These new-age WHM make me /sigh
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-06-30 12:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyzul Isle has exposed me to some amazing things, particularly amongst the WHM population. Here are some gems:

- "It wasn't on my list to die" for an excuse as to why they did not cast RR.
- "Sub SCH doesn't work with ballad" when I was on Bard.
- "Auto refresh gives more MP/tick with sanction than Sublimation"
- "Balrahn's ring is useless in Nyzul, it's not an Assault."
- "You're not a WHM, I am; Cure IV pulls less hate than Cure V"

I wish I would have screenshotted these. @.@

Just felt the need to vent, had a horrible Nyzul run just now @.@ You guys get any gems?
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-30 13:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.... Cure IV 'does' have less static hate I believe... But, not volatile hate.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Server: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-06-30 13:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bottom line, most WHMs out there are terrible and never put much thought into their gear. =/

Once in awhile you'll find a WHM that's really fantastic, but yah...

The worst are full time max MP WHMs. Hi2U Zenith legs for everything.

(And don't check my WHM gear atm, because I was skilling up club and ran out of virtue stones when I logged.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Abigale
Server: Bismarck
user: Abigale
By Bismarck.Abigale 2009-06-30 13:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh, Bad whm make me want to cry.. Gives us good whm a bad name ><
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-06-30 13:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

GL on your Blessed +1 btw Abigale... I went 0/37 recently. >.>;;;;
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-06-30 13:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... not so much the fault of them BEING a WHM... but they just happened to be on the job when they pulled this trick:

Here's the scene: Last floor we needed to beat before we could save progress.
got hit with a Soulflayer Leader floor.
Members of the run already kinda beat up from a previous Kill All floor.
10 minute warning goes by.

Here we are, beating on the flayer, mostly weakened.
Bio is flying crazy, the RDM/BLM can't do much to help the bio thats slowly tearing us apart. and we realized... the WHM was NO WHERE to be seen.
We're screaming and yelling for him...
Soulflayer wipes the floor with us.
Time expires.
Failed Run.

There's our WHM to raise us when we all port out.
a million "WHERE THE F@&* WERE YOU" are going across the screen.

His answer "I thought you guys had that!? I was waiting at the pole to exit us"

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT!?!?! didn't you see us DYING in there?!?!"

WHM Response: "I panicked at the 10 minute warning"

proceed /facepalmga
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-06-30 13:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just gonna post semi off topic, I saw an ancient, newly came back to the game, whm the other day and lol'd, I mean theres nothing wrong with what he was wearing at all really seeing as how it was good gear for the era he was from. Its just funny how different whms look these days compared to the whms of yesteryear. I like to walk around in marduk, goliard and clerics and Im quite colorful.

I am the whm for my nyzul isle group, it'd have to take alot for a replacement person to screw up our groove. I have some minor issues with older whms outside of nyzul though but cant say Ive met many horrible whms that hurt all of whm kind. I complain more about melees who run out of haste range or pull a chariot or soulflayer when I have no mp on those rare occassions.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-30 13:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Avinne said:
Bottom line, most WHMs out there are terrible and never put much thought into their gear. =/

Once in awhile you'll find a WHM that's really fantastic, but yah...

(And don't check my WHM gear atm, because I was skilling up club and ran out of virtue stones when I logged.)

I don't agree with that "most" whm's are terrible, I have seen alot of ppl with whm and are awesome at the job.

It really depends on situation for whm, it could be just for pling and have all the mp gear, it could be a dd whm, it could be any situation of gear they use. Just cause you see some run around with some gear doesn't mean they use it always.

I do understand there are new whm's that come along, but can't judge much on them if they haven't done endgame with whm.

Just my thought
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-06-30 13:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I really never quite understood why so many WHMs suck. Literally, it seems like WHMs are so few and far between to begin with because no one wants to play it... and then those that do play suck at it.

Maybe they're all actually really good, and just choose to suck because if they were seen playing well they'd be forced to continue playing WHM? So they just suck *** at it so you'll make them bring some other job to events just so you can actually win.

*** WHM conspiracy I tell ya!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-06-30 13:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sovereign said:
Yeah I really never quite understood why so many WHMs suck. Literally, it seems like WHMs are so few and far between to begin with because no one wants to play it... and then those that do play suck at it.

Maybe they're all actually really good, and just choose to suck because if they were seen playing well they'd be forced to continue playing WHM? So they just suck *** at it so you'll make them bring some other job to events just so you can actually win.

