Unless you put some on ambu cape
By SimonSes 2021-10-06 13:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »
Awkward but this set gives you 5/5 Sakpata and capped DW:
Not capped haste FYI
Unless you put some on ambu cape

It's 25% haste. Unless you meant that last fraction of %, thats sometimes needed

EDIT: It was 25% with Zantatsuken and Seething XD but it was edited.
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-10-06 13:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if you want to be safe, could do haste on Ambu cape. I revised the set around a 26% haste cap just in case:

ItemSet 382062
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-10-06 13:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
I started slowly padding out the BGWiki WAR guide and people are more than welcome to make additions. I think utilizing the Wiki's ability to be edited by active WAR players is a good route to take moving forward. The AH threads with 100s of posts are, uh, pretty miserable to hunt through, TBH.

I tried to take a multi-tiered approach because not everyone is fairly current and may even be a fresher player.
Just an FYI the sword and Axe build don't even cap haste.

Edit: Axe DW needs more DW even if you assume cap Magic Haste

Edit2: Ukon set as well unless you are assuming capped magic haste and haste samba, and hasso

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Resolution Default

Fotia belt should beat Sailfi belt for resolution

You're probably right, I had it in the alternatives below, and I basically should have had it in the set and had Sailfi +1 in the alternatives.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-06 13:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
It was 25% with Zantatsuken
I had not noticed Zantatsuken even had haste good catch
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-06 14:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit2: Ukon set as well unless you are assuming capped magic haste and haste samba, and hasso

Some of the sets existed prior and I/someone else has yet to go over them. I believe all of the ones you pointed out were there already. I don't recall throwing them together.

Ukon I would assume likely /SAM and generally using Hasso.
 Asura.Penpenn
user: Penpenn
By Asura.Penpenn 2021-10-06 14:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I am looking for some input on Warrior Sword TP set. Trying to set something that maxes haste and DT, while capping DA, and I've been having a hard time finding within the buried posts or on BG-Wiki.

Based on everything posted, this is what I had come up with:

ItemSet 382063

My thought would be you could swap the following pieces in to focus on more attack if you didn't want to utilize Vim Torque:

-Aurgelmir Orb +1
-Warrior's Bead Necklace +2
-Telos Earring (Over Cessance)

Looking for feedback or thoughts on what could improve from here? I would utilize the same set for Naegling or Loxotic +1 for blunt damage in segment farms.

EDIT: Based on my math, this set has:
25 - Haste
100 - Double Atk.
42 - Store TP
48 - PDT (Back is 10% DA, 10% PDT. Could do 5% DT Instead)
38 - MDT
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-10-06 15:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
I started slowly padding out the BGWiki WAR guide and people are more than welcome to make additions. I think utilizing the Wiki's ability to be edited by active WAR players is a good route to take moving forward. The AH threads with 100s of posts are, uh, pretty miserable to hunt through, TBH.

I tried to take a multi-tiered approach because not everyone is fairly current and may even be a fresher player.

Resolution Default

Fotia belt should beat Sailfi belt for resolution

You're probably right, I had it in the alternatives below, and I basically should have had it in the set and had Sailfi +1 in the alternatives.

Don't mean to quote myself, but this was the most recent post with the link to the community guide. One of the Upheaval sets has two pairs of Odyssean Gauntlets. One in the hands slot and one in the legs slot.

I found this hilarious as it's clear that that war doesn't wear pants, and only uses 1 of his second pair of odyssean gauntlets... :P
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-06 15:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't mean to quote myself, but this was the most recent post with the link to the community guide. One of the Upheaval sets has two pairs of Odyssean Gauntlets. One in the hands slot and one in the legs slot.

I found this hilarious as it's clear that that war doesn't wear pants, and only uses 1 of his second pair of odyssean gauntlets... :P

Must be a taru! Swapped one of them with Odyssean Cuisses. Which slot? Oh, who cares.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-10-08 13:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if you want to be safe, could do haste on Ambu cape. I revised the set around a 26% haste cap just in case:

ItemSet 382062

Another option for haste if you are wanting to keep sangarius (and hit 26% with R15 seething for that matter) is to swap out sakpata legs for volte brayettes. They are often overlooked but they have a whopping 9% haste and can allow for some set flexibility
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-08 20:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst case scenario

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Seeth._Bomblet_+1

It's got Haste +5% and usually solves haste related issues, but it's normally not enough if going full Sakpata.
By Elikins 2021-10-11 03:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, looking at building a cloudsplitter build, Is it geared with 5/5 Nyame now at R20? If anyone has a set I'd appreciate you posting, Currently I do not have a Farsha, so would the Ambu axe be an ok substitute until then? Thanks :-)
 Leviathan.Eloc
Server: Leviathan
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2021-10-11 17:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering what situations you all find yourselves using these Dual Wield builds in, they look like fun.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2021-10-11 18:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Only really worth it for the ambu axe decimation build. For any ws that scales with tp fencer is just too damn strong.

