For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 262 263 264
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-06-29 15:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you won't be able to get away with Thaumas coat for anything about lv110 and above.

Pillager+1 when you need acc, Plunderer+1 when you don't. fStr and dDex are still a thing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-06-29 18:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, that sucks. That's a lot of multi-attack. Are there any new melee foods released recently? Or are the only option for acc sushi and pizza?
By Pantafernando 2014-06-29 19:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Hmm, that sucks. That's a lot of multi-attack. Are there any new melee foods released recently? Or are the only option for acc sushi and pizza?

Rockfin soup, acc 90 and some att also. 3h, ~170kish.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-06-30 04:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Messing around in Abyssea trying to get a Sirona's Ring for WHM, I know lolAbyssea, but it was kinda funny, The Rudra's was the first thing I did to that NM, and it was practically dead on pop. XD

Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-06-30 09:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Planning on regearing my THF, front page dont list gear sets :/ any1 got TP/WS sets for high acc/old content? i'm assuming Iziikoh/Atoyac with Occ.atk x2 is best combo for stuff thats under Lv119 conent
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-06-30 10:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Front page has the sets in links to the nodes for ws and tp sets for party and solo setups. Might want to take another, more careful look.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-06-30 13:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Front page has the sets in links to the nodes for ws and tp sets for party and solo setups. Might want to take another, more careful look.
oh yea now i see em, use to the SAM page with it just on page itself, well thx!
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-01 08:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a new best clearcut WS? if not im sticking to Evis, been a lonnnng time since i played THF seriously
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2014-07-01 10:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

General consensus I believe is unstacked evisceration, stacked rudra's storm.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-01 16:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

stacked? am confuse
 Asura.Justblaze
user: Johnblaze
By Asura.Justblaze 2014-07-01 16:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Stacked with SA/TA or both
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-02 06:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ohhhhh, so i need rudras then

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Malizia
Server: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2014-07-03 20:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
Asura.Loire said: »
oh yea now i see em, use to the SAM page with it just on page itself, well thx!
Yeah, I moved all the sets to nodes because it makes the guide significantly easier to edit and maintain. The downside is you can't display multiple nodes in a single post, which is something I don't expect to ever change. So you get links instead!

You should be aware that none of the sets in the guide are based on the new weaponskill fTP and WSC values, and the Evisceration set is from December 2013. So I would refer to the last couple of pages of this thread for Evisceration advice instead of using the guide. The guide's Rudra's Storm page should be acceptable, but again you may find better results with itemsets posted more recently.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-07-05 22:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just came back from about a month long break, and have been looking over spreadsheets with the new WS values.

Am I correct in assuming Vajra legit beats Mandau now? I have it winning regardless of AM/3, whereas before I could only get it ahead with AM3 in a few specific situations. At any rate, I've been getting some pretty nice numbers (16-19k in delve on 1-5's and 23K+ on fodder!)

I also generally have Evis coming ahead of everything else (unstacked).

In terms of Mandau, I also have Rudra's beating out MS.

Aye/Nay?!
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-07-06 00:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure they established that in the thread already. Evis unstacked, Rudra's stacked. Don't know about Vajra/Mandau comparison.
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-07-06 01:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My Vajra is coming out ahead of my Mandau in all situations. The buff it has on stacked Rudra's is just insane and AM 3 is great whenever you get it up (constantly in VW is pretty fun to play with).
By Dorone86 2014-07-06 14:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I need help with which augments to choose on Quiahuiz and Uk'uxkaj. Gonna get haste on em both for 26% with max dual wield. I', just not sure about the other augment.

Sandung/Atoyac/Raider'sBoomerang
Uk'uxkaj/Asperity/Dudgeon/Heartseeker
Skadi+1/Qaaxo/Rajas/Epona
Atheling/Nusku/Quiahuiz/Plunderer

fSTR augments? dDEX?

