Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-17 14:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Fairy.Khory said: »
su5 price is probably very close to a REMA though....
Only if being half as expensive or less is "very close".

It's about an average of 180m to build AG Veres on most servers, while Sagittas are going for 150-170m. Sooo, yeah, he was right.

Also not counting the fact that someone with limited play time probably doesn't run a weekly Dyna group to rank their SU5 either, so gotta pay for Heroism Crystals too.
AG isn't a completed REMA anymore. R15 tacks on another ~120m.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-17 14:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sagitta can be had for ~140m, heroism crystals for ~70m, so it costs about 210m and 5 minutes of your time.

Vereth is 91m of hmp, 42m of riftcinder, 58m of riftborn boulders, 130m of detritus, and 50m for clear(if you need that), so 321 or 371m. It also takes about 22 hours nm camping, 7 hours vnming, and best case scenario another 12 hours of abyssea, so throw in 41 hours of play.

If you make around a mil an hour and have to buy the emp clear, it's potentially twice as much. Realistically, it's less.

That said, I made Sagitta and augmented them for my MNKs. I know Vereth is better, but I also know I'm unlikely to make the 41 hours of free time to make them(really, moree, since each mnk would need the abyssea stage). I don't regret my decision, I have a functional weapon with some nice side benefits(DT and HP).

If you plan on eventually making Verethragna, I would agree that it's rather foolish to go for Su5 now. But, if you want to have a functional MNK and don't feel you'll make Verethragna, Sagitta is a solid option that will cost you less gil and no time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-17 14:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's easy to piss away 200m when you make that (more) everyday.

Tougher sell for anyone else. Wouldn't even consider su5 as a normal player.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-17 14:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a valid point, for sure. But, using shields or buying gil makes the time farming gil largely irrelevant. If you bot your gil through gain exp, as many people do, it's also pretty irrelevant. Maybe you've been saving up during this content drought and you don't have as much playtime, but still want to play MNK.

I'm just saying, there's no reason to feel ashamed of buying Sagitta if you have more gil than time for any reason. It's a perfectly viable option that will get you up and running instantly.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-17 15:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if you're gonna buy it just spend $20 more and get the vere merced really no reasonable explanation for anyone to get a sagitta. Short of to lazy to rema. Which is valid.

You can fully buy karambit for 45m or run godhands r0 for 100m or su4 for like 9?

If you could sell su5 back, absolutely. But the damn augments.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-10-17 15:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a current bis chakra set, pdt mdt?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-17 15:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic Legs don't do anything for kick ws stick with hiza

And ryuo feet for smite unless those herc are bananas

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-17 15:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ken body and legs for victory and ascetic now. Also no more begrudging. Replace it with Gere.

I think Gere replaces Regal in almost everything now?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-17 16:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

While that is technically correct (the best kind of correct, shout outs) there is no reason they should cost what they do and it's a straight miracle that the price stays up. They should've crashed under 50m (due to uselessness, not difficulty/luck to craft) it would be a big risk to try to "rent" them.

And without the aug, the only difference between su4 and su5 is... 1 base damage.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-17 16:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't bother making a "BIS" chakra set because most ilvl gear is pretty high for VIT. You really only need the hands and body to remove those status ailments, as one Chakra will usually give you a full cure regardless of your VIT set (except for Inner Strength HP, but that will cure you full anyways). Carrying extra gear that you are only using for Chakra is kind of a waste. The cape being the exception, if you are using it for VIT mod ws

Here's what I use. I left the other slots blank because they don't matter. Genmei Kabuto, however, does have unusually high VIT so why not. The neck and earrings I use in my enmity/High HP sets, and the rings I always carry. Beyond that, wont make much of a difference.

ItemSet 369147

As far as a BIS DT set, I don't really think there is one as it will vary based on your needs. There are great pieces that offer some valuable stats, but you should play around with sets and make your own. For instance, ashera harness has less DT, STP, and meva than malignance tabard, but has insane hp and great attack. Genmei Kabuto is in the same boat, so if something you're fighting is physical, you may opt for those over malignance to really push your hp higher. Malignance set has really low hp in comparison, so that might be something you care about (I like hitting 4000+ in mantra but it's not that important). In general, you can probably just be lazy about it and go 5/5, moon belt, cape, defending and fill the rest in.
[+]
By oyama 2019-10-17 17:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not so sure WSD is the way to go for Howling or Tornado Kick any more. Much as they seem like one-hitters, they both now replicate ftp with fairly modest base values for a low-hit ws, but fairly high values for a multi-hit ws. It's not like Upheaval where the first hit gets a big boost and subsequent hits are only 1.0 ftp, so it makes sense to boost the first hit as much as possible and just get MA wherever else you can. It might not make sense to stack WSD on ~5 ftp when you can proc additional ~5 ftp hits. Granted the damage will vary more but I bet it performs significantly better on average. Mnk can get a lot of MA in a HF WS set without really sacrificing anything. I could see stacking WSD for TK during footwork because of the massive kick damage boost where getting more consistency with WSD might be nice. Thoughts?
By Nariont 2019-10-17 17:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Think best results would be stacking TA/acc/atk so on aside from the +10 WSD pieces when using high ftp WS like 3k TP HF/TK/RF
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-17 17:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I REALLY hate this question/topic.

Spreadsheet is ALWAYS going to say "stack the *** out of multi attack"
WSD+10% head would lose to Kend+1 if it had 1 more TA
By Nariont 2019-10-17 17:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i get the multi but how does crit play in exactly?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-17 17:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Changed it, for some reason I thought howling had chance to crit in it, oops

It's backhand blow that crits
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-17 18:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I still stack WSDMG with dragon kick. What else is there?
By Nariont 2019-10-17 18:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

TA has more "value" since its all replicated fTP, though on the subject of dragon kick is it 2 or 3 hits? Or somehow only 1?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-10-17 18:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Nariont 2019-10-17 19:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what i figured but tornado being 3 hits threw me off

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2019-10-17 19:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

would fotia not also win in the belt slot for asuran? TA does nothing and its a 20~ish STR/VIT mod so idk if thatll overtake the ftp bonus belt gives
By elliondrk 2019-10-17 19:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What path for Ryuo Tekko +1? I originally had it at path A since my gear wasn't as good initially, but now that I've improved quite a bit since then, I'm leaning Path D.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-17 19:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

A hands
D feet

....but now that fTP replicates (still A)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-17 21:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
TA has more "value" since its all replicated fTP, though on the subject of dragon kick is it 2 or 3 hits? Or somehow only 1?

I figured since Dragonkick is 8 hits, the only way to get more damage out of it besides wsdmg is pure attributes/+ftp?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-17 21:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not 8 hits, no idea why it still says that
First Page 2 3 ... 282 283 284 ... 363 364 365