Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-06 10:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We can resist giant terror (that rock they throw), the chair guy terror, mandragora terror, but not sure about Proto-Ultimta or Odin / Alexander.

Terror used to be this special Dragons but later SE started adding it to other mobs. It's all the same status ailment but I think SE just monkeyed with the attributes on the attack to make some of them unblockable while enabling others to be dealt with.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-06 11:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A parallel. Resist sleep works on the sleep status. But not on the sleep inflicted by Repose specifically. Seems a similar mechanic.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-06 11:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Resist Sleep work on the likes of Nightmare?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-06 12:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure, can't ever remember seeing a resist or evade message with nightmare, it's super accurate. Though our Diablos summon can be resisted.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-06 12:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
We can resist giant terror (that rock they throw), the chair guy terror, mandragora terror, but not sure about Proto-Ultimta or Odin / Alexander.

Terror used to be this special Dragons but later SE started adding it to other mobs. It's all the same status ailment but I think SE just monkeyed with the attributes on the attack to make some of them unblockable while enabling others to be dealt with.

And Ou with his gardez ***if i recall
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-06 13:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that Strophadia's Wings of Agony inflicts Nightmare type sleep, and that can be resisted (with both MEVA and Status Resist).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-06 14:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Being that it's an additional effect on a damaging attack, and thus no resist! message, how did you determine that the resist+ was responsible for preventing the status?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-06 15:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually fight her on Dark Knight, known for poor MEVA, and in my TP gear, I have never seen a full resist on the Sleep portion out of hundreds of uses.

However, in my DT set, which has Status Resistance +16, I start seeing full resists a significant proportion of the time. Since my DT set has even less MEVA, it can't be from normal resists.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-06 15:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
And Ou with his gardez ***if i recall
I think Gardez gives longer stun/terror (whatever it is) the further away from him you are, within the range of the move.
If you stand close to him you get very short duration, if you stand far it's much longer.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-06 15:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
I usually fight her on Dark Knight, known for poor MEVA, and in my TP gear, I have never seen a full resist on the Sleep portion out of hundreds of uses.

However, in my DT set, which has Status Resistance +16, I start seeing full resists a significant proportion of the time. Since my DT set has even less MEVA, it can't be from normal resists.
Excellent. Those are reasonable conditions to conclude status resist is procing.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-07 09:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Some quick and dirty tests on Tunga, designed to see whether standard resists or resist status takes priority.

RUN99, with lots of MEVA, 3 Flabras, 15% Status Resist from Tenacity, and 40% Status Resist from gear.

Out of 19 Slowgas and Breakgas, I saw:

11 normal resists
8 Resist! resists
0 Lands

So, it seems that Status Resist is checked first.

Also, I did a super quick test on MEVA vs mob additional effects (Tunga's buff absorb).

Tested 4 times each, a MEVA swing of ~600 had no easily discernible effect on quickly he absorbed my buffs, so my tentative conclusion that MEVA is not a factor in mob additional effects.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-07 10:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Good info on the proc order of resists, though a sample of 19 is still small enough it could have been a fluke.

We don't even know what element buff absorb is though, I would probably look at something more standard to be sure m.eva isn't effecting additional effects.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-07 10:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My resist rate was high enough that I think that 19 is plenty to conclude about the order, with that many Resist! procs.

Yeah, hence why it was only a tentative conclusion. I'll have to find something with a common status proc that isn't super hard and do the 2nd test again.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-07 10:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You were wearing 60% and your proc rate is 42%, given resist trait procs first that's a bit low. I'm not saying it's wrong, but that isn't a conclusive sample on it's own accord. There's also the possibility that tenacity doesn't give a resist message while your 40 resist from gear does. A larger sample would help to identify things like this.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-07 10:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not nearly enough to actually staple down whether +60 status resist is exactly 60%, or to determine exactly how Tenacity and Status Resist stack, but for it not to be checking Status Resist first, Tunga's enfeebles would have had to miss my capped resist rate AND trigger Resist Status 8 times in 19 procs, while not missing capped resist rate and missing Resist Status a single time.

The chances of that happening are low enough to discount it.
By tyalangan 2018-04-07 10:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

On BGwiki Tenacity is 15%. I was not able to locate where the extra 5% is found.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-07 10:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh whoops, misremembered its value.

Thanks.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 11:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Tested 4 times each, a MEVA swing of ~600 had no easily discernible effect on quickly he absorbed my buffs, so my tentative conclusion that MEVA is not a factor in mob additional effects.

