The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Yso
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yso 2019-08-23 05:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
what's the great axe hierarchy for non-chango owners? right now i'm using dolichenus and loving it, but just curioius what i can pick up for great axe until i'm able to do another aeonic.

Lycurgos is little effort and seems like a mini-Chango with TP-bonus/HP function.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2019-08-23 09:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yso said: »
what's the great axe hierarchy for non-chango owners? right now i'm using dolichenus and loving it, but just curioius what i can pick up for great axe until i'm able to do another aeonic.

Lycurgos is little effort and seems like a mini-Chango with TP-bonus/HP function.
I would agree, lycurgos is about even with a few other GA that are 1 step below chango. It is much easier to get than the other options too.

However, if you have dolichenus i would use that over lycurgos and I would use shining one over lycurgos. I would use montante over shining one as well.

Chango > montante = raetic (sorta, depends on if in escha or not, raetic can actually beat r15 chango if you build the correct TP set inside of escha) > Shining one > Dolichenus > lycurgos = r15 conq = labruanda Path B > other stuff.

For just GA . I have it at chango > Lycurgos=r15conq=path b labraunda> ukon > Giant step down to bravura. Bravura, a few other GA not worth mentioning beat bravura.

The bold part is not set in stone. It can change a bit depending on buffs. with sam/fighters dolichenus and the GA options are pretty similar.
Shining one is in a bit of a weird category. With sam/fighters or sam/rogues it is very good but certainly not the best. has bad TP return and the weapon doesnt improve TP gain like GS and GA options. People look at the WS average and ignore DPS on it for some reason.
But if you are like me and like to run 2 cors . going sam/fighter/rogue/miser then shining becomes by far the most powerful physical DPS weapon outside of mighty strikes.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-08-27 00:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to get back into warrior for the first time since forever. I have all the basic melee gear from Escha and Omen, etc. Mastered using Dolichenus. What are the must-have AF pieces? Looks like AF1+3 body, legs, feet and obviously AF2+3 head. Anything else?
By Spaitin 2019-08-27 07:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say AF body head feet and legs. Relic head+3 is a must have. relic hands are very good as well. then empy body is also quite useful.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-08-27 10:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
I would say AF body head feet and legs. Relic head+3 is a must have. relic hands are very good as well. then empy body is also quite useful.

Thanks! I'll get all of those.
By Spaitin 2019-08-27 10:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »

Thanks! I'll get all of those.
i forget, but i dont think you "need" to +3 the relic hands.
 Fenrir.Turtle
Server: Fenrir
user: Genbu
By Fenrir.Turtle 2019-08-28 08:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

After doing some Odin HTBF last night with some LS mates, a question was brought up about the new head/body from the Odin fight and where it fits in to the current situations for warrior TP/Upheaval spam? Has anyone done the math on BiS? It has been a long time since I did much on warrior.
 Asura.Korgull
user: Korgull
By Asura.Korgull 2019-08-28 09:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 368294
It's very good for hybrid DW builds, because you can cap PDT and MDT with max haste while keeping your offensive power.
I believe the set above would work for chango with some changes, like Sulevia Hands +2 and Tempus fugit (+1).
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-08-28 09:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the augs on this cape Korgull?

ItemSet 367302
 Asura.Korgull
user: Korgull
By Asura.Korgull 2019-08-28 09:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using DEX 30 acc/att 20 DA +10 PDT -10%. I'm not using a MDT- augment because you only need like 24-26 with Shell IV.
Btw, Odin gear is good for hybrid sets but your standard tp/ws sets will beat it when defense is not needed. Just saying to make it clear.
By Spaitin 2019-08-28 10:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Turtle said: »
After doing some Odin HTBF last night with some LS mates, a question was brought up about the new head/body from the Odin fight and where it fits in to the current situations for warrior TP/Upheaval spam? Has anyone done the math on BiS? It has been a long time since I did much on warrior.
It is now part of a BIS hybrid TP/DT set. with buffs you can get 100 DA and a 3-4 hit build depending on sams and weapon you are using with maxed PDT MDT and 37 BDT. It is actually pretty great. Basically making a hybrid set with much less sacrifice to TP gain than we used to. Tempus fugit does not need to be hq. makes no difference.

ItemSet 367131

As for during the WS, the body and head are alright for upheaval. but not beating the existing options. Can use any weapon with this set.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-08-28 12:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I would agree, lycurgos is about even with a few other GA that are 1 step below chango. It is much easier to get than the other options too.

However, if you have dolichenus i would use that over lycurgos and I would use shining one over lycurgos. I would use montante over shining one as well.

Chango > montante = raetic (sorta, depends on if in escha or not, raetic can actually beat r15 chango if you build the correct TP set inside of escha) > Shining one > Dolichenus > lycurgos = r15 conq = labruanda Path B > other stuff.

For just GA . I have it at chango > Lycurgos=r15conq=path b labraunda> ukon > Giant step down to bravura. Bravura, a few other GA not worth mentioning beat bravura.

The bold part is not set in stone. It can change a bit depending on buffs. with sam/fighters dolichenus and the GA options are pretty similar.
Shining one is in a bit of a weird category. With sam/fighters or sam/rogues it is very good but certainly not the best. has bad TP return and the weapon doesnt improve TP gain like GS and GA options. People look at the WS average and ignore DPS on it for some reason.
But if you are like me and like to run 2 cors . going sam/fighter/rogue/miser then shining becomes by far the most powerful physical DPS weapon outside of mighty strikes.

