For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-07-26 02:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
Okay so I've been having a problem lately with my macros. Right now when I want to sneak attack or trick attack with a weaponskill my macros for it is

/ja "sneak attack" <me> <wait 1>
/ws "Rudra's storm" <t>

only for some reason now when I do it, it will only do the sneak attack and then tell me I can't use my weaponskill. Anyone know why I would suddenly start having this problem?

I wouldn't macro them together. I have a macro for just sneak attack, and a macro for just trick attack. Then a macro for Rudra's, and a macro for evisceration. I stack them at will and interchangeably.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-07-26 06:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Ulthakptah said: »
Okay so I've been having a problem lately with my macros. Right now when I want to sneak attack or trick attack with a weaponskill my macros for it is

/ja "sneak attack" <me> <wait 1>
/ws "Rudra's storm" <t>

only for some reason now when I do it, it will only do the sneak attack and then tell me I can't use my weaponskill. Anyone know why I would suddenly start having this problem?

I wouldn't macro them together. I have a macro for just sneak attack, and a macro for just trick attack. Then a macro for Rudra's, and a macro for evisceration. I stack them at will and interchangeably.
I have both. (Since my THF exists for TH alone, though I have AC tied to the multihit ones.)
Honestly, Ulthakptah, I can't see why that happens to you since I use almost identical:
/equipset ## echo
/jobability "<<Sneak Attack>>" <me> <wait 1>
/weaponskill "<<Rudra's Storm>>" <t>

The only thing I can think of that would be disrupting... Would be if you're using some third party tool that messes with packets.
Or you didn't unlock Rudra's.
Or you did a typo (though I think that's generic error message not WS)...
But if I had to guess, money would be on some plugin you are using.

EDIT: Or you jumped the gun and didn't have the TP...
OR you are swapping a ranged weapon. That resets your TP. (Ammos are ok, but boomerangs and chakrams and such are not.)
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-27 02:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Got and maxed out a Nibiru Knife and put it in the spreadsheets also updated bg-wiki with the info that a JP friend helped me get.

Nibiru Knife Path C barely beats out Jugo Kukri +1 on my spreadsheet (talking less than 1 dps), however it shows the rounds a ws is a bit less, and it also shows my stacked rudra hit quite a bit harder. Basically you lose out white damage for a harder WS. Which is good if you're doing skillchains and that would make nibiru knife the new champion of thf offhand. It lacks accuracy compared to other options tho so choose wisely :)
Ipetam Acc/Att+15, STR/Dex+15, Crit Dmg+5% is inferior offhand?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-27 02:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does TH need a direct action on the target to be applied? Or is being in the target's enmity list enough to apply TH on it?
Doing an action (Collaborator/Accomplice etc) on a player who performed a direct action on the target counts as direct action or not?
By geigei 2015-07-27 03:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ipetam is main only, best i found is Ipetam acc/att-wsdmg-dmg and offhand nibiruC.

But thats only 50dps more than odium/izhi which are free, mandau/jugo+1 still looking strong on trash?
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-07-27 09:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Ipetam is main only, best i found is Ipetam acc/att-wsdmg-dmg and offhand nibiruC.

But thats only 50dps more than odium/izhi which are free, mandau/jugo+1 still looking strong on trash?

What happened to ipetam (dmg15, acc/attk 15~20, wsd 3~4%) and izh (shark dagger) combo? I thought that beat jugo all day.
By geigei 2015-07-27 10:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jugo+1 bring melee dps up, if acc not needed.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-07-27 10:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So it is safe to assume the highet the content the worse jugo preforms.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-07-27 11:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Omnijuggernaut said: »
So it is safe to assume the highet the content the worse jugo preforms.

Correct. For low lvl content, daggers like Jugo +1 or even Ternion +1 will have an edge due to the better delay/ta combination. Even a 228 skill + Accuracy dagger will offer slightly higher accuracy than a Jugo+1 with its 242 skill and no extra acc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2015-07-28 15:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen a little conflict here and curious about a few things if you guys want to spare me a few minutes of your time.

