The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
342 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 208 209 210 ... 212 213 214
Offline
Posts: 229
By kusaregedo77 2021-11-18 05:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
thanks, i totally overlooked the defensive stats, need coffee
Offline
Posts: 6616
By SimonSes 2021-11-18 06:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
kusaregedo77 said: »
thanks, i totally overlooked the defensive stats, need coffee

Yep coffee helps, Im after 3 shots now :D
One specific thing for Nyame Feet in term of DPS is that it has decent INT, which is a stat usually missing completely on most feet options (including Sulevia). So often Nyame Sollerets will be significantly better for WSs with INT WSC. For WAR physical WSs that would be only probably relevant for Drepanum and Spiral Hell.
Offline
Posts: 7
By Minikid 2021-11-30 00:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I have 80% double attack build and i don't see 100% rate with 28 base 5 merits?
is it possible to get 100 rate of double attacking in a TP set?
{
main="Naegling",
sub="Blurred Shield +1",
ammo={ name="Coiste Bodhar", augments={'Path: A',}},
head="Sakpata's Helm",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
legs="Pumm. Cuisses +3",
feet="Pumm. Calligae +3",
neck={ name="War. Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ear={ name="Schere Earring", augments={'Path: A',}},
right_ear="Brutal Earring",
left_ring="Petrov Ring",
right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Damage taken-5%',}},
}
Offline
Posts: 6616
By SimonSes 2021-11-30 01:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yes 100%DA gives 100%DA rate (unless you also have QA or TA which take priority over DA if they proc). If you see some non DA rounds, you are probably lagging and some other set haven't fully switched to TP set before you swinged.
 Odin.Magicsnake
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6
By Odin.Magicsnake 2021-12-14 19:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Looking for BiS Judgment WS set if someone could post that up...Thanks!
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 56
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2021-12-14 19:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Odin.Magicsnake said: »
Looking for BiS Judgment WS set if someone could post that up...Thanks!

same as your savage blade set
 Odin.Magicsnake
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6
By Odin.Magicsnake 2021-12-15 10:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
ok, that's what i've been using just wasn't 100% sure. Thanks
 Asura.Xippy
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xippy
By Asura.Xippy 2021-12-24 06:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
What reforged armor is everyone upgrading? I've got AF Body, Feet and Legs I'm almost done with but not real sure what else to do after that. Is it just mainly the pieces that enhance abilities?
 Odin.Foxmulder
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Chakan
Posts: 326
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-12-24 11:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Depends on how far along you are with other content, but Relic head is kind of a big deal, too. A lot of the other stuff ends up being used for JA swaps, yeah.
[+]
 Asura.Bladework
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bladework
Posts: 31
By Asura.Bladework 2021-12-24 13:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Xippy said: »
What reforged armor is everyone upgrading? I've got AF Body, Feet and Legs I'm almost done with but not real sure what else to do after that. Is it just mainly the pieces that enhance abilities?

AF Body +3 and Relic Head +3 are your WSD+10 pieces.
Relic head doubles as Warcry piece for an extra 200? TP Bonus. The body extends berserk also.

AF+3 Legs and Feet are still extremely good for your TP set. The Relic +3 Legs can also be swapped in for a nice boost to white damage.

Some worthwhile ability swap pieces are Empy Body for Blood Rage. Relic Feet for Tomahawk. Relic Body and AF Head for aggressor.

The relic hands used to be decent for Savage Blade but now you would probably switch between Sakpata or Nyame depending on buffs.

So yeah I carry around about 80% of the JSE.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-24 14:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I only use relic hands to activate Mighty Strikes, especially during zergs.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 23
By Psycosocial 2021-12-24 15:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I like the empy feets when I'm rocking Ukon AM3. Niche for Retaliation as well.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 13
By blixa 2022-01-06 10:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anyone willing to share their WAR luas with me?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
Posts: 4898
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-01-10 20:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Any tips for an optimized hybrid set for Naegling?

Currently using:
ItemSet 383169
Want to stay hearty without significant DPS loss. Full augments on Sakpata.
Offline
Posts: 978
By Spaitin 2022-01-12 21:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Hey guys, just resubbed and am catching up on master levels. Graduated college and started a business and got burned out of this game. Grinding master levels atm and working on the guide in the down time. Just need to finish sets and ill post it. Sorry for the crazy long delay. Game Life burns you out sometimes.

BTW I found that war war geo cor bard whm on the Apex mobs seems pretty quick. Idk if this strat has been discussed or not. Basically just have 2 war spamming fell cleave in tank sets and have cor and bard pull and kill mobs . can keep about 10 mobs on you at all times which makes fell cleave do 90k - 130k or more damage each time you spam it. I did it with chango, but now that I think of it, Ukon will probably work better. Retaliation with a bunch of enemies means you don't have to worry about TP. Ukon would have a higher base damage with the 70 str and extra dex.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 283
By Evihime 2022-01-15 23:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Any1 feels like helping me to find a proper set without having access to +3 Af1 head and body?

Sakpata?

Im just back in game with a brand new char and the card grind is somehting else... Gonna take a while before ill have both head and body +3 so.

What do i use in the meanwhile?
Offline
Posts: 978
By Spaitin 2022-01-15 23:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sakpata is pretty amazing for TP sets and a lot of Multi hit WS sets. especially on content that doesnt resist geomancy.
 Asura.Aburaage
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 195
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-01-16 00:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Spaitin said: »
Hey guys, just resubbed and am catching up on master levels. Graduated college and started a business and got burned out of this game. Grinding master levels atm and working on the guide in the down time. Just need to finish sets and ill post it. Sorry for the crazy long delay. Game Life burns you out sometimes.

