iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 309 310 311 ... 363 364 365
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-09 12:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The Spreadsheet is an excellent tool for this very reason. The Melee DPS never lines up perfectly but if one thing is giving you a drastically different result from another, that’s clearly a loss.

WS Values are pretty consistent with field results when conditions are replicated (like if you Spreadsheet assuming an Idris GEO and you actually get an Idris GEO). So as long as you avoid unsafe gears (anything with almost no ACC for example),and know what you’re reading, it’s almost perfect.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-09 13:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerison said: »
Cards are free...

Comes with a time cost of a horrible grind during non-campaigns.

I'm being honest when I say this, but most monks can entirely skip the Artifact pieces and be completely fine. The amount of money you spend to upgrade some of these pieces you could use towards an HQ piece of gear or something. The only one I would make a case for would be feet, which is 36 cards (would still take 10-12 full obj clear runs to acquire). The body is totally fine at +1, the head is a Focus swap, the legs are replaceable, and the hands aren't that hot for many things anymore, so you don't need to waste your time anymore.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-09 17:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
The Spreadsheet is an excellent tool for this very reason. The Melee DPS never lines up perfectly but if one thing is giving you a drastically different result from another, that’s clearly a loss.

WS Values are pretty consistent with field results when conditions are replicated (like if you Spreadsheet assuming an Idris GEO and you actually get an Idris GEO). So as long as you avoid unsafe gears (anything with almost no ACC for example),and know what you’re reading, it’s almost perfect.
there are still a lot of things a spreadsheet can't account for or is difficult to do so, unfortunately.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2020-01-09 21:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Just scale down, does not need to be HQ. Looks like you've already done just that
+2 belt > nq belt
+2 neck > +1 neck
Kenda +1 > Kenda > Adhemar +1 > Adhemar > Herculean > Rawhide is the general progression.

As Simon "Ses" (pun), nobody is going to know your circumstances to critique your sets better than you, which is why it's kind of pointless to ask. Nobody knows what you have access to, so they will always give you the highest standard and you can fill in the areas according to your gear progression access.

I see so that is how it scales (this is the type of info I need) ty <3

Aerison said: »
Asura.Kuroganashi said: »
eeternal said: »
This guide has almost bis gear sets and it's a great start

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Monk_Guide

Credit goes to Kusaregedo (i think) for posting it..

Also, a couple of pages Simon did some testing on some gear sets, thats a great start too, credit goes to him as well.

I hope it helps

I understand that, but I don't got BIS due to Gil shortage XD

So was asking if anybody got a suggestions that are "Within" my Reach LOL

IF I did have gil, ofc would get Ken +1 and all BS on Guide.

Mnk neck +2 (70 M) Ken Set gonna be around 150 M , Belt +1 50 M , ETc........ XD

yeah, got limited resources ^^/

Cards are free...

Yup, just finished my SMN Cards, next be MNK ^^ Unless we need my smn ~.....~ *Cough* Ou x3 Sunday ; ;

but yeah, was looking into that set and Relic set +3 as well.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2020-01-09 21:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so just to be clear on this cuz a lot of ppl been putting it.

I read all 310 Pages of this Forum (took me forever but did ><)

Used the "Spreadsheet" from Asura.Chaia

and Guide on BG Wiki as well........

Still had some questions and no Budget to get "BIS" :X

Working on it.

as i said: "Work in Progress" but meanwhile, if any suggestions on what to get be sweet.

I noticed that today doing CP (1st time using Godhands on CP)

I 2 shot mobs (1 skillchain.......)

><

Howling Fist doing 67 K
Victory Smite doing 44 K
Shijin doing betwene 22~37 K
Ascetic doing around 30 K
Raging is pulling 20~33 K
Asuran doing 17~29 K

With AM up, would do 2 WS (1 skillchain) be dead..... >< which kinda surprised me.

Real Test be taking it to Omen / Dyna D and seeing what type of dmg it pulls.

I did noticed however, my normal TP set would get me short of TP for WS..... where Triple ATK one would get me more TP (due to proccing more often)

Idk.

Thank you everyone that Assisted me on this and replied, all your suggestions were great and will try to do them as I can (farming gil still....)

Thx <3
By SimonSes 2020-01-10 04:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kuroganashi said: »
Howling Fist doing 67 K
Victory Smite doing 44 K
Shijin doing betwene 22~37 K
Ascetic doing around 30 K
Raging is pulling 20~33 K
Asuran doing 17~29 K

So you have one of the most wide damage range WSs like Howling Fist, Victory Smite and Ascetic Fury do static damage and you have one of the most stable WSs like Shijin and Asuran having lowest almost twice less than highest. Lol...