1. I'm currently using Rancor Mantle as my back for Rudras, saw a few pages to use Canny.. Assuming 5 Dex (I guess, they didn't mention). Is Canny really the best Rudras back? I'm guessing Rancor is still worth something unstacked, but worthless when stacked?

2. Similarly, wouldn't Plunders+1 body beat out Pillagers+1 when unstacked? I see Pillagers as marginally better, but in a perfect set.. having plunderers for unstacked and pillagers for stacked is probably going to perform better?

3. I saw the 3k TP Rudras set (few pages back) showing the 4dex earrings (Jupiters iirc), on normal Rudras.. will moonshade and brutal outperform those?

4. Love Torque is really worth it? Seem like Fotia or Justiciars would be better just from the stat eyeballing.. does that little bit of dagger skill really make an impact?

Thanks in advance for your time.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-28 15:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Rancor is worthless for Rudra's altogether. It's crit rate, and Rudra's cannot crit unless forced with SA/TA, so the crit rate adds literally nothing. People want the Canny for the crit damage + augment.

2. No, again, you're operating under the false assumption that Rudra's can natively crit. Pure crit damage will win out with Pillager's when you stack. Otherwise, stack the *** out of DEX and attack.

3. If you're at capped TP, why are you adding more TP with moonshade?? And no, multi attacks are only meh for Rudra's.

4. Yes, Love torque is worth it. You want the DEX and the dagger skill is great. Fotia is nice for those occasional times when TP is not depleted, but otherwise Love is superior.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-28 16:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rancor is only good for Evisceration. Canny can potentially get DEX up to 5, and Crit Damage up to 3, so it becomes the best for stacked, and very potent for unstacked. kayapa cape also works as a cheap alternative. cavaros mantle does better than Kayapa for stacked WSs, generally.

In terms of WS bodies, for stacked, the ranking seems to be enforcer's harness > rawhide vest (A15) > plunderer's vest +1 = pillager's vest +1 > taeon tabard regardless of augments > anything else. Unstacked, Rawhide A15 has an uncontested lead.

Brutal makes little difference on WSs like Rudra's since the extra hits amount to about the same damage from a normal non-crit swing. Moonshade is always going to be best unless you're at 3000% TP. Barring these, DEX earrings like Jupiters, etc. are your best bet. Up to you if it's worth the inventory and gil value, of course.

Love Torque is extremely well rounded, I'd recommend it if you don't intend to use Fotia.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2015-07-28 16:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
3. If you're at capped TP, why are you adding more TP with moonshade?? And no, multi attacks are only meh for Rudra's.

Maybe I misstated the question there. You answered it though, so essentially the best set of earrings is Jupiter and Moonshade (unless you're doing 3k tp rudras.. which don't)

Thanks for everything else.. it was mostly as I thought, and a few minor tweaks away from perfecting my sets.
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-07-28 21:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

any reason to use/have Exenterator?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-29 01:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Exenterator for SC purposes, specifically in solo WKRs and Ceizak Delve.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-07-29 01:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I use Exenterator for SC purposes, specifically in solo WKRs and Ceizak Delve.

Was pretty much just thinking I should re-spec it for this reason. Though almost done Idris so if no new WKR event next month I won't be doing WKR's for a while...
By Boshi 2015-08-05 09:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

New reforge neptunal legs:

Lustrario Subligar +1
Def121 hp28 Dex35 Attack+38 Slow+15%
Set: Increases Weapon Skill DMG

Current highest dex legs in game are what like 11 or 12 dex?
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-08-05 09:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Some how I think that is a typo and it's meant to be strength.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Mrxdemix
user: Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-08-08 17:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to thank you for this guide. As a fresh 99 THF it has been very helpful.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-08 17:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This guide is heavily outdated. I've strongly considered making a new one.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-08-08 18:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
This guide is heavily outdated. I've strongly considered making a new one.

Let's start a +s collection for motivational purposes!
Do it.
Do it.
Do it.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-08-08 18:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shijo augments are

A) DMG+15 STR+15 ATK+15
B) DMG+15 STR+15 ACC+10
C) DMG+15 ACC+15 ATK+15
D) TripleAttack+3 Dualwield+5 DEX+15
[+]