(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 203 204 205
By aisukage 2018-06-15 13:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Jumalik Mail

That's a very good point and forgot about that item even though i have a maxed augmented one lying around in storage somewhere lol. Will add that to my DT set instead but i still prefer Lugra cloak +1 in my Normal Idle set. (just personal preference)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-15 14:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget Vim Torque +1 for your idle sets. If you are weak and use dsnv/drain3 during weakened downtime, you can pretty much idle in Vim (while engaged) + Ratri head for +24 regain/tick. I think that's a decent trade for DRK since refresh is less of a need during downtime.
By aisukage 2018-06-15 14:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Don't forget Vim Torque +1 for your idle sets. If you are weak and use dsnv/drain3 during weakened downtime, you can pretty much idle in Vim (while engaged) + Ratri head for +24 regain/tick. I think that's a decent trade for DRK since refresh is less of a need during downtime.

No point in Idle sets since you have to be engaged and gearswap would swap you out of it the second you engage. Would have to be put into an engaged set which would not be wise to put into my engaged sets. Not a terrible idea though but would probably just make a macro to equip it manually when in that situation.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-15 14:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use gearswap but I get what you mean. It's great starting with tp. Can even min-max it even further with a Tactical Ring (which must remain equipped)
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-16 10:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The Vim Torque +1 is a piece I'm likely to get and not for idle. It's a better version of Frenzy Sallet or Berserker's Torque, where it drains your HP to give you TP. This is the best counter for being put to sleep, as the HP drain acts like a poison, so you won't be losing out on damage while others type "zzz" in to their party chat.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
Server: Asura
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-06-16 10:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

so i went back 4 pages or so, and saw nothing about making any relic into +2/3 bar a questiong about relic vs af legs for a ws, are we in agreement that drk got shafted on it?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-16 10:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
so i went back 4 pages or so, and saw nothing about making any relic into +2/3 bar a questiong about relic vs af legs for a ws, are we in agreement that drk got shafted on it?

Personally I ain't looked in to them too much as I'm not doing Dyna-D regularly, but I'll take a look and let you know if/how I'd use them.
[+]
 Asura.Lordhelmet
user: Primuris
By Asura.Lordhelmet 2018-06-16 11:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic head, hands, and legs are all worth the upgrade if you are serious about your drk. I don't post alot but if you have questions hit me up in pm.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-06-16 11:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordhelmet said: »
Relic head, hands, and legs are all worth the upgrade if you are serious about your drk. I don't post alot but if you have questions hit me up in pm.
head and hands just for magic right? feel like pretty small marginal upgrades for the cost (i struggle to get around already lol)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-16 11:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm going to assume +3s, unless a +2 is really worth getting for some reason:

Head: - Should be using this for Dark Seal anyways (I use +1 for Drain 3 w/ DS/NV), but I assume it doesn't make the Dark Seal augment more potent? Can't say without getting it, but it's literally the only reason to upgrade. I'd probably get it last .. unless someone can confirm the augment gets stronger?

Body: - An odd one. Not as much STR as AF. Far more attack. Very similar in accuracy. If it had the same WSdmg as AF then I'd consider it for Quietus .. but it doesn't. Consider the weaponskill accuracy, it has a whopping 75 accuracy (not including DEX) for weaponskills! You'd have to be fighting targets with incredible evasion (or be severely underbuffed) to want to use it though.

Where this piece shines (for no reason at all), is it's an excellent nuking piece. When would anyone want to use ele spells? I don't know .. but it's there. Aside from that, you can't argue with the +10 Fast Cast, but Odyssean Chestplate with a +5 FC augment gives the same. Much like the +1, this is all about the Blood Weapon augment. Sadly it only enhances it by 10 seconds, and I assume +2/+3 do the same.

Hands: - One of the better pieces as it remains (even +1) the best for Endark II/Drain & Aspir. Gauntlets has always stuck with DRKs as a reliable Relic. The Diabolic Eye augment not so great, as the JA itself is pretty useless these days.

Legs: - Hate the dark skill on these as it's only 18, when Eschite Cuisses gives +20. However, I'm very intrigued by the WSdmg.

Assuming you're using AF legs +3 and Regal Ring for weaponskills, replacing the AF with Relic is going to lose you some accuracy. However, if accuracy isn't an issue, you'll certainly want it for Torcleaver, Insurgency (1750+), Quietus, and Catastrophe, but not for Resolution or other WS which like double attack.

Feet: - What's said below.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-16 11:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

none of the augments get stronger
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-16 11:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Except the feet of course.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-06-16 11:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks kylos, i feel like the only piece ill get or be working on is the legs then, i have every other piece to +1 so +2% to things i dont feel like tossing the gil at. hell, im still working on any ultimate weapon for drk (apoc, been a dream since CoP came out and i thought it was like the best ws ever)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-16 11:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks kylos, i feel like the only piece ill get or be working on is the legs then, i have every other piece to +1 so +2% to things i dont feel like tossing the gil at. hell, im still working on any ultimate weapon for drk (apoc, been a dream since CoP came out and i thought it was like the best ws ever)

If you want stronger Endarks you want more dark magic skill, so hands are very worthwhile. Legs are best for most WS, and the feet should be +2 at least as a macro piece for Last Resort.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-06-16 11:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

was endark teir'd or scale with every 1 dark skill?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-16 11:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

that's not an augment
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-16 11:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

that's not an augment

Yeah yeah, you know what I meant. Desperate Blows is the augment and helps very little.

