For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 264 265 266
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-28 14:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the verdict on Rudra and saving TP?

Rudra at 1000 has 6.0
Rudra at 2000 has 15.0

So rudra at 2000 has more than double the fTP as 1000, so does that mean it would translate into doing more than double damage at 2000? Having a debate in LS and one guy swears by 1000 saying he can show that 2x 1000TP Rudras is > 1x 2000% Rudras. I'm going by the fTP values and not actual experience but if someone can explain with math, it'd be better than this guy eyeballing it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-28 14:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
This actually isn't true, an ATT earring generally comes out ahead... you have to know when to use what.

A kuwunga earring, (when you get latent, aka on things that matter) is better than a Jupiter. (and it's free! so cheap *** rejoice).

I could see kuwunga earring, 2 STR and 17 Attack versus 2 DEX in situations where you actually have/need to use Madrigal. But as far as Moonshade Earring is concerned, assuming you get "Attack +4" as the second augment, Jupiter's Pearl should still win at 3000 TP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-28 14:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually (anytime you get madrigal) Kuwunga > Jupiter. Every time/Always. (on high-end ***of course).

Obviously the difference is very minor, can't stress this enough.

I really don't like highly specific rules like latents, and days, but to hell with it, everyone uses gearswap anyway.

1500% TP (best solo rudra DPS) Kuwunga/Tp > Jupiter/TP
3000% (Best damage per ws) Kuwunga/Jupiter > Jupiter/Jupiter
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-28 14:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually (anytime you get madrigal) Kuwunga > Jupiter. Every time/Always. (on high-end ***of course).

Obviously the difference is very minor, can't stress this enough.

I really don't like highly specific rules like latents, and days, but to hell with it, everyone uses gearswap anyway.

Quote:
I could see Kuwunga Earring, 2 STR and 17 Attack versus 2 DEX in situations where you actually have/need to use Madrigal. But as far as Moonshade Earring is concerned, assuming you get "Attack +4" as the second augment, Jupiter's Pearl should still win at 3000 TP.

I'm agree'ing with you that Kuwunga Earring is better if you have Madrigal on in this post. I only remarked that it's still better than Moonshade Earring with an "Attack +4" augment as the second augment if you're WS'ing ta 3000 TP and don't have/need Madrigal up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-28 14:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
What's the verdict on Rudra and saving TP?

Rudra at 1000 has 6.0
Rudra at 2000 has 15.0

So rudra at 2000 has more than double the fTP as 1000, so does that mean it would translate into doing more than double damage at 2000? Having a debate in LS and one guy swears by 1000 saying he can show that 2x 1000TP Rudras is > 1x 2000% Rudras. I'm going by the fTP values and not actual experience but if someone can explain with math, it'd be better than this guy eyeballing it.

2x 1000% Rudra (JUST COUNTING THE WS DAMAGE) > 1x 2000% Rudra. Rough numbers, 3500x2 vs 6000

But, you should be using Evis if you're going to spam 1000% 4000x2 > 3500x2 (now that evis replicates ftp). ((and if you can tank on thf)).
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-28 14:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm guess it's different for THF than BRD. On BRD/NIN, with gorget/belt and relatively the same gear for Rudra, my 1000% eviscerations are doing like 5.5-6.8, but 1000% Rudras are doing 8-15k, did about 10 or so of each. Guess I'll chalk it up to gear variability or low sample size, or maybe because rudra doesnt use ele belt/gorget but uses DEX/att pieces? O_o
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-28 16:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit Nevermind.

I realize, I'm done giving a ***. Someone else can obtain this headache.
By Eliseus 2014-12-28 17:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit Nevermind.

You act as if people are forcing you to respond. Again make a thread will all your elitism in it or stop responding how great you are with your third party tools in a help thread complaining that no one understands anything.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-28 17:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Eliseus said: »
Edit Nevermind.

You act as if people are forcing you to respond. Again make a thread will all your elitism in it or stop responding how great you are with your third party tools in a help thread complaining that no one understands anything.
I would rather people get a CORRECT answer, than an opinion. Emphasis on past tense.

Wear your sandungs, full time your chiners, rock that Demonry ring. Take full advantage of dps cause trick transfers all current hate, and you'll never have to tank, don't bother with an MDT set, only elitists use those. Don't bother using food either.

I digress. Keep following your opinions, that way maybe square will forget how op thf is.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Eliseus 2014-12-28 17:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit Nevermind.

I would rather people get a CORRECT answer, than an opinion. Emphasis on past tense.

Wear your sandungs, full time your chiners, rock that Demonry ring. Take full advantage of dps cause trick transfers all current hate, and you'll never have to tank, don't bother with an MDT set, only elitists use those. Don't bother using food either.

