First Page 2 3 ... 214 215 216 ... 262 263 264
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-03 04:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
TH 1/2/3 show as specific traits for THF, so I'm betting they give set enhancements, and then TH 4-14 act more like a "gear" improvement. Like how say Inquartata improves by 2% per trait level, but +1 from gear is only 1% each.

Has there been a test of whether non-THF TH4 from gear acts the same as if a THF has +1 from gear?

I too would like to know if this has been tested. As LOH said, TH 1 and 2 are very distinct “re-roll” effects so would TH4 non-THF have the same Re-Rolls? Or only the +4% (Theorized) from gear?
By Ozaii 2020-01-05 03:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello thfs! I have a question on thf subtle blow sets and if they are a thing.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-05 04:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »

I thought about this myself, soloing, if it was worth it or not. never really got around to it... but you can cap out with minimal dps losses. or at least raise your current SB set in 1 or 2 places without any big sacrifices. (TA aug on the herc feet)

There's obviously Volte pieces too
ItemSet 370524
Bathy Choker has a lot of SB, but zero stp/xa/acc/att etc
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-01-05 11:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ozaii said: »

I thought about this myself, soloing, if it was worth it or not. never really got around to it... but you can cap out with minimal dps losses. or at least raise your current SB set in 1 or 2 places without any big sacrifices. (TA aug on the herc feet)

There's obviously Volte pieces too
ItemSet 370524
Bathy Choker has a lot of SB, but zero stp/xa/acc/att etc
This is awesome thanks my dudes.
By trinironnie 2020-01-06 12:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone link me to a page with gearsets
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2020-01-06 13:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

trinironnie said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Thief_Guide

It’s a great guide, has progressive gear sets laid out.
[+]
By trinironnie 2020-01-06 16:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bayonette said: »
trinironnie said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Thief_Guide

It’s a great guide, has progressive gear sets laid out.
Thank you!
By mhomho 2020-01-09 04:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a cap on how much treasure hunter in gear you can wear? If I wear 10TH in gear would I get TH14 proc on first treasure hunter proc? Is that the max?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-01-09 04:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The total cap for the initial TH application for main job thieves is 8, otherwise everyone would be doing what you're describing.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-09 06:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to proc the mob with higher TH more often/more reliably, you'll want to wear TH gear - procs become more difficult to obtain based on the difference between the current TH proc and your total TH in traits/gear.
By mhomho 2020-01-09 07:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So master Thief with 2 Gandring and Plunder's Armlet's is fine for proc'ing TH? This is for farming Lilith on VE.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-09 08:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The current working theory is that as long as you have TH gear over your currently proc'd TH on the mob you have the maximum rate of proc, so in theory, you should have max proc rate all the way up to 14 with that yeah.
By mhomho 2020-01-09 09:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-01-26 17:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Odr earring good for anything else other than evis?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-26 17:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

BiS Mug!

Mug with no buffs getting close to 900, 1000+ in escha
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-01-26 18:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Is Odr earring good for anything else other than evis?

I assume you probably mean for THF, but for other jobs it also has uses. I'm using it for NIN Blade: Shun/Metsu/Hi, it's BiS for RNG Jishnu's Radiance, probably great for Chant du Cygne, I'm sure there are other uses...

I'm playing with it in crit focused TP sets too, which might have some use for THF (either Twash taking advantage of AM3, or Tauret).
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-01-29 08:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How viable is a Tauret and/or Gandring THF? I dont feel like making a Twashtar and don't know when I'll be making another Aeonic.
By SimonSes 2020-01-29 08:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
How viable is a Tauret and/or Gandring THF? I dont feel like making a Twashtar and don't know when I'll be making another Aeonic.

Tauret THF is as much viable as THF can be.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-29 09:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I use my Kaja Knife (haven't gotten a pulse weapon) over my Aeneas honestly. Very little difference in Rudra's (Kaja more consistent imo), and Evisceration gets a huge boost.

Only time I use Aeneas right now is when I need Exenterator for SC (Lilith), but even then I've found Evisceration spam much better than trying to do Evisceration > Exenterator > Mandalic Stab > Exenterator.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-01-29 09:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! I have soooo much gear for THF already and figured if Tauret was good enough I'd start working on the JSE gear.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-29 11:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone compared Tauret Evis spam vs Aeonic: Ex > Rudra > Evis > Rudra?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-29 13:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

First I'd compare Tauret Ex > Rudra > Evis > Rudra to Aeonic of the same. I don't think you'd really need to compare to Aeonic after that, it would just be a question of whether Evis spam would beat the SC.
[+]
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2020-02-05 17:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fresh back from another break. Wanted to try the Odin HTBF on VE on my thf. I read through the forum posts on the fight, and saw that a few ppl had been doing VE runs on thf, but there wasn’t mention of setup and whatnot.

Has anyone here done it on thf solo with trusts? Who are good trusts to take? Subjob recommendations? Any dos and do nots to be aware of? I will try the fight anyway, just wanted to get any advice if I could as well. Doesn’t hurt to ask right.

Thanks.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-06 04:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silvannesti said: »
Fresh back from another break. Wanted to try the Odin HTBF on VE on my thf. I read through the forum posts on the fight, and saw that a few ppl had been doing VE runs on thf, but there wasn’t mention of setup and whatnot.

Has anyone here done it on thf solo with trusts? Who are good trusts to take? Subjob recommendations? Any dos and do nots to be aware of? I will try the fight anyway, just wanted to get any advice if I could as well. Doesn’t hurt to ask right.

Thanks.

Page 211.
Don’t do VE, do E.
Use the “Gyve-Gimp” method
Wide variety of trust options but Tank, Healer(s), Supports
Wins are brain dead easy.
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2020-02-06 17:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Thanks.

Page 211.
Don’t do VE, do E.

I wasn’t talking about Maiden of the Dusk I was talking about A Stygian Pact.

I did a handful of runs on VE, some wins some losses when the trusts are K.Oed. Will try some On the next difficulty up next time. Though still interested to hear what others have done as thf on this fight.
By trinironnie 2020-02-06 18:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

2 mobs away from AEonic, have the gil for a SU5 dagger. Would it be a good combo? Which should be main / offhand?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-06 19:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't really want to use THF Su5 at all. Not particularly a good mainhand or offhand. Accomplishes mostly nothing as an offhand (hp+) and pales in comparison to Aneas or Tauret.

Lots of reasonable combos, EMA Tauret mainhand - tpbonus twash taming tauret offhands

TH should ideally be accomplished in gear instead of weapon, if that was a concern and not an option su4 dagger isn't terrible.
[+]
By trinironnie 2020-02-06 19:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You don't really want to use THF Su5 at all. Not particularly a good mainhand or offhand. Accomplishes mostly nothing as an offhand (hp+) and pales in comparison to Aneas or Tauret.

Lots of reasonable combos, EMA Tauret mainhand - tpbonus twash taming tauret offhands

TH should ideally be accomplished in gear instead of weapon, if that was a concern and not an option su4 dagger isn't terrible.
THank you!
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2020-02-06 20:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Thanks.

Page 211.
Don’t do VE, do E.

I am not sure what you mean by the method, could you elaborate please? Thanks!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-06 21:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's using a TP-battery. Common strat, like meleeing a weak mob to get tp to hit a boss.

Gyves can't use tp moves, so you build tp on them and eviscerate lilith so you minimize her ability to kill you.

(this can cause other issues, like maintaining enmity on lilith without being able to melee her via provoke or flourish etc, can lead to trust whms getting wrecked) Just something to be mindful of.
First Page 2 3 ... 214 215 216 ... 262 263 264