2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Lua Addon Ideas
Lua Addon Ideas
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 27 28 29
By Nyarlko 2018-06-23 18:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually managed to finish my addon. \o/ Had to use some dirty/ugly methods since I don't understand yet how to properly implement cleaner code, but everything actually works perfectly. :D

EasyNuke, readme contents:

Works like a charm now, especially when working in concert with my homebrew BLM include which handles spell degradation. I can now control all nuking behavior from ~7x macros total. (That covers T1-T6, AOEs, and changing element and targeting modes.)

Thanks to those who helped steer me in the right direction, especially Xurion. ^^

... Now to learn how to submit it to the windower github @_@;;
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2018-06-25 07:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha nice, good job! Do you have a link to your github?
By Nyarlko 2018-06-25 15:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »

Thanks muchly to Nekseus who walked me thru setting the GitHub up. :3

https://github.com/deadman80/Lua/tree/dev/addons/EasyNuke

Constructive feedback is welcome. I'm not sure I even qualify as an amateur at coding yet, so please be gentle when insulting my code. orz
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-25 15:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

Thanks muchly to Nekseus who walked me thru setting the GitHub up. :3

https://github.com/deadman80/Lua/tree/dev/addons/EasyNuke

Constructive feedback is welcome. I'm not sure I even qualify as an amateur at coding yet, so please be gentle when insulting my code. orz
I insult nothing. Fantastic job the end!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-06-26 13:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a nte: fairly certain you can't copyright to a name that's derived from trademarked work. Also as it's something in lua, may as well just throw it up under gpl.
By Nyarlko 2018-06-26 13:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Just a nte: fairly certain you can't copyright to a name that's derived from trademarked work. Also as it's something in lua, may as well just throw it up under gpl.

The usage license is the one specifically required for all Windower addons.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2018-06-26 17:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Jetackuu said: »

The usage license is the one specifically required for all Windower addons.

This. iirc the Windower folks won't accept it unless it has that specific comment at the top.
By Jetackuu 2018-06-26 17:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Very interesting
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-06 13:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a hard addon to make, because there are several other addons that auto buy/sell and move stuff, but it would be nice to have an addon which replenishes item stock from curio moogle.

I like to keep all my consumables in my mog satchel.

echo drops
remedy
Holy water
Panacea
Food
Ninja Tools
Ammo
etc

It would be nice to just run a //restock
command and have it fill up the previously determined list of consumables stock i want to keep.

Example: I like to keep 2 stacks of Holy Water, 1 stack of Remedy, 2 stacks of Echo Drops, 1 stack of each of 3 types of food.

I'm running by curio, and I don't stop to check inventory cuz I'm getting to my event after finishing last one. I don't want to stop and count how much of each to buy.

but if I have those amounts in my setup file, and the location designated as 'Satchel'
the restock command buys 5 akamochi, 12 Holy Waters, 7 Remedy, 1 Vile Elixer, 2 Bream Sushi...
and puts it all in my Satchel.

I really like the way the temps addon does this for reisenjima temp items. Having one for General items would be rather nice.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-15 20:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kazaki said: »
Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
Asura.Kazaki said: »
An addon that takes a single command and uses whatever -na spell is required on the target - saving a ***load of macro space.

e.g. It checks target and sees they have paralyze, so it uses paralyna, etc.
Guessing it would need to prioritise to remove certain debuffs based on the job they are. For example, a mage's order would be:

1. Silena
2. Stona
3. Paralyna
4. ...etc

And it would be different from other jobs. I'm gonna look and see if the debuff list of your target is easily available.

Afaik you can only directly access main party members via incoming 0x076 packets, which is sent every time buffs change for any member. If you multi-box it shouldn't be difficult to write something to track between boxes even if those characters aren't in the same party. Furthering that, you could exchange buff tables between them if you park each of your characters in separate parties, giving more alliance coverage (so if your WHM mule is in party 1 and you're playing WAR in party 2, WHM could still have full knowledge of both party 1 and party 2)

the addon STNA already does it between multi-boxes, but I was hoping for something for just the single character player

Let me get this straight. You want somethin that would send command to a mule to heal debuffs when you recieve them automatically ya?

I wrote some stuff into my blu gearswap that catches debuffs based on buffid. Gain triggers a send command to all mules for doom, and certain ones for other debuffs. Then on loss lets me know on screen. Priority is determined by order of listings in gearswap.

