Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-11-20 07:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
sets.precast.WS['Cataclysm'] = {ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head=gear.MABHead,neck="Baetyl Pendant",ear1="Friomisi Earring",ear2="Moonshade Earring",
body="Samnuha Coat",hands="Leyline Gloves",ring1="Archon Ring",ring2="Shiva Ring +1",
back=gear.MABCape,waist="Eschan Stone",legs=gear.MABLegs,feet=gear.MABFeet}

gear.MABHead = {name="Herculean Helm", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+26','Pet: "Dbl.Atk."+1 Pet: Crit.hit rate +1','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}}
gear.MABLegs = {name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+17 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+17','AGI+6','Mag. Acc.+8','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}}
gear.MABFeet = {name="Herculean Boots", augments={'STR+6','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','Weapon skill damage +1%','Mag. Acc.+17 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+17',}}
gear.MABCape = {name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'INT+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','INT+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}

This is my okayish set.

thanks Hiep!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 07:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Since we’re on the topic sorta. Buuki you do *** of omen bosses as MNK what setups do you use?

I haven't done Omen on Monk in a very long time, since I'm capped on cards and have lost interest in the body craze. But when I was doing it, it was a fairly simple setup: Support x2 (any geo, brd, cor), whm, nin, mnk, --anything else--. Monk was enough dps back before Malignance came out to be the sole DD and the fights were very simple since low tp feed.

You could probably bring less support now and have trust healers if you wanted a true lowman group, assuming you have the right builds for it. None of those bosses are even mildly threatening anymore, and the only one you would have to plan ahead for would be Kin/Kei.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 07:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Shiva.Hiep said: »
sets.precast.WS['Cataclysm'] = {ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head=gear.MABHead,neck="Baetyl Pendant",ear1="Friomisi Earring",ear2="Moonshade Earring",
body="Samnuha Coat",hands="Leyline Gloves",ring1="Archon Ring",ring2="Shiva Ring +1",
back=gear.MABCape,waist="Eschan Stone",legs=gear.MABLegs,feet=gear.MABFeet}

gear.MABHead = {name="Herculean Helm", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+26','Pet: "Dbl.Atk."+1 Pet: Crit.hit rate +1','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}}
gear.MABLegs = {name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+17 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+17','AGI+6','Mag. Acc.+8','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}}
gear.MABFeet = {name="Herculean Boots", augments={'STR+6','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','Weapon skill damage +1%','Mag. Acc.+17 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+17',}}
gear.MABCape = {name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'INT+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','INT+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}

This is my okayish set.

thanks Hiep!

Pixie Hairpin +1 is the appropriate Cataclysm swap as well. Orpheus's sash if you have it, using Reikikon/Xoanon + Alber Strap as weapon/sub
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-11-20 08:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you sir
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-11-20 08:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
One way to "fix" it would be to increase the drop rate. Make so shards/voids can drop from any monster, not just those of the specific job, slightly raise the drop rate, especially on the red eyes.
Or, I dunno, what else they could do. But considering the event is 2+ years old, I'd be more than fine with that.

They don't actually need to touch drop rates or entry times to improve accessibility. Instead, they could adjust or expand on the unlock system.
For instance, make entry and wave 1 clear unlock that slot for reforge on all jobs. However, reduce the material cost for jobs that you've actually been on for it, whether for the reforge itself and/or for medals needed if acquiring shards/voids that way. Further reduce it with wave 2 win on that job. Maybe add additional perks for wave 3, like doubling augment points rewarded or offering Volte for medals.

Omen could be similarly improved. Boss RoE changed to weekly or allowing scale conversion once you've gotten the titles. 3:1 card conversion with Ou title. That sort of thing.

DirectX said: »
MNK WHM BRD GEO can do Gin easily and probably Kin too, maybe add a THF for hate exchange on Kin and COR and RDM if you have more people.

