iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 258 259 260 ... 363 364 365
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-05 16:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK has always been a stable DD with a unique niche. It underwent a period where it had far too much damage, and was scaled back.

As I said prior to the odin bc, and as I'll say after, mnk's strength is in limiting tp moves. That means for fights like Odin, Kin, Cait Sith, potential future fights, it is excellent. If you don't care about TP, it's not that hot a choice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 16:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the player. If you were a lolmnk before you're just a lolmnk with more accuracy.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Mrgrim 2019-08-05 23:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Are the upgrades to Mnk gear helping it become a stable DD again, or is it still lolmnk?

MNK can be a respectable DD, on perfect situations other jobs like DRK will outDD but on monsters that have super annoying TP moves like stuns and amnesia, a mnk can pull ahead due to SU3+1's considerable meva. Also subtle blow makes fights a breeze. I've killed every omen boss with my 4man crew and it's so manageable due to the monsters not doing TP moves often. Another good example is VD Odin where I found out about subtle blow and posted it in the thread. It would take me 1-2 mins killing him with 4-5steps.

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
By eeternal 2019-09-11 18:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question...

Is Malignance Pole bis for cataclysm? 15% WSD is quite significant
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-11 18:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's basically the same thing as an exalted staff, and the answer was no for that, so

Exalted staff +1 has WSD 18% too
By eeternal 2019-09-11 18:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree looking at Xoanon, the magic attack bonus is neat.. thanks
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-09-18 00:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a feeling shouldn't ask, butI will anyways. Glanz still well below vere and godhands? All that new storetp gear doesn't improve it much?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-18 01:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a test performed by SimonSes (I think it was on the spreadsheet though, not a simulation and not a parse so take it as a grain of salt) that Showed Glanz being inferior but not THAT much inferior as we all thought.

It had actually a couple of niches were it was performing decently.

If you have the patience to scroll several pages before I'm sure you'll find all the details.

Not sure if those tests were performed before the 99% acc patch or after though, think they were done before.
By SimonSes 2019-09-18 02:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It was definitely after accuracy update.

I dont think Glanz full offensive situation is any better with Malignance, because I don't think any piece from this set can actually go into max TP set beside maybe legs? Now Malignance might improve Glanz performance in Hybrid set, but I have a really hard time figuring out what pieces I should use in hybrid set now between Malignance and Kenda :O
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-09-18 05:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-18 06:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a max accuracy set which reaches like 1350-1400 acc without food?

I was trying to solo gin and even my max acc set was barely breaking 1400 with food, not sure how to improve so looking for any help ty.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-18 06:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

First you could post the set you were using, that's the best starting point for your request I'd say.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-18 07:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry was on mobile earlier while PC was doing updates couldn't figure out how to add an itemset on mobile.
This is what I was using for my max acc set:

ItemSet 368625
Edit: Adhemar wristbands were path A.
Cape was Dex +30 and Acc
By SimonSes 2019-09-18 07:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This set is ~1350 accuracy with R15 Veret:

ItemSet 368624

It also provides good meva for fight with Gin (Meva is OP against Omen bosses, they can barely touch you)

Now keep in mind you still want to use Bhikku +1 body for Impetus. This body drops your accuracy a lot, but it provides +2 accuracy per Impetus stack, so potentially up to +100 accuracy. Just use Focus at start of Impetus to counter lack of stacks and initial accuracy drop.

EDIT: with Sagitta it's around 1385 accuracy, so if that's too much, you can probably start droping it by replacing rings to Niqmaddu and Gere and one earring to Sherida.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-18 07:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
This set is ~1350 accuracy with R15 Veret:

ItemSet 368624

It also provides good meva for fight with Gin (Meva is OP against Omen bosses, they can barely touch you)

Now keep in mind you still want to use Bhikku +1 body for Impetus. This body drops your accuracy a lot, but it provides +2 accuracy per Impetus stack, so potentially up to +100 accuracy. Just use Focus at start of Impetus to counter lack of stacks and initial accuracy drop.

Thanks, will work towards that, was no +1 kendatsuba set in AH when I bought my body so couldn't finish the set off.

And yeah, with Impetus up with Empy body, I saved Aggressor + Focus to try ensure I get max acc I could possibly get, with Joachim's lolmadrigals, I was getting around 1450 in my set.
By SimonSes 2019-09-18 07:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Malignance is also not much behind most Kendatsuba pieces if you need even more meva and DT.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-18 07:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the NQ JSE neck or Moonbeam Nodowa work? I don't/can't play as much as I used to so I don't think I can R25 the +2.