BTW I found that war war geo cor bard whm on the Apex mobs seems pretty quick. Idk if this strat has been discussed or not. Basically just have 2 war spamming fell cleave in tank sets and have cor and bard pull and kill mobs . can keep about 10 mobs on you at all times which makes fell cleave do 90k - 130k or more damage each time you spam it. I did it with chango, but now that I think of it, Ukon will probably work better. Retaliation with a bunch of enemies means you don't have to worry about TP. Ukon would have a higher base damage with the 70 str and extra dex.

I've been doing something similar to this but with Xoanon and Cataclysm, cleaving is definitely the way to go for master level, extremely fast xp if you got the camps by yourself.
 Odin.Lusiphur
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Chakan
Posts: 194
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-01-16 00:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Spaitin said: »
BTW I found that war war geo cor bard whm on the Apex mobs seems pretty quick. Idk if this strat has been discussed or not. Basically just have 2 war spamming fell cleave in tank sets and have cor and bard pull and kill mobs

Found this was pretty fast CP and Exemplar during the first week and then... realized it was damn near pointless to seek those points on WAR since I'd cap it pretty fast in Odyssey and doing other events. Basically just wasting time, sadly.
 Odin.Wangwang
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: wangwang
Posts: 17
By Odin.Wangwang 2022-01-16 02:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Any tips for an optimized hybrid set for Naegling?

Currently using:
ItemSet 383169
Want to stay hearty without significant DPS loss. Full augments on Sakpata.

Tikal you’re still playing?? (Chinqlinq if you remember me)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-16 02:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Any tips for an optimized hybrid set for Naegling?

Currently using:
ItemSet 383169
Want to stay hearty without significant DPS loss. Full augments on Sakpata.

This is my standard TP set I use for....everything :D Someone shared a version of this with me before and i tweaked a few spots and never looked back. Absolute beast of a set with Chango especially.

ItemSet 383234

Caps DA, -40% PDT and I think it's a 2-hit with Samurai Roll (I forget which number). I just swap to Naegling/Blurred shield+1 and keep on moving. Only adjustment I might make is if I need accuracy, petrov for Chirich +1. I don't own Ioskeha +1, but that's an accuracy upgrade if you need it as well.
Offline
Posts: 978
By Spaitin 2022-01-16 12:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Odin.Lusiphur said: »
Found this was pretty fast CP and Exemplar during the first week and then... realized it was damn near pointless to seek those points on WAR since I'd cap it pretty fast in Odyssey and doing other events. Basically just wasting time, sadly.
Yeah, I noticed that doing other stuff. Also noticed that most of the benefit the war is getting Sub Job to level 50 for the STP boost from /sam. Still pretty fun.
 Asura.Neviskio
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Neviskio
Posts: 21
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-01-16 23:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Heya started being a bit proactive on the community war guide on bgwiki, but I'm by far not the best player to gauge what sets need to go there. For now I only added some rough idea for new/returning players on a budget on what to do for af/relic/empy, if you take a look and think it's shite and I should be ashamed it's fine, feel free to give it an edit.

Was wondering besides the DW/FENCER topic if there's anything important on the community guide besides ukko's fury/king's justice and maybe update the sets already there? I don't mind doing the gruntwork of editing the wiki just not sure what to put in there since I'm not a pro warrior :)
Offline
Posts: 978
By Spaitin 2022-01-17 11:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I like the look of it. I can help with TP sets. and WS sets... and everything else.
 Asura.Brennski
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ogri
Posts: 122
By Asura.Brennski 2022-01-17 11:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Looking at the Ukon AM set, is there a reason you aren't using any of the double attack damage gear?

I use this set for 100% Double Attack and 41% Double Attack Damage with Ukon during AM3.

ItemSet 383253
[+]
Offline
Posts: 376
By luckycharms1877 2022-01-17 14:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Neviskio said: »
Heya started being a bit proactive on the community war guide on bgwiki, but I'm by far not the best player to gauge what sets need to go there. For now I only added some rough idea for new/returning players on a budget on what to do for af/relic/empy, if you take a look and think it's shite and I should be ashamed it's fine, feel free to give it an edit.

Was wondering besides the DW/FENCER topic if there's anything important on the community guide besides ukko's fury/king's justice and maybe update the sets already there? I don't mind doing the gruntwork of editing the wiki just not sure what to put in there since I'm not a pro warrior :)

I can help you in game. Just hit me up when u on.
 Asura.Toralin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
Posts: 1113
By Asura.Toralin 2022-01-28 07:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Looking for impulse sets for warrior, used for Odyssey content Seg/v20 NM ish, so DT is needed most cases will be attack capped.

Went back 10 pages didnt see much.

copy savage blade set?
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 8463
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-28 07:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Below ~1700 TP use lots of Sakpata, over 2K use full WSD set, in space in between can go either way.

Impulse is a two hit WS where the first hit scales like Savage Blade, and like Savage Blade it stops off with low fTP at 1K.
Offline
Posts: 8
By Phillie0034 2022-01-31 12:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
someone mind sharing their polearm/impulse builds?
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Stalk
Posts: 61
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2022-02-10 05:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phillie0034 said: »
someone mind sharing their polearm/impulse builds?
https://prnt.sc/26sqsrk
https://prnt.sc/26sqzrz
I use my basic TP GA set for tp, Polearm I'm not fan really since seems crap/inconsistent and hold tp 1,750 or use warcry. But still can hit 10-70k. If choice I go for club, assuming slashing resistant and not piercing weakness.
First Page 2 3 ... 208 209 210 ... 212 213 214
Log in to post.