Kin is pretty simple with just MNK BRD GEO tribox and trusts. While it should be survivable even if 11th Dimension goes off, I've yet to see it used, as AAEV has been able to shift hate, even if it means DD off for a little.

Got a Dagon on first attempt with that setup, though I was after grips and cards more.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 09:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Those are the main perks of soloing every month not only this. Also main reason not to do Omen in groups which is sad.

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
And yes this. But not just "this month" - always. My RMEA aren't gonna R15 themselves, so I prefer have preferred Omen by myself to hoard all the drops for some time. I don't do a lot of bosses these days, so the majority of my canteens go to farming.

My response was to the guy asking about doing a multistep on Monk, which would imply he's doing it for an Omen group.

You guys missed my point: it is worth soloing Omen cards on Monk because its active campaign time. You will get significantly less swarts vs going as THF, so your runs are less productive in the long run for the same effort. Getting 8-10 cards/run on Monk (solo) during a campaign is much more efficient than soloing Omen cards on Monk when the campaign is not active (3-4)

So you (1) get scaled down objectives and get to (2) keep all of your swarts, vs going in a group during campaigns and having to deal with possible failed objectives and not getting swarts. Going Monk to Omen during a non-campaign time will net you 3-4 cards, it's hardly worth it and you'll lose millions in the process doing it that way. That is why I specified it was a perk soloing this month vs others on Monk.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-20 09:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
One way to "fix" it would be to increase the drop rate. Make so shards/voids can drop from any monster, not just those of the specific job, slightly raise the drop rate, especially on the red eyes.
Or, I dunno, what else they could do. But considering the event is 2+ years old, I'd be more than fine with that.

They don't actually need to touch drop rates or entry times to improve accessibility. Instead, they could adjust or expand on the unlock system.
For instance, make entry and wave 1 clear unlock that slot for reforge on all jobs. However, reduce the material cost for jobs that you've actually been on for it, whether for the reforge itself and/or for medals needed if acquiring shards/voids that way. Further reduce it with wave 2 win on that job. Maybe add additional perks for wave 3, like doubling augment points rewarded or offering Volte for medals.

Omen could be similarly improved. Boss RoE changed to weekly or allowing scale conversion once you've gotten the titles. 3:1 card conversion with Ou title. That sort of thing.

DirectX said: »
MNK WHM BRD GEO can do Gin easily and probably Kin too, maybe add a THF for hate exchange on Kin and COR and RDM if you have more people.

Kin is pretty simple with just MNK BRD GEO tribox and trusts. While it should be survivable even if 11th Dimension goes off, I've yet to see it used, as AAEV has been able to shift hate, even if it means DD off for a little.

Got a Dagon on first attempt with that setup, though I was after grips and cards more.

Very good to know, thanks for that. I’m pretty much done with Kin except for the body which is honestly obsolete but I do still need scales. So I’ll bring my box-group out to it and do some runs after the campaign ends.

The biggest one I need is Kei. I’ll do some RnD on it later because all of my alts are +150 cards but can’t progress without scales and no ones doing Kei anymore on Asura. I also want to Min/Max RDM so I’ll need lots of Kei soon.

Thanks for the information though
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 10:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get around eleventh dimension use. Go MNK/DRG and make use of High Jump. Trust tank should be able to keep hate, and you'll get 7% WSD, which is helpful. Or you could use a small -Enmity set in your WS so you don't generate as much spike hate. Something simplie like Novia Earring + Kuchekula Ring should be enough without sacrificing too much dps. AAEV won't hit nearly enough to interrupt your SCs or feed a lot of TP due to acc, so she's an ideal tank for keeping Kin's TP low, and her additional heals are helpful.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-11-20 10:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

AAEV, Yoran, and Koru, though Koru seemed to like getting killed in the final stretch prior to trust campaign.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-20 14:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Divergence is the exception here. Well and I guess partially Omen too honestly.
Lack of new content is of course to blame, but I'm afraid there might be other culprits too.

