First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 15:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Minusseven... no!

There is absolutely no reason to gimp yourself as DRK/NIN, even with a scythe. And if you gonna use loldaggers, just kill yourself.

Keep the /NIN for THF and /SAM for DRK, you'll feel better about yourself.

Lol well, i get the idea :P ill just use Mkris for zerging fun, at the moment ive been trying to keep GS scythe and GA all capped as i go along (which is *** hard) lol
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 15:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Kunimitsu said:
Shua said:
Kunimitsu said:
If you HAVE to go /nin don't melee with daggers D: Zerg onry! Even better, that 3.2mil from m.kriss could get you moliones set, dusk, and a hauberk+1 :D

For the love of god, buy Tred scythe -.-
Merit Scythe 8 times and get Abysall earring if your worried about ACC.

lol? I've merited scthe 8 times, I have abyssal, and moliones wins. Tred is useful for certain situations. But generally the combo of 3STR and 4STR/5acc in the ring will beat a crit every 13th hit (which doesnt proc on ws)

And yeah, in exp don't worry about mp. half the time you wont be able to use it anyway =[ But if you are the odd refresh will do you.
Shua said:

Dude just dont play drk anymore.

+HP For zerg.
+ACC For Exp.
+Haste For Exp. (when you cap ACC)
In this order usually.
+MP Never.

End of story.

He's asking advise before he lvl's why should he not play DRK anymore? But really -7, the higher you get the more you will notice the benefits of scythe. For one when you hit 75 yoru dagegr skill will be 225, while scythe is at 276, a huge difference. Without the +acc from souleater/ feint, your gonna have a hard time. Try it out for yourself seeing as your getting one anyway. Just try and keep scythe capped too :P

Yah, i think i may just scythe it up with a bit of GS and GA and worry about otherways to be different or amazing lol, btw how much haste does hasso give?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-28 15:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Only going to get +3%-+5% when sam is set as sub from hasso.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hasso

Did you even read that lud? It only said the str was based on lvl the acc and haste are independent. It's been accepted to be 10% forever. Thats how drk/sams were getting 93% before they gimped total haste
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-28 15:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Minusseven... no!

There is absolutely no reason to gimp yourself as DRK/NIN, even with a scythe. And if you gonna use loldaggers, just kill yourself.

Keep the /NIN for THF and /SAM for DRK, you'll feel better about yourself.

There are plenty of low man situations where /sam just makes you an mp sponge and worst then useless. It's for survivability that you should /nin.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-28 15:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not very clear to me >=\
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-28 15:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
There are plenty of low man situations where /sam just makes you an mp sponge and worst then useless. It's for survivability that you should /nin.

Yay for someone thinking about the big picture and not just the big numbers...
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-28 16:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, where would you want /nin lowman? Nyzul is debatable; I never have any issues whatsoever as /sam there. Dynamis /sam, Einherjar /sam ... Limbus /nin perhaps but I'd rather come on another job that being the case.

/nin is far from useless on DRK, but use it as a Last Resort!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 16:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

WOah woah wait... hasso would give me 10% haste on drk/sam as soon as i get it?! if so thats insane
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-28 16:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:
WOah woah wait... hasso would give me 10% haste on drk/sam as soon as i get it?! if so thats insane

yep! drk\sam is a really good mp-sponge pre-70 tho:P but it's fun as hell when you get guillo and can use \sam at 60!
 Bahamut.Nightcrew
user: Nightcrew
By Bahamut.Nightcrew 2009-06-28 16:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, when Hasso dropped /Sam became the main 2hand sub. and with Seigan/Third Eye, you get a mini Utsu (remember Hasso and Seigan will overwrite each other). /Nin has its use for lowman stuff, heavy AoE NM/HNMs where Utsu will block dmg and meripos where the mage is lazy and cant handle Seigan/Third Eye. as far at /Nin being gimped, that's more just personal opinion. most subs have a use at some point in time for some situation.

