RNG and SAM Yoichi vs Gun
First Page 2
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-04-13 11:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is does Yoichi lose out by enough to Annihilator to warrant making the gun instead of a Yoichi for RNG and SAM?

I love both jobs and I'll eventually get both, but which first?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-13 11:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Given you want something for both might as well start with bow?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-13 11:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh no
Yoichi rly does have advantages over Anni as is true for the opposite however if both are properly used the outcome is very close
 Bismarck.Gaspee
Server: Bismarck
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-13 11:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimately, that decision is up to you. Annihilator is indeed a more powerful weapon, but Yoichi you will be able to use on both SAM and RNG. If you are going to do both anyway, just ask yourself which job you play more: RNG or SAM. If SAM, do Yoichi. If RNG, do Anni.
[+]
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-13 11:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

another bow/gun thread - o joy ... cant we get someone like Gaspee or Helel to make a detailed "how to Ranger" thread and suggest we direct people to Sam forums on lolbows!
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-13 11:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Izilder said: »
another bow/gun thread - o joy ... cant we get someone like Gaspee or Helel to make a detailed "how to Ranger" thread and suggest we direct people to Sam forums on lolbows!
bow isn't rly lol for rng :/
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-04-13 11:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The main difference between the two is last stand, if your not using namas/coronach often the gun pulls way ahead. However, namas arrow vs coronach they are pretty close, but annihilator still wins. The gap has been closed slightly if you compare the new mantid arrows which are relatively easy to get to adaman bullets, as Damascus bullets are still somewhat unobtainable. At least on my server. Yoichy is not bad, it's just not as good. So if you love Sam do that first. Also good to note that if you do legion on Sam namas arrow is very good under proper circumstances.
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-13 11:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

pft
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-13 11:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually way closer than ppl think lol. If it is a Namas vs Coronach event the likelyhood of Yoichi pulling ahead is greater. Reasons for this are increased WS freq. from bow delay and AM giving you R.Acc which can be crucial when trying to keep that WS freq. the same. Last Stand can pull you ahead but it's rly close lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-04-13 11:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't scoff til you have both and can see for yourself. Yoichy isn't bad, very consistent. Just will not give you 5-8k spikes like with last stand.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-04-13 11:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
Don't scoff til you have both and can see for yourself. Yoichy isn't bad, very consistent. Just will not give you 5-8k spikes like with last stand.

Last Stand is RNGs best WS nobody is debating that...
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-13 11:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »

Last Stand is RNGs best WS nobody is debating that...
Think he was saying that towards Izilder
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-04-13 11:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-04-13 11:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also bow has advantage of not being in AOE range for true shot!
[+]
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-13 11:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

did say bow is bad ?? its great on Sam

i just don't see it beating gun (on rng) - unless someone has some DPS sheets/Parses to show us where it wins
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-13 12:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My two cents: you'll love both of them. You really can't make a bad decision here. He has already indicated that he is going to make both eventually, it's just a matter of which to make first.

If I were you, I'd do the bow first. Simply because you can enjoy it on two jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-04-13 12:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Izilder said: »
did say bow is bad ?? its great on Sam

i just don't see it beating gun (on rng) - unless someone has some DPS sheets/Parses to show us where it wins

Pre legion nerf our Yoichi rng often beat our anni rng and we used to do 15-20 in hall of mul and they were able to keep up with melee, both wpn are just as good for rng(outside of vw I assume in vw gun should be ahead).

Now if you're into kraken club stuff or mainly do vw, I'd do gun, if you just want a wpn for stuff people use rng atm (legion/odin II mainly) and be able to use it sam go for bow!

ps: if you intend to keep your wpn at 95, do gun.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-04-13 12:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

before you start working on the 2nd, you should 99 the first

edit- not sure why quoting didn't work, was suppose to be
ps: if you intend to keep your wpn at 95, do gun.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-04-13 14:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to 99. All my relics go to 99.

If I were fighting stuff where I was going to melee, that's what my DRK would be for lol.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-14 17:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bow is lol for RNG. Just because it has lower delay doesn't mean it has "increased WS frequency." Higher delay allows for lower x-hit builds that you cannot achieve with bow, or, if you try, you have to sacrifice so much gear it's not worth it. Lower x-hits are more important and significant to WS frequency for RNG than any other job, considering we attack so much slower. Every shot counts.

Coronach obviously beats namas arrow. I don't think we need to debate that. The aftermath of ranged accuracy +20 also is completely meaningless if your accuracy is capped, which it should be other than maybe the ixion in legion. The aftermath of -enmity is clearly much more useful, as it actually does something.

Bow is for SAM, as I've always said. If you want a weapon purely for RNG, then yoichi should never be a consideration. If you want one for both RNG and SAM, then by all means, upgrade it.

