Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-08 17:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Pixxie said: »
Lost total respect for Saevel today, when he started acting like a little *** simply because the group he was in didn't do it his way. Calling me a shitty RUN because he was dumping MP on me. No tank getting hit by all the mobs would be able to survive that (maybe with Epeolatry). My only mistake is going in before songs were done. I've tanked this months ambu on VD to know I can do it just fine.

So I can see how even though people are providing evidence he rejects it simply on the basis of him not seeing it himself.

Dude is an *** tank, in full DD gear and Lionheart while getting a bunch of mobs smacking him around. Pull the mobs before BRD was finished songs so everyone had placeholders while ***happened.

Just reformed and kicked it's ***, 5~6 min wins Rua as tank.

So yeah ***tank is ***tank.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-08 17:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the first tank I had for this months ambuscade, except he only had Aettir. But he was trying to DD and would get owned by counterstance because he had no defense between sub drk and sushi, lol.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-08 17:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Pixxie said: »
Lost total respect for Saevel today, when he started acting like a little *** simply because the group he was in didn't do it his way. Calling me a shitty RUN because he was dumping MP on me. No tank getting hit by all the mobs would be able to survive that (maybe with Epeolatry). My only mistake is going in before songs were done. I've tanked this months ambu on VD to know I can do it just fine.

So I can see how even though people are providing evidence he rejects it simply on the basis of him not seeing it himself.
To be fair you shouldn't be tanking high level content with a Lionheart. I have an Epeo and even I don't try to DD this month's Ambuscade on VD. There's far too much risk of high damage in a short space of time to accommodate it. All it'll take is one WS to hit you in your Dimi/Resol set and you're brown bread.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-08 17:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Sounds like the first tank I had for this months ambuscade, except he only had Aettir. But he was trying to DD and would get owned by counterstance because he had no defense between sub drk and sushi, lol.

I've actually tanked this with Aettir before as /WHM (wake up healer in case of sleepga / breakga), it's not hard. Tank runs forward aggroing the mobs and then immediately does foil to nail hate. Positions with back to pillar while BRD lays down sleepga and RDM does silence on Warlock, Dualiest, Ravager and Pet. Then group proceeds to murder everything. Works like clockwork unless your tank wants to pull before buffs finished, run them back to start, wear DD gear and try to DPS the MB with the adds beating on them and everyone else. Because the tank tried to pull mages back to the start, they just stood in the center and cast spells at a range instead of being clusted for sleepga.

So much fail in the first 30s of that fight, left immediately after the wipe. Grabed teamawesome and the leader of the previously failed run joined our group as a BLU.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-08 17:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Aettir tanking is just fine, but this guy was trying to DD and would be hitting the Monk during hundred fists with WS gear, and same with the main NM doing 1200 resolutions. The gear required for this fight isn't that high tier, but it still needs to be focused on turtling up.
[+]
By Afania 2018-04-08 18:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

....So impatient.......=.=

Edit: also just want to add that some people don't have the patience to trial and error in a PUG setting, that's not wrong. But then PUG setting is never suitable for impatient individuals.

Back to RUN.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Afania 2018-04-08 18:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh, anyone expect to join PUG VD, get perfect runs 1/1 and immediately bail after 1 fail should just reconsider joining groups in a PUG setting to begin with.

VD these days often require quite a bit of trial and error, and tweaking strat/playstyle to make things work. In PUG the chance to fail is even greater when you pt with people you don't know. It is POSSIBLE to 1/1 perfect with PUG, but it is also very possible that it's not happening. So it often requires much more patience than statics or friends.

If anytime good run doesn't happen and a member leaves, it's just more time consuming to find rep, effectively wasting other members time.

Just my 2c.
[+]
 Valefor.Pixxie
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Pixxie 2018-04-08 18:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Tbh, anyone expect to join PUG VD, get perfect runs 1/1 and immediately bail after 1 fail should just reconsider joining groups in a PUG setting to begin with.

VD these days often require quite a bit of trial and error, and tweaking strat/playstyle to make things work. In PUG the chance to fail is even greater when you pt with people you don't know. It is POSSIBLE to 1/1 perfect with PUG, but it is also very possible that it's not happening. So it often requires much more patience than statics or friends.

If anytime good run doesn't happen and a member leaves, it's just more time consuming to find rep, effectively wasting other members time.

Just my 2c.

This. Now back to RUN. I apologize to the people of this RUN forum.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-04-08 18:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get some people’s thoughts on something? I’ve noticed in Zerg setups that RUN seems to actually hold better hate basically going DD. I’ve been thinking about creating sets lately where I have WS sets that actually incorporate DT and basically spamming WS with no regard to TP and Magic moves. Do you guys think it’s worth it? What kinda gear would we maybe use in this type of setup for reso and dimi? I just want to do something different than the normal flash foil spam and would like others thoughts.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-04-08 19:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What you're describing is "hybrid" tanking, which is a pretty common thing these days. It's best done w/ Epeo III.

Adding -DT to your WS sets isn't such a good idea, though. You'd be sacrificing DPS, which is basically the same as sacrificing volatile enmity. Assuming you're with decent DD's, you'd probably find yourself off the top of the hate list pretty quickly.