Im almost 100% sure those are your highest spikes and probably also at 3000tp. Only Raging Fists numbers looks realistic for not bis gear and without holding tp too much.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-10 07:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

3k+Footwork+Boost Tornado kick likes to tease me..

Sometimes it only throws 45-50k.. and other times it’s 70-90k..
And of course, the WS can sometimes ***the bed just like any other.

Cheeky little *** WS..

Not a meaningful post just open thoughts about how wild the MNK WSs can sometimes be lol
By SimonSes 2020-01-10 07:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

3k+Footwork+Boost Tornado kick likes to tease me..

Sometimes it only throws 45-50k.. and other times it’s 70-90k..
And of course, the WS can sometimes ***the bed just like any other.

Cheeky little *** WS..

Not a meaningful post just open thoughts about how wild the MNK WSs can sometimes be lol

Its simply a result of fTP transfer and low number of hits.

Tornado Kick is 3 hits. If you proc TA and DA, then it will do double damage. It can even very rarely proc QA + TA and do 2.66x more damage than base 3 hits.

Howling Fist is even worse. Its 2hits base, so TA is double damage, 2xTA is triple damage etc.

Victory Smite is 4 hits, so it's a little better, but then it has another randomness of procing crit or not.

Now Ascetic Fury was and still is the worse. Its a 2hits and critical or not, so 2xTA all critical hits can probably do like 4-5 times more damage than 2 non critical hits.
By huttburt<3 2020-01-13 22:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk pwns...

That is all,

Thank you.
By Mrgrim 2020-01-15 15:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine crafted me an Aurgemir Orb +1 earlier. For which WSs would this piece dethrone old faithful knobkerrie. I see it seems good for VS and Shijin so far.
By SimonSes 2020-01-15 16:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
A friend of mine crafted me an Aurgemir Orb +1 earlier. For which WSs would this piece dethrone old faithful knobkerrie. I see it seems good for VS and Shijin so far.
SimonSes said: »
Aurgelmir Orb +1 - New BIS for TP, Raging Fists, Ascetic's Fury, Shijin Spiral, Spinning attack and very marginally for Vsmite and low TP Howling and Tornado.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-01-15 18:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thank you good sir!
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-01-18 17:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a command that'll leave Ask Sash equipped if Boost is active? Trying to figure out how to work this into my lua
 Phoenix.Oyama
Server: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-01-18 18:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This works for me, has yet to fail. These are the basic pieces to make it work, you'll have to figure out how to incorporate it into however your lua is built.

Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-01-18 18:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just have something that will equip Ask Sash for Boost and disable the waist slot, and will unlock the waist slot when either Boost wears off or a WS is performed. My MNK lua is just a modified Bokura lua.

Here's a scrub way of doing it from someone that regularly gets made of for their lua editing:
Code
sets.JA.Boost = {hands="Anchor. Gloves +3",waist="Ask Sash"}
Code
function precast(spell,action)
        if spell.type == "WeaponSkill" then
		enable('waist')
[...]
	if spell.english == "Boost" then
		disable('waist')
	end
Code
function buff_change(buff,gain)
    if buff == "Boost" and not gain then
        enable('waist')
    end
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-01-18 22:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't seem to get either one to work, using this outdated lua I found online. Gave up and just put Ask Sash in my idle set =(
By Homsar 2020-01-19 17:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a list of equippable Slow+% gear for MNK?
By Nariont 2020-01-19 17:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really much of any to choose from,think theres a ring and thats about it less you want sub ilvl gear but more importantly, why?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-19 17:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&jobs[]=4&description=%22slow%22%2B#adv
Only about 12% obtainable
(for more meditate)
By Homsar 2020-01-19 19:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Not really much of any to choose from,think theres a ring and thats about it less you want sub ilvl gear but more importantly, why?

