2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 209 210 211 ... 224 225 226
By Aricomfy 2022-02-10 07:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

4 more Mog Wardrobes, boys. Now we're finally able to play a second job.
[+]
 Cerberus.Caius
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2022-02-10 09:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Below ~1700 TP use lots of Sakpata, over 2K use full WSD set, in space in between can go either way.

Impulse is a two hit WS where the first hit scales like Savage Blade, and like Savage Blade it stops off with low fTP at 1K.

do you just pay attention and have 2 different WS macros for this? or does your lua react based on tp?
 Asura.Lavid
Server: Asura
user: Lavid
By Asura.Lavid 2022-02-10 23:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

so Ive read gone through the last 30-40 pages, to familiarize myself again with all this stuff. Kinda trying to summarize so please correct me if im wrong lol

Seems Sakpata is the "blanket" as it was sort of referred to. Easy/safe TP. But there are still other options out there if you dont need all the DT.

I'm not really expecting to have any of this odyssey gear Ranked anytime soon. So where do they stack up un-augmented? Assuming the Nyame is not worth it without the augments and the Sakpata is probably just good with TP? Also same with the Schere earring and Coiste Bodhar Worth anything without augs?
By Nariont 2022-02-11 00:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

even unaugmented sakpata is very strong TP as well as WS if PDL can be applied, it's not simply the DT as it is the globs of meva that make avoiding status debuffs/reduce magical dmg all the easier.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-02-11 04:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is more situational than ever before with Odyssey gear.
Huge amount of pdl is either powerful when you cap attack with it or does nothing when you don't. On most jobs you can't really optimize your WS sets without splitting them into attack capped and uncapped. It also applies to tp sets in some degree. Sałata is not only meva/DT tp set for WAR. It's also in some cases (Ukonvasara AM3 for example) bis DPS tp sets, because of massive boost to white damage. So there is no easy answer to "what's best WS set for X?" Because bis now is split to capped attack, uncapped attack and sometimes also to tp thresholds on top of that.
[+]
By Lederic 2022-02-11 12:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an updated Chango TP and Fencer TP set?
 Asura.Zutang
user: zingus
By Asura.Zutang 2022-02-17 11:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lederic said: »
Is there an updated Chango TP and Fencer TP set?

This is what I am using for Fencer TP right now (obv I need some Omen cards)

ItemSet 383758
By fillerbunny9 2022-02-17 13:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I am looking to optimize a Sanguine Blade set in case ***hits the fan. this is what I am looking at setting up:

ItemSet 383761
INT/MAcc/Att/WSD +10% for cape
are there any suggestions/alternatives?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-17 13:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Orpheus Sash
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2022-02-17 13:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Orpheus Sash
derp, I KNEW there was something better than Fotia somewhere.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-17 14:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Knobkierrie.

Also switch Moonshade for Novio or Thrud (I'd have to math whether 7 MAB beats 3 WSDMG for your set).
 Bahamut.Khelder
Server: Bahamut
user: Jorel85
By Bahamut.Khelder 2022-02-22 01:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep seeing requests for updated fencer sets. I've put together a few I think are current and viable. If anyone wants to put out sets with ironclad numbers that would be wonderful! I'm not a math whiz just a long time WAR.

ItemSet 380527

Generic TP Fencer set. This set has room to grow but is a great standard Fencer TP set.

ItemSet 383691

A more evolved Fencer TP set.
102% dbl atk at Master WAR.
41% dbl atk dmg bonus. (Assumes Fully Augmented Sakpata's Helm.)

Hetaroi Ring can be used instead of Petrov.

Tatenashi gote (aug'd) vs Sakpata's gloves (unaugmented)
gote offter +15 dex +11 acc more & triple atk instead of dbl atk

You can replace the gote with fully augmented Sakpata's by trading out the War. Bead neck +1/+2 for Vim Torque +1 augmented. This is almost certainly a DPS increase as it is more defensively stable, maintains dbl atk cap, approx +40 atk and gives about 14 more STP while only losing a few accuracy and the 4% triple atk.

