Lua Addon Ideas
First Page 2 3 4 ... 27 28 29
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-22 04:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought it may be helpful to have a plugin so mages know who has current hate - so they know who they can expect to cure

Also would/is their a way via Send to cure others in you/ally that need it? all via 1 button press. It can tell who needs cure and what cure to give
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-24 06:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Izilder said: »
Thought it may be helpful to have a plugin so mages know who has current hate - so they know who they can expect to cure
If you do an /assist macro on the mob, it will target the player it is targeting. Not sure if mob's target is one of the things can be pulled from game.
Quote:
Also would/is their a way via Send to cure others in you/ally that need it? all via 1 button press. It can tell who needs cure and what cure to give
I believe it would be 'simple' enough, but I don't think there is anything currently written that can do that.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-04-24 10:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
If you do an /assist macro on the mob, it will target the player it is targeting. Not sure if mob's target is one of the things can be pulled from game.
Mappy (original post with program information) does this, so there's functionality somewhere for it... this would be pretty awesome to see.

Quote:
I thought I saw someone set this up a while ago in the Spellcast Scripting section. I can't find the post though, and I might be getting confused with something else; I know it used a trigger spell, but I don't remember if it checked to see who in the party/alliance had a low HP, or if it just looked at the HP of one character and cast the correct strength cure spell accordingly (although that meets the 2nd requirement you mentioned, I see why you're asking for both). Search for 'changespell', as what you're trying to do would use that... there is some interesting reading in there:
Scan nearby party members to use if curaga is needed instead of cure

(was going to post more links but gotta run... you get the idea)
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-24 16:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tragedie said: »
Mappy (original post with program information) does this, so there's functionality somewhere for it... this would be pretty awesome to see.
You're correct that it is obviously possible to do, however, that doesn't mean it can be done via a lua addon. Keep in mind that lua is limited to what the Windower folks have provided us access to. Everything we do is based off of some function that they've released.

http://dev.windower.net/wiki/doku.php?id=dev:lua:interface_functions:input_functions:start

The function we would most likely rely on is get_mob_by_id, but I don't think any of the listed entries are mob's target. Perhaps one of the Windower folks (Hi, Ihm) can chime in.
By Toren 2013-04-24 16:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is an on-screen treasure hunter counter possible? One that could keep track of the TH lvl as applied by any thf in an alliance?
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-24 16:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Toren said: »
Is an on-screen treasure hunter counter possible? One that could keep track of the TH lvl as applied by any thf in an alliance?
Yes, it is possible as long as it shows up in the chat log. (meaning not out of range)
By Toren 2013-04-24 16:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it is possible as long as it shows up in the chat log. (meaning not out of range)
I ask because I've lost track of the number of times I've left TH gear on simply because I missed the chat log line that TH proc'd
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-04-24 16:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I ask because I've lost track of the number of times I've left TH gear on simply because I missed the chat log line that TH proc'd
It's worth noting that the TH message does not appear if it procs during a weaponskill, due to a limitation of SE's programming (devs mentioned in a thread, I can find it somehow if you need). It'd still be a valuable add-on to have (since it would track based on the messages that are presented), but it's something to keep in mind.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-24 16:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tragedie said: »
It's worth noting that the TH message does not appear if it procs during a weaponskill, due to a limitation of SE's programming (devs mentioned in a thread, I can find it somehow if you need). It'd still be a valuable add-on to have (since it would track based on the messages that are presented), but it's something to keep in mind.
I thought it simply couldn't proc on weapon skills. Nice to know.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-24 21:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless the Windower folks find something wrong with my submission, THTracker should be available via the updater tonight.

All it does is display the last treasure hunter message on screen.
Code
Authors: Krizz

Version: 1.0

Date: 20130424

TH Tracker

Abbreviation: //th

Commands:
* help - Shows a menu of commands in game
* pos <x> <y> - Positions the TH box. Default location is 1000,200.
* hide - Hides the box
* show - Shows the box

Screenshot:
[+]
By duos 2013-04-25 03:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be possible to receive the logs unfiltered and the parser would read them (in the background) but something like battlemod able to filter them out ?
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-25 04:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

^ whats the question xd is it ... can we filter and still pick up a message - if so im guessing its possible
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-04-25 04:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

duos said: »
Would it be possible to receive the logs unfiltered and the parser would read them (in the background) but something like battlemod able to filter them out ?

That is exactly what is happening. Battlemod has its own filter system, and Scoreboard works independently of the chatlog, purely off the action packet.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-25 06:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

TH Tracker is now available in the windower launcher.
By duos 2013-04-25 07:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
That is exactly what is happening. Battlemod has its own filter system, and Scoreboard works independently of the chatlog, purely off the action packet.

Thanks always thought that parser will look into what i see, thats really neat i should try it tonight.

