(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 203 204 205
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-05-03 10:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Ah. I snagged a Dagon from the gob, and it made me re-think my sets. Was using Emicho+1 body/hands, then tried out Dagon/Sulevia+2. Augmented a DA5/ACC26/DEX9 Valorous Mail earlier, now I just don't know what to use.
For what weapon? For what Content? Did you calculate STP needed to hit whatever x hit build? It looks like it would be a stellar piece but really depends on weapon/STP/etc if you ask me.
Server: Asura
user: Anjou
By Asura.Zarduhasselfrau 2018-05-06 20:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Returning player here so I missed when Raetic gear was introduced... for these should we shoot for the HQ versions or is the NQ fine?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-05-06 20:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Darkside said: »
Ah. I snagged a Dagon from the gob, and it made me re-think my sets. Was using Emicho+1 body/hands, then tried out Dagon/Sulevia+2. Augmented a DA5/ACC26/DEX9 Valorous Mail earlier, now I just don't know what to use.
For what weapon? For what Content? Did you calculate STP needed to hit whatever x hit build? It looks like it would be a stellar piece but really depends on weapon/STP/etc if you ask me.

Decided against using it. Made a Valorous Mail with STP augments to be able to use my Valorous Hose with 45 ACC, 17 ATT, DA 4, QA 2 augments.
user: Anjou
By Asura.Zarduhasselfrau 2018-05-07 00:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For scythe tp sets, would Kylos set's apply for Apoc? If not, does anyone have some apoc sets?
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-07 04:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zarduhasselfrau said: »
For scythe tp sets, would Kylos set's apply for Apoc? If not, does anyone have some apoc sets?

no, apoc and lib use different sets, at least i use different sets. for all 4 scythes.

lib, i tend to stack as much store tp as possible, i almost always start with 3000% tp so the need to build tp for am3 isnt really there, even without 3000%, you still start with 600% if you sub sam

for apoc i just go for enough store tp to hit 1000% tp with the most reasonable amount of swings pretty much all my tp sets are like that. apoc, redemption, calad, rag, anguta, after getting the right amount of store tp, i stack as much double/triple/quad attack as possible.

only sets i do different are redemption and lib. redemption i go for resonable store tp, resonable double/triple, thrn i go for crit hit rate and crit damage.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-07 09:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how raetic scythe+1 stacks up against the rema ones? Assuming you can find one, using cross reaper spam and entropy for refill. Will settle for nq right now cuz I like using cr for funs. But just wondering
 Bismarck.Mitchel
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2018-05-08 15:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Raetic algol +1 > Cala?
By afheal 2018-05-08 16:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said: »
Raetic algol +1 > Cala?

Inside Omen and Escha, yes.
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-08 17:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said: »
Raetic algol +1 > Cala?
i personally don't like algol the damage gained is marginal at best in my opinion and only last as long as you have the mp up i really didn't see too much difference. not to say there isn't a difference, but the gain wasn't big enough for me to care especially with the need for tons of refresh.
By Staleyx 2018-05-08 17:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Also shines if you are farming beads or just mucking around in escha.
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-08 19:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
yeah anything that refills your mp at the start of the fight and the fights are short enough just a little refresh will last you, algol really does do good.

as for vs ag calad or any of the drk weapons

I might personally rate drk options as follows

1. +1 algol (assuming you have the refresh and the fights are short enough, otherwise I put ag calad here
2. ag calad (see above)
3. anguta (if you are solo otherwise nq algol with refresh)
4. redemption (i find this to be extremely underrated, i stole the AM3 crit build idea from cor with arma does really well)
5. ag rag
6. lib
7. apoc
By volkom 2018-05-08 23:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

what about +1 scythe? unlimited mp with entropy
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-08 23:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

havent got hold of one yet, i would assume it is right up there with redemption,ragnarok, ut i really dont know. having the unlimited mp might push it past rag, not sure it would beat anguta solo dps.

my ranking system is based off solo dps as well, that way you can skillchain, if you are in a group, the highest dps i get is spamming torc on calad. this is anecdotal, but it seems to be working for me so far
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-05-09 12:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tacothecat said: »
yeah anything that refills your mp at the start of the fight and the fights are short enough just a little refresh will last you, algol really does do good.