Edit: I've not done much Lilith at all, just some soloing on E, however, 30-40 page queues whenever I've tried to go is too long for me to spam.
By SimonSes 2019-09-18 07:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Would the NQ JSE neck or Moonbeam Nodowa work? I don't/can't play as much as I used to so I don't think I can R25 the +2.

Edit: I've not done much Lilith at all, just some soloing on E, however, 30-40 page queues whenever I've tried to go is too long for me to spam.

I cant answer you really. You are the one trying to solo Gin, so you know better how much accuracy you need and how much you can lose from the set above to still have enough :)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-19 02:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the NQ JSE neck or Moonbeam Nodowa work?
Moonbeam can work I guess, not sure I'd bother with NQ neck. At that point get at least the +1.
MNK neck is nice but not one fo the best JSE necks around, it is indeed a source of a lot of Acc because of the base value + the mods (DEX and lolMND).

Concering your set:
1) Kenda+1 body is nice but keep in mind ~66% of your time you will HAVE to use Emp+1 body, which doesn't really have a lot of acc.

2) Get at least one Mache+1 earring. Can combine it with Telos for a small bump of acc (could get 2x earrings but Mache+1 is not really a huge jump over Telos)

3) Your rings provide okaysh acc from the DEX>Acc conversion. Chirich+1 would be better but it's not really a huge jump and NQ isn't worth it if you ask me.

4) Swap Ginsen for Falcon Eye, that's ~10 increased acc

5) Gear-wise I'd go for Kenda+1 head, that's 20 acc more than your current option. Hands I'd stay with Adhemar+1 (it's actually ~6 more acc than Kenda+1), legs-wise Mummu+2 and Kenda+1 have the same. Granted the latter has way more meva and DPS and the former have 5% DT. For the feet slot Kenda+1 has ~11 more acc than Mummu+2. Basically changing Head and Feet would provide a ~31 acc increase (and a small bump in DPS too!)

Basically swapping 1 earring, ammo, head and feet that's ~52 more acc already, I feel that's probably all you need.

Can get small additional chunks of acc in other slots but I don't feel it's worth it:
1) ~3 more acc in the waist slot going for HQ
2) ~3 more acc in the back slot swapping DEX+10 for Acc+10
3) ~5 more acc swapping the 2 rings for 2x Chirich+1

See what I mean? I wouldn't bother.
Only other slot that's worth swapping is neck. Going from NQ Nodowa to JSE+1 would be a ~15 acc increase.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-19 02:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to factor the Malignance set.
It gives a lot of macc, DT, STP and Meva.
It's a valid alternative to Kendatsuba (and it's free!) but if we're looking purely at Accuracy it's a bit behind Kenda+1.

OT since I'm a bit naive but out of curiosity how do you exactely "solo" the Gin path?
Personally I'm not really worried about Gin, more worried about how you handle the floor 3 miniboss.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-19 05:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
It's a valid alternative to Kendatsuba (and it's free!) but if we're looking purely at Accuracy it's a bit behind Kenda+1.

OT since I'm a bit naive but out of curiosity how do you exactely "solo" the Gin path?
Personally I'm not really worried about Gin, more worried about how you handle the floor 3 miniboss.

Surprisingly the midboss is very easy compared to Gin hinself, Gorger and Thinker are no issue, however Craver is a ***. I actually recorded my Craver kill on monk I was debating uploading cos it was so messy. I'll upload the messy Craver video and show what Craver is like lmao. All goes smooth until trusts die then it relies on your preparedness.

And i actually find Gin harder to kill on Monk than RUN or RDM. I had 36 minutes to kill gin and I died because of break spam. Gin spammed break, Yoran and joschim never removed it once so i eventually lost hate and trusts died then i eventually died at 40%
You can imagine how pissed off i was after going through Craver midboss the same run.

And I'm only farming Gin so i get my own Ashera Harness. Normally I'd just go RUN, but it's getting a bit boring, so learning how to do it on Monk. I've been after this body for so long it's absolute ***. Aman is never fun i always die 1st chest. And I'm always afk the 1 time someone sells it so i never buy it.
By SimonSes 2019-09-19 05:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Kenda+1 body is nice but keep in mind ~66% of your time you will HAVE to use Emp+1 body, which doesn't really have a lot of acc.