Bit busy at the moment but I seem to remember Endark II being tiered every 20 skill. From my set I wouldn't gain anything, because I purposely scaled back to sneak some fast cast in. It depends on how you want to gear for Endark II and what's available. I'd say 460 is the minimum skill you want. Easy to get 480+ if you want it.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-06-16 11:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic head +3 is actually DRK's best Torcleaver piece (minus a ridiculously good augment on Odyssean Head) when attack isn't capped or close to cap

Also, you still lose the feet's Last Resort bonus if you remove them, even with +3.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-16 12:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Relic head +3 is actually DRK's best Torcleaver piece (minus a ridiculously good augment on Odyssean Head) when attack isn't capped or close to cap

Also, you still lose the feet's Last Resort bonus if you remove them, even with +3.

Well BGwiki says otherwise. I'm sure someone got these early and confirmed it? Why would it be on BG otherwise?

"Equipment can be removed and replaced to restore the bonus, unlike Abyss Sollerets and Abyss Sollerets +1."

Also I can see the head being good yeah. Difficult to get an amazing Ody Helm with the greatest stats, so the relic head is preferred for most.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-06-16 12:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That message means that if you take it off and put it back on, the bonus comes back, not that the bonus doesn't leave if you take it off. For Abyss Sollerets/+1, the bonus is gone forever once you take it off, even if you put the piece back on.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-16 12:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
That message means that if you take it off and put it back on, the bonus comes back, not that the bonus doesn't leave if you take it off. For Abyss Sollerets/+1, the bonus is gone forever once you take it off, even if you put the piece back on.

Ohhh .. well that sucks. Guess it's an extremely situational DT- piece only when LR is up. :( We really got shafted on the relics.
By Taint 2018-06-16 12:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is the head good for Torcleave?

Odysseam Head is 5 less VIT but can get Wsdmg+1-5
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-06-16 12:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it's got 40 STR, 40 VIT, and 77 attack. With how much WSDMG you stack in other slots, that 77 attack (which gets multiplied by Smite, Last Resort, Chaos Roll, and attack vorseals) ends up being a bigger percentage increase than the helm's WSDMG, assuming you're not close to attack cap. It's the same reason why Regal Ring beats Karieyh Ring/+1 when not close to attack cap.

For Ody helm to beat it under that situation, you need like 20+ attack, 10+ vit, AND 4-5 WSDMG. (or slightly lower other stats if higher WSDMG from Dark Matter augments), which is very difficult.
[+]
By volkom 2018-06-16 12:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Why is the head good for Torcleave?

Odysseam Head is 5 less VIT but can get Wsdmg+1-5
Cuz the all round stats (Vit/acc/atk) is pretty good compared to ody.helm with poor augments. You either spend a crap ton on stones or luck out getting the uber stats
 Asura.Lordhelmet
user: Primuris
By Asura.Lordhelmet 2018-06-17 00:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only for Tor on the head and legs but the hands head legs all have a big mag acc boost on top of the other stats. you can get away with +2 if need be but when possible save and +3 it.
By Taint 2018-06-17 09:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So it’s better when attack isn’t capped?

When attack is capped Odyssean with VIT and wsdmg?

Going to make a lua rule.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-18 22:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated my sets on the previous page.
By Fendarin007 2018-06-19 01:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Kylos is your rag set a 6hit/1 under haste cap?
Belt +1 will cap haste for u
Great looking sets tho bro
By aisukage 2018-06-27 17:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want stronger Endarks you want more dark magic skill, so hands are very worthwhile. Legs are best for most WS, and the feet should be +2 at least as a macro piece for Last Resort.

the main thing about head and hands is the magic acc boost you get on your 2 best Drain III pieces. Since you need the Relic head equipped when casting Drain III under the effect of dark seal for the augment to kick in for the 5+mins HP boost.

Head +3 = 10+ INT and 37+ Macc.
Hands +3 = 10+ INT, 38 Macc, 4+ dark magic skill and + 4 drain/aspir potency
(comparing both to their +1 versions)

both solid upgrades to help prevent Drain III from being resisted

Legs are great for WSD WS's like Torc etc. and feet are great for a possible rule when in a certain hybrid or full DT set to keep them equipped when you have LR up. We shall not speak about the body.
By zaxtiss 2018-07-02 15:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

hey all,

so i'm still pretty new to DRK and i was wondering if "Quietus"
was used much?
i know drk's have a hard time to get alot of ACC on WS sets so i would think it would be useful since its a 1 hit WS it gets a acc boost correct?
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 203 204 205