You shouldn't NEED the Petrov ring to maintain 100% but sakpata's gloves do have 1 less dbl atk than the +2 war beads neck, something to keep in mind.
[+]
 Bahamut.Khelder
By Bahamut.Khelder 2022-02-22 02:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I separated this section incase a moderator wants to move it. I think it's relevant though.

ItemSet 382212
I haven't seen any builds for using the ambu. HTH Karambit. I find this a little surprising. I prioritized Hjarrandi Breastplate due to it's 10 STP -12 DT and it's 13% Crit rate as an easy swap to improve the +50 STP proc'ing. Triple atk is also more potent while using these H2H; as it is another chance to proc +50 STP. Blood rage is very useful for the TP'ing phase.

It's fun and it's pretty effective! I've personally used it in odyssey and in gaol against the shark, I was the only DD, it died in about 3 minutes (maybe that's slow? idk it died). The H2H skill level for WAR does have it's limitations but it's still way faster TP gain than Fencer WAR with no subjob.

I do use Asuran Fists as my primary WS. Mine usually are hitting between 18k to 29k with full buffs. The goal, in my opinion, is to WS at 1k TP as quickly as possible.

ItemSet 382209
Priority on Attack to help PDL activate. You likely are using Sublime Sushi already so focusing on ACC doesn't make as much sense.

Because you're likely going to miss 1 or 2 of those 8 hits. This is where most of the variable in Asuran Fists comes from. (it's really a consistent WS if you have sufficient ACC to overcome the skill gap.)

Someone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong (It's possible). But my understanding is that if you whiff during multi-hit ws's, Multi hit on any hit after that miss is able to proc up to the 8 hit limit.

(Correction: Multi-hit procs on the first two hits of ANY weaponskill. Thanks for clearing that up Auster.)

This is likely a wall of text so I'll stop here. I hope this helps some folks. Happy WAR smashing!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-02-22 04:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if ML30 war got a good ws dmg boost with /drk Dmg limit 3 ?

Edit : On att capped situations ofc. Just wondering if this sub could bring something interesting for war now
 Bahamut.Omegus
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2022-02-23 12:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i imagine one extra tier of PDL is going to be very negligible compared to losing 10% haste for 2 minutes of 5, even if your going fencer /drg would still be far better with 10% wsd you get @55
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-02-23 13:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Khelder said: »

Why does that matter on a 8 hit WS you ask? Because you're likely going to miss 1 or 2 of those 8 hits. This is where most of the variable in Asuran Fists comes from. (it's really a consistent WS if you have sufficient ACC to overcome the skill gap.)

Someone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong (It's possible). But my understanding is that if you whiff during multi-hit ws's, Multi hit on any hit after that miss is able to proc up to the 8 hit limit.

This is likely a wall of text so I'll stop here. I hope this helps some folks. Happy WAR smashing!

That is incorrect. Also, even if it theoretically did work (again, it doesn't), multi attack only activates on the first two swings of a WS.
By SimonSes 2022-02-23 13:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »

Edit : On att capped situations ofc. Just wondering if this sub could bring something interesting for war now

For zergs under 3 min it could be ok. LR has 15% JA haste and hasso 10%, so with LR you truly cap 80% haste cap. On the other hand with Berserk and LR your Def will be crap. I guess you might simply not use Berserk.

Still PDL III and that +1.25% haste to cap to 80% will be very close or maybe even worse than +20 store TP and 35% Zanshin.
By IGDC 2022-02-23 13:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »

For zergs under 3 min it could be ok. LR has 15% JA haste and hasso 10%, so with LR you truly cap 80% haste cap. On the other hand with Berserk and LR your Def will be crap. I guess you might simply not use Berserk.

Still PDL III and that +1.25% haste to cap to 80% will be very close or maybe even worse than +20 store TP and 35% Zanshin.

Edit: Nevermind. I read wrong and thought you were still talking about that guys H2H setup.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-02-23 13:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Crit rate is a priority in this set to help activate the latent
Don't gear specifically for crit. If you can get it with little to no sacrifices, sure, but it won't beat standard pieces in most cases.