Got two idea that might be useful:

1# Show mobs recent used Tp move ( useful for dispelling spikes and other mobs self buffs or knowing when to turn around/what mode the enemy is at and so on)

2# In range for cure/buff check: Keep track of how far your party member are from you such that green dot next to their name means that he is in range and you can cure/erase them. ( this will be very useful for main healers when you try to heal someone using <stal> and they are out of range ) you could have ran closer until he is in green ( reachable area ) then start casting

ps: long day at work :)!
By Toren 2013-04-25 07:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awesome, I'll be trying that out later this afternoon after work. Thx for the quick work!
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-25 11:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i think redshift suggested this few pages back and i know i dismissed it .. but ... is it possible to get mules to follow you when you are invisible (without going to the mule screen!)
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-25 20:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

CPU Booster

Primary function:
makes the focused game window get above normal cpu priority.
open game window but unfocused gets normal cpu priority
minimized game windows gets below normal cpu priority

The purpose of this is to help the game run smoothly while multitasking
and/or
to reduce the effect of cpu lags when multiboxing by "Pushing" lag to the game windows no the users focus

Secondary function:
when games is minimized remove shadows and weather effect and cut rendering length to something rally small.

open but unfocused game
full reading length
reduced/no shadows and no weather effect

open and in foccuses
full rendering lenght
user shadows choice and weather effect choices

Purpose:
Reduce lag during multi boxing by removing rendering of unneeded/unnoticed effect.

third function
if fps drops below a certain tressshold it will remove shadows and weather effect

Purpose:
Reducing lag spikes and trying to keep games as high quility as possible.

basically the entire purpose is to utilize the available cpu/gpu as optimal as possible to create a smooth experince as possible.
im already using a 3party program to handle my cpu priority so that focused game get above normal cpu priority and it helps alot qaud boxing on my lappy
[+]
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-04-25 23:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i think redshift suggested this few pages back and i know i dismissed it .. but ... is it possible to get mules to follow you when you are invisible (without going to the mule screen!)

That is already doable through the Send addon (and, in fact, was doable for years on the old Windower with XI-Util's Send, for example). Just have to make a keybinding alias (called "follow", for example) for a lock > run > autorun sequence and then send "input /target <mainname>;follow" to your mule.

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
CPU Booster

Unfortunately, none of those suggestions are currently possible, and I'm somewhat sure the CPU priority thing never will be. The others are also very unlikely in addon form, although doing it through plugins may be doable, but I don't know how easily (if at all, I'm really just guessing here, I don't know if there's a way to determine from within the game if the focus is on it, maybe in regular window form, but for borderless windows I wouldn't be surprised if it was impossible).
By Toren 2013-04-26 08:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awesome, I'll be trying that out later this afternoon after work. Thx for the quick work!

Is there a way to get the TH Tracker to reset it's count once a mob that's been tagged has died?
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-26 09:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

^ yes that would be handy xd
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-04-26 09:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd an in-game clock addon to show game time. has always annoyed me that you can't see clock during combat besides when you stop at the proper point when selecting a ja/ws/magic via menu.

I'd also suggest an addon that crafters/magian trial people might appreciate. It would show game days of the week, always starting with today.

Firesday --> Earthsday --> Watersday --> Windsday --> Iceday --> Lightningday --> Lightsday --> Darksday

Earthsday --> Watersday --> Windsday --> Iceday --> Lightningday --> Lightsday --> Darksday --> Firesday

Watersday --> Windsday --> Iceday --> Lightningday --> Lightsday --> Darksday --> Firesday --> Earthsday

Better yet, it could do it with graphics.
 Sylph.Xtinae
Server: Sylph
user: Xtinae
By Sylph.Xtinae 2013-04-26 09:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

just brainstorming - but sometimes, you take on too many goals at once so....

Sticky notes! usually built-in stickies from winxp/7 would work, but it doesn't play nice with full screen, multi-monitors, etc. Also some logic behind it would be needed.

example HUD:

Daily Routine (re-appear every earth day no matter if you check the box)
[ ] Turn in guildpoints for xyz guild
[ ] Do HELM/Digging/Fish til xxx limit
[ ] Check AH for Item ABC

One time Events (removed once done)
[ ] Do Trial 123
[ ] Mule stuff
[ ] Get +2 head items for XYZ job

and someway to check the box. Each line could just be user defined text.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-26 15:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to get the TH Tracker to reset it's count once a mob that's been tagged has died?
^ yes that would be handy xd
I've been debating how I want to do this. I'll fool with it this afternoon, and should have something out later.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-26 15:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I just pushed an update to TH Tracker so that it will make the box disappear if a mob of the same name is defeated.

Immediately afterwards I realized a flaw in this. If someone around you kills a mob of the same name, then the box will disappear.

There are a couple ways around this, but neither would be particularly quick to implement.

1) Use the mob ID to track mobs. This could potentially enable me to open up the addon to be able to track multiple mobs so that you could see what level is on each mob you've procced.

[Edit: But I just realized I don't think I'm able to get the ID of the mob that was defeated. I'll have to experiment with this.]

2) Do a check to see if the defeater is in the alliance.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-04-26 16:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Use the mob ID to track mobs. This could potentially enable me to open up the addon to be able to track multiple mobs so that you could see what level is on each mob you've procced.

[Edit: But I just realized I don't think I'm able to get the ID of the mob that was defeated. I'll have to experiment with this.]

You can periodically check for its status.
Code
mob = get_mob_by_id(mob_id)

if mob['status'] == 2 or mob['status'] == 3 or mob['distance'] > 900 then
    -- Consider mob dead or out of range, reset TH box
end
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-26 16:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcon said: »

You can periodically check for its status.
Code
mob = get_mob_by_id(mob_id)

if mob['status'] == 2 or mob['status'] == 3 or mob['distance'] > 900 then
    -- Consider mob dead or out of range, reset TH box
end
Ah, I didn't think about that. Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Zirael
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-04-27 04:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Weaponskill Latent Breaking Tracker

As suggested here
https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/239#issuecomment-17111837
a plugin that displays a number of weapon skill points accumulated on your currently equipped weapon (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Weapon_Skill_Points).
[+]
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-27 10:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

TH tracker didnt work on the Ironclad in altep today

nvm : just reloaded it and it worked
First Page 2 3 4 ... 27 28 29