1. +1 algol (assuming you have the refresh and the fights are short enough, otherwise I put ag calad here
2. ag calad (see above)
4. ag rag (3 step double light)
5. redemption (i find this to be extremely underrated, i stole the AM3 crit build idea from cor with arma does really well)
6. lib
7. apoc

I wouldn't really rank Apocalypse last. You don't make it now-a-days for DPS as it's rather a niche weapon.
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-09 14:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

2. ag calad (see above)
4. ag rag (3 step double light)
5. redemption (i find this to be extremely underrated, i stole the AM3 crit build idea from cor with arma does really well)
6. lib
7. apoc

I wouldn't really rank Apocalypse last. You don't make it now-a-days for DPS as it's rather a niche weapon.

we were talking about dps, not utility. everyone should know about apoc utility by now
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-05-26 03:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

2. ag calad (see above)
4. redemption (i find this to be extremely underrated, i stole the AM3 crit build idea from cor with arma does really well)
5. ag rag
6. lib
7. apoc

I don't have Algol or Redemption, but I do think Liberator is often under rated.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-05-26 07:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

2. ag calad (see above)
5. ag rag
6. lib
7. apoc

I don't have Algol or Redemption, but I do think Liberator is often under rated.

Absolutely agree on Lib.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-05 15:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vize said: »
my drk is already master and hence i barely get on it anymore but i was being curious about my resolution set

i tend to just wear full Af+3 and fotia set and the rings from omen regal and niq and tp bonus earring and stuff like that but i was wondering

should i leave it at max acc or should i change the head to flamma +2 and the feet to flamma +2 and the hands to sulevia +2 for the chances of double attack and triple attack to go off on resolution ?

Unless you need high acc, i'd not recommend full AF3. Generally, Argosy/+1 and Flamma+2 will do much better. WAR and DRK Resolution sets are pretty much identical sans acc issues. You can use AF+3 legs over argosy+1 because they are amazingly good, STR, Att, and Acc wise (as well as the DA is amazing). Body might be the only other AF+3 piece I'd use on DRK reso set if I needed the Acc. Honestly, with Rag and Abs-Acc, I've never seriously been hindered in the acc department when using resolution, especially if you start with scourge.

Argosy Mufflers +1 (Path D) is 39 STR 3DA (more if using set bonus) and 25 acc 6stp vs 18acc 3da -16 STR. The STR loss to Sulev is too big to pick over argosy+1 hands, so I wouldn't use those for the DA.

Sets to give you an idea
https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/359356

edit: swap brutal in for lugra during daytime, Montante +1 if you dont need acc. Raetic/+1 if you can support the MP requirement.
By irrelliuss 2018-06-08 00:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been reading the guide here and just been comparing some things.

It doesn't look like the guide has figured in Sulevia +2, and I was weighing it against some of the pieces in the guide I'm using in apoc set.

Sulevia hands have Acc+43 ATK+47 and DA+6, and has -5DT
Emicho hands have Acc+39 and STP+6

I'm still wondering how STP works vs DA

Sulevia legs are Acc+45 Atk+49 and triple attack +4 with the DT still
But Odysean I only keep for TP build and have for the STP5 haste 5 DA2.

So I guess I'm weighing STP vs double and triple attack, and the added tad of defensibility.

I know someone is going to tell me probably that STP is the best ever and I shouldn't be feeding enemies extra TP with multi strike enhancements.
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-06-08 20:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

irrelliuss said: »
I've been reading the guide here and just been comparing some things.

It doesn't look like the guide has figured in Sulevia +2, and I was weighing it against some of the pieces in the guide I'm using in apoc set.

Sulevia hands have Acc+43 ATK+47 and DA+6, and has -5DT
Emicho hands have Acc+39 and STP+6

I'm still wondering how STP works vs DA

Sulevia legs are Acc+45 Atk+49 and triple attack +4 with the DT still
But Odysean I only keep for TP build and have for the STP5 haste 5 DA2.
Check the high end sets list a couple posts down. It’s not terribly out of date. That should help.

So I guess I'm weighing STP vs double and triple attack, and the added tad of defensibility.

I know someone is going to tell me probably that STP is the best ever and I shouldn't be feeding enemies extra TP with multi strike enhancements.
What weapon are you using? Scythe or GS? Gotta factor in delay of said weapon and stp etc to get to your ideal x-hit build. Depending on what your trying to do will depend on whether stp or multi attack will benefit you the most.check the high end sets a few posts down. That should help you. Plus it’s not terribly out of date.
By irrelliuss 2018-06-11 19:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going for apoc build right now
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-14 18:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's an update to my sets from a few pages back. *Added a new section for Resin augments*. Still missing a couple of accessories, main exception being Telos Earring.

