Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk/nin - no dream crushing please :P
Drk/nin - no dream crushing please :P
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-28 19:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I never liked the idea of being MNK/NIN...
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-28 19:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When H2H counts as a 2handed weapon...then yes you can become a mnk/sam
 Kujata.Yishay
Server: Kujata
user: yishaymnk
By Kujata.Yishay 2009-06-28 19:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe i stopped merit pt's cause i got sick of mnk/nin when drks and sams were going in as drk/sam(war) and sams were sam/war. leaders saying "survive" "don't suck up MP" ... on topic though ... drk/sam is a great combo for almost everything ... and if your smart about your play style you won't suck up that much MP.
 Kujata.Yishay
By Kujata.Yishay 2009-06-28 19:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
When H2H counts as a 2handed weapon...then yes you can become a mnk/sam

agreed!

edit: till then i'm going mnk/war(dnc or pld)
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-06-28 19:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I went /sam on drk to nyzul on a boss run people were bitching leader said that it was not a problem.. and that /nin is usless for a drk. I went in used my oils and powders and everyone stfu. Then we killed the boss.

/nin is also for isnm's and things where shadows matter meripo you should not /nin unless the leader *** -.-. I hate /nin for meripo and events like dynamis i'd even /war onsam to such events.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-28 19:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yishay said:
hehe i stopped merit pt's cause i got sick of mnk/nin when drks and sams were going in as drk/sam(war) and sams were sam/war. leaders saying "survive" "don't suck up MP" ... on topic though ... drk/sam is a great combo for almost everything ... and if your smart about your play style you won't suck up that much MP.

In a few situations sure youll be fine. But if the mob is AOEing /nin. If theres no tank and mobs live longer then 30 sec /nin. I've yet to see someone /sam that didn't suck up mp in those situations. Try being the healer for once you'll notice the suckage alot more.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-28 20:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Try being the healer for once you'll notice the suckage alot more.

That's why I think everyone should be forced to play every position in a party, just to see what it's like from the other perspective...
 Kujata.Yishay
By Kujata.Yishay 2009-06-28 20:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i'll not derail the topic after this ... please forgive me my comments were in jest and a small rant for me having to "cookie cutter" because ppl say lol to everything you do. as monk i don't panic over my hp being in yellow or high orange cause i know my hp is still higher then everyone elses when i'm in yellow and i tell whm don't cure bomb me and keep me in yellow cause i can use chakra ... last i checked there's not many merit pt's that fight mobs that last long enough for a mob to use an AoE and if they do again my hp is still higher then everyone elses ... why cure me if i'm yellow and 1000 hp? when someone is in low wht and has 800 hp.

again ... i'll not post on this cause i've gotten ppl off the topic at hand. i'll entertain msgs though or vent chat if anyone is up for it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-28 20:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking of situations outside of meripo. I mean really meriting is just lame grind that to help make your character slightly better for real fights... bah need to bring back meriting/xping where people actually had to play together as a team.
 Kujata.Yishay
By Kujata.Yishay 2009-06-28 20:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
I'm thinking of situations outside of meripo. I mean really meriting is just lame grind that to help make your character slightly better for real fights... bah need to bring back meriting/xping where people actually had to play together as a team.

agreed!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-28 20:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yishay, the original OP has been answered, the thread is now officially one big derail :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2009-09-17 12:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a career DRK 75 and I use /nin for a lot of situations. I am personally a big fan of DW and have scored some decent numbers with a pair of swords, and not even near skill capped. I regulary {Vorpal Blade} for over 1500 dmg. The problem being, as mentioned above, by hitting so many more times you are feeding the mob TP.

I say, it's your money, as long as other's lives arent on the line, sub whatever the hell you want. I go /nin for soloing almost exclusively these days, and I live a lot longer. For PT/EXP/Merit, however, you gotta go with a 2H wep, Scythe, Gs, whatever. I know from experience that it doesn't matter how good your dmg is, your parsing, ANYTHING like that, ppl will adhere to their old notions and complain about your setup. I've outdamaged SAM in a pt while DW swords, and yet the PT still bitched.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-09-17 12:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You outdamged a Sam with two swords? Any multi-hit stuff? I fail to believe that if not. >.>;

That or the Sam was just horrible.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-17 12:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Rayik said:
I'm a career DRK 75 and I use /nin for a lot of situations. I am personally a big fan of DW and have scored some decent numbers with a pair of swords, and not even near skill capped. I regulary {Vorpal Blade} for over 1500 dmg. The problem being, as mentioned above, by hitting so many more times you are feeding the mob TP.