As Eiryl stated, Ask Sash swap set.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-01-19 20:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Couldn't seem to get either one to work, using this outdated lua I found online. Gave up and just put Ask Sash in my idle set =(

This is the Lua I use and I can't get it to equip mnk body while impetus is up anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-01-19 22:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jakarai said: »

This is the Lua I use and I can't get it to equip mnk body while impetus is up anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

I added this:
Code
	function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
    if buffactive.impetus then
        meleeSet= set_combine(meleeSet, {body="Bhikku Cyclas +1"})
    end

return meleeSet
end

and to have Body in for VS when Impetus is up;
Code
	function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
        if buffactive.impetus and (spell.english == "Victory Smite" or spell.english == "Ascetic's Fury") then
            equip(sets.precast.impWS)
        end
    end
end
Code
	sets.precast.impWS   = {
	ammo="Knobkierrie",
    head={ name="Adhemar Bonnet +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
    body="Bhikku Cyclas +1",
    hands={ name="Ryuo Tekko +1", augments={'STR+12','DEX+12','Accuracy+20',}},
    legs="Ken. Hakama +1",
    feet="Ken. Sune-Ate +1",
    neck="Fotia Gorget",
    waist="Moonbow Belt +1",
    left_ear="Sherida Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Gere Ring",
    back={ name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},
	}

Half the ***in that .lua never seemed to work properly, but it was the only one I was able to find at the time.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2020-01-20 06:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

That list is missing Gnadbhod's Helm for another 5%.

I'm macro-ing in that and Sljor, but 7% slow is insufficient to push me to an extra tick, been toying with farming the remaining 9/10% but unsure if its going to be enough to get me an extra tick often enough to justify the space requirement.
 Phoenix.Jakarai
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-01-20 10:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jakarai said: »

I added this:
Code
	function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
    if buffactive.impetus then
        meleeSet= set_combine(meleeSet, {body="Bhikku Cyclas +1"})
    end

return meleeSet
end

and to have Body in for VS when Impetus is up;
Code
	function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
        if buffactive.impetus and (spell.english == "Victory Smite" or spell.english == "Ascetic's Fury") then
            equip(sets.precast.impWS)
        end
    end
end
Code
	sets.precast.impWS   = {
	ammo="Knobkierrie",
    head={ name="Adhemar Bonnet +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
    body="Bhikku Cyclas +1",
    hands={ name="Ryuo Tekko +1", augments={'STR+12','DEX+12','Accuracy+20',}},
    legs="Ken. Hakama +1",
    feet="Ken. Sune-Ate +1",
    neck="Fotia Gorget",
    waist="Moonbow Belt +1",
    left_ear="Sherida Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Gere Ring",
    back={ name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},
	}

Half the ***in that .lua never seemed to work properly, but it was the only one I was able to find at the time.

thanks
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-20 10:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

That list is missing Gnadbhod's Helm for another 5%.

I'm macro-ing in that and Sljor, but 7% slow is insufficient to push me to an extra tick, been toying with farming the remaining 9/10% but unsure if its going to be enough to get me an extra tick often enough to justify the space requirement.

Good catch, Gnadbhod's uses Slow +5% instead of "Slow" +5%

So 17%

Going from 25% haste to 17% slow should at least get 1 tick extra (boost pre buff)
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-01-22 13:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So... since I already had DRG geared before their update, and needed something new to sink my gil into, I figured I'd jump on the MNK bandwagon xD
I don't really tend to post on here, but I've been reading through the last 15-20 pages of this thread and could use some clarification on some stuff. I'm sure all of it has been answered already at some point, but I haven't had much luck picking through all the other stuff in here.

First of all, are the sets in the community monk guide on bg-wiki generally considered the best available? Are relic pants/AF boots really the best tp options, even outside of footwork?

Second, assuming a zerg scenario, which WS are the strongest when the different JAs are up and ideally at which effective TP values? Smite at 1k tp with impetus up I assume, TK with footwork? HF otherwise?

Is /war always the SJ of choice from a pure DD perspective? 10DA doesn't really seem all that strong given the amount of TA MNK has access to. I guess if you use Berserk to atk cap for some stuff, but I always found it risky in situations where you actually need it.

Lastly, are there any particularly strong multisteop SC options? I assume this is also going to depend on JA availability. I don't mind playing around with this for myself, but if there are clear-cut best choices it'd be nice to know. For CP I've just been doing shijin > smite > smite and that's plenty to kill ra'kaznar bats :P

Thanks for any and all answers and sorry if this turned out a bit heavy on the questions :P
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-01-22 14:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asuran --> raging fist ---> vs --->vs is what i do

Other questions have been answered on this thread already...
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-01-22 15:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Other questions have been answered on this thread already...

Why even bother replying with this. It takes 30 seconds to answer these questions (which I just did for him in discord)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Khimeria
Server: Odin
user: khimeria
By Odin.Khimeria 2020-01-22 15:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you drop your answers in here as well please Friedrik I'd be curious to hear them (or via DM please if you don't want to put them in this channel).

Edited for terrible English!
First Page 2 3 ... 309 310 311 ... 363 364 365