iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-08-17 14:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yep stack the much you can, with good buff like idriss cor bard, you can put some nice number (30-40K) but if you have aeonic and this buff, raging is good too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-17 15:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
So, in the interest of something related to monk and not just how bad it is...

Any monks have some Final Heaven sets they could post? Obviously it's not the most useful aftermath in the world, but for times I'd like it up, I'd at least like to have an idea of what set to use for it.
Don't have relic past 75 lol but this is the set I have for it.

ItemSet 359891

Finally got around to gearing for it so had to go back and look up this set. Exactly why are you using moonshade/fotia neck belt? Is there a specific reason why?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-17 15:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about Moonshade, but Final Heaven has pretty low fTP, so Fotia neck/belt are really good options.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-17 16:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonshades do nothing for (all?) relic weaponskills. They don't scale with tp

This is a big reason why they're (basically) universally bad (for damage)
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-08-17 18:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
So, in the interest of something related to monk and not just how bad it is...

Any monks have some Final Heaven sets they could post? Obviously it's not the most useful aftermath in the world, but for times I'd like it up, I'd at least like to have an idea of what set to use for it.
Don't have relic past 75 lol but this is the set I have for it.

ItemSet 359891

Finally got around to gearing for it so had to go back and look up this set. Exactly why are you using moonshade/fotia neck belt? Is there a specific reason why?
It's a test set. I don't actually use the weapon or WS so never got down to making a pitch perfect set for it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-17 18:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than the moonshade it's probably the best you can get

(new ring)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-17 20:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonbow+1 probably wins out. 8% triple attack on a one hit weapon skill is lethal, in addition to the strength boost
By Vishwambhari 2018-08-17 20:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Moonbow+1 probably wins out. 8% triple attack on a one hit weapon skill is lethal, in addition to the strength boost
*whisper*that's not how it works, pal.
By SimonSes 2018-08-17 21:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

He havent explained it well but moonbow actually wins by a long shot.

FH is 2hit ws main hand + offhand. Because of the 40% boost from 119 relic you can say that main hit has ftp of 4.2 and adsitional hit has ftp 1.4
Fotia would add 0.1 ftp to that and 10 acc.
Moonbow +1 would add 12.5 att, 15acc, 8% triple attack and probablu some fSTR. 8% triple attack can be simplified to + 0.16×1.4×2 ftp on avg, so over four times more than fotia. Moonbow nq and hq are clear winners here over fotia.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-17 21:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So what would be the Aug on the herc body and feet? Triple attack with Vit? Or WSD with bit?
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-17 21:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
He havent explained it well but moonbow actually wins by a long shot.

FH is 2hit ws main hand + offhand. Because of the 40% boost from 119 relic you can say that main hit has ftp of 4.2 and adsitional hit has ftp 1.4
Fotia would add 0.1 ftp to that and 10 acc.
Moonbow +1 would add 12.5 att, 15acc, 8% triple attack and probablu some fSTR. 8% triple attack can be simplified to + 0.16×1.4×2 ftp on avg, so over four times more than fotia. Moonbow nq and hq are clear winners here over fotia.

Spharai gives Final Heaven Damage +40%. It has nothing to do with http://fTP. The fTP from Fotia will also benefit from the 40% Final Heaven bonus.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-17 21:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Though it's true that the damage boost is applied after Fotia, he's not saying that it is fTP but rather giving a simplified rough equivalency that's mostly correct in that regard
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-08-18 05:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Though it's true that the damage boost is applied after Fotia, he's not saying that it is fTP but rather giving a simplified rough equivalency that's mostly correct in that regard

Exactly, tho i did a little mistake. Fotia will obviosuly add 0.14 not 0.1 because of the 40% bonus. On avg its still more than 3 time less than what moonbow will give on avg with triple attacks. Not to mention att, acc and fSTR.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-08-18 20:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is asuran fist so shitty? Why is Shijin Spiral ***? Why are we robbed of decent looking WS? I'm sick of looking at HF I demand justice for H2H WS animations.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-18 23:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Final heaven, howling fist, ascetics fury, and even a bit of one inch punch is literally the same animation. The coolest animation is shijin, and it's dispicable. In full agreement that h2h animations are pathetic AF
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-19 00:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They should reuse Shoulder Tackle. I like that one.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-19 00:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
They should reuse Shoulder Tackle. I like that one.

They did, just didn't give it to us, it's Bear Killer

Taru Asuran used to be one of the coolest ws that everyone loved. backflip! Still one of my favorites, just a straight beat down.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2018-08-19 01:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is asuran fist so shitty? Why is Shijin Spiral ***? Why are we robbed of decent looking WS? I'm sick of looking at HF I demand justice for H2H WS animations.
I think Shijin spiral looks awesome (its all i wanna spam when i get jobpoints) but it does need a bit more impact feel like torcleaver/resolution/upheaval.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-08-19 02:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They did, just didn't give it to us, it's Bear Killer

Pssssh, MNK can't take me out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-19 03:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Should've made tornado kick into Tatsumaki Senpukyak from Street fighter.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-19 05:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-08-19 16:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I think Shijin spiral looks awesome (its all i wanna spam when i get jobpoints) but it does need a bit more impact feel like torcleaver/resolution/upheaval.

Yea Shijin Spiral is awesome but it's trash damage wise. Is Asuran Fist worth a ***? Don't think I've ever seen it used post 75
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-19 18:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shijin has a Ho-oh emerge from the ashes. By default, it should ignore all defense, deal fire damage+plague effect, skillchain with everything, and give August's wings effect.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-19 18:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And then make you get oneshotted by any Earth magic.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-19 21:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Yea Shijin Spiral is awesome but it's trash damage wise. Is Asuran Fist worth a ***? Don't think I've ever seen it used post 75

It's okay for SCs.
By SimonSes 2018-08-20 02:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What augments on Segomo's Mantle for TP? DA or STP? I'm leaning toward STP because of kicks and lowered effectiveness from already high QA/TA. Am I right?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-20 02:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Spreadsheet-wise I'm still getting DA being the winner by a considerable margin over STP+10, but I guess it depends on your TP gear of course.
By SimonSes 2018-08-20 02:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was also wondering if anyone checked if subtle blow from gift is actually additive to subtle blow from traits and if it is additive, does it go beyond subtle blow I cap?

Magic burst gift are additive I think but goes beyond the cap. -Blood Pact gift are additive to both BPI and BPII, but doesn't go beyond the total cap for both. STP gifts on SAM are also not a normal STP (not sure about this one). It's fairly possible that Subtle blow gifts are not that straightforward too.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-20 03:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Been asked several times, nobody tested it specifically though, to my knowledge.

Altough Ruaumoko's recent test suggest a possible answer to your question.
Given the relatively small difference in SB/SBII gear between MNK and other jobs participating in the test and given the pretty considerable difference in TP move usage from Kin boss, I guess this should lead us to believe that SB gifts can break the SB tier1 cap.

...unless there's some flaw in my logic? I'm still semi asleep, probably safer to doublecheck with math-competent people like Kyte or many others lol.
By SimonSes 2018-08-20 03:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt help that DNC also has SB gifts, even more potent than MNK ones but worded completely different. It might even be possible that DNCs ones are indeed like SBII which would make him a really great choice for scenario when you need to 4 step something before it does a tp move and MNK ones are not even a SB trait but unique multiplier.
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 363 364 365