For content where acc doesn't really matter you can throw on the tp bonus axe in offhand and do some fun stuff, but it's never ideal for anything "high end" afaik.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-12 07:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Please remember, the difference between 78.51% haste and 68.75% haste is 45% attack speed, DW is higher at 56%

Using a 100 delay weapon for simplicity sake

2H = 0.78515625 (0.21484375)
DW = 0.8 (0.2)
Fencer = 0.6875 (0.3125)

100 * 0.21484375 = 21.484
100 * 0.20 = 20.0
100 * 0.3125 = 31.25

31.25/20 = Fencer is 56.25% slower then DW
31.25/21.484 = Fencer is 45.45% slower then 2H
21.484/20 = 2H is 7.4% slower the DW

Fencer didn't magically become amazing, it's always been this way and we've been talking about Fencer Savage as an option since Adoulin. The reason it's behind the others is due to its extremely slow attack speed and therefor WS rate.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-12 07:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As an addendum, DW does reduce your TP gain per hit in exchange for the higher attack speed, so while it builds TP faster than single wielding, it's often slower than 2H weapon TP gain that can benefit from Hasso or Last Resort without a TP penalty. This is especially true of jobs with lots of multi-attack, like WAR, since it reduces the potential benefit offhanding an OAT weapon.

Fencer builds can use Haste Samba to reach comparable TP gain speed, but having a DNC in party is pretty rare for most people.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-12 08:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That, depends, a delay reduction of 36% isn't a TP reduction of 36%. The TP gain formula isn't linear and actually favors lower delay values over high delay ones.

Chango at 480 delay is 134.33 TP per swing, magically reducing it's delay 36% gives us 92.09 TP which is 68.55% the TP gain over 64% of the time. Haste is always best, but delay reduction is not a bad thing to close the gap. The actual change in TP will depend on the exact weapons used and what offhand stats are available, which brings us to.

The real reason 2H seems to give more TP then DW is /SAM giving us +15 Store TP.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-12 08:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hence why it's only often, not always. Take Chango (480 delay) compared to the Dolichenus build up above (281 + 288 delay).

Chango gives 134 TP per hit, and has a delay of 103.125 at capped gear/magic + Hasso, giving it 1.299 TP/delay

At 36 DW (/NIN + 11 in gear) and capped gear/magic haste, Dolichenus/Sangarius +1 has a combined delay of 113.8, and a TP gain of two weapons with (569/2 * 0.64) = 182 delay each. This results in a per-round TP gain of 61 + 61 = 122 TP with per-round delay of 113.8, for 1.072 TP/delay, which is ~17.5% slower TP gain even without counting 15 STP from /SAM.

The gap will vary depending on the delays of the weapons in question (where using lower delay swords or even daggers favoring the DW side), but in most cases DW TP gain lags noticeably behind 2D TP gain because of the DW penalty.

Punching in the numbers, it looks like DW becomes more efficient than Chango in terms of TP Gain/Delay at 396 combined pre-DW delay and lower, which only happens with a very low delay sword + dagger or two daggers.

Huh, I just noticed that the TP gain graph on bg wiki is from before they adjusted TP values. Maybe I'll go update that.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2021-10-13 08:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Elikins said: »
Hey guys, looking at building a cloudsplitter build, Is it geared with 5/5 Nyame now at R20? If anyone has a set I'd appreciate you posting, Currently I do not have a Farsha, so would the Ambu axe be an ok substitute until then? Thanks :-)

This is what I use with R15 Farsha and Cloudsplitter:

ItemSet 369648

Unless you have godly DM augments on Valorous or Odyssean, yes, you'll use Nyame. Not quite decided on the offhand, could also do Tauret for higher macc and MND.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-10-13 08:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 369648

Unless you have godly DM augments on Valorous or Odyssean, yes, you'll use Nyame. Not quite decided on the offhand, could also do Tauret for higher macc and MND.

WAR cant equip Tauret sadly.
Have you considered Ternion +1 R15 ? Macc 40, Acc 67, WSD5%. Or could it be way worst than Male ?
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2021-10-13 09:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »

ItemSet 369648

WAR cant equip Tauret sadly.
Have you considered Ternion +1 R15 ? Macc 40, Acc 67, WSD5%. Or could it be way worst than Male ?

