user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-12 06:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Ehhh I love those questions..

I used pure and simple math.
Hey don't take it personally :o
It wasn't anything about you.

I just asked because it's a complex model and, I assume, there is no simple/only way to represent the situation through a math formula/model.

I wasn't trying to deny the validity of your approach nor imply that is wrong. I was simply being curious about which model specifically you used to represent that situation through math. Nothing more, nothing less!

Regardless, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Also before update it wasn't exactly 95% afaik, because 99% with main hand and 95% with offhand is more like 97% total (not sure what was the kick cap, which would change total a little too ofc).
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the 99% acc cap on Main Hand only applied to the main hand of 1H weapons.
That patch never got applied to 2H, which remained at the 2H cap of 95%?
That's what I thought, I apologize if I'm wrong.

If I recall the same patch changed the DEX>Acc and STR>Att conversion rate.
Before that it used to be 75% for 2H weapons and 50% for 1H weapons and H2H.
That patch applied the 75% rate to everything for DEX
For STR it applied the 75% rate only to Main Hand for 1H weapons, and ~62% for H2H.

I guess after December 2018 patch this ratio changed, for STR, to 100% for every weapon no matter where you wield it, including H2H?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-12 06:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I'd be comfortable calling it 20% average including the discount.
That's cool, thanks Byrth!

Altough personally I was more interested in the Impetus specific average, which means there's no 60% uptime to be considered.
My intent was to understand how worth (or unworth) empy body would be to equip over the other 3 body main options.

Given the numbers posted by SimonSes my opinion is that yes, Empybody+1 is gonna be worth to keep equipped (and hance have a specific lua rule for it) over the other options, when Impetus is up.
Likewise I think that probably Empybody+1 will be the best Victory Smite option, when Impetus is up.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-12 16:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in the process of finishing up AG Spharai/Verethragna in the next week or so and have enough detritus sitting around to cap augments on probably both of them. I'm considering also capping Godhands augment to get a fair comparison but I can't really justify spending 70m on 20 some odd base damage and 30 accuracy. I'm going to probably run some longish (10-25 neaks?) parses over my winter break on the following conditions:

Spharai + FH
Vere + VS
Godhands + RF
Godhands + VS

I'll throw in some fulltime Impetus tests for the VS conditions as well.

I'll probably also test Samnuha/Herc vs. Bhikku +1/Anchorite +3 too.

Are there any other parses people would be interested in? Spreadsheets are cool for WS but I find that they aren't accurate predictors for TP gear and overall DPS, as is indicated by the fact that spreadsheet thinks that almost half of MNKs damage is from melee hits (the reality is closer to 25-30%). Naturally, I'll be using addons to automatically engage and WS at 1000 immediately to help keep it unbiased.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-12 16:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Run STP vs DA on the cape, that question gets asked entirely too many times

Numbers on it (even though they're damn near identical) might get people to stop asking.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-12 17:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
I'll probably also test Samnuha/Herc vs. Bhikku +1/Anchorite +3 too.
I think temporarily, and only temporarily, Hesychast+3 beat Bhikku+1 in the legs slot.
Not taking into account the Set bonus but I doubt that alone changes anything.
Maybe it closes the gap a bit but there's still gonna be a gap.

Things will likely change once Empy+3 gets released but for now, Hesy will probably win.
I guess in the end it depends on your STP build but honestly I'm confident in the majority of setups Hesy should win.

Quote:
Are there any other parses people would be interested in?
Don't forget Tornado Kick when Footwork is up!
Especially with Godhands it should pull out good numbers.
With Vere it's probably not worth it.

I'd like some parses to check the average Crit Rate during impetus and impetus only.
Once we know the avg Crit rate % we gonna know the avg Cdmg % as well, and at that point we will be able to calculate exactely wether or not Empy+1 body is worth over other options when Impetus is up, for both TP and for WS too (if you're using VS, not worth it for other WSs of course).

We already got some parses concerning Impetus Crit rate, but the more the merrier, if you ask me.
Thanks in advance!

Putting my bets on Vere winning btw.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-12 17:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll see if I have materials to make a DA cape since I only run STP. That might be a smaller test than 10-25 Neaks since I don't have infinite time haha. I suspect the numbers will be within 1% of each other but it'd be good to finally put it to rest.

edit:

Re: Hesychast +3, I don't have them and I don't think I'll be able to unlock them on time which is why I listed Bhikku +1. If I can get it then I'll use that instead.
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2018-12-12 20:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Valefor.Madranta said: »
I updated the MNK DPS spreadsheet with this patch's changes. Specifically 99% accuracy cap for both hands and kicks, +0.3 pDIF cap from PDL III and Attack per STR ratio of 4:3. There are some updates I did back in Sept but never shared too, notes listed on the Setup tab.

For comparison I wrote down my DPS before making the changes. The Impetus set change is colossal, going from 4191.115 to 6610.638. The non-Impetus set is much less interesting, but still significant, 4525.962 to 5068.213.

It's always possible I screwed something up in the Impetus tab, since I don't fully understand what's going on there, but the buffs it's listed as giving seem appropriate with a 99% hit rate and Bhikku +1 body.

