Last Resort Adjustment.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Last Resort adjustment.
Last Resort adjustment.
First Page 2 3
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-01-11 22:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Slycer said:
Hello!

Thanks for all your responses regarding battle mechanics.

[...]

About Dark Knight
I have been reviewing discussion threads such as "Is Dark Knight too strong?" and I realize as I commented at Vana'fest that they have become stronger over time. At the same time, we put off many of the adjustments that were initially considered, but many people remembered these and were still interested.

For Dark Knight, we plan to make adjustments to Last Resort and Desperate Blows.

In the current situation, for all jobs, the equipment/magic haste maximum is the same. However, as far as abilities go, Desperate Blows is, by far, the highest value of all of them.

If we simply reduced the value of Desperate Blows then it would just become weaker, so, instead, we will reduce the value of Desperate Blows but also move some percentage of the haste effect to Last Resort:

Current status:
* Desperate Blows Haste maximum +25% (assuming 5 merits)
Adjustment:
* Desperate Blows: Haste maximum +10% (assuming 5 merits)
* Last Resort: Haste +15%

To clarify, we will make this adjustment so that the haste is effective even if you have your sub job set to Dark Knight.

Presently, it's difficult to imagine a situation in which someone would choose dark knight as a sub job. However, I think after this adjustment, a number of new possibilities will be opened up to allow it to be considered.

/ragequit
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-11 22:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't see this as ragequit worthy. It's not even a nerf. You should be more worried about one hander level correction changes.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-11 22:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

OP your char was last scanned 21 months ago.. Did you rage quit nearly 2 years ago already?
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2013-01-11 22:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get it, so this won't actually hurt Drk in any way but instead make it a better SJ?
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2013-01-11 22:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't a nerf, this is a buff to drk 15-75.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-01-11 23:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah I'm just being a facetious DRK hipster. DRK as a viable subjob? Other jobs getting JA haste source? Incoming arguments about not bothering with 5/5 Desperate Blows when haste is capped?

Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-11 23:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a waste of their time.

Nothing wrong with what they are doing, but it's such a waste of time.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-01-11 23:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that I've had some coffee I can cut the satire. Pretty much only results in every Rag owner leveling/switching to WAR/DRK for short MS zergs just for 1.25% haste. Everything else 2-handed stays the same because WARs want their 5-hits. DNC/DRK is looking nice though.

Haste categories need to be unstacked and their caps relieved a little. That'd make some real difference in this game.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-12 08:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I 100% disagree. Haste is what completely unbalances this game. From a long term perspective haste should be scaled back or calculated differently.

The LR changes don't effect DRK at all. WAR was already way better for zergs. SAM can already hit the haste cap with embrava/marches. One handers probably won't get any use from it. (speculation but its not a big deal for them either with DW)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-12 08:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I wouldn't enjoy seeing any nerf to DRK, it would never stop me from playing the job.

If you're a true Dark Knight, you would make up for the lack of a few % on your precious parses by other means. People only jumped on the DRK bandwagon because of Resolution, personally I think they should scale back resolution and make entropy better, seen as Scythe is meant to be DRK's main weapon anyway.

DRK as a subjob? Why not, it happened in the past, but for completely different reasons.
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2013-01-12 09:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread makes me el oh el for reals
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-01-12 09:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
As much as I wouldn't enjoy seeing any nerf to DRK, it would never stop me from playing the job. If you're a true Dark Knight, you would make up for the lack of a few % on your precious parses by other means. People only jumped on the DRK bandwagon because of Resolution, personally I think they should scale back resolution and make entropy better, seen as Scythe is meant to be DRK's main weapon anyway. DRK as a subjob? Why not, it happened in the past, but for completely different reasons.

I agree completely. DRK has been my secondary job for many years, then with me finally obtaining the Ragnarok i been wanting for just as long, became my primary job. I will play drk regardless of changes to the job and Resolution till i quit the game, hence why i am not building apocalypse. If they do make scythe viable again, buffing entropy or what ever, then i will simply be happy and use scythe more often then simply to bypass some physical immunity (i'm looking at you invincible) with twilight scythe or proc in voidwatch.