Happy hunting!
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-28 16:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just jumping in on the sam-sub debate, but truthfully as SAM main there's hardly ever a time that I can use Hasso and not cause sponging. Usually it's just something to pop on pre-WS and take off right after. I think the one time I was able to leave it on was during merits and the mage said he was bored. lol
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 16:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

what do you all mean by mp sponge lol, that i wont use mp at all?
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-28 16:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:

that you get hate all the time, lose alot of hp and that the healer waste all his mp on curing you! lol
after 70 you'll probably use seigan and third eye pretty much fulltime, but it's awsome too, you get mini-utsu + counter!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-28 17:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Well, where would you want /nin lowman? Nyzul is debatable; I never have any issues whatsoever as /sam there. Dynamis /sam, Einherjar /sam ... Limbus /nin perhaps but I'd rather come on another job that being the case.

/nin is far from useless on DRK, but use it as a Last Resort!

Usually limbus. Usually had less then 1 pt. In nyzul depends but we generally wouldn't even think of bringing a drk/sam ate too much mp.
Minusseven said:

You will eat all the healers mp and fast without a tank to keep it off you. Even with seigen + third eye constantly on which most drk/sams wont do. You'll eat massive dmg from mean AOEs. You will destroy the possiblity of low manning something.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-28 17:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, while we're going /nin on DRK, lets go /nin on everything else, that way our survival rate and noobness will increase.

DRK/NIN? no
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-28 17:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
yeah, while we're going /nin on DRK, lets go /nin on everything else, that way our survival rate and noobness will increase.

DRK/NIN? no

Go ahead and ruin the entire thing were trying to do. I'm not gonna plug myself into you to keep you alive. I will let you die and let the unselfish players live
[+]
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-28 17:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
I'm not gonna plug myself into you to keep you alive. I will let you die and let the unselfish players live

Especially when everyone's sitting there /sigh'ing and getting impatient cause you gotta rest back all your MP...yeah, it's the healers fault they had to cure bomb, right...
[+]
 Asura.Sharpe
Server: Asura
user: Takezaki
By Asura.Sharpe 2009-06-28 17:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightcrew said:
ymeripos where the mage is lazy and cant handle Seigan/Third Eye.

1) Most /SAM only use it for Hasso and rarely if ever use Seigan + 3rd Eye
2) Even if they do it's too unreliable
3) When I'm out of MP and have 5 minutes on convert because the idiotic /SAM "OMGLOOKATMYDMG!" melee can't be arsed to lower their damage a little so that the party can continue without MP rests then they are doing something wrong.

Your damage might be slightly less /NIN but your survivability is far far better and it allows much easier chaining. I am sick to death of /SAM melee who make me sit there spamming cure after cure and then being out of MP with Convert still on cool down.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 17:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else ever been tempted to have a 5xdrg/nin and either healer or thf pt, hate would bounce alot through everyone shadows by which time it probly be dead lol- something like that would be incredibly fun anyway
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-28 17:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:
anyone else ever been tempted to have a 5xdrg/nin and either healer or thf pt, hate would bounce alot through everyone shadows by which time it probly be dead lol- something like that would be incredibly fun anyway

drg\magex5 + brd = win
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-28 17:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually more tempted with a 5 or even 6X drg/mage probably blu or rdm maybe whm on certain mobs.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 17:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

mmm, i think i might jus log on and get 6 drg/mage together and have some fun XD
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 17:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

would be such rape, 6 drgs 6 wyverns... would be like 400+ dmg a turn... (in a lvl 10-40 pt for example) would take like what... 4 turns to kil a mob?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-28 17:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah drg/blu has crazy potential. I duod simmurgh so many times like that and only thing I had to do for the drg most the time was haste erase protect and for fun debuff simmurgh... well and grav it during 2hr. He easily did all the dmg in 12-15min and tanked and his wyvern did 90% of the healing... hell I refreshed myself more then him and I had composure lol.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-28 17:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are faults with the players, not the subjobs. Equally you can expect that most SAMs and WARs etc you see are gonna be severely gimped in some way, doesn't mean SAM and WAR are bad jobs.