Does Rag fit in anywhere?
By Spaitin 2019-08-28 12:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

Does Rag fit in anywhere?
Yes, it goes nicely in storage. r0 rag is pretty similar to a 0 augment zulfiqar. an r15 rag is a tiny improvement, behind an augmented zulf. But still pretty far ahead of bravura if that helps. i used to have a list of GS i put ahead of rag. been a minute but raetic/montante/zulf/macbain hq or NQ all beat it. Nandaka and the new one from the HTB also beats it. It got a very mild boost for mighty strikes zergs. doesnt TP very well.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-08-28 15:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about the Chango sets in OP.

What are the Val body augs? Since it seems like none of the 3 are 100% DA, not that it really matters if overall dps is better.

Thanks
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-08-28 15:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe for sets they assume you have warriors roll for 100da but I could be wrong.
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-08-28 15:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »

What are the Val body augs? Since it seems like none of the 3 are 100% DA, not that it really matters if overall dps is better.

Thanks
Val stuff is quad 3
By Spaitin 2019-08-28 16:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks
what post are you referring to?
 Ragnarok.Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-08-28 16:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks
what post are you referring to?

Chango TP sets in OP:

ItemSet 285667 ItemSet 258005 ItemSet 285786
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-28 20:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
I believe for sets they assume you have warriors roll for 100da but I could be wrong.

Pretty much, which isn't nearly as often as people like to pretend. Basically you need to define a different set for "Fighters Roll" then "Regular TP" which is everything that isn't a 60s zerg fight.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-08-29 04:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly the only time I have Fighters on is when using Qultada :3

Even scenarios like Dyna D, with DD parties that have two Cors, the rolls are usually CC Sam/Chaos and CC Tact/Hunters or Wizards.

Which brings me back to the question, consensus "BiS" TP set for low and mid acc, without fighters would be the following, with 5DA and as much acc as possible in Body?

ItemSet 368313
By Spaitin 2019-08-29 06:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont have capped DA then the body will want as much MA as you can get. 3 qa is nice and all, but rare to get a good augment. so the 5 DA would generally be the best. Chaos roll is commonly a waste of a roll for war since you are usually well above cap on attack anyway. So it is literally a waste of a roll most of the time.
regular fighters roll set
ItemSet 367125
other regular fighters roll set, also works for generic TP set, can swap in for a DA augmented val body
ItemSet 367121
11 rostam fighters TP set change out the earring if you CC the fighters roll for telos or dedition. If you are using the new food this set can get pretty crazy. Especially if you change it a little for crooked 11 fighters and the new food.
ItemSet 367269
Escha raetic TP set
ItemSet 366562

as far as census "BIS". no such thing on generic TP set atm. there are a few that are really good and work well though. The one you posted is great.A number of sets are extremely close in TP gain. Swap chirichi and moonlight depending on if you feel too squishy
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-08-29 07:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My warrior tends to only come out and play in zerg situations. I never get fighter's roll either.

Warrior tp gives -15DT -20PDT
Body has 5DA 26acc
67DA(gear)+28(gifts)+5(merits) = 100DA

ItemSet 368315

Warrior Hybrid gives -45DT -50PDT
51DA(gear)+28(gifts)+5(merits) = 84DA
(back has -5DT)

ItemSet 360783
By Spaitin 2019-08-29 07:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

weird. i use fighters roll ESPECIALLY in zerg situations. on helms chaos does literally nothing. Even on wave three we have found no need for chaos on war. Sam and chaos on war is equal to just sams roll. do you use a different roll on the second roll? monks roll?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-08-29 07:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

sometimes; sometimes rogues too
By Spaitin 2019-08-29 07:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume using shining one a lot? i find with just sam/fighters or sam/rogues that montante and chango both beat shining one impulse spam when chango and montante have sam/fighters. Then if it is a mighty strikes zerg obviously shining one is pretty far behind most options.

I have always liked monks roll for a lot of content. makes it smoother.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-08-29 07:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume using shining one a lot? i find with just sam/fighters or sam/rogues that montante and chango both beat shining one impulse spam when chango and montante have sam/fighters

I have always liked monks roll for a lot of content. makes it smoother.

I use r15 chango. Haven't tried monk's tbh; should do it.

clarify rolls are usually sam/tact/hunter/rogue
By Spaitin 2019-08-29 07:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What content are you using those for? tact is usually pretty meh on war. if you are using shining one misers will be worth a lot more. is this a dynamis build? If you are using chango..... why on earth would you want rogues? it would translate to like a 1%dmg increase. Hunters roll is pretty crap compared to other acc buffs and with r15 chango you really dont need to much acc. so i would deff drop that.

For chango i would strongly recommend something like sam/fighter/allie/monks

shining one with a 2 cor set up is pretty absurd with sam/fighter/rogue/miser.

hunter and tact are a basically nothing. rogues is only something if using shining one or kinda ukon/farsha white damage builds. Fighters roll would be a pretty nice improvement in TP rate and WS average. And similar white damage boosts.

Do you have other DD that are forcing you to use those oddball rolls? the only one that is doing anything is sams roll.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-08-29 07:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly I haven't zerged anything since helms. I'm generally on other jobs as of late. Sounds like we need to adjust our rolls for anything harder...

Spaitin, thoughts on my war gearsets given you play it more than I do?
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158 ... 224 225 226