I can tell you that it's been tempting to do that... NO LIE.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.October
user: izzlet
By Midgardsormr.October 2009-06-30 13:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could hate other whms to death.

Especially the ones who full-time AF2 pants.
And are /blm or /smn.
And they cast their crappy 1/5 S5 over my 5/5 and don't listen when I ask them not to. Barspells too.
NOTHING GETS ME MAD AT VIDEOGAMES LIKE OTHER WHMS.
[+]
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-30 13:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Avinne said:
Sovereign said:

I wouldn't blame ya...I got *** bored as ***with WHM, lemme tell ya.
[+]
 Fairy.Neptuneice
By Fairy.Neptuneice 2009-06-30 13:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Most other whms make me die inside ):
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-06-30 13:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I like this thread <3
[+]
 Shiva.Nightraid
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-30 13:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

October said:

And are /blm or /smn.

Thats a stupid generalisation, having /blm or /smn doesnt mean you suck or dont know how to play the job.
Heck i dont even have SCH unlocked and i play just fine.

Avinne said:

I agree with this though, the amount of times i see a WHM casting Cure in Electrum or astral ring's is awful. The only time i see Zenith as a "maybe" is when trying to get your HP below 75% for Medicine Ring otherwise they suck.
[+]
 Shiva.Generalramuh
By Shiva.Generalramuh 2009-06-30 14:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odds are there are just as many people that suck at EVERY OTHER JOB in the game than those who suck at whm ratio wise... The difference is you don't tend to notice Sucky DDs as much unless your parsing. Rdm only gets noticed for sucking if they are the main healers or slack on refresh/sleeps in certain situations.

Also keep in mind if you don't like how someone else plays a job then level it yourself then you don't have to worry about having a bad whm in your nyzul runs.
[+]
 Fairy.Neptuneice
By Fairy.Neptuneice 2009-06-30 14:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightraid said:
October said:

And are /blm or /smn.

Thats a stupid generalisation, having /blm or /smn doesnt mean you suck or dont know how to play the job.
Heck i dont even have SCH unlocked and i play just fine.

Yeah... White mages did just fine 7 years before Scholar even existed. We don't /have/ to conform to a new age spur-of-the-moment subjob just to do our jobs. However it IS very nice, I will admit. But like other old whms I busted my *** just getting black mage up to be a sub job so why would I want to waste more time leveling a job I hate?
Seriously. I would level scholar, but I can't even make the time to.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-30 14:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

October said:
And are /blm or /smn.

Granted I don't play main heal WHM often, but I don't have a full /sch sub. Always used /BLM when I did main heal. Not saying that /SCH isn't better, just /BLM isn't necessarily gimp.
[+]
 Odin.Mooner
Server: Odin
user: Mooner
By Odin.Mooner 2009-06-30 14:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Avinne said:

O yea i feel ya on that whm was my first 75 almsot 3 years ago and by the time was 75 i was tired of it and still had to events all the time with it but o well whats best for the team i suppose and my whm has lolzenithlegs cause my whm hasnt been used much in two years so watever people can think that makes me gimp but ill do my job lol
[+]
 Asura.Xedal
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Xedal 2009-06-30 14:06:02
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I remember my first Nyzul run on my first char, the WHM stood there doing nothing most of the run, even though all of us died atleast once, then we got a lamp floor, and there was a bomb guarding the last lamp.. and what does he do? He starts casting Sneak well within range of it.. It starts chasing him, kills him, and then I get "WHY THE F**K DIDN'T YOU TAKE IT OFF ME YOU F**KING IDIOT!" after the time ran out, we failed, hello waste of a Tag. Anyways at this point I was still getting shouted at by this WHM, and I just lol'd and left... There is my story..

And also! (Yes there is more, stop reading now if you want. =P) there was this WHM a couple days ago that was making my poor little PLD life hell by being on a mission to keep me at constant 100%, pulling quite abit of hate. (This was in Qufim, all I had was Provoke to really keep hate.) He nearly died on the mob we were fighting, SAM finished it before it could kill him. I thought "Well, its Qufim, he must be new." I /search for him, he is Rank 10... So I assume he knows what he is doing, so I ask him to give me some time to cure myself for hate. I then get "-.- Cure yourself faster then n00b." Yet again, I lol'd and left.
 Odin.Poppisgirl
By Odin.Poppisgirl 2009-06-30 14:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mooner said:

O yea i feel ya on that whm was my first 75 almsot 3 years ago and by the time was 75 i was tired of it and still had to events all the time with it but o well whats best for the team i suppose and my whm has lolzenithlegs cause my whm hasnt been used much in two years so watever people can think that makes me gimp but ill do my job lol

You do a damn fine job at WHM, but it's your BLM that I <3 (Your exp says it all ~.^). But yeah, good WHMs are hard to come by. Sadly one of the best WHMs in my shell hates the job, imagine that ~.~ lol
 Fairy.Olshie
user: Olshie
By Fairy.Olshie 2009-06-30 14:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Generalramuh said:

Also keep in mind if you don't like how someone else plays a job then level it yourself then you don't have to worry about having a bad whm in your nyzul runs.

thats what i did...after a lots of really bad whm's i finished mine. was my revenge to all this bad whm's ive ever had.
(one of my favorite whm was in a lvl 50PT at QSC, fighting ants and our whm never lerned Silena. was really fun for our nin tank. >.<)

id never say im a good whm but other ppl always say it. so if i want a good whm ill play it.
oh and /sch is really nice to have. specially with a brd and balrahn at nyzul lol.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-06-30 14:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so hear everyone bashing whms set ups and skills.So as a new 75 whm out of curiosity what gear and set ups for curing and play style is ideal? Bearing in mind not counting stuff that's near impossible to get unless you in a super hnml that does kings and similar stuff.
 Lakshmi.Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-06-30 14:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
Ok so hear everyone bashing whms set ups and skills.So as a new 75 whm out of curiosity what gear and set ups for curing and play style is ideal? Bearing in mind not counting stuff that's near impossible to get unless you in a super hnml that does kings and similar stuff.

Everyone's different really... what are you planning on fighting? You don't have to spend a lot on GOOD WHM gear, just be smart about it really. I have sets for CureIV, CureV, SS, Haste, Erase, Resting, Barspells, etc. I know some ppl that have enfeebling and repose sets as well, but it really all depends on what you're going to be using WHM for and how insane you want to be.

Merits will help you a lot as well. I've wanted to rework my tier 1 merits for WHM for a long time, but just lvled other jobs and got too lazy. >.>;;;
 Midgardsormr.October
user: izzlet
By Midgardsormr.October 2009-06-30 14:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, there are whm/blms who are awesome at their jobs, just like there are whm/schs who suck. But when I'm dealing with whms I've picked up in some shouting thing I'm gonna be more inclined to take a /sch whm than a /blm whm, I'd rather have someone who took the time to level the best sub for their job because they care enough about being more efficient and all that good stuff.

Heimdall said:

Generally, for cures 1-4 you want a mix of -enmity, haste and some mnd. CureV just go crazy on the MND with some -enmity. For things like haste, erase, -na, raise spells, etc you want haste and maybe some -enmity. hMP gear is very important. Always remember for gear that's entirely +mp like rings and hairpins that once you've used up that MP those slots are going to waste, so try to swap in something more useful after using that MP. Another thing I like to have is a max MP set, you can wear it at the start of parties/bcs/etc so that after you've buffed everyone and swap into your normal gear you'll still be pretty good on MP.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-30 14:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I used a mix of Noble's/AF1+1/AF2/Blessed gear for my whm.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-06-30 14:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

wow nice tread lol
dont have many stories of new age whm's...
except when I missfire a spell >.>

I do have some old age whm stories, but id proll get hanged if i tell :x
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-30 14:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:

Well...First of all MND is probably your most wanted stat as it helps Cures Potencity, it also has Enfeebling effects to which wouldnt go amiss(para for slowing etc) there isnt many HNM drops drops that benefit WHMs anyway, except Heralds Gaiters.

So yeah just stack up on MND and INT, INT usually always gets high with mage gear anyway.
[+]
 Odin.Mooner
user: Mooner
By Odin.Mooner 2009-06-30 14:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah just stack up on MND and INT, INT usually always gets high with mage gear anyway.[/quote]

INT on whm am i really reading this, that's absurd and anyways cure through cure 4 is effected most by healing magic skill and cure v is the big one for mnd stat and as whm mp is alllways important
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-30 14:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Mooner said:
INT on whm am i really reading this, that's absurd and anyways cure through cure 4 is effected most by healing magic skill and cure v is the big one for mnd stat and as whm mp is alllways important

you read it wrong if you'd bothered to look at the above paragraph i said MND was the most important stat, i was simply stating wearing items such as errant slops give you INT and MND anyway, even though INt is obvisouly not as importtant as MND
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15