Shouldn't sponge in nyzul at all really... most mobs are far too low end and a more offensive setup will kill NMs faster making them less dangerous. Fanatic's Drink on the boss is normally enough.

SAM and WAR don't lose a huge deal by going /nin (though it is weaker); DRK and DRG however require /sam (or /war) to do good damage. As a 2handed melee, you need either heavy TP gain (Store TP, Meditate, Hasso, Aggressor) or heavy damage (Berserk, Hasso, Double Attack, Aggressor) in order to pump out respectable damage (just comparing the abilities from /war, /sam and /nin here). WAR and SAM still have access to some from each category so they do fine with /nin, but DRG and DRK are kind of boned.
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-28 17:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Those are faults with the players, not the subjobs. Equally you can expect that most SAMs and WARs etc you see are gonna be severely gimped in some way, doesn't mean SAM and WAR are bad jobs.

Shouldn't sponge in nyzul at all really... most mobs are far too low end and a more offensive setup will kill NMs faster making them less dangerous. Fanatic's Drink on the boss is normally enough.

SAM and WAR don't lose a huge deal by going /nin (though it is weaker); DRK and DRG however require /sam (or /war) to do good damage. As a 2handed melee, you need either heavy TP gain (Store TP, Meditate, Hasso, Aggressor) or heavy damage (Berserk, Hasso, Double Attack, Aggressor) in order to pump out respectable damage (just comparing the abilities from /war, /sam and /nin here). WAR and SAM still have access to some from each category so they do fine with /nin, but DRG and DRK are kind of boned.

This.
And well, \sam have more defensive stuff than \war, so \sam -> \war.
Just remember to use seigan!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 17:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Yeah drg/blu has crazy potential. I duod simmurgh so many times like that and only thing I had to do for the drg most the time was haste erase protect and for fun debuff simmurgh... well and grav it during 2hr. He easily did all the dmg in 12-15min and tanked and his wyvern did 90% of the healing... hell I refreshed myself more then him and I had composure lol.

Nice im training blu Atm, what spells did u use for tanking Cocoon and? is metallic body worth it to help tank as/blu, it seems pretty crap when i use it...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-28 17:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much just cocoon. Thats enough to get the dmg into reasonable lvls and the ability to cure4ish for only 5 mp at .5 sec fills in the rest. Especially since a good tp setup on drg generally has decent hp/mp/def on it... ie homam. As for other spells str vit stat spells and the fast casting offensive ones that cost little for healing breathe activations. Head butt and sprout smack nice on the mobs it works on too. Though on some mobs even lol /rdm phalanx will outdo the dmg reduction from cocoon.
As far as nyzul. Unless you static you cant count on people being good players and not sponging. And while most the mobs are DC-EMish the others it helps to be /nin. I still make my sams/nin or /dnc for survivability... then again unlike most people who insist you can only do it with 2 healers we always bring just 1 rdm for support rest DDs unless we can get a cor... though she usually goes /rng anyways and throws some DD buffs up and shoots alot.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-28 18:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Yeah drg/blu has crazy potential. I duod simmurgh so many times like

im trying to get simurghs ToD, not so heavily camped on my server anymore i hear, so i just run by his spawn like twice a day till hopeullfy i find him up... if he is up it will involve me dieing and getting some ls friends down to help though lmao
 Kujata.Yishay
Server: Kujata
user: yishaymnk
By Kujata.Yishay 2009-06-28 19:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

so i'd like to ask ... if war and drk are getting into /sam .. and i see it happening on my server alot lately ... does this mean that monks like me don't have to go /nin anymore cause war and drk are just doing out of this world dmg with /sam? and let's not forget sam main job.

ahhh ... a mnk could only hope so :)