Crap, you are right (which is why I had Dolichenus originally). Ternion +1 has a nice delay and multihit/WSD but no mab or base stats, unfortunately.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-10-13 09:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This might be stupid but what about Ullr in range instead of Knob and Ternion offhand, you'll loose 1 wsd for +80macc, +67 acc, +15 STR/DEX/AGI.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-10-14 10:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
This might be stupid but what about Ullr in range instead of Knob and Ternion offhand, you'll loose 1 wsd for +80macc, +67 acc, +15 STR/DEX/AGI.

Comparing to malevolance offhand? you are forgetting the 44 MAB which is the reason to use it.

If I recall, cloudsplitter is roughly 4 MAB = 1 WSD = 8-9 STR or MND (ratio with WSD/MAB/Mods will fluctuate depending on set and buffs).

With that in mind, knobkerrie is much better than Ullr unless you are getting resisted.

Offhand wise, best boost to cloudsplitter will likely be Fernagu (tp bonus axe) assuming ws spam, however there are other considerations on what's best for white damage/tp gain/overall dps. Malevolence is the best for cloudsplitter damage at 3k tp as far as i'm aware.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2021-10-15 09:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, playing with Ukonvasara AM set, any thoughts on it? or is more of a critical hit set, thanks in advance as usual.

sets.engaged.Ukonvasara.Acc.AM = {
ammo="Yetshila +1",
head="Sakpata's Helm",
neck="War. Beads +2",
ear1="Schere Earring",
ear2="Brutal Earring",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
ring1="Hetairoi Ring",
ring2="Niqmaddu Ring",
back=gear.WAR_Crit_JSE_back,
waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
legs="Agoge Cuisses +3",
feet="Sakpata's Leggings"}
By SimonSes 2021-10-15 10:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
Hey guys, playing with Ukonvasara AM set, any thoughts on it? or is more of a critical hit set, thanks in advance as usual.

sets.engaged.Ukonvasara.Acc.AM = {
ammo="Yetshila +1",
head="Sakpata's Helm",
neck="War. Beads +2",
ear1="Schere Earring",
ear2="Brutal Earring",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
ring1="Hetairoi Ring",
ring2="Niqmaddu Ring",
back=gear.WAR_Crit_JSE_back,
waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
legs="Agoge Cuisses +3",
feet="Sakpata's Leggings"}

Its pretty much the set I posted, but this is what I would use with fighter's roll (or other source of DA+). Otherwise Ioskeha belt +1, Petrov ring and DA on back for 100%DA. 100%DA is very important for this build because you relay mostly on white damage and you want that 100%DA with 41%DA damage.
 Cerberus.Tyraant
user: Speak
By Cerberus.Tyraant 2021-10-15 12:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize the important part of Ukko's Fury is the AM3 application, but what set are you using for UF?

I was thinking something like this:
ItemSet 382181

Back: STR/acc/attk/Crit
Valorous: STR/accy/attk/Crit

or do you use SB set and let it be?
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-10-15 14:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you could easly go for crit dmg on feet and maybe save 1 inv space by using boii caligae if its just for application
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-10-15 14:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a set specific to Ukko's but I'm generally not satisfied with the numbers with my Ukon. I'm not sure if I ought to just treat the WS like Impulse Drive and focus on WSD and core stats while ignoring crit, but WS'ing at 1750 minimum. Doesn't really answer your question Tyraant but that's my experience.
By SimonSes 2021-10-16 10:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I use a set specific to Ukko's but I'm generally not satisfied with the numbers with my Ukon. I'm not sure if I ought to just treat the WS like Impulse Drive and focus on WSD and core stats while ignoring crit, but WS'ing at 1750 minimum. Doesn't really answer your question Tyraant but that's my experience.

You only really should use Ukko's fury to apply AM3 and if you want to double light SC for some reason. Otherwise you should just use Upheaval with Ukon, waiting for 2000+ TP.

This is my Ukko's set tho
Code
{
		ammo="Yetshila +1",
		head="Agoge Mask +3",
		body="Sakpata's Breastplate",
		legs="Sakpata's Cuisses",
		feet="Nyame Sollerets",
		neck="War. Beads +2",
		waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
		left_ear="Lugra Earring +1",
		right_ear="Schere Earring",
		left_ring="Regal Ring",
		right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
		back=gear.WAR_STRda_cape,
}

EDIT: Boii feet would be a significant boost, but not sure if I want to drop survivability and accuracy for it. Empy +3 plz :)
First Page 2 3 ... 204 205 206 ... 224 225 226