs leveled. I was WHM main before SCH was released so haven't bothered.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Lordgenbu
Server: Asura
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-16 23:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had any HNM experience at all, you'd know /BLM is clearly better then /SCH or /anything for that matter.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-16 23:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

oooo
 Leviathan.Marzanna
Server: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-09-16 23:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lordgenbu said:
If you had any HNM experience at all, you'd know /BLM is clearly better then /SCH or /anything for that matter.

Yah, because endgame is everything ^^

Even then, if you're relying on a WHM/BLM for ES sleep/debuffs you should possibly consider getting some more BLMs or better RDMs.

/SCH is still better overall, unless like i said you're needing a WHM too ES repose said HNM, because you've slept him so many damn times with Sleep, that hes resistant lulz.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-17 00:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is /blm so wonderful for HNM <_< I do HNM and am still nonplussed. Maybe I'm just dumb?!
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-17 00:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Why is /blm so wonderful for HNM <_< I do HNM and am still nonplussed. Maybe I'm just dumb?!

I don't get it either Raen.. and I'm not even allowed to do HNM!

Stupid people not wanting Scholars, and only like three NA HNMLS being on our server and me not liking any of the people in them.
 Bahamut.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-17 01:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, I thought this thread was about wanting the old-school 'NIN TANK ONRY' WHMs back.

Silly me.

Even DRK can sub SCH for that stuff when they have nothing better to do.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-17 01:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Marzanna said:
Lordgenbu said:

Even then, if you're relying on a WHM/BLM for ES sleep/debuffs you should possibly consider getting some more BLMs or better RDMs.

/SCH is still better overall, unless like i said you're needing a WHM too ES repose said HNM, because you've slept him so many damn times with Sleep, that hes resistant lulz.

Endgame isn't everything, but if you're not doing endgame then who gives a ***what job you're on?

Having said that, I agree with you in failing to see what's so special about /blm. I can't imagine Elemental Seal being as important as all the bonuses you get from /sch, so what am I missing?

I understand that situational ***is situational (like I'd much rather have any whm's in sky come /blm for escape), and I'm no whm myself, but can someone (Lordgenbu) explain what's so good about /blm?
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-17 01:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Marzanna said:
Lordgenbu said:

Endgame isn't everything, but if you're not doing endgame then who gives a ***what job you're on?

Having said that, I agree with you in failing to see what's so special about /blm. I can't imagine Elemental Seal being as important as all the bonuses you get from /sch, so what am I missing?

I understand that situational ***is situational (like I'd much rather have any whm's in sky come /blm for escape), and I'm no whm myself, but can someone (Lordgenbu) explain what's so good about /blm?

/blm you musta have itttt. i'd rather use /smn /sch of /blm anywhere.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-17 01:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason WHM/BLM is used for, well, anything is because before the expansions, there were only three mage jobs. WHM, BLM, and RDM. Obviously BLM was a better sub because it gave more MP.

The only reason it's still around today is because 90% of the current endgame WHMs are newer players that don't see why RDM or SCH are better at just about everything. Newer WHM+Limited subs=WHM/BLM
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-17 02:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally used /BLM and /SMN for quite some time even after /SCH was figured in. Once i leveled SCH and subbed it... me and all of my nyzul isle static couldn't stop talking about it's usefulness.

The benefits have already been spread all over this topic so there is no point in reiterating it... but experiencing the differences first hand along with the newer WHM spells has actually added an entirely new aspect to how i play it.

Now i find myself going WHM to dynamis and a multitude of different events, and i find it way more enjoyable than before.

I now get up close for some mobs hoping to do misery+esuna just to laugh at the mob's futile efforts... things such as chariots or soulflayers in nyzul isle are now a single handed joke as well as stress free on MP.

i really enjoy how great WHM has become thanks to the new spells JA's and /SCH.
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-17 03:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an idea as to why the rash of bad WHM... old players talk new people in to trying the game, and make them go WHM. Just a thought.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-17 03:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Zayo said:
I have an idea as to why the rash of bad WHM... old players talk new people in to trying the game, and make them go WHM. Just a thought.

Probably that and the fact when people are forced on jobs/forced to level things they don't like... chances are they wont care and possibly be less prone to change.

I could say truthfully i didn't like WHM until the recent update.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-17 15:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Marzanna said:
Lordgenbu said:

Who said you need to ES Repose..? When clearly WHM is one of the only jobs who can reach 40% with Slow I even over a RDM.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-17 15:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM/BLM or GTFO. New players who go WHM/SCH are like the Neo-Nazis of our time. Back in the days when WHM/BLM was the ***for huge explosions and last minute cures. If WHM/BLM gets your jollies on, then go for it. If WHM/SCH or RDM/SCH touches you in the right place, then come off it.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-17 15:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
WHM/BLM or GTFO. New players who go WHM/SCH are like the Neo-Nazis of our time. Back in the days when WHM/BLM was the ***for huge explosions and last minute cures. If WHM/BLM gets your jollies on, then go for it. If WHM/SCH or RDM/SCH touches you in the right place, then come off it.

I accidentally went WHM/RDM to sea once when we were doing a Temp and surprisingly enough I was able to land gravity on it. That's the only time I've gone WHM/RDM and the only useful thing that came of it.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-17 15:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lordgenbu said:
Marzanna said:
Lordgenbu said:

Who said you need to ES Repose..? When clearly WHM is one of the only jobs who can reach 40% with Slow I even over a RDM.

Yeah.....but what is keeping a RDM from reaching 40% Slow II?

Oh yeah, you probably would say ES, but then again....RDM/BLM with a ***ton of MND gear doesn't exist, do they?

Any shell that requires their WHMs to debuff is a shell that seriously need to rethink how they do things.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-17 15:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Lordgenbu said:
Marzanna said:
Lordgenbu said:

Yeah.....but what is keeping a RDM from reaching 40% Slow II?

Oh yeah, you probably would say ES, but then again....RDM/BLM with a ***ton of MND gear doesn't exist, do they?

Any shell that requires their WHMs to debuff is a shell that seriously need to rethink how they do things.

Listen you dumb ***, I hate you because of how *** stupid you are so I'm going to explain it once for you. Slow II for RDM 5/5 and full MND caps at 39.09% ok? Thank you.

God I don't even know why the *** Korpg still shows his *** face everywhere.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-17 15:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lol rage over 0.91% much?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-17 15:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's keep it on a civil level here. No need to start name calling etc.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-17 15:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Let's keep it on a civil level here. No need to start name calling etc.

If you knew Korpg and how bad he stalks me It's digusting.

Oh and WHM's Slow I does not cap @ 40%
Do some research mate.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-17 15:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you would think people would take the WHOLE level spectrum into consideration, instead of JUST endgame. WHM/BLM anf vice versa at lower levels (before 55) is a beautiful thing.
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-09-17 15:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I went WHM/BLM for a very long time because I simply didn't know any differently, but I was still considered a good WHM from most everyone I pt'd with...even had people I didn't know seek me out for future pts because they'd heard of me. /blush

Then I discovered /SCH...and now the only reason I sub BLM is if I'm going somewhere and I don't need to heal anyone and I want to Warp back, LOL...otherwise, SCH is now my favorite sub and I love Sublimation so much I want to marry it someday... 8D
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15