We know MEVD effects additional effects, many NM's have all sorts of evil on-hit ***and Vex / Attunment / Rune Fencer makes a huge difference in their land rate. Instead I'd say you showed that MEVD isn't checked for buff absorbs which makes sense giving how that's a "*** you" type thing.

It's great we're getting decent info on resist stuff cause that's been a PITA To nail down in the past.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-04-07 12:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Given Geriond's testing, I'm almost positive Staunch Tathlum's ailment resistance is the magic evasion variety, not the Tenacity variety. Otherwise, I should be seeing random "Resist!" messages on any enfeeble I'm hit with, but I practically never see it. Only once in a blue moon.

This makes me wonder if Yamarang might actually be superior to Staunch+1 if you don't need the DT-3...
By tyalangan 2018-04-07 13:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that it is correct but the JP wiki links staunch tathlum to the resist all that gives the "resist!" message. It is only 10% which might not actually be 10% like we are discussing. So, could be possible we never see the resist message because it is actually much lower of a chance?

I guess that is what we are trying to figure out. But, I would never switch 11 status resist (whether it gives meva or actual resist) and 3DT for 4 meva. With RUN, there are too many slot alternatives to lose that DT (parry+,status+,parry: hp+,etc.)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 13:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Given Geriond's testing, I'm almost positive Staunch Tathlum's ailment resistance is the magic evasion variety, not the Tenacity variety. Otherwise, I should be seeing random "Resist!" messages on any enfeeble I'm hit with, but I practically never see it. Only once in a blue moon.

This makes me wonder if Yamarang might actually be superior to Staunch+1 if you don't need the DT-3...

Resist! messages only happen when spells are cast at you, otherwise it's an evasion message because status ailments are treated as additional effects on TP moves.

So like if there was an AoE terror move that a NM did and your status resistance proced it wouldn't say Resist! but instead "evades the attack". If the attack does damage first, then it would just show the damage and no indication of you resisting the effect other then it not taking effect.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-07 15:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Pergatory said: »

Resist! messages only happen when spells are cast at you, otherwise it's an evasion message because status ailments are treated as additional effects on TP moves.

So like if there was an AoE terror move that a NM did and your status resistance proced it wouldn't say Resist! but instead "evades the attack". If the attack does damage first, then it would just show the damage and no indication of you resisting the effect other then it not taking effect.
You are correct about damaging ws with status additional effects. However, it is possible to see Resist! messages on mob WS as long as the ws message is the sort that states a status was applied. Basically it needs to be a WS that only applies a status.

For example,

For this ws, sandspray, it states that a status was applied. So, when we get a resist proc, it looks like this.

And another example;

Now, these are form reaaally old screenshots, so maybe things have changed since then. But at the very least this was possible at the time.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 18:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Now, these are form reaaally old screenshots, so maybe things have changed since then. But at the very least this was possible at the time.

I've never ever seen the "Resist" message like that, it's always been a "evades the attack / misses" message. Was that with battlemod?

I an try to hunt those down and see whats up, possible SE monkeyed with the system awhile back or we just didn't notice it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-07 20:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

These are specific to resist trait procs. You do get 'evades' messages for normal Meva related resists on mob WS.

Anyway, Battlemod didn't exist when these were taken. They're from 2009, iirc. So certainly SE could have changed something, since. But this does show that at one time, this was possible. And there's very little reason to change something like this that's functioning well. But well, SE. I could see them screwing it up by mistake. Like Cover chat messages...

EDIT: Come to think of it, it's entirely possible that battle mod suppresses these Resist! messages on ws or doesn't process them correctly.... I haven't personally confirmed.

I could look through more recent screen shots and see if I find anything. But if anyone who's actually subbed just wants to go test it that might be simpler.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-07 21:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't use battlemod and I've tanked an *** ton of things, don't remember ever seeing a resist message on a TP move, then again I might of missed it. Will start to pay attention just for those now.
By Davorin 2018-04-08 01:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2018-04-08 06:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen that type of resist message as long as I can remember. It's nothing new. Never used battlemod.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-08 16:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Pixxie said: »
I'm mad over something irrelevant, so I'm going to jump into this argument I don't understand and bash Saevel.

Got it, do you feel better now?
[+]
 Valefor.Pixxie
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Pixxie 2018-04-08 16:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Valefor.Pixxie said: »
I'm mad over something irrelevant, so I'm going to jump into this argument I don't understand and bash Saevel.

Got it, do you feel better now?
What is there to understand? People are telling him WS can also be resisted, he doesn't believe it because he's never seen it.

Did I miss something? Yes I feel better ^_^
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 188 189 190