35% Zanshin.
Zanshin is one of the worst traits, adnd if you have 100% DA, it won't activate anyways.
 Bahamut.Khelder
By Bahamut.Khelder 2022-02-23 17:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Crit rate is a priority in this set to help activate the latent
Don't gear specifically for crit. If you can get it with little to no sacrifices, sure, but it won't beat standard pieces in most cases.

35% Zanshin.
Zanshin is one of the worst traits, adnd if you have 100% DA, it won't activate anyways.

I completely agree about gearing CRIT rate as a priority; it's a bad idea for the TP'ing phase. I worded that portion of my post poorly. I'll edit it to put more emphasis on why to use Hjarrandi Breastplate instead of other alternatives.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-02-23 17:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

H2H on WAR would be terribad inside Gaol due to no /MNK for Martial Arts. Better to use just Loxotic Mace +1 with a fencer build and spam Judgement or Black Halo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Khelder
By Bahamut.Khelder 2022-02-23 18:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

Why does that matter on a 8 hit WS you ask? Because you're likely going to miss 1 or 2 of those 8 hits. This is where most of the variable in Asuran Fists comes from. (it's really a consistent WS if you have sufficient ACC to overcome the skill gap.)

That is incorrect. Also, even if it theoretically did work (again, it doesn't), multi attack only activates on the first two swings of a WS.

Ok, to ensure I wasn't just blowing smoke. I did some reviewing of several different pages on BGwiki to try and find a reference that supports your claim that this ISN'T accurate: Calculating weaponskill damage, multi-attack, double attack, fstr/fstr2, etc. I didn't find anything to support your declaration.

I did find that double attack can only proc twice in a weaponskill, which is generally accepted at truth.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Double_Attack
check the references on the bottom.

In that post Rkenshin actually talks about DA proc being capped to twice per weaponskill, but never states that the proc's are limited to the first 2 hits of a multi-hit weaponskill. He even mentioned that it was possible the DA could proc after the miss.

"Every time you miss one swing in RR, there is a ~34% chance that one of the other swings will double attack and make it appear as if you never missed a swing."

They were using Raging Rush as their test weaponskill and it's a 3 hit WS.

So, if I am wrong, which is looking unlikely, Could you please point me to whatever you're referencing?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-02-23 18:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53301/february-2019-version-update/7#3409558

"Every time you miss one swing in RR, there is a ~34% chance that one of the other swings will double attack and make it appear as if you never missed a swing."
This is definitely not true and easily verifiable with 100% DA on WAR.
 Bahamut.Khelder
By Bahamut.Khelder 2022-02-23 19:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53301/february-2019-version-update/7#3409558

This is definitely not true and easily verifiable with 100% DA on WAR.

Thanks! I've never seen that post before. Feb 2019 so much more current information much easier to test nowadays too. I hope someone will put that information somewhere on BGwiki to clarify that has been established. Multi-Attack only procs on the first 2 main hand hits of a weaponskill.

Updated my previous posts to reflect the discussed corrections.
 Bahamut.Khelder
By Bahamut.Khelder 2022-02-23 20:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
H2H on WAR would be terribad inside Gaol due to no /MNK for Martial Arts. Better to use just Loxotic Mace +1 with a fencer build and spam Judgement or Black Halo.

Terribad? Ha! You may be right! I thought it performed rather well though even without /mnk, but I will note that it was only on a R0 shark. I had forgotten about the lack of a subjob at the time. Also, I did mention that the build has it's limitations, maybe one day I'll get a chance to test it on a higher Rank. For Science!
By Weeew 2022-03-06 02:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

New BCNM drop

[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-03-06 03:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You should have added enhances Berserk.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-03-06 05:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
New BCNM drop

Post the GA for Drk
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-03-08 07:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone is using a fernagu with naegling sometimes ? Is it better than DW Dolichenus and decimation ?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-03-08 13:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Enhances defender would have been more hilarious.
First Page 2 3 ... 209 210 211 ... 224 225 226