Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG and SAM Yoichi vs Gun
RNG and SAM Yoichi vs Gun
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-05-10 02:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi was actually a very viable and strong build on sam to use in legion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ronix
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Argile
By Quetzalcoatl.Ronix 2013-05-10 02:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Put it this way. We have 4-5 Guns and 4-5 bows in the shell. Not one event is dominated but one or the other. One day Guns win another Bows win. Same event same mobs ect. The deciding factor 95% of the time is who pulls hate or so or dies or of course the 15k barrages. If you honestly think one is better you are F'n crazy and should have your head checked. I personally have gun. If you love both sam and rng I'd build bow you will be very happy with it with correct gear.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 03:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ronix said: »
Put it this way. We have 4-5 Guns and 4-5 bows in the shell. Not one event is dominated but one or the other. One day Guns win another Bows win. Same event same mobs ect. The deciding factor 95% of the time is who pulls hate or so or dies or of course the 15k barrages. If you honestly think one is better you are F'n crazy and should have your head checked. I personally have gun. If you love both sam and rng I'd build bow you will be very happy with it with correct gear.

Are you serious? Do not understand that there are math equations that determine the amount of damage each weapon can put out, and that there certain numbers, such as delay, base damage, fTP, that determine precisely how much damage can be done over time by each weapon? If you honestly think one is NOT better than the other, then you seriously need to have YOUR head checked, because it's very likely that you can't perform simple math.

I'd love to hear how annihilator, as it is currently, can possibly beat a bow with a base damage of 249? Please explain how such a bow is not better than annihilator? The fact is, there is absolutely no way in hell that any gun will ever touch that bow, or even the 221 base damage bow. Bows currently are the most powerful ranged weapon in the game right now period. That does not mean guns are useless. Coronach will always be the go-to weapon skill for hate control. It is superior to namas arrow (higher fTP) and the base damage of gun is much higher than yoichi.

Bahamut.Serj said: »

I said SAM toy simply because a RNG can do the same thing, except much more effectively with a kraken club.
 Bahamut.Havelock
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2013-05-10 03:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Namas on the other hand has better stats (STR and AGI vs DEX and AGI) so it is not that very obvious for me which WS wins now considering new equipment beats Thaumas (which was great for Anni with STR/DEX/AGI mix).
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-10 03:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »

Are you serious? Do not understand that there are math equations that determine the amount of damage each weapon can put out, and that there certain numbers, such as delay, base damage, fTP, that determine precisely how much damage can be done over time by each weapon? If you honestly think one is NOT better than the other, then you seriously need to have YOUR head checked, because it's very likely that you can't perform simple math.

I'd love to hear how annihilator, as it is currently, can possibly beat a bow with a base damage of 249? Please explain how such a bow is not better than annihilator? The fact is, there is absolutely no way in hell that any gun will ever touch that bow, or even the 221 base damage bow. Bows currently are the most powerful ranged weapon in the game right now period. That does not mean guns are useless. Coronach will always be the go-to weapon skill for hate control. It is superior to namas arrow (higher fTP) and the base damage of gun is much higher than yoichi.

I said SAM toy simply because a RNG can do the same thing, except much more effectively with a kraken club.
sigh i think you didn't get what either of them were saying On another note. What WS are you guys even using with the new bow ?
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-05-10 03:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As it is, isn't Namas on Schedule to be better than Coronach damage wise? The larger the damage on the weapons, the less the difference in current ammo means right?

Also, I know the enmity from the relic WSs are static, but are they altered by enmity +/- as well? I was saying yes but the Gun RNG I was with said no and now I'm not sure.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-10 04:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Please go kraken club hall of mul and tell me how well that went.
[+]
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-05-10 05:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Havelock said: »
Namas on the other hand has better stats (STR and AGI vs DEX and AGI) so it is not that very obvious for me which WS wins now considering new equipment beats Thaumas (which was great for Anni with STR/DEX/AGI mix).

Coronach will always be the go-to weapon skill for hate control. It is superior to namas arrow (higher fTP) and the base damage of gun is much higher than yoichi.
 Bahamut.Havelock
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2013-05-10 05:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jkun said: »
Coronach will always be the go-to weapon skill for hate control. It is superior to namas arrow (higher fTP) and the base damage of gun is much higher than yoichi.
Considering base dmg of weapon and ammo currently that is true. What I was wandering if higher ftp or better modifiers won if damage would be similar after they adjust base dmg of weapons.
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-05-10 06:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering base dmg of weapon and ammo currently that is true.

Well, no reason not to retain the status quo even with the upcoming R/E/M buff (like a static amount of +dmg rather than percentage increase, the latter would obviously skew the numbers in favor of Yoichi which has higher base dmg per-se).

Quote:
On another note. What WS are you guys even using with the new bow ?

Refulgent until you're able to unlock Namas/JR, I guess.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2013-05-10 13:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

He was talking about Yoichinoyumi and Annihilator as they are now.
There's nothing wrong with Yoichinoyumi. I have no issues keeping up with and often beating Annihilator RNGs with my Yoichinoyumi. And -Enmity aftermath isn't really an issue since I shoot in -40 Enmity with merits without sacrificing much in those slots.

ItemSet 276416