Honestly, at least by going back and adding Detritus drops, they did make some effort to provide more incentive to do Omen. Gave the content a little more life for people farming to sell detritus for gil or for personal use, and at the same time it encourages people to go back and work on cards for AF+2/+3 pieces they never finished. Kind of a clever way to squeeze some more life out of that content, even for people who got all the boss drops they care about.

I'm kinda digging my current solo gameplay loop of fight Lilith -> refill merits while farming Omen for cards/detritus. Only thing is, I'm now getting cards for AF I never finished and scales are becoming a bit of a bottleneck (and it's hard to get people motivated to come do Omen boss runs with you, especially considering some people want to hoard their canteens for solo detritus farming)

On that note, one thing I wouldn't mind would be a way to do a more limited boss fight solely for scales for AF+3 upgrades - maybe just a couple trash floors then the option to go directly to a "scales only" version of the boss (no KI, no other drops) to make it easier to lowman stuff for the upgrade item. Kinda like they did Vagary boss-only option for clears, pick-your-enemy Sinister Reign, etc.

Like Yandaime noted, even on Asura you run into things like nobody wanting to do Kei any more. It's cool that people can figure out ways around that with solo strats (for very good and well geared players), but more accessibility for more people would be even cooler.

SimonSes said: »
Dynamis-D is still the newest big content. If you want to crash prices here then why not do it for mythics, relics etc? Why not reduce the amount of gils you need to pump for 10-15 years content? Why not add 10 HMP and 1 rift drop to every voidwatch, make Salvage drop 100x more Alex and Dynamis 10x more coins? Idk maybe because that would crash market and let people cap on REMA in month leaving you nothing to progress on? If you dont do it with REMA weapons, then why would you do it with armor?

What are you talking about, they already did "crash" RMEA prices by making relic/mythic/empy items WAY more available via Ambuscade, in addition to the Rhapsodies KIs eliminating cooldowns on Salvage, VW, etc.

Guess what, people are still making RMEAs. In fact, the increased accessibility of those weapons probably gives the game MORE life in that people now have all of these shiny weapons that they want to upgrade further with plutons/beits/boulders and detritus.

I don't buy your premise that people will run out of things to do if there is more availability of the shards/voids that are sometimes hard to buy due to low availability, or if the cost of making a pair of BLU+3 legs changed from ~50 million to ~20 million. If anything, maybe that provides more motivation for people to jump in and try to make more upgraded relic gear for completion's sake, or for niche/min-max pieces... which also helps create a more vibrant market for things like the Delve/Vagary items needed for upgrades (which also keeps that older content more relevant since you can still farm it for items that will sell well).

Easing up on the relic shard/void/medal gilsink bottleneck also gives players who aren't buying or botting their gil more ability to use their money for other things. +2 necks, Su armor and weapons, making additional RMEAs, etc. This isn't a bad thing, and it's a better way of making an more active economy than the semi-stagnant current state of relatively low sales of a few very high priced items, supply issues on many servers, and barriers that turn people off from even seeking to make these items.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 14:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is a monk thread but

I think SE could stand to do more QOL updates for acquiring materials, like Omen scales, dynamis shards, etc. Something like the Vagary weekly ROE where you could earn a shard/void based on the job you enter Dynamis in, and you get one piece for clearing the Midboss and Wave2 boss, respectively. It wouldn't be a whole lot, but it would give people a smaller alternative to paying outrageous prices for items they need for upgrading armor. You could do it weekly so that over time, you can farm your own items rather than buying. I don't think it would kill prices any more than Vagary mats, as people will always need them and be buying them regularly.

Something like an exchange system would be just as welcome, similar to the medals ==> shards/void conversion. I have so many useless shards/voids on mule that I can't sell if I wanted to. I have a couple dozen Fu's Scales, but now I need Kei scales and I have no choice but to eat up a canteen for it. If there was a weekly repeatable Boss ROE, that would be great.