I mean, it could be made into an add-on I guess. But I'm a noob at coding and wouldn't even know where to begin.
By Tomlaps 2018-08-03 04:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be possible to change job in mog garden, and pair organizer with another new .lua addon to trade in/out stuffs to porter moggle slips?

Those AF/relic reforge killed my inventory !!

and probably empy stuffs incoming...

Thanks.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-08-15 07:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a lua that unlocks survival books similar to how there's a Homepoint lua that allows you to teleport without previously touching them?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-08-28 09:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
locks survival books similar to how there's a Homepoint lua that allows you to teleport without previously touching them?
yes

SurvivalGuide was made by same person who made Homepoint and you can find it in the same place.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-08-28 12:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

//Defrag
Moves split stacks around so they combine to full stack and save inventory.

//Defrag storage
Moves split stacks around so they combine to full stack and save inventory.
Moves storage items to inventory
- seals/crest
- crystal cluster
- chapters
- skirmish stones
- fern tuape/pel stones
- Alexandrite
- Salvage plans
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-08-28 12:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like a similar feature for findall. Something that searches for multiple incomplete stacks of items across all characters/mules inventories, and tells you what and where they are. Then you'd find out you have 4 partial stacks of whatever across multiple characters. <,<;;
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2018-08-28 12:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

An addon that I configure to display any currency I choose on-screen so I don't have to stop and look it up in the menus every time.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2018-09-09 06:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

An addon that keeps track of all gil on all characters.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2018-09-12 05:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
An addon that keeps track of all gil on all characters.
Ask and you shall receive.

https://github.com/xurion/ffxi-gil-ledger
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-12 05:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a quick addon to detect whether the ship you're on has a Pirate attack or not. Useful for if you're afk/not paying attention when the zone loads.

https://github.com/KitF/yarr

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ivebian
Server: Bahamut
user: Smg1388
By Bahamut.Ivebian 2018-09-12 06:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

AssistMe

Findall does track gil, the command just doesn't work
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [179 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Blackcoffee
By Ragnarok.Blackcoffee 2019-03-10 13:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any addon like temps to buy KI from gobbie and warp to quetz for domain invasion?

Kinda in the same situation, is there any addon like superwarp to move between nodes in reisinjima? Just trying to cut down on menu time multiboxing.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-10 14:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blackcoffee said: »
I can almost bot my beads in domain invasion, just missing all the hardest parts. Anyone got them?
Pretty sure there was a crappy keypress lua floating around to bot quetz. Haven't used it so not sure how well it works, and didn't save a copy, but someone prolly has it.
 Asura.Azzariah
user: Azzariah
By Asura.Azzariah 2019-03-10 14:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blackcoffee said: »
Is there any addon like temps to buy KI from gobbie and warp to quetz for domain invasion?

Kinda in the same situation, is there any addon like superwarp to move between nodes in reisinjima? Just trying to cut down on menu time multiboxing.

For portal hopping Your text to link here...
 Ragnarok.Blackcoffee
By Ragnarok.Blackcoffee 2019-03-10 14:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! Thanks for the escha port. That'll help a ton.

Just trying to set something up I can use the send addon with, the less tabbing between screens the better.
By Zyla 2019-03-20 05:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Being that guildwork is pretty much a lost project at this point would it be possible to make an add-on like the shout feature it had?

Would really like to see shouts outside of towns so I could see possible PUGs for events while I'm out and about doing solo stuff.

Maybe some of the other guildwork functions like the bazaar one as well.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-03-20 12:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue with Lua is it's open source and easily exploitable without a layer of authentication. An addon that makes a request to a server could be very quickly backwards engineered to send deliberately incorrect data.

Guildwork had a DLL and it also authenticated with your GW account, so manipulating it was a lot more difficult (I won't say impossible).

Technically speaking, an addon that used a hosted service similar to Guildwork with authentication and data collection etc. would be possible. The user session would need to have auto expiry (not sure if GW had that) and need to refresh the session on game login.

The costs of this would not just be developer time, but the service would have ongoing hosting costs. Also the host cost can increase depending on how many users sign up to it. GW covered these costs (I assume) with their premium account service.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-05 23:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be possible to create an addon that would hide PC names but display NPC?

I feel like this game is much more pleasing to look at without the clutter of nametags floating around everywhere but its an inconvenience to turn off and on depending on content you're doing so you know what exactly you're fighting by name rather identifying the model.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
By skyinvader 2019-06-29 01:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an addon to auto pop Unity NMs?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 27 28 29