To be perfectly honest, if this makes more people get off drk and jump onto some other job, then i welcome this with open arms.
 Bahamut.Ascadia
Server: Bahamut
user: Ascadia
By Bahamut.Ascadia 2013-01-12 09:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SE logic: Dark Knight is becoming too strong. We should totally increase its viability as a subjob (and simultaneously make it even stronger at lower levels) while leaving the LR-DB combined haste % unchanged for higher levels.

What? We're actually doing something. What more do you people want from us?

But seriously, lessen the gap between resolution and entropy. That way, they could satisfy the nerf-happy crowd (which I still don't believe is a thing that exists) while giving us a reason to use scythe outside of solo/farming.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-12 10:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people think this is a nerf to DRK? Nothing is changing for DRK.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-01-12 10:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SE: People are saying DRK is overpowered, so we're giving a very indirect buff to other jobs by letting you take advantage of one of DRK's strengths.

DRKs: SE WRY YOU NERF DRK?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-01-12 10:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

true, not a nerf to drk at all.

Like i said, i just hope this will let people get off drk and maybe full time war, since everyone seems to think war is better for zerg than drk, which is true if you want to through mighty strikes into it all the time, but that will derail the thread. Maybe they will full time war now with drk sub to squeeze out more damage for zergs on might strikes mobs.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2013-01-12 10:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bandwagoners don't want to change jobs again and freak at every mention of a change to drk.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-12 10:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kraken RNG sub. Gain useful haste, ditch the DA from /war, and don't completely sacrifice berserk's attack. Can't see anything better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-01-12 10:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing i am still very thankful for and will never complain about, even if they do a true nerf to it, is the fact that they raised the duration of LR from a mear 30 seconds to the full 3 minutes it lasts now, which lets be honest with this "buff" to last resort would make it more attractive than berserk for some jobs.

Again though, this is not going to affect drk in any way
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-12 10:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Kraken RNG sub. Gain useful haste, ditch the DA from /war, and don't completely sacrifice berserk's attack. Can't see anything better.
Lose fencer also, unfortunately. Not as big a deal as some make it out to be, though.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-12 10:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Lose fencer also, unfortunately. Not as big a deal as some make it out to be, though.

Also if Desperate blows\LR haste stays the way it currently works, it's only for 2handers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-12 10:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you take it literally, the 15% haste should be just added to last resort while desperate blows will maintain it's special properties. I can't see the point leaving it 2h only, because /SAM will generally be a better choice. I guess you're right though, we'll have to see. It's not like SE's post makes it very clear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-01-12 10:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you take it literally, the 15% haste should be just added to last resort while desperate blows will maintain it's special properties. I can't see the point leaving it 2h only, because /SAM will generally be a better choice. I guess you're right though, we'll have to see. It's not like SE's post makes it very clear.

It will be interesting to see how samurai take this. Hasso with its 10% haste and with this buff to last resort, 15%, that gives sam capped job ability haste, unless my math is wrong. interesting times ahead indeed.
By Kyler 2013-01-12 13:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really wanted the little extra delay cap on war there has always been sword strap, with AF3+2 legs on sam, you can already reach delay reduction cap. This really just doesn't do anything except maybe niche uses to make samurai much more annoying and drg a little better (but still not really competitive).

1 hand changes ^ much more interesting
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2013-01-12 13:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

kraken ranger going to make you all cry so bad QQ
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-12 13:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I 100% disagree. Haste is what completely unbalances this game. From a long term perspective haste should be scaled back or calculated differently.

The LR changes don't effect DRK at all. WAR was already way better for zergs. SAM can already hit the haste cap with embrava/marches. One handers probably won't get any use from it. (speculation but its not a big deal for them either with DW)

It gives DNC the ability to swing at the delay cap 60% of the time solo. I jury-rigged a LR DNC DPS spreadsheet and the results are pretty impressive.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-12 13:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »

Niche setup is Niche.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-12 13:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

It gives DNC the ability to swing at the delay cap 60% of the time solo. I jury-rigged a LR DNC spreadsheet and DPS numbers for DNC and the results are pretty impressive.

Byrth had it all mathed out yesterday and yes DNC would be the big winnher. 30-50% dps increase. I personnally don't see them extending the JA haste to 1 handers. It will be a DB/Hasso 2hd haste.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-12 13:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll see when they make the update (Or respond).
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2013-01-12 14:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »

Niche setup is Niche.

Why do you think I have a rag :(
First Page 2 3