The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 224 225 226
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2018-10-12 21:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Conq still below other weapons with new augs?
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-10-20 17:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD is still working on all hits of Upheaval?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-20 21:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Willster said: »

Even more so because Chango got augments too and Upheaval is better then King's Justice. Ukon still at the bottom cause Ukko's is mediocre.

Shiva.Eightball said: »

Yes...
 Bahamut.Asphaar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2018-10-21 08:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of stones are you using for Odyssean legs/feet? Should I aim for 30acc/att wsd +4 at least??

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Asphaar
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2018-10-21 13:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Bahamut.Asphaar said: »
Should I aim for 30acc/att wsd +4 at least??
Good luck.

Ya I know it’s close to impossible. But how much would you guys consider “ok” to shoot for.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-10-21 13:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think those are impossible provided you have a great stock of pellucid. Now if you are talking about STR+10 wsd+4 acc/atk+30 then that would be close to being a dream.

Even STR+15/wsd+4 is very rare but I do have 2 pieces with those stats and many more with STR+10~ wsd+3~ or anywhere in between.
By Dsuza 2018-10-22 09:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone please post some Low/Mid/High Acc TP sets for Chango, Rag, and/or Montante +1 that include the WAR+2 Neck?

From what someone told me, Great Sword sets have to be changed up a bit (Especially for Rag) Since will lose STP from the +2 neck, but Chango sets not really much/if at all?

Thanks everyone I appreciate it
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2018-10-22 14:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Should I aim for 30acc/att wsd +4 at least??
Good luck.

Ya I know it’s close to impossible. But how much would you guys consider “ok” to shoot for.

I have been working on these as well, and I’m happy with wsd 4 and anything near 20 acc. I gear up and go about the game, then when i build a new stock of stones to throw at my gear I spend an evening with Oseem.
By Odinz 2018-10-22 15:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Even more so because Chango got augments too and Upheaval is better then King's Justice. Ukon still at the bottom cause Ukko's is mediocre.

Yes...
Aren't things still the same?
Chango>conq>/=ukon>bravura in the GA R/E/M/A hierarchy?

Conq and Ukon being dependant on buffs and situations but for most fodder content Ukon > Conq?
 Sylph.Atigevomega
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2018-10-22 17:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Odinz said: »

Yes...
Aren't things still the same?
Chango>conq>/=ukon>bravura in the GA R/E/M/A hierarchy?

Conq and Ukon being dependant on buffs and situations but for most fodder content Ukon > Conq?

During an normal dynamis divergence i end using 4 weapons lol:

Trash farm i use "Bravura". Metatron torment with bravura 60% WSD and 64% WSD gear power is between Tachi fudo and torcleaver. Is competitive unleash a single fast WS and overkill the enemy to exploit the parse.

Yeah at the end of the run keep a respetable place on the parse is a necessity these are the spots with more internal competition. Bravura keep me alive as well in case the enemy use two hours abilities like mijin or eagle eye shot.

Mini bosses fights i just put Montante + Warcry this battles last less than 60 secs and nobody builds "AM3" for this easy-prey fights.

Saevel will kill me for this. "Wave 3 mega boss": My opener is Ukon AM3 during Warcry duration. Ukon upheaval spam at 2k paired with the occ deals triple damage 50% is ultra competitive and we have time to build 3k TP pre fight. When Warcry finish i swap to "Chango + MS" this weapon allow me keep 2k TP upheaval FTP the rest of the fight.

Wave 3 fights last more than 60 secs. Most of the Montante +1/Raetic +1 WARs start lose the parse when warcry effect finish. Chango turns 1k tp spamage into 2k and resolution at 1250 TP is weaker than upheaval at 2k TP.

I dont have a conqueror but during Warcry Conqueror's king justice is very strong: 30% WSD conqueror bonus, 64% WSD on gear and 15% Conqueror IV augment. Sadly when warcry is over KJ damage will lag behind chango upheaval damage.

Well said. I do have Conqueror AG but have not augmented as of yet, maybe soon, on fodder it is REALLY good with AM3 up. I find myself switching between all of the GA throughout the runs, Jueno wave 2 boss I like to use Ukon but will switch to Bravura as needed, have also used Chango and Conq just prefer the Ukon here, Wave 3 boss def GS but can change up, have yet to try any GA but Bravura here but might for shits and giggles. (Edited for errors in some spelling... damn being up since 4am...)
[+]
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2018-10-22 21:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I should post under this name, since Atigevomega hasnt been my name on sylph in about a year lol.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-22 23:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wave 3 I tend to use Bravura cause it keeps me alive. For the MB it depends cause I like to put points on the bar just in case. Chango is now a beast and upgraded is likely the best WS spam weapon we have. Then it's Conq cause AM3 procs on WSs too. Then its Ukon and Bravura near the end. Bravura is utility and Ukon is for when someone is slow at WSing. Really wish UF transferred http://fTP.
 Bahamut.Asphaar
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2018-10-23 11:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wave 3 I tend to use Bravura cause it keeps me alive. For the MB it depends cause I like to put points on the bar just in case. Chango is now a beast and upgraded is likely the best WS spam weapon we have. Then it's Conq cause AM3 procs on WSs too. Then its Ukon and Bravura near the end. Bravura is utility and Ukon is for when someone is slow at WSing. Really wish UF transferred http://fTP.