Like I wrote, it's only a temporary lost in accuracy when you are low on Impetus stacks. With more Impetus stacks, it's the highest accuracy piece in game.

2) Get at least one Mache+1 earring. Can combine it with Telos for a small bump of acc (could get 2x earrings but Mache+1 is not really a huge jump over Telos)
3) ~5 more acc swapping the 2 rings for 2x Chirich+1

This might be small accuracy increase but if he needs it to cap 99% accuracy, then it will always be a huge gain, especially during Impetus, because not loosing your stack during Impetus is just super important.

5) Gear-wise I'd go for Kenda+1 head, that's 20 acc more than your current option. Hands I'd stay with Adhemar+1 (it's actually ~6 more acc than Kenda+1), legs-wise Mummu+2 and Kenda+1 have the same. Granted the latter has way more meva and DPS and the former have 5% DT. For the feet slot Kenda+1 has ~11 more acc than Mummu+2. Basically changing Head and Feet would provide a ~31 acc increase (and a small bump in DPS too!)

Kenda+1 hands has more accuracy than Adhemar +1. Adhemar is 52accuracy and 56dex, Kenda+1 is 49acc and 62dex. So Kenda has 1-2acc more. Kenda legs might be the same (it's actually 1accuracy more I think but yeah, not much) but again, swapping to Kenda+1 on legs and hands is not only accuracy, but tons of meva and meva is just amazing for Gin. I tanked Gin in 4/5 Turms+1 on both thf and dnc and 4/5 Kenda MNK and I was resisting everything (Bio, Curse, Paralyze from his TP moves can gtfo and Interference does like 300 damage, it's a joke) to the point I could go afk make a tea and come back alive. Relic +3 also has same accuracy and are actually a DPS gain over Kenda+1 when attack is uncapped like here, but also lacks meva.

MNK neck is nice but not one fo the best JSE necks around

I hope you joking or not talking about +2?

MNK neck is fantastic. Even without PDL it's a DPS gain over Moonlight Nodowa. With enough attack to use PDL it's a giant DPS gain. I think you underestimate Kick damage and Kick rate on this neck (for both white damage and tp gain). I think you also underestimate it's accuracy. I use it even for uncapped attack for Victory smite, because Victory smite actually has kinda low accuracy when you go for max damage set and you can't really afford loosing Impetus stacks. Also there is not much good necks for Vsmite anyway and DEX can also help with dDEX. DEX is also main modifier for Shijin and secondary for Raging Fists and you will use both for self skillchaining. Kick damage also works for Tornado Kick during Footwork and it's a huge deal then, because its equivalent of having like +30 STR for this WS.

Monk's Nodowa +2 is actually one of the best JSE necks out there. Especially during capped attack.

I put Malignance into sheet and even for uncapped attack it's barely and DPS drop for some slots. To the point that I might even stop using a max TP set at all and rather put it on toogle as Max damage set maybe for some zergs.

My regular set would be this now:

ItemSet 368631

This set is already 28%PDT, 18%MDT and a lot of Meva, so i'm not sure if I would even bother with hybrid set at this point lol. Maybe just swap Gere to Defendign as Hybrid set, then Staunch +1 and Malignance Tabard as Turtle/Counterstance set.

With the set above miniboss wont hit you with anything serious really. Just use defending ring maybe over Gere aka Hybrid set lol. For Craver call more healers, so they can heal themselves and probably moogle for refresh (just call him after yoran/ygnas so he stays at range with him/them). For Gorger use few RDM trusts with Dispel and it shouldn't be a problem. For Thinker you will need to turn aroudn a lot at low % of it's HP, because he has massive regain then. So yeah, just turn and TP/WS just after non Pain sync TP move and turn around again.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-19 05:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I died because of break spam.

I used 3/5 Kendatsuba+1 when I did Gin once on Monk (not solo, but only with offensive buffs from multiboxing) and it was enough meva to stop almost everything from Gin. with set I posted above you probably could kill Gin on MNK while being AFK. Im serious.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-19 05:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I died because of break spam.

I used 3/5 Kendatsuba+1 when I did Gin once on Monk (not solo, but only with offensive buffs from multiboxing) and it was enough meva to stop almost everything from Gin. with set I posted above you probably could kill Gin on MNK while being AFK. Im serious.

