Question For The Women Of FFXI (and Maybe Even The Manthras)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Question for the women of FFXI (and maybe even the Manthras)
Question for the women of FFXI (and maybe even the Manthras)
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-06-11 08:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this has come up or not already. Do you get hit on alot? I do, and it gets a little annoying at times. Some people don't mind doing the online flirting thing and that's cool..sometimes I don't mind a little bit. I just hate how I'll meet a guy, we talk a lot, and suddenly he has to start flirting...like, no matter what I say, it turns to that. I'm here to play a game, not to "date". I'm thinking of putting in my bazaar message "I'm 33 years old and don't look like my character."
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-11 08:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I do. Even randomly because I'm a mithra. I always say I'm not interested.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 08:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I do a bit sometimes and I'm a dude... it's always weird when people are like your a chick right? Especially since I'm pretty damn sure I don't act like one and certainly say things that very few would lol. I'd blame it on me being a female taru except with my gear and it being taru its generally rather hard to tell the gender of my character...
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-06-11 08:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha yeah, it can definitely be a benefit to guys...just go along with it and get stuff. Although, I never get stuff....just stupid comments. ><
 Sylph.Tochtli
Server: Sylph
user: Inguesu
By Sylph.Tochtli 2009-06-11 08:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Happens even with male characters... girls flirt with me some times as Taru-boy and elv-man... and when I am taru girl I have a special charm <.< waaaah!!! I often say: sorry I am >insert here the oposite gender of your character<... /sigh sometimes dont work
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-11 08:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I want free gil.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Server: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-06-11 09:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I play mithra because I need something to look at while I play 6+ hours. But, yes, people hit on me all of the time. AND, I do milk it. I even gave emote lap dances for millions of gil. It's how I made my first 10M in the days of inflation. What's even more funny, the guy who spent the most, has come back, and knows now, I'm a guy.
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-06-11 09:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL that's awesome. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2009-06-11 09:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My wife and I play, and people hit on her all the time, possibly unaware her husband is standing right next to her lol. Most of the time it's young guys who flip out when they find out she's actually a girl, and, you guessed it, start hitting on her right away. We both joke it off, but once in a while these guys get a little carried away. It always funny to see thier reaction when she tells them "My hubby is that 75 DRK right behind you..."
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-06-11 09:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Rikiyame said:
I play mithra because I need something to look at while I play 6+ hours. But, yes, people hit on me all of the time. AND, I do milk it. I even gave emote lap dances for millions of gil. It's how I made my first 10M in the days of inflation. What's even more funny, the guy who spent the most, has come back, and knows now, I'm a guy.

I dunno about you, but my character isn't one of the main things I look at while I'm playing the game. I like to keep watch of the things that could possibly aggro and kill me.

I'm sure you make it pretty easy for them to hit on you.

So, you have no gear whatsoever that you wear just for looks? It's all practical?
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-11 09:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
No, I don't have "town gear" to try to impress anybody or make myself look "cool".

I don't have time to stand around in whitegate so everyone can look at my character, I get things done.

This^

Town gear is stupid and a waste of inventory space.

Rayik said:
My wife and I play, and people hit on her all the time, possibly unaware her husband is standing right next to her lol. Most of the time it's young guys who flip out when they find out she's actually a girl, and, you guessed it, start hitting on her right away. We both joke it off, but once in a while these guys get a little carried away. It always funny to see thier reaction when she tells them "My hubby is that 75 DRK right behind you..."

I know a couple who play together and the guy flips out when people "hit" on his woman. I say who cares, try to get free ***out of it.

Hell I used to let my ex get me free drinks at bars. Guys would hit on her and offer a drink and she would say "only if you buy one for my friend." They assumed another girl though not her boyfriend lol.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-06-11 09:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I like my eyepatch, Tidal Talisman, Nomad Cap, and all of the event gear(Pitchfork!). ;_;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 09:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Rowland said:
No, I don't have "town gear" to try to impress anybody or make myself look "cool".

