Forum » FFXI » Endgame » New Cruor/gil Idea
New Cruor/gil Idea
First Page 2 3
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Arkista 2012-11-16 09:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ever since reading what the Dev team posted yesterday SE has kinda pissed me off with their "You need better gear to be skilled" to do legion and NNI and other hard content. Yes gear is important too but since the update with chocobo blinker nerf VW on my server has died alot I use to see alot like Qilin maybe like 6+ /sh for the little time I was on now a few here and there and most vw is taking 30 mins to over an hour to fill and not windy/sandy/basty climbs or T1-T3 high tiers that use to fill in a few mins, Some VW still fill up fast still depending on the day/time.So to bring VW back so people like me who dont have the best luck and can't get 5/5 on say Athos gear can, I think SE should add a NPC in the game that we can sell blinkers or any cruor item to with a good gil to cruor ratio, But have the npc only deal with people of Rank 10 or who have got something like CoP RoZ ToAu beat maybe even have to kill every VWNM for all tiers? I think that would keep RMT's from converting cruