Question For The Women Of FFXI (and Maybe Even The Manthras)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Question for the women of FFXI (and maybe even the Manthras)
Question for the women of FFXI (and maybe even the Manthras)
 Cerberus.Greenjade
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2009-06-11 10:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

When I first started playing I got hit on a lot, but now not as much anymore. Then again, my play time drastically so I don't log on as much now. And the people in my LS are used to me so only people that don't know me end up hitting on me.
 Fairy.Mykoto
Server: Fairy
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-06-11 10:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I do get hit on a lot... I find it odd, and a little... disturbing when people try to hit on a tarutaru just cause she's a female model lol... I just assume they're all into pedophilia >.>;;
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2009-06-11 10:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

O
Mykoto said:
I do get hit on a lot... I find it odd, and a little... disturbing when people try to hit on a tarutaru just cause she's a female model lol... I just assume they're all into pedophilia >.>;;

This happens a lot when I'm on my Taru F mule. There used to be this Elvaan PLD that would stalk my taru when I was leveling her a little bit. ._.;
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 10:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Kiriyu said:
I rape tarus.

Kiriyu
B
AWESOME!
I
M
Taru!!

Unfortunately she didn't actually say that... this time anyways she probably will eventually lol
 Cerberus.Nieko
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-11 10:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Nieko said:
Kiriyu said:
I rape tarus.

Kiriyu
B
AWESOME!
I
M
Taru!!

Unfortunately she didn't actually say that... this time anyways she probably will eventually lol

lol wishful thinkin i guess. Tho if there's a list starting I'd like to add my name to the top of said list.
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-06-11 10:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Kiriyu said:
I rape tarus.
I c wut u did thar
If only they would submit so easily.

But seriously, it happens to the guys too! Not nearly as much as girls on here ofc, but as long as there will be taru there will be people like me. :<

& not all guys hit on chicks for cyberz. Some people are just bored and do it for shits n giggles.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 10:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiriyu said:
Rowland said:
Kiriyu said:
I rape tarus.
I c wut u did thar

How exactly am I gonna resist your like twice my height... and I never said anything against all those times you /em spank me
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-11 10:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiriyu said:
Rowland said:
Kiriyu said:
I rape tarus.
I c wut u did thar

But seriously, it happens to the guys too! Not nearly as much as girls on here ofc, but as long as there will be taru there will be people like me. :<

& not all guys hit on chicks for cyberz. Some people are just bored and do it for shits n giggles.

Very true. I never really hit on anyone, i'll make random comments or jokes but never really to try to get u outta those RSE pants. And quite frankly if a girl was to take it to that extreme i'd be very weirded out.
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-06-11 10:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

luh u still
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2009-06-11 10:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

*lick Bungie*

I usually hit on Taru's sometimes I guess. They're just so gosh darn cute~
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-11 10:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Greenjade said:
*lick Bungie*

I usually hit on Taru's sometimes I guess. They're just so gosh darn cute~

I repeat.
I
M
TARU!!
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-11 10:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP:

I used to in the past, but I think my having a female toon threw people off. I never hid fact that I am a male IRL (and my other primary Character is male, Darkmoose).

I think just as more and more people got to know me around the server, they just kind of knew. I did have one guy that didn't so much hit on me, but was flirty for lack of a better term. He was a nice guy, but I told him several times that I was a guy, and I think he thought I was just saying that to try to get rid of him.

People in-game call me either Ara or Moose, but it depends on lot on which character I was using when we first met. I tend to go through stretches where I'll use Aramina a lot and Moose sits around town, then back to Darkmoose more while Ara just gets called out for Raises, Retrace, etc.

In the end, they are my "characters" and I tend to act out different parts of my psyche depending on which is logged in. Aramina is WHM, BRD, and BLM, while Darkmoose is PLD, SAM, and THF. I tend to be a little more "motherly" when I'm logged into Aramina, and more "fatherly" when I'm logged into Darkmoose.

However, on either one, I'm a type-A, lead from the front, always looking for the next adventure sort.

Long story of why I had two characters and kept leveling two, but I really love it. I just wish they were on different accounts, or that there was a way to separate them as such.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2009-06-11 10:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna have to get past Thunderhawk the resident Taru eater in my LS to get to me. =P
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-11 10:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Taru eater?
While that threw me off a lil now I'm gonna follow u around game just for the sake of doing it lol

AND NO I'm not looking to cyber so if anyone from cerberus ever sees me making random flirty comments or whatever, know now, it's just that. Nothing more.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-11 10:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty damn silly hitting on female characters in this game. Sooooo many people are manthras etc.

That's why I hit on every man woman and child, just in case.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-11 10:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
It's pretty damn silly hitting on female characters in this game. Sooooo many people are manthras etc.

My point exactly. Just know ahead of time that if i make a joke about {galka} {meat} {jerkin} I am still just joking. If u send me a pm after that I'm callin a GM on you lol
 Hades.Elizazo
Server: Hades
user: Elizazo
By Hades.Elizazo 2009-06-11 10:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When I started playing I got hit on alot. It's not as much now but it's really easy to dissuade someone in the end. Nothing like telling someone your married with two children. Or just throw in there "BRB gotta go change a diaper" LOL
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-11 10:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

not only lots of manthras... but what if your like 20 hitting on someone 50 years old, people assume they are hitting on people just like their avatar, its ridiculous.

Im a manthra and yes i get it, and try to slip in somewhere that im male, or hope someone examines me, cus it says there.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-11 10:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:

not only lots of manthras... but what if your like 20 hitting on someone 50 years old, people assume they are hitting on people just like their avatar, its ridiculous.

Im a manthra and yes i get it, and try to slip in somewhere that im male, or hope someone examines me, cus it says there.

Nothin wrong wit a lil cougar action... that line works on two levels lol
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-11 10:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Off-topic:

I know on Odin we have...

a Galka named Tarubreaker
a Tarutaru called Galkafingerfood

I wonder which came first and if they are the same person or if one is a response to the other. This is more a inter-racial issue than a M/F one, but just curious. Maybe either of them reads this.
 Pandemonium.Melaise
Server: Pandemonium
user: Melly
By Pandemonium.Melaise 2009-06-11 10:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I do. My mithra alt gets hit on alot more though.. my Elvaan (main) only really gets hit on when I'm wearing my DNC gear or something like that. It's the *** /laugh

If it's just a comment here or there or a friend just Bs'ing around I don't mind at all, but if it's a complete stranger that repeatedly hits on me and they don't stop when I ask them to, yeah I get pissed. That's why we have a blacklist :D
 Shiva.Ragnell
Server: Shiva
user: Ragnell
By Shiva.Ragnell 2009-06-11 10:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on bahamut I use to get hit on, I think, but that doesnt happen on Shiva, well not yet, I havent exp'd much outside my LS.

I remember getting a random /tell from someone offering me 100k to "cyber with them" they was on a mule in bastok, I still have screenshots. when I questioned how'd he get 100k on a lv1 character he never replied again lol
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-11 10:56:53
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I play a mithra simply because I like them. Does there have to be any more reason or motive? Anyways, abit of advice my friend gave me for all the manthras out there; when repeatedly hit on by strangers eventually respond with: "That's not my tail you're pulling."

Works every time.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-11 11:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

*Shrugs.* I don't get any advances on my Mithra alt, probably because I make it well known that I'm a guy.

And when I played PWI, the Venomancer was a female only race/class, so I had to play a F character to play that class. But, I rarely got hit on there. When I did though, I just ignored it. lol
 Pandemonium.Melaise
Server: Pandemonium
user: Melly
By Pandemonium.Melaise 2009-06-11 11:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I play a mithra simply because I like them. Does there have to be any more reason or motive? Anyways, abit of advice my friend gave me for all the manthras out there; when repeatedly hit on by strangers eventually respond with: "That's not my tail you're pulling."

Works every time.

LMAO.
That is so win..
just had to say, lol
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-06-11 11:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh I'm a manthra. I used to get hit on all the time. Never do anymore. been playing on ramuh too long IMO, everyone on it knows i'm a guy now and everyone knows my gf. Had a guy tho hit on my GF the other day saying "Hey let's make out like rabbits" o.O Kinda irritating when strangers make such perverted comments to ppl they don't know!

Had a time where a guy used to continue to hit on me, even after repeatedly saying I'm a guy. Gay ppl exist too!
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-11 11:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Think he might have thought you were just saying you were a guy to get rid of him, same as happened to me.

I know some women with male characters that keep it fairly hushed that they are female IRL for this reason.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2009-06-11 11:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It was really annoying at first. Either I've gotten used to just brushing them off, or they don't do it any more. Hard to tell which.

I don't accept free stuff unless it's from my hunny or close friends. Even then I don't like to.. but often they don't take no for an answer.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-06-11 11:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys sometimes try to flirt with me. I tell them right away that I'm married and play FF with my husband. But really, it's never been an issue because I'm sure most of them are joking so I don't take it seriously. I don't flirt back, but no sense getting offended by it unless the guy takes it way too far or doesn't understand 'no.' As for free gifts or gil, no. I prefer to make my own way like everyone else.

However, there are a select few guys that I know in-game who tried to flirt, found out I was married, and made friends with my husband and I and we now hang out with them occasionally simply because they are pals now. Crazy guys are crazy, but some of them make really good friends.
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-06-11 11:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No, not really. My ingame name already resembles a male and my character kinda looks boyish wearing a hat so no one ever really notice that i'm female. lol, so if u wanna not get hit on, act like a guy. or say that you are! :)