First Page 2 3 ... 216 217 218 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-26 01:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
Any reason why would you not swap out a herc body with wsdmg and dex for unstacked rudras?

You would.

EDIT: Originally I said some stuff here about my current herc body being dedicated to my aeolian edge build and not owning a second one yet. Apparently I had more domain invasion points saved than I thought so I was able to pick up a second herc vest as soon as I got home. Got a pretty solid augment from Oseem on it too. No attack but I'll take it.

Oh my god don't waste your DI points on that ***, just send me a damn tell.
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-02-26 08:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a buddy run neak on thf solo with trusts so I can show the process to someone else I play with all the time but i figured i would post it here since its apparently extremely hard/near impossible for thf to do from what i was told by a different thf. Dont worry though my friend kicks his rear even while making mistakes like forgetting to reapply sushi, as well as forgetting a to spam jas, or being hume instead of taru. This was also his first attempt without much prep. So here it is. Enjoy the fight everyone.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ehpik 2020-02-26 20:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ladyofhonor, is your Extenerator set up to date? I’m looking to 4step(or more), Ext > Rudra > Evis > Rudra and need an Extenerator build. Or is there a better multi step besides Rudra > Evis > Rudra?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-26 22:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehpik said: »
Ladyofhonor, is your Extenerator set up to date? I’m looking to 4step(or more), Ext > Rudra > Evis > Rudra and need an Extenerator build. Or is there a better multi step besides Rudra > Evis > Rudra?

Depends on what you're using. With Twashtar I don't think multi-stepping is really worth it, MAYBE the 3 step with Evisceration, but Exen almost certainly won't be worth it. If you're using another mainhand, like Aeneas, it's probably still worth doing Exen > Rudra > Evisc > Rudra.

And I'm really unsure what my Exen set is these days, my FFXIAH sets almost certainly isn't updated, but Exen doesn't scale damage with TP, is an AGI mod, doesn't crit, we cap ACC well...there isn't a whole lot you can really do to make Exen shine in damage.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-26 22:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty much 5/5 meg or mummu depending on attack requirements tbh, not a whole lot of anything you can get in there really. relic+3 not a terrible choice either. You likely need attack if exenterator is any kind of consideration for your scenario.

My set is just 5/5 Meg, which I would replace with relic+3 5/5 if I wanted to spend 200m on it. with ilabrat/regal, fotia x2 and a caitsith stone.... infused/dawn earrings because ppfft there really isn't anything else lol
By Ehpik 2020-02-27 06:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Best. News. Ever.

Thank you. =)
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-27 07:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The only realistic reason you should ever want to use exenterator is to get aftermath up when you're mainhanding Aeneas. It's scaling is so far behind evisceration, rudra's storm, and mandalic stab it isn't even in contention for damage. If you absolutely need to make light skillchain you're better off setting up something revolving around mandalic stab or even shark bite than exenterator.

Exenterator -- 4 hits, 1.0 fTP mod, cannot crit, 100% AGI mod

Evisceration -- 5 hits, 1.25 fTP mod, can crit, 50% dex mod

The only thing it has going for it is a slightly higher stat mod, but it's agility rather than dexterity and our gear is naturally dex heavy. The critical hit factor pushes evisceration leagues ahead of exenterator. The evisceration sets people posted on the previous page have baseline critical hit rates around 70% and critial hit damage mods of 35% or better. Exenterator can never come close to matching that.
[+]
By Vanelle 2020-02-29 01:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been wondering, if I wanted to so some spreadsheet modeling would Verda's from https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36654/for-the-shinies-a-guide-for-thief/153/#3222781 be the best bet or is there a more up to date one? Also in the case I wanted to test in game numbers what would be the best kind of mobs to use as a baseline?

All these Dark Matter augs, have made me interested in what the break points are for stats.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 00:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Neat

They have .1% drop rates, literally .1% drop rates listed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-03-10 01:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

But if you work hard and apply that TH 12-14 - its over 1%

Wepa~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-03-10 03:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen bodies aren't impacted by TH, though.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-03-10 04:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
1. You can still have a base drop rate, which is it?
2. How to you know that?

Because it's the same drop slot. TH, as far as everything they have given us (and nothing today countered it) only impacts if something drops. Omen bodies take the place of the 2nd scale or other drops, it's not an additional slot.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-03-10 05:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 1/450 for Ashera Harness, so around that.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-10 09:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming drop rates within a slot follow the same categories (not confirmed, and requires coding for "leftover" items like scale and pixie esrring to be treated slightly differently), I would guess body is Super Rare and the other equipment are Common.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-10 09:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Treasure hunter affects drop quantity, but does not affect drop quality. If an item slot has more than one thing that can load, treasure hunter does not affect which item is chosen when that slot does load. It merely influences the chance the slot loads if it is less than 100%. Omen bodies share the same drop slot as the second scale, so it's the same issue with defending ring versus pixie earring. If the drop slot has a 100% load rate, then treasure hunter has zero effect.

Treasure hunter helps with quantity -- Does the second scale slot load?

Treasure hunter does NOT affect quality -- Does that slot load the second scale, or does it load into the omen body instead?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Crossbones 2020-03-10 13:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If TH doesn't effect D ring why would it work on omen bodies? Same concept unless I'm mistaken?
By Taint 2020-03-10 13:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
If TH doesn't effect D ring why would it work on omen bodies? Same concept unless I'm mistaken?

Dring and the crap earring shared a drop slot. You always got one or the other.

1 of the following: G

Defending Ring V
Pixie Earring C
By Crossbones 2020-03-10 13:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's what I'm asking. With omen bosses you always get one scale, then the gear share the same slot? So either you get another scale or gear but they share the same slot.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-03-10 14:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the key takeaway from the whole TH revelation is that never in 100 years could we have figured out the model, because there were no rules for how +1 TH affected anything universally. If you knew what drop flag an item was under, you could possibly map out that drop relative to TH, but that information would never translate over to anything meaningful for any other category of drop.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 14:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Even when you know the actual, literal chance. it's still simply 50% it either drops or it doesn't.
 Asura.Nyarlko
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2020-03-10 18:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

At least now we know that TH has a greater impact than most figured. ^^;;

I feel gipped on TH13-14 though.. It just feels like they should be greater increases than 11>12 due to how we unlock 'em and how hard they are to proc. :/
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 18:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadn't even thought of it that way, cause, you know, that would make sense. Instead of the spike at the front, the spike at the back.

But you can't do that because morons will hold mobs for hours waiting for 14 on everything. It's already insulting to give all jobs TH4 when 1-4 make a larger impact than 5-9 or 10+

I still think that Treasure Hunter for anything "rare" shouldn't exist in the first place and re-god-dam-diculous drop rates shouldn't be a thing either. TH should be for "farming" not for turning .1% into .2%

...But those carrots are delicious, right?
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-10 19:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It is probably a custom, they have used THF the same way in many FF games.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 19:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no such thing as "increasing drop rate" in any other game. (mostly) I mean, paying for higher chance of loot box rewards is basically treasure hunter.

Thieves. STEAL. They don't loot corpses.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 216 217 218 ... 262 263 264