The problem with having so many of these campaigns is that it forces people to not buy shards/voids/medals during that timeframe (and by extension, boss runs are scarce so less scales), and then you have an oversupply of mats, and a subsequent price crash with everyone trying to sell at once. If it were cheaper to obtain some of these shards, the price would actually even out more so than plummet, because it would have a steady supply of buyers and sellers. SE is not doing the economy any favors by making the shards as rare as they are. It would be better if it was more in-supply actually.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-20 14:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Giving away one free shard for the job/slot you are on, everytime you entered would make all shards free. (which isn't a bad thing, there are more than enough sellables in dynamis and relic shouldn't be sellable anyway) Just want to make sure you know that.

Conversion of shard:shard is acceptable too, again it takes 500 ninja shards to equal one "valuable" shard.

People would be doing enter/exit on 17 alts every 3 days.

Not really sure how this is monk thread though

There really needs to be more things that have to be earned and less things that "can" be sold. The only thing you can't (reasonably) sell is SR and incursion (some trials of the magian*)in the whole damn game ((and you can definitely try to sell those two things as well))
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 15:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shards would not be free at all, they would just even out at a reasonable and affordable price and stay there. See vagary mats (those are repeatable weekly, have multiple uses, and still hold value). I also said it would need to be earned via killing Midboss/Wave2 Boss, which can't be done by 17 alts. Of course, people would just charge more for a wave clear, but that's an external side effect of it.

Again, having a large supply of items does not make them worthless, because it still requires the players to complete the task to earn the reward. If that was the case, then REMA mats would be free due to HTBF/Ambu and their native events dropping them (Beit prices keep rising, Swarts/Heroism havent moved in a year). Having a steady supply keeps it at a reasonable price and it is more obtainable for everybody, vs just the people who have cash to burn.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-20 15:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a large difference between 10,000 beit and 5 shards.

If they could generate 18 shards daily, they'd be worthless, absolutely. Just like if they could generate 180,000 beit daily, they'd be worthless.

and, there are jobs that can easily kill midboss solo (or with 17 alts being cors/geos/bards/whms etc) and they can just clip to the mid boss, without clearing any statues in the way.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 16:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I said weekly ROE rewarding 1 shard 1 void. Not daily. Doing an enter/exit method is a loss to RP, gil, volte also.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-20 16:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I said weekly ROE rewarding 1 shard 1 void. Not daily. Doing an enter/exit method is a loss to RP, gil, volte also.

It's not limited to one guy. or one account. one guy could go 200 times a day, with 3600 characters.

and don't say "no one would do that"

There are multiple people right now with 18 accounts. All my accounts have no access to dynamis, it's annoying and I don't feel like it. but if you give me shards for every entrance (kill midboss), guaranteed. I'll start doing it, immediately. (until it becomes easier to just buy them, because they will quickly become worthless)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 16:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That all sounds good, but it hasn’t been the case with vagary and that roe has been out for some time now. The pieces are used for relic just the same, but it continues to maintain a steady supply and value.

Anyways not derailing this any further. Back to ipunch
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-20 16:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Vagary prices don't go down because shields burn hundreds of them a day. No such luck for shards.

Craftables =/= Non-Craftables

and vagary is a bigger pain in the *** than dynamis. Pop conditions. Pop Items. Dynamis you just clip to the boss and afk while it dies.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-11-20 18:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Have anyone noticed how it is much harder to hit 30k Omen objective solo on Mnk? This used to be very easy with Boost+Kick Attack and 3000% TP Tornado Kick but now it's sort of just fizzle out at 25k~27k
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-20 19:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