Help me out!
 Phoenix.Jurges
Server: Phoenix
user: Jurges
By Phoenix.Jurges 2014-07-06 15:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Vajra beats everything... True Story
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-07-07 08:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Talk to me fellow Crooks, I'm trying to get a good idea what I need to target as far as damage is concerned to make sure im in the ball park damage wise... Whats been some of your damage spikes post update stacked and just SA, TA I managed a 11,989 (M.S) on pil last night and I am sure that's on the weaker side of things... just trying to get some of your numbers so I know what work i need to put in thanks.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-07 09:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
What content are you relvling/gearing thf for seƱor? Dynamis solo exclusively?
salvage, maby tenzen even though i have MNK. I need lots of plans/alex b4 the 119 salvage stuff update
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-07-13 00:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The main sets are a little outdated as it says in the post... so I just want to make sure, THF Relic body > Thf AF body when it comes to Evisceration, yes?
 Siren.Veritryy
Server: Siren
user: Veritry
By Siren.Veritryy 2014-07-19 12:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your Ddex. I prefer the AF body for evis due to the 2% increased damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-19 12:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Typically rate > damage, it doesn't matter how much damage you COULD do IF you crit, when you don't crit.

That's why Uk cap > pillager's head. And Plunder's > Pillager's body, + relic has more dex/str.

Technically Even Raider's legs, are better than anything... we only use pillager because it has the ilvl garbage on them, and inventory -1. All about that crit rate.
 Siren.Veritryy
By Siren.Veritryy 2014-07-19 12:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Crit rate caps though. And honestly, there's a point where if your base damage isn't high WHEN you crit, there isn't a point in critting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-19 12:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's an assbackward way to look at it, but hey, no one can make you use the right gear. Only hurting yourself.
 Siren.Veritryy
By Siren.Veritryy 2014-07-19 12:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The 'right gear' is all based upon what you're doing at the time. But if you want to be a complete *** *** about it, go ahead. :D I was simply stating a fact. A 50% crit rate with 40 dex isn't going to win over a 48% crit rate with 108 dex.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-19 12:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a pretty stupid comparison. But like I said, continue gimping yourself, no one cares bro. In every and any scenario plunder's > pillager's. Even in abyssea.

MAYBE If you need the acc, like severely, talking maybe Tojil with zero buffs.
 Siren.Veritryy
By Siren.Veritryy 2014-07-19 12:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

:D I will. And continue seeing my parse numbers higher while you drones continue to use the spreadsheet as your bibles. :D Because perfect scenarios happen constantly in real gameplay. :D
[+]
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-19 14:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Veritryy said: »
Crit rate caps though.

The dDex portion caps at 15%; the overall crit rate caps at 100%. Without atma, you're only ever likely to cap crit rate with Rogue's Roll at ~3000 TP, which is an unrealistic usage scenario. +crit rate in gear is virtually always going to be useful.

Regarding the remainder of the comparison, it doesn't require spreadsheets, it just requires that you understand the basic math that goes into calculating damage. It also doesn't require 'perfect' scenarios for DPS calculations, because you're not calculating DPS; you're just calculating one component -- weaponskill damage -- and it's very easy to manage the realistic boundaries of the values that affect that.

Pillager+1 vs Plunderer+1 is:
2% crit damage, 20 acc
vs
7 str (4-5 att, 1.75 fStr), 2 dex (1 base damage), 4% crit rate

Assuming dDex was already capped with Pillager+1 (to maximize the value of the crit damage, and negate the dDex advantage Plunderer+1 has), and that you had something like +10% crit rate and +9% crit damage in gear, plus the base weaponskill crit rate, the remaining 2% crit damage you get from Pillager+1 works out to about +1.0% weaponskill damage, up to about +1.2% at 1500 TP (maybe up to +1.3% at low cRatios).

2-3 base damage from WSC and fStr with Plunderer+1 should be somewhere in the range of +0.75% to +1.2% weaponskill damage (assuming total base damage of around 260). However, worst case, you don't get anything from fStr; so, minimum is roughly +0.40% weaponskill damage solely from WSC. 4 att (if not capped) is also about another +0.25% damage (after accounting for crit rate and different relative gains), though that might also be capped. And 4% crit rate is worth around 2.5% to 3% damage, depending on cRatio (lower value as you approach att cap).

Overall, Plunderer+1 is worth between +2.9% and +4.5% weaponskill damage compared to the neutral baseline, vs the (best case) +1.3% from Pillager+1. Also, add a small bit more to the Plunderer+1 value if Ambush comes into play.

Really quite clear which will give higher averages, though of course if acc matters, Pillager+1 wins easily.

Also, if you're comparing Pillager+1 to Plunderer NQ (since the HQ is far more expensive to make than the Pillager+1), Pillager+1 wins (should be obvious), but in NQ vs NQ Plunderer wins again.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 262 263 264