IMPORTANT: Ammo delay is not factored into the delay of the shot, HOWEVER, it does affect how much tp you gain from the shot. Thus guns have a clear advantage here.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-14 18:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Bow is lol for RNG. Just because it has lower delay doesn't mean it has "increased WS frequency." Higher delay allows for lower x-hit builds that you cannot achieve with bow, or, if you try, you have to sacrifice so much gear it's not worth it. Lower x-hits are more important and significant to WS frequency for RNG than any other job, considering we attack so much slower. Every shot counts.

Coronach obviously beats namas arrow. I don't think we need to debate that. The aftermath of ranged accuracy +20 also is completely meaningless if your accuracy is capped, which it should be other than maybe the ixion in legion. The aftermath of -enmity is clearly much more useful, as it actually does something.

Bow is for SAM, as I've always said. If you want a weapon purely for RNG, then yoichi should never be a consideration. If you want one for both RNG and SAM, then by all means, upgrade it.

IMPORTANT: Ammo delay is not factored into the delay of the shot, HOWEVER, it does affect how much tp you gain from the shot. Thus guns have a clear advantage here.
sigh.
I can't believe that you can say this and actually believe it. Hoping that you've been doing Legion, mainly Mul, and have witnessed the amount of R.acc that's required to even cap. To make anything less than a 5hit on gun is sacrificing too much. The +20R.acc from Namas is tremendous in this same manor. And the difference between Coro and Namas isn't that great. I would agree that Anni was far superior prior to the Embrava nerf however not having regain and the need for R.acc hurts gun more than it does bow. As said before, unless you're able to spam Last Stand, Yoichi and Anni are pretty evenly matched weapons
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-04-14 18:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Bow is lol for RNG.

Totally gonna tell all my rng friends they are horrible for not annihilating yoichi rng dmg in hall of mul/legion!
 Quetzalcoatl.Roark
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2013-04-14 21:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

what you have to consider here is what happens when a person does these data tests. they shoot many times and data is gathered. then then analyze this after many hours and put it into perspective. perspective is a silly thing. like that time uncle george thought he could get away with killing aunt sally. but he was sadly mistaken.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-14 22:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Roark said: »
what you have to consider here is what happens when a person does these data tests. they shoot many times and data is gathered. then then analyze this after many hours and put it into perspective. perspective is a silly thing. like that time uncle george thought he could get away with killing aunt sally. but he was sadly mistaken.
i wish you would stop posting ;;
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-05-09 09:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I'm really new to RNG, made my Yoichinoyumi99.

I have no idea what I'm doing gear wise. I'd appreciate any advice I can get on how to improve. Bear in mind I'm not thinking of Delve related gear here.

TP Set:
ItemSet 300329

Namas Set:
ItemSet 300331

My first upgrade is +2ing the hands. I'm working on Vulcan's Earrings. I'm also trying to pick up the salvage hands, but until I get and upgrade them, are Scout's +2 hands even worth upgrading? Is Dagaz ring useful for anything or should I just sell it?

I have no Salvage gear for RNG -currently-, I am working on it, and Delve points are going towards my DRK.

Any advice would be appreciated.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-05-09 12:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow with the new anouncements it looks like bow is gonna crap all over the guns again right? Jishnu's Radiance and Namas Arrow with upgraded Yoichinoyumi? I hope they go through with it, already bought my coins and such lol.

And just scored a free Uther's grip. Not much but it's better than what I had. This day is off to an amazing start.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-09 17:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »
Wow with the new anouncements it looks like bow is gonna crap all over the guns again right? Jishnu's Radiance and Namas Arrow with upgraded Yoichinoyumi? I hope they go through with it, already bought my coins and such lol.

And just scored a free Uther's grip. Not much but it's better than what I had. This day is off to an amazing start.

You'd be better off using one of the new higher delay bows for JR, and coronach with annihilator if you require a hate-free weapon skill. I don't see yoichi become any less useless for RNG. SAM will potentially get a nice boost though.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2013-05-09 19:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt SAM will get access to it sadly. And I was under the impression Gun was going to be weaker at least until new ammo comes out.
 Bahamut.Havelock
Server: Bahamut
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2013-05-10 02:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think emp WS will be a good boost for bow RNG. I do not believe that SAM will be allowed to use JR as he cannot use Gandiva. We do not know what would be the stats on upgraded Yoichi, however I would assume that the boost will be similar to swords, where the DMG is closer to Boss drop Buramenk'ah than Halachuinic Sword and there is no bow that drops from Delve boss.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 02:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I never implied SAM would get access to JR. They said, very overtly, that the unlocked WS would be job dependent. SAM would benefit from the increase in base damage on yoichi, however. I also never implied that guns were stronger than bows, but annihilator is certainly more powerful than yoichi, and so too is coronach more powerful than namas arrow.

So to reiterate, JR for pure damage, coronach for hate-control, which leaves yoichi still as purely a SAM toy.
First Page 2