STR to att is now 4:3? I tho it's 1:1 (+ bonus from Smite on top of that ofc).

Changed it to 1:1. I had only seen one report that 2H and H2H were 4:3 now, and was unable to check for myself at the time. Presumably they didn't account for Smite.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-13 12:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Re: Hesychast +3, I don't have them and I don't think I'll be able to unlock them on time which is why I listed Bhikku +1. If I can get it then I'll use that instead.
Wanted to make sure you weren't forgetting about them!
Sorry then.

But I thought the "Bhikku/Anchorite" vs "Samnuha/Herc" is more of a way to say in other terms: Let's see if a setup built towards KA is more effective than a setup built towards multiattack".
Which is a discussion we've been having in this forums many other times in the past.
And doing such a test with Bhikku instead of Hesy wouldn't be particularly conclusive (supposing it loses) because Hesychast likely offers higher DPS than Bkhikku.

Regardless, if that's your only option atm it can't be helped of course!
I'll hit you up if I ever do a Jeuno run in the next days, wouldn't mind you tagging along.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-13 13:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my group is actually running Jeuno on Friday, but Legshards and Voidlegs are damn near non-existent, and I don't want to pay upwards of 40m by converting medals. I think Bhikku +1 will be more than adequate if I don't end up unlocking them on time. Hesychast's just offers a bit of STR, DEX and Crit over 8 STP 1 KA so I imagine the gap between them will be pretty minimal. Accuracy and Attack are irrelevant stats when I will be controlling for them to be capped.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-13 13:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference is very minimal. I'm actually willing to give the edge over to bhikku in an attack and accuracy capped scenario, simply because stp+8 > crit+8 for kicks build (activated on every hit vs 8% of the time)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-13 22:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything except Chakra (you don't even need a chakra macro).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-12-16 11:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Epaminondas's Ring worth it? Sort of contemplating a out it for a while now. RF and HF have low stat buff so maybe WSD on ring would be more helpful?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-16 16:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are the most glorious looking weapon in the game
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-12-16 17:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pimpin crystal bear claws.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2018-12-17 10:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Is Epaminondas's Ring worth it? Sort of contemplating a out it for a while now. RF and HF have low stat buff so maybe WSD on ring would be more helpful?

It's really good.
 Bahamut.Silentsteel
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Silentsteel 2018-12-18 07:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm getting back into Mnk, rua guide got me excited for it xD. I had it on my old character during Delve, and have been leveling it up on my new character (Silentsteel is stuck on bastok 6-2, can't progress cause of a glitch =( ) I've been looking at the information on here and kind of glancing through the thread, and want to know if what I've been thinking for early progression works.

I'm not quite sure what h2h to use pre SU2, I was doing some farming for Denouments but they haven't dropped yet, wondering what I should use in the meantime, but I'm planning on getting Jolt Counters for when I get SU2. I'm also planning on getting the SU3 armor (NQ as well) and using Ambu armor til that point. Is there any A/R/E that I should focus on building up to their +1s? Does the SU3 armor win in most cases?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-18 07:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

HW maybe, since it's a 2hit WS, you're gonna boost "half" of it through WSD.

RF not so much, it's 5 hits. Granted the first is the strongest of the 5 but I doubt you're gonna get much from Epaminonda.
Glad to be proven wrong!

Epaminonda might be good for Final Heaven, if you got an augmented Spharai and the right gear Final Heaven is not as bad as it used to be and WSD works sorta nice on it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-18 09:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Silentsteel said: »
I'm not quite sure what h2h to use pre SU2... Is there any A/R/E that I should focus on building up to their +1s? Does the SU3 armor win in most cases?

Denouement are fine. Jolt counters you should get immediately (100jp is nothing). There's a h2h that drops from the slime UNM in Bostaneaux, which are decent. Easy to get. Su3 gear is a must for Monk, but you should just spend the time hq1/2/3 the full artifact set. Specifically feet body hands. I would hq3 relic head and probably legs of you were only doing two. Lazy monks can get away with just using su3 but I feel like Monk is very gear intensive to stand out more than your average suck Monk. So go out and get moonbelt+1 at the very least. It's very useful for everything.

Also hq1 the empyrean+1 legs. They were probably the best leg slot you can use until you can get su3 or relic+3 legs
By Boshi 2018-12-18 09:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
HW maybe, since it's a 2hit WS, you're gonna boost "half" of it through WSD.

"Half" is a terrible way to look at it
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2018-12-18 09:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
e
Bahamut.Silentsteel said: »
I'm not quite sure what h2h to use pre SU2... Is there any A/R/E that I should focus on building up to their +1s? Does the SU3 armor win in most cases?

Denouement are fine. Jolt counters you should get immediately (100jp is nothing). There's a h2h that drops from the slime UNM in Bostaneaux, which are decent. Easy to get. Su3 gear is a must for Monk, but you should just spend the time hq1/2/3 the full artifact set. Specifically feet body hands. I would hq3 relic head and probably legs of you were only doing two. Lazy monks can get away with just using su3 but I feel like Monk is very gear intensive to stand out more than your average suck Monk. So go out and get moonbelt+1 at the very least. It's very useful for everything.