Updated DRK Sets

-All sets do not include equips I don't have yet.
-Liberator sets include extra accuracy to compensate.
-Using five Ankou Mantles for different situations.
-Accuracy values taken from /sam with no buffs.

Alternatives

Steelflash/Bladeborn >> Replaced by Cessance/Brutal.
Sulevia's Cuisses +2/Odyssean Cuisses >> AF Legs +3 for TP/WS.
Odyssean Gauntlets (WS) >> AF Hands +3.
Stikini Ring for Absorbs >> Kishar Ring.
Excelsis Ring for Drain/Aspir >> Archon Ring.
K'ayres Ring & Meridian Ring (spikes/souleater) >> Moonbeam Ring x2
Gracile Grip, Kentarch Belt +1, and some Valorous >> Utu Grip.
Valorous Mask & Flamm. Gambieras +1 (Reso) >> Argosy Head & Feet +1s.
Impatiens >> Sapience Orb.
Valorous Greaves (TP) >> Flamma +2
Twilight Torque (DT-) >> Loricate Torque +1
Darkness/Merman's Earring (DT-) >> Ethereal Earring
(only if PDT/MDT capped elsewhere)
Cassie/Etiolation (HP) >> Odnowa Earring NQ & +1
Flamma/Rufescent/Titan +1 (WS) Rings >> Regal Ring
Stikini Ring >> Stikini Ring +1 (Only one for now)
Are's Cuirass +1 (idle) >> Lugra Cloak +1

Macro Pieces

The following equips are used in niche situations:

-Relic Head +1/Empy Legs +1 for Dark Seal/Nether Void.
-Ankou's Mantle for Last Resort duration.
-AF Feet +3 for Arcane Circle.
-AF Hands +3 for Weapon Bash.
(Gives a chainbound effect similar to Wild Flourish)
-Twilight Helm/Mail for Auto Reraise.
-Twilight Cloak for Impact.

Ankou Mantle Resin Augments

Will still list augments below despite having them here, in case anyone skips this section. I have five mantles and do not plan on adding more. (I only have two wardrobes and they're full)

1) DEX+20, ACC+30 Atk+20, STP+10, Resist To Status +10.
2) STR+20, ACC+30 Atk+20, Dbl Atk +10, Resist To Status +10.
3) STR+20, ACC+30 Atk+20, WSdmg +10, Damage Taken -5%.
4) VIT+20, ACC+30 Atk+20, WSdmg +10, Damage Taken -5%.
5) HP+60, Fast Cast +10, Eva+20, MEva +30, Damage Taken -5%.

Note: Status ailments are annoying while TPing, and at other times I'm more concerned about AoE damage. The dbl atk. mantle is a TP & WS piece, so it's a good one to make first.

Sets

Edit: Added Lugra Cloak +1. Better augment on V. Mail, so updated accuracy values as well.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-06-14 18:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend getting lugra cloak +1 for idle, idling in non-ilevel is pretty lame. can always set a macro to toggle on/off twilight set if you're 100% about to die
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-14 18:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I would recommend getting lugra cloak +1 for idle, idling in non-ilevel is pretty lame. can always set a macro to toggle on/off twilight set if you're 100% about to die

Thanks, that is one thing on my list to get along with Telos & Dignitary.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-06-14 19:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally like to idle in Ratri head +1 and Twilight Mail. It's not like you are going to be idling when you might get hit, unlike mages.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-06-14 19:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the cloak is more for refresh, I'd have 1 less regen if I switched it in.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-06-15 11:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I use staunch +1, loricate +1/etiolation/sanarae, cloak +1/sulev +2/dring/moonlight, moonlight, nierenschutz, sulev +2/sulev +2
By aisukage 2018-06-15 13:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

These are my 2 idle set's i been rocking.
ItemSet 359522
This set is my Normal Idle set.
Cape = HP, Eva/M.Eva, FC+10%, Regen+5 (also used as my FC cape)

ItemSet 359524
Thia ia my DT idle set when i am sitting around knowing i could be taking damage. Great especially when weakened. Provides a lot of HP while also maintaining capped PDT and MDT (with shell)
Edit: updated my set to include Jumalik since i forgot about that item.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-15 13:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I opt for Jumalik Mail since it has both DT and refresh. From there, you have the option of either using a Regain or Refresh head.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 203 204 205