Saevel, how do they compare for mighty strikes? Is Chango better than Augmented Rag? What are your thoughts on this?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-23 11:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Saevel, how do they compare for mighty strikes? Is Chango better than Augmented Rag? What are your thoughts on this?

Definitely better then Rag. The CHD on Rag doesn't move the needle much btw, the core issue with Rag is it's delay and how that effects total WS's. Rag is not the best GS for Reso spam.
 Sylph.Sokku
By Sylph.Sokku 2018-10-23 19:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats Bravura and Ragnarok TP sets looking like these days?
 Phoenix.Fezz
Server: Phoenix
user: Fezz
By Phoenix.Fezz 2018-10-23 23:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sokku said: »

perhaps even an updated Metatron set? I noticed most the Bravura sets are gone from the guide.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-24 07:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sokku said: »

The same as about a year ago, at least for Rag. You need 60~64 total Store TP in TP set to reach a 5-hit base along with some Store TP in Reso and Scourge sets. Bravura I use a hybrid DT set because that's the whole point of that weapon anyway.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-24 11:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What would you get for that 10DA? If it's less then 10DA then it's a bad tradeoff. If its more then it's a good trade.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-24 13:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I can keep 5 hit build losing 3 DA.

So your keeping what you already have only with 3 DA less, that's a DPS loss btw.

Hey I have this amazing way you can make 50 bucks, just give me 60 first.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2018-10-25 09:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

An LS buddy hit 99999 on War Reso (non MS) doing Aeonic clears a few days ago. Ok I mean clearly spike damage and we were clearly buffed to the gills, on a Reisen lower tier NM.

However, his overall dps was pretty impressive, is it safe to say Reatic +1 War is better than Chango Upheaval spam at least in escha? (maybe I'm stating the obvious sorry in that case!)

What about outside situations, like Dyna?
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-25 09:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
An LS buddy hit 99999 on War Reso (non MS) doing Aeonic clears a few days ago. Ok I mean clearly spike damage and we were clearly buffed to the gills, on a Reisen lower tier NM.

However, his overall dps was pretty impressive, is it safe to say Reatic +1 War is better than Chango Upheaval spam at least in escha? (maybe I'm stating the obvious sorry in that case!)

What about outside situations, like Dyna?
Any idea if he was rocking MA or WSD in his resolution set? Best I have hit in Reisen is 77k. Not that my best means anything to anyone else. I am just curious.

You're question is a loaded one. lol I think it's going to be situational. I think if you have an augmented Chango it is likely going to end up winning. You may need to factor in your Skillchain dmg. So it will depend on the size of your group/buffs/etc. If you need straight dps, I am a big fan of reso spam but if you are multistepping which is a extremely effective way to do stuff low man, than an augmented chango should win out. Then again, I dont have a Chango yet either.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-25 10:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

He had a lot of vorseals and his target took extra physical damage or he had MS going on. This is because it's not possible to hit 99K reso's otherwise, the math just doesn't get that high. That would be at least 12,375 damage per-hit assuming a full 8 hit proc. Would need somewhere around 850 base damage, which your not going to hit.

Raetic's bonus attacks only proc on regular attack rounds, they don't proc on WS's, yet they also can proc regardless if you have already proced a MA or not. For WAR this is important because it basically jacks up your TP gain to the point where it's nearly WS non-stop until you run out of MP. Escha not only gives a ton of MP but also gives MP refresh to make it last a few more attack rounds while also refiling your MP at the start of each fight. This makes Reatic Reso spam pretty much king inside Escha, outside it's definitely Chango Upheaval spam with the new augments.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2018-10-25 10:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure but we were talking about maintaining a good number of MA in reso set, hence, Af+3 legs, Argosy Hands, and Brutal. From what I remember I think his set might have been something like this.

ItemSet 362510

I'll ask later when I log on.

Yeah I'm talking pure every dd zerg not factoring multistepping, or various lowman strats, just ordinary killing.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2018-10-25 10:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

He had a lot of vorseals and his target took extra physical damage or he had MS going on. This is because it's not possible to hit 99K reso's otherwise, the math just doesn't get that high. That would be at least 12,375 damage per-hit assuming a full 8 hit proc. Would need somewhere around 850 base damage, which your not going to hit.

Raetic's bonus attacks only proc on regular attack rounds, they don't proc on WS's, yet they also can proc regardless if you have already proced a MA or not. For WAR this is important because it basically jacks up your TP gain to the point where it's nearly WS non-stop until you run out of MP. Escha not only gives a ton of MP but also gives MP refresh to make it last a few more attack rounds while also refiling your MP at the start of each fight. This makes Reatic Reso spam pretty much king inside Escha, outside it's definitely Chango Upheaval spam with the new augments.

Thank you for a great, detailed answer, the mob iirc was Strophadia, there was probably something going on, yeah.
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 224 225 226