Also hq1 the empyrean+1 legs. They were probably the best leg slot you can use until you can get su3 or relic+3 legs

Currently going through the exact same thing. I went with Denouements for the first 100 JP and as soon as I bought Jolt Counters I was in love, *especially* for solo JPing.
Moonbow belt+1 is mega expensive right now, same with Kendatusba +1, so I'm rocking no-box for now. Pumping all my money into my 90 vere. The hard part's over, it's just money now. Once I get it AG'd at least, I'll start upgrading gear. I might drop 1 or 2 stacks into augmenting Vere, but more than that are minor upgrades.
I'll also add that if you already have capped samnuha tights, they're at the very least on-par with empy legs reforged+1 until you augment the dynamis neck + get af+3 feet. But if you don't have them, empy legs are easier to get, and not that expensive.
With how good empy legs and body are already, I'm looking forward to the +2 and +3 versions.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-18 10:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I respect the verethragna goals. Personally I feel like the money spent to Ken+1 and belt is more far reaching than the h2h at this current point. You will improve your white damage and crit rate significantly, and give you a hefty accuracy improvement. And you will see those results much sooner and you'll be useful to content more than just a weapon itself. I'm making one also, but keep in mind it's a huge Gil sink and a longer reaching goal to AG and augment it to something useful. Of course I agree that you should get it and the HQ gear, but the gear is always something you can use elsewhere and sell if needed if you hit tough times. 2c
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2018-12-18 10:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I respect the verethragna goals. Personally I feel like the money spent to Ken+1 and belt is more far reaching than the h2h at this current point. You will improve your white damage and crit rate significantly, and give you a hefty accuracy improvement. And you will see those results much sooner and you'll be useful to content more than just a weapon itself. I'm making one also, but keep in mind it's a huge Gil sink and a longer reaching goal to AG and augment it to something useful. Of course I agree that you should get it and the HQ gear, but the gear is always something you can use elsewhere and sell if needed if you hit tough times. 2c

On most days, I'll agree with you. I've always been a gear-first, REMA later kind of guy. But Vere was my first REMA back in the day. And Monk was my first true DPS love. So this journey is a sentimental one. Plus, AG Vere I think does more for white-damage than any gear possibly could.
And realistically, I already have a BUNCH of gear carried over from my BLU and COR endeavors. Which I'd count among my top geared jobs. I'm already in a happy gear place. It's not BIS, far from it. But even those two jobs, I rocked no-boxes until I really felt comfortable with the job.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-18 10:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

(howling fist bump) Respect. I salute you
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-18 10:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

To Ramzus who was testing stuff recently and whoemver else has tested it already, what's the DPS difference of Neck+2 compared to other options like Anu Torque?
I'm not talking about Att capped situation, where the PDL kicks in and gives a pretty big bonus in favor of the torque.
I'm talking in a much more common situation where Acc is capped (so the huge Acc/DEX on it has little impact) but Att is not.

You lose Att and STP on Anu, but gain a big boost on Kick DMG+ and Kick attack rate (which, indirectly, will affect TP gain as well)

I'd love to see the DPS difference to see how far behind Anu Torque is in Setup1 (Samnua, Herc) and Setup2 (Bhikku+1, Anchorite+3)

Thanks!
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2018-12-18 10:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
To Ramzus who was testing stuff recently and whoemver else has tested it already, what's the DPS difference of Neck+2 compared to other options like Anu Torque?
I'm not talking about Att capped situation, where the PDL kicks in and gives a pretty big bonus in favor of the torque.
I'm talking in a much more common situation where Acc is capped (so the huge Acc/DEX on it has little impact) but Att is not.

You lose Att and STP on Anu, but gain a big boost on Kick DMG+ and Kick attack rate (which, indirectly, will affect TP gain as well)

I'd love to see the DPS difference to see how far behind Anu Torque is in Setup1 (Samnua, Herc) and Setup2 (Bhikku+1, Anchorite+3)

Thanks!

I'm not at home ATM, but using the spreadsheet with no attack buffs, even capped +1 neck beats anu. Though not by much. The kick attacks + kick attack damage increase alone is really good. Both for TP gain and white damage.

Edit: forgot to mention this is with a kick-attacks build (hesy+3, anchorite+3). But I just checked with Kendatsuba +1, herc and it's a similar drop, though closer.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-18 10:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't started testing yet because I haven't AG'd my vere yet. I'll try testing it if I can, should be easy enough to control for attack.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-18 10:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk neck adds no strength so that can't be true. It's dex and mind
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2018-12-18 10:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk neck adds no strength so that can't be true. It's dex and mind
You're right, I realized it moments ago and edited. But even so KA+% and the KA+atk is BIG. It reduces the tp/round by a little, but the white damage goes up by so much still.
Edit: again, these are still relatively small numbers (with the +1 neck), and still just a spreadsheet.
First Page 2 3 ... 229 230 231 ... 363 364 365