So what would having full homam and attempting to get another set of all the omega parts be...?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-11 09:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Excesspain said:
Rowland said:

So what would having full homam and attempting to get another set of all the omega parts be...?

stupid and a waste of inventory space. Also failed e-peen for trying to brag about it here.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-11 09:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, that's just dumb and greedy. Give it to other people who need them.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 09:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Dasva said:
Excesspain said:
Rowland said:

stupid and a waste of inventory space. Also failed e-peen for trying to brag about it here.

Lol always so full of cheer arent we. Notice I said attempting. Not really e-peen till I do it no? Way to be a douche bag again. But I got plenty inventory thank you. And really why throw it away if you don't need the space?
Excesspain said:
I agree, that's just dumb and greedy. Give it to other people who need them.

My entire ls had any part I got extra on and is now 5/5 and certain lame buyers didn't show up so no one to give them too.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-11 09:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Why go if they didn't show? Seems like a waste of a pop set to me.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 09:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Why go if they didn't show? Seems like a waste of a pop set to me.

Well some backed out at the last second. And with having people from PST to england we didn't really have the time to go back and job change. Also if we didn't go everytime a buyer or 2 didn't show we would've never gone cause most or buyers were rather flaky... like saying they'd go the day before or once even an hour before and not being on. We also tend to have bad luck in that the only things we don't have buyers for being what drops... we even had one buyer back out on the way there because he thought he'd get a 2 for 1 deal...
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-11 09:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Blazza said:
Dasva said:
Excesspain said:
Rowland said:

Lol always so full of cheer arent we. Notice I said attempting. Not really e-peen till I do it no? Way to be a douche bag again. But I got plenty inventory thank you. And really why throw it away if you don't need the space?

Of come on Dasva, you know I have nothing but love for you </sarcasm>

Why throw it away if you don't need the space you ask? Why get the drop if you don't need it? The ONLY reason is so that you can take a screeny later of full homam and 5 Omega pieces somewhere down the line to make other people jealous. Maybe it's not wasteful (if your LS really is all 5/5), but it's certainly childish and immature, yet somehow that makes me the douchebag... uh-huh...
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-06-11 09:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I hit on taru.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2009-06-11 09:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:

I know a couple who play together and the guy flips out when people "hit" on his woman. I say who cares, try to get free ***out of it.

I don't flip out over it, but sometimes people make some comments that are just plain inappropriate. I don't make threats or anything, but I just speak up ask them politely to tone it down a little, or to be a little more respectful. 99% of the time it's fellow LS members, so they usually heed my request. If a random dude runs up and starts stuff, there's truthfully not a lot that can be done outside of asking them to stop. This isn't Ultima Online; I can;t just attack or raid or whatever. All you can do is hope the person on the other end has a little sense and decency (which is a LOT to hope for).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 10:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Of come on Dasva, you know I have nothing but love for you </sarcasm>

Why throw it away if you don't need the space you ask? Why get the drop if you don't need it? The ONLY reason is so that you can take a screeny later of full homam and 5 Omega pieces somewhere down the line to make other people jealous. Maybe it's not wasteful (if your LS really is all 5/5), but it's certainly childish and immature, yet somehow that makes me the douchebag... uh-huh...

Actually I question if you actually have positive feelings for anyone. You'll have to do a better job of explaining how not tossing a item is childish and immature. Also there actually was a point. It was a kinda of a message to our buyers. No we don't budge on our prices and yes well take rots and yes we actually get lots of homam. Isn't it the job of any salesperson(which I effectively was) to brag about what they selling?
 Cerberus.Nieko
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-11 10:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rayik said:

well if ur wife wasnt tremendously great maybe it wouldnt happen....
lol *wave Rayik* Nice to see Cerberus in here finally.
 Cerberus.Nieko
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-11 10:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiriyu said:
I rape tarus.

Kiriyu
B
AWESOME!
I