howling fist at 3k usually clears that for me
By Ruaumoko 2019-11-21 03:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Have anyone noticed how it is much harder to hit 30k Omen objective solo on Mnk? This used to be very easy with Boost+Kick Attack and 3000% TP Tornado Kick but now it's sort of just fizzle out at 25k~27k
You can do Ascetic's Fury to Victory Smite and get it easily, the Skillchain damage counts towards the 30k so even if your Smite hits for 20k but the Light does 20k as well you'll still get the objective.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-21 07:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with monk is their white damage is so high, it can unintentionally kill the transcended before the 30k objective is completed (virtual damage beyond the monsters hp does not count towards the objective). Another way to hit the objective is to use ayame to open up a skillchain for you. You can close off of a weak ws of hers. Don't forget to use Shell crusher if you need the extra dps
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-21 08:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with monk is their white damage is so high, it can unintentionally kill the transcended before the 30k objective is completed (virtual damage beyond the monsters hp does not count towards the objective). Another way to hit the objective is to use ayame to open up a skillchain for you. You can close off of a weak ws of hers. Don't forget to use Shell crusher if you need the extra dps

This. MNK is hits like it’s dual-wielding 2-H weapons. Especially if you have a higher weapon like Verathragna. With Impetus up.

I’ve been pulling the Transcended and aggroing one or two Sweetwaters at the same time. I’ll TP on the Sweetwaters and only switch to the Tran when at 3000 TP. Like another Nickeny said, 3k Howling’s attack boost should be more than enough to clear the 30k.

Edit: R15 Verath are 253 DMG with capped merits. That’s pretty substantial to be lugging around like Slower Swords lol
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-11-21 20:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can a well geared pup tank hold hate off a well geared mnk?
What can hold hate well over mnk and is still effective for low man content?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-21 20:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »

I mean, monk IS the tank in a low man event... It's too open of a question. Anything can be the tank depending on the thing you're fighting.

But no, an automaton will not hold hate against a monk, unless the monk holds back/turns/enemy has hate resets
By SimonSes 2019-11-21 23:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
MNK is hits like it’s dual-wielding 2-H weapons. Especially if you have a higher weapon like Verathragna. With Impetus up.

280 delay 260dmg. More like something between 1h and 2h :)
By Ruaumoko 2019-11-21 23:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
No chance sadly.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-22 01:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There’s a possibility that pup can tank off a monk but it would require planning. Could try both of these methods below to reduce the monk’s enmity over time.

Go MNK/DRG and make use of High Jump...Or you could use a small -Enmity set in your WS so you don't generate as much spike hate. Something simplie like Novia Earring + Kuchekula Ring should be enough without sacrificing too much dps.

I know it’s not a popular thing here to recommend dps loss, but this game is about minmaxing and options. This is an enmity-42 set, which is the max set I would recommend to not seriously hurt your dps further (you can cap it of course but you would likely use the neck and ring slot but that’s a huge part of your white damage).

ItemSet 369806

You can also consider capping your enmity down merits to further take advantage of this stat, if you’re hell bent on using a puppet with a monk. Of course if you have a bard also, they can dedicate one of the songs to enmity down for you as well. Again it’s possible, it just depends on how much you care to plan for it.

The real question is, why would you want to pair a monk and robot together? What are you fighting lowman that would use that kind of a setup? Because, as mentioned, monk can easily tank it with the right support depending on the monster. The robot will feed extra tp to the monster always, not sure you’d be getting the full benefit of monk lowman that way.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-22 02:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You are greatly overestimating the impact of -enmity gear and of High Jump, which has 2 long minutes of cooldown.
You're also underestimating the amount of enmity generated by the damage done by MNK, especially during Impetus lol.

No chance for PUP to hold hate from any DD.
Christ, even a proper tank would have issues holding up from real DDs going all out if the fight lasts long enough.
Only chance of PUP tanking properly against a DD who's not holding out would be, I dunno, against THF if TA works on the automaton? I dunno about that.

Oh and NIN/DRG, with Innin, Yain and High Jump now I could see that working out (paired with the fact that NIN's damage output is nowhere close to a MNK's)
First Page 2 3 ... 301 302 303 ... 363 364 365