I probably should've seen it coming tbh and had more Meva in my set. Ive done literally 70+ gins on rune not counting the times i wiped/timed out and i always come into break/breakga lol. Never learned my lesson. Once i get on gonna have a good look at my set and re-adjust it for it. I do appreciate feedback from both of you guys, you guys are awesome.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-19 06:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprisingly the midboss is very easy compared to Gin hinself, Gorger and Thinker are no issue, however Craver is a ***. I actually recorded my Craver kill on monk I was debating uploading cos it was so messy. I'll upload the messy Craver video and show what Craver is like lmao. All goes smooth until trusts die then it relies on your preparedness.
It's not that I don't believe you, I'm just trying to imagine
1) how you manage to generate enough DPS to avoid time out, especially while using hybrid or full turtle gear
2) How do you manage the strong AoE damage from Craver? Trusts should die very fast and once they die how do you survive relying only on Chakra and SP2?
3) How do you handle the buff absorb thing of the... forgot the name, the one that copies buffs and that builds more DT the more the fight goes on and the more buffs he copies

For Thinker it's just a matter of having very good reflexes, a bit luck on multihit procs at the wrong time... I can see it doable I'm just concerned about overall DPS.
Just yourself and trust isn't exactely the highest DPS around, and you're not even using Verethragna which is the best weapon MNK has

So... I mean I trust you, I'm just wondering how you pulled it off.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-19 06:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that I don't believe you, I'm just trying to imagine
1) how you manage to generate enough DPS to avoid time out, especially while using hybrid or full turtle gear
2) How do you manage the strong AoE damage from Craver? Trusts should die very fast and once they die how do you survive relying only on Chakra and SP2?
3) How do you handle the buff absorb thing of the... forgot the name, the one that copies buffs and that builds more DT the more the fight goes on and the more buffs he copies

For Thinker it's just a matter of having very good reflexes, a bit luck on multihit procs at the wrong time... I can see it doable I'm just concerned about overall DPS.
Just yourself and trust isn't exactely the highest DPS around, and you're not even using Verethragna which is the best weapon MNK has

So... I mean I trust you, I'm just wondering how you pulled it off.

Sure they're reasonable questions:

1. I'm actually in a full DD set for Gorger/Thinker 9/10 times in the fight, I use AAHM for Gorger to stop myself from dying.
Craver I try stay in max Impetus set as long as possible, but if things go to ***, swap to counter set and wait for heals.
And timing out is never an actual issue unless I get Craver midboss and I get unlucky like i did last time. In my video I literally killed Craver with 20 seconds to spare then killed the 4th floor before Gin within 4 minutes resulting in having 36 minutes to spare.

2. For Craver I use the following trusts:
Yoran, Koru or KoH (depends if I forget to dismiss Koru and call KoH), Qultada, Ulmia, Selh'tuess. Selh'tuess or w/e his dumbass name is lol is the key to killing Craver with trusts, 100%. Without His aoe cure to help Yoran, there is no way I can survive as long as I do.

Chakra is a last resort heal. I also come very prepared for stuff like this, not only on Monk, but I have Vile Elixer NQ/+1 and about 10-15 Hi-elixers so I can last a long time without any form of healing aside from meds which I demonstrate in my video which will go live soon.

3. Gorger is just a beat it down for ages. He normally takes about 10-15 minutes depending on if I pull hate and have to turtle up or not. I've never paid attention if rdm trust dispels it or not. I also sometimes use Counterstance for gorger and let him absorb it, but never use Berserk. With Gorger absorbing Counterstance it allows me to go Super Saiyan for about a minute before pulling hate and in that time his HP just melts away fast as hell.

And yes, the one thing I am proud of is my insane reflex time, so I pray for Thinker everytime I do omen lmao, it's the easiest and most chill fight imo.

I personally don't have the patience or will to live to farm Chloris for Vere tbh. And I like the hybrid nature of Sagitta so it works.

Edit: Just looked at footage, I got mixed up with 2 different videos, on the one I am talking about, I kill Craver with 9:30 left.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-19 06:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This might be small accuracy increase but if he needs it to cap 99% accuracy, then it will always be a huge gain,
Absolutely, but didn't he say he needed around 50 acc to cap acc, or did I misread?

Quote:
Kenda+1 hands has more accuracy than Adhemar +1.
I goofed there, added +22 from the aug instead of +12, sorry Shiraj -_-'
It's just ~1 more acc though.
I mean Kenda+1 is awesome in general aside from the acc because of the Meva against Gin, period.
But if we're looking just at the acc swapping that piece alone won't really change Shiraj's situation, he needs other slots with bigger gains.