I digress. Keep following your opinions, that way maybe square will forget how op thf is.

Wants people to get correct answers, mad he has to repeat self.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-12-28 17:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit Nevermind.

Edit Thf related: What is a good Aeolian Edge set now?
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-12-28 17:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair this is a common problem with most people who assist on forums. Why do we have 73 pages of a THF thread if people can't be bothered to skim back 2-5 of them.
[+]
By Eliseus 2014-12-28 20:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »

To be fair this is a common problem with most people who assist on forums. Why do we have 73 pages of a THF thread if people can't be bothered to skim back 2-5 of them.

Oh I completely agree, but lets be realistic now, even more so given how much valli has to "repeat" himself, do you really think someone is going to read 73 pages of thief thread or use the search function? Isn't it backwards to claim you are an elitest but tell people to *** off that ask for help, no matter how many times it's been posted?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-12-28 20:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I completely agree, but lets be realistic now, even more so given how much valli has to "repeat" himself, do you really think someone is going to read 73 pages of thief thread or use the search function? Isn't it backwards to claim you are an elitest but tell people to *** off that ask for help, no matter how many times it's been posted?

If people were more inclined to share what they learned through dedicated topics, rather than just letting the task to the usual well informed, skilled or elitist contributors every single time, then stuff wouldn't fall under the 'piss off, cause you never listen' truck.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-12-28 21:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »

If people were more inclined to share what they learned through dedicated topics, rather than just letting the task to the usual well informed, skilled or elitist contributors every single time, then stuff wouldn't fall under the 'piss off, cause you never listen' truck.

I'm sure even the most patient teacher will become piss off if people don't listen to what the teacher teach lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-12-29 06:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
Thf related: What is a good Aeolian Edge set now?
Are you willing to make a tp bonus magian dagger?

I'm not THAT committed to it, never get to use Thf for anything anyway. A couple of people have shown me sets, so I think I'll just use Highwing helm, Levante dagger/Atoyac + MAB stuff.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-29 09:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it that Gelai Earring never really made it into a conversation? is it that trash or has no-one really paid it to much attention? would it not be good got WS acc of some sort?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-12-29 10:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not THAT committed to it, never get to use Thf for anything anyway. A couple of people have shown me sets, so I think I'll just use Highwing helm, Levante dagger/Atoyac + MAB stuff.

Highwing,Shark WKR neck, Shneddick legs +1, incursion mantle, qaaxo feet path C, Nilas gloves are a good foundation. Sombra harness/+1 works for body as well.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-12-29 10:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Highwing,Shark WKR neck, Shneddick legs +1, incursion mantle, qaaxo feet path C, Nilas gloves are a good foundation. Sombra harness/+1 works for body as well.

THF can use Stoicheion medal, WKR neck is less MAB and same MACC. And since the incursion cape can be kinda hard to get Toro cape is a good alternative.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-29 10:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

THF can use Stoicheion medal, WKR neck is less MAB and same MACC

True, but it's also a lot more expensive for a very niche gearset and, unless you play BLU/COR, it's not something you'd own for other jobs.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-12-29 10:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose, it is 300k on Lakshmi, which I didn't really see as a huge expense, but I had it for COR and BLU already

Post deleted by User.
By Ulthakptah 2014-12-30 01:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How high of a weapon skill damage augment would you need for Ipetam to beat out Izhiikoh?
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-30 14:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a screenshot of a 60k Rudra on Wopket and I know wopket takes like -95% or so damage from piercing. Does SA ignore that? Cuz I know when it first came out, my fully buffed Stardiver did like 80 damage to him. Or does SA ignore mob's SDT? (There is a line under the hydra page in ffxiwiki that he takes half damage from piercing but that SA bypasses it).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-30 15:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you did not, You saw a Screen shot of YUMCAX taking that 60k Rudra.

Which has sense been upgraded to a 90k Rudra.

(unless you saw it somewhere I hadn't yet).

This is only possible, because of course it's a WKR, and http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ygnas%27s_Resolve_%2B1
By Ulthakptah 2014-12-30 15:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What a douche. It's like he is trying to get rudra nerfed
By Pantafernando 2014-12-30 15:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you did not, You saw a Screen shot of YUMCAX taking that 60k Rudra.

Which has sense been upgraded to a 90k Rudra.

(unless you saw it somewhere I hadn't yet).

This is only possible, because of course it's a WKR, and http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ygnas%27s_Resolve_%2B1

Though it must be something else aside neck.

Its not like yumcax is weak to piercing. Also, from the consecultives attacks, hes nowhere near att cap. if that dmg is possible, it should be done with a vajra. And to be that high, the only thing i can think of is that the ftp was mirrored in consecultive hits of a oa3 proc, but im not sure thats possible.
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 264 265 266