You really want to maximize your WS damage. Just don't be a dope about when you go. You don't have to be super fastidious about it -- just avoid the more devastating spells/JA's.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-08 19:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The key point here is that you have to at least be somewhat competitive with your DD. Close enough that the enmity+30 from crusade pushes the enmity generated by your dmg above theirs.

Which is actually a pretty wide margin. +30 enmity is +30% CE/VE. So it's effectively like you're doing 30% more dmg in terms of enmity generation. Get within that range of their dmg, and you get hate.

But nerfing your WS dmg to maintain DT is going to hurt your DPS, probably more than not having to worry about when you WS will help it. And that's going to make it harder to keep hate.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-04-08 19:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha thanks guys! Just stick to the normal sets avoiding troublesome things. Guess I was looking for a lazy man route lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-08 20:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys can honestly take this nonsense disagreement somewhere else. There was a meaningful discussion about resist levels on the last page.

But since you brought it up, ok. If you're a garbage run, fix it. Don't come online blaming people for not wanting to tolerate your shitty performance. That's the epitome of being salty. Nobody would have known otherwise, but now everyone just thinks you're a failure run. Your public blasting did more harm than help, to yourself.

Also, there's like a twenty page wait on asura. I would have been so gone out of that group of what is being said is true. Nobody has time for that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-09 09:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting back to the topic of RUN

What are everyone's thoughts on Shadow Ring? I used to use it and with good results. Wiki shows 13% proc rate, my personal experience would corroborate it having a pretty decent proc rate. With Warders+1, possibly useful for a magical set.

Anybody care to share their set that utilizes ring for magic nullification?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-09 09:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Getting back to the topic of RUN

What are everyone's thoughts on Shadow Ring? I used to use it and with good results. Wiki shows 13% proc rate, my personal experience would corroborate it having a pretty decent proc rate. With Warders+1, possibly useful for a magical set.

Anybody care to share their set that utilizes ring for magic nullification?
Inconsistant damage mitigation is garbage. If it wouldn't have killed you, you're just reducing your WHM's AF3 leg return when they curaga the group. If it would have killed you, you need to be wearing more HP and DT to prevent such an occurance.

If it wouldn't kill you and the slot is unnecessary otherwise, you could be adding m.eva to resist statuses, more DPS gear, or any other amount of useful stats.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-09 09:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As comeatme said, the ring is largely useless for mitigating damage. The only use I can see is a resist Death set for emergencies when your group *** up and a Death is inbound. Kind of a "Plan C" option when all else fails.
 Asura.Murisia
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-04-09 10:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What about against mobs like Halphas and the other dyna MB's
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-09 10:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If your in danger of dieing then your doing something wrong. If your not in danger of dieing then this ring doesn't do anything for you. The issue is that it's not reliable, your WHM will have to be casting cure anyway so it doesn't change anything of the fight. If there were no other decent options then it wouldn't hurt to wear it but there are better options now so it's not worth it.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-04-09 11:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So about the previous Resist & MEva build discussion:

Was a bit confused in reading but is the question whether "Resist All" stacks with RUN's Tenacity, or is it a question of whether stacking "Resist+" or stacking MEva+ is better?

Now that I'm thinking about it, or is it that it's mislabeling on SE's part of what exactly Tenacity and "Resist All" actually represent and how they actually stack/check?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-04-10 09:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The question is whether a given "resist ailment" stat (whether it's resist all ailments, or a specific ailment) stacks with Tenacity / Job Traits, or stacks with magic evasion. It seems to vary from piece to piece.

This, combined with the magic accuracy of the enemy you're fighting, will determine which of the two is better to use.

Basically, if you can use magic evasion effectively, it tends to be better because you can stack it with other sources to reach very high resist rates. The "Tenacity" style resist all is a more desperate measure that works even if your magic evasion is too low to resist ailments effectively, but due to the lack of this kind of stat you can't stack it terribly high, so it tends not to be as reliable.
[+]
By Taint 2018-04-10 10:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So whats the answer then?

RUN can stack 46% Resist (15% Tenacity, 10% cape, 10% AF+3 legs, 11% staunch+1)

RUN also has very high Meva naturally and in most builds, plus they have Runes.

Probably just do -10pdt and call it a day.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-10 11:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN can get higher than that (Empy+1 hands, Jeuno Volte gear, Hearty Earring), but the answer for that high of Status Resist is "we don't know". It's never been thoroughly tested with conventional Status Resist gear on whether there's a cap or not.

It also depends on how "resistible" the mob personally is. For example, you can reach capped resist rate on this month's VD Ambu's charm with MEVA and runes, so MEVA is better in that situation.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-10 14:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I've yet to even see sufficient evidence to be certain that status resist+ stacks additively. Could be multiplicative, which would suck. Therefore, that's what SE is likely to do. lol

There's a lot to be tested about this. How do things stack? What does resist +x actually equate to? Which items work like resist traits, and which are these status specific meva+ that's been suggested?(and is there a way to tel without having to test every damn item..?) etc.
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 188 189 190