I mean I'm assuming he has limited resources and has to draw a line somewhere.
When you're in such a situation you need to make choices, which would be the more efficient choices? The way to gain the most acc swapping the least slots?
If he has infinite gil of course it's a completely different story.
Actually in that case Shiraj please be generous and buy me a couple of Voids/Shards thaaaaank you <3

Quote:
I hope you joking or not talking about +2?
1) Very serious
2) Talking about the +2, which I do own and it's level 25.

And yes I reiterate: it's not one of the best JSE necks around.
I am of course talking about the DPS necks.
PDL is a shared trait of most the other DPS JSE necks so it's not a "special" trait of MNK one. Regardless, PDL is completely irrelevant for a solo Gin since you'll be nowhere as close as being able to make use of PDL.

Secondly: MNK JSE neck has a lot of acc indeed, but all DPS JSE necks do and those who have less are for jobs with less acc needs compared to MNK.

Thirdly: One stat is completely wasted, from a damage point of view, since MND does nothing for anything DMG related on MNK and has a very secondary defensive effect against magic, meh. It has DEX which is a secondary stat for some WS (and gives us acc and ddex) and no STR at all, which is a primary mod for the majority of our WSs. Also, the stats are "only" +15. Some other necks have +25 for example.

Lastly: there's no multiattack or STP but only a boost (in damage and frquency) to kick attacks, which can proc only once per attack round and gets a diminished return if you use a build without proper feet (like in builds with Kendatsuba+1 for instance)

So yes, it's not like MNK neck+2 is bad, I have one after all, have I not? But it's not one of the best JSE necks imho.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-19 07:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's eventually here after my dogshit internet decides to finally finish uploading lol. I have more than enough to improve on, I know. Always welcome to give feedback to improve on the jobs. I just do this for fun, I am far from good considered to other players so their experience will vary completely.

Skip to the final 5-6 minutes to see the downfall of the fight if that is what you are interested in. No trusts/heals from cure in 5 minutes straight which shows how boss Monk is.

I did panic and use my SP 1 and 2 for Might Strikes, but that was cos I wanted to keep DPS up during Impetus and not swap sets.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-19 08:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lastly: there's no multiattack or STP but only a boost (in damage and frquency) to kick attacks, which can proc only once per attack round and gets a diminished return if you use a build without proper feet (like in builds with Kendatsuba+1 for instance)

So yes, it's not like MNK neck+2 is bad, I have one after all, have I not? But it's not one of the best JSE necks imho.

And here is where you make a mistake in underestimating this neck.

Kick attack damage +20 and Kick attack rate +25 is huge, even more with Samurai roll. It's far more than store TP +7 that you can find on some necks for example.

I really thing you dont realize how good is that, so just a quick math and just from TP Gain perspective.

Ok so let's take a monk with:
3%QA
21%TA
29%DA
19% base Kick Attack Rate

not using any store tp because it's irrelevant for now.

With above multi attack rate we have:
3.439 hand attacks per round. 60TP per attack with Verethragna
0.19 kick attack per round. 53TP per kick.
Total 216.425 TP per round.

Let's add 25% Kick attack rate.
Total 229.675 tp per round.
6% increase.

Now let's see how much Double attack you would need to get the same increase. Fast answer a little over 14%DA Yes, 25% kick attack rate for TP gain is like having 14% more DA in this example. Show me at least one other JSE neck that gives so much TP gain. Nothing is even close.

Now to compare that to store TP. With 0 store TP you would need +6 store TP to get 6% increase, but obviously you will usually have much more than that. With Samurai roll and most TP sets probably above +100. While solo without roll, but with some Malignance probably around 50. You need +9 store TP with base +50sTP to get +6% increase in TP gain. You need +12sTP to get 6% increase with base +100sTP. Again that 25% Kick attack rate is huge! and store TP doesn't add anything to your white damage. There is only one nekc that can match that and it's SAM's neck with +14 store TP, but SAM has so much store TP, especially with SAM roll, that even that +14sTP is less increase for him, than +25% Kick rate for MNK.
SAM's neck is also OP with it's +25STR and also having PDL. It's a perfect neck really and only one that I could potentially put above MNK's.

MNK JSE neck has a lot of acc, but all DPS JSE necks do and those who have less are for jobs with less acc needs compared to MNK.

Say that to Caladbolg DRKs :)

PDL is a shared trait of most the other DPS JSE necks

Say that to WARs :D
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 258 259 260 ... 363 364 365