I say, it's your money, as long as other's lives arent on the line, sub whatever the hell you want. I go /nin for soloing almost exclusively these days, and I live a lot longer. For PT/EXP/Merit, however, you gotta go with a 2H wep, Scythe, Gs, whatever. I know from experience that it doesn't matter how good your dmg is, your parsing, ANYTHING like that, ppl will adhere to their old notions and complain about your setup. I've outdamaged SAM in a pt while DW swords, and yet the PT still bitched.

yay for shitty sams, pics or gtfo
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-09-17 13:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK/NIN has it's uses, just like everything else in the game it's situational.

For example:

I've personally used a taru DRK/NIN to repeatedly assist a RDM/NIN in claiming and kiting King Vinegarroon for indefinite periods of time, the longest being over 4 hours. A feat that would not have been possible without the combination of Absorb-TP, Stun, and Utsusemi.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2009-09-17 13:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I find myself doing drk/nin in nyzul a lot. For most situations though, I stick with /war (Don't have sam leveled >.>). It has it's uses, but I find /war is better overall.
 Ramuh.Kyamiiux
user: Kyamiiux
By Ramuh.Kyamiiux 2009-09-17 13:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this has gone kind of off topic, but yeah. I only sub nin on DRK if I'm zerging or doing a fight that requires shadows instead of Seigan/Third Eye.

You'll only get damage out of mkris while zerging on DRK, otherwise stick to Gsword or Scythe.
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-17 13:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyamiiux said:
Well this has gone kind of off topic, but yeah. I only sub nin on DRK if I'm zerging or doing a fight that requires shadows instead of Seigan/Third Eye.

You'll only get damage out of mkris while zerging on DRK, otherwise stick to Gsword or Scythe.

this^
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-17 18:41:29
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Rayik said:

You are SO full of ***. God I hate trolls.

And yeah, subbing NIN on DRK by choice is stupid. If it's a zerg situation, then cool. Sub NIN and break out your Kris. Any other time, /SAM and Scythe or gtfo my face.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes 2009-09-17 18:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I sub nin to tank timmy
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-09-17 18:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Rayik said:

Shut the *** up.
[+]
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-17 19:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Geldric said:
Rayik said:

Shut the *** up.

I second this and I also approve this message.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-17 19:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say with humility that I have been outparsed by a DRK/NIN dual-wielding swords while I was on SAM.

That being said, he had Organics/Ridill and Ares/Zahak's Mail. Souleater+Vorpal Blade hit upwards of 2k and he could do it 3 times before Souleater wore.

I'm not saying it's likely, but it can happen.
[+]
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-17 19:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i know it can eternius but he just says he does wut u explained. with no valid proof, pics, etc. can't even see his equipment so as I first stated on his "statement" pics or it didnt happen.

btw, nice jenova avatar, im digging it!!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-17 19:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Clowdd said:
Kyamiiux said:

You'll only get damage out of mkris while zerging on DRK, otherwise stick to Scythe.

this^

fixed
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-17 19:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Clowdd said:
Kyamiiux said:

You'll only get damage out of mkris while zerging on DRK, otherwise stick to Scythe.

this^

fixed

/nod
 Ramuh.Kyamiiux
user: Kyamiiux
By Ramuh.Kyamiiux 2009-09-17 20:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Clowdd said:
Kungfuhustle said:
Clowdd said:
Kyamiiux said:

this^

fixed

/nod

Well, I didn't want to get flamed, but I heard gsword isn't worth it, so it's at skill 68. :P
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-17 20:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyamiiux said:
Clowdd said:
Kungfuhustle said:
Clowdd said:
Kyamiiux said:

this^

fixed

/nod

Well, I didn't want to get flamed, but I heard gsword isn't worth it, so it's at skill 68. :P

DRK looks way better with a Scythe, leave the GS to the PLD.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-09-17 20:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DREAM CRUSHED STOMP STOMP SLAM
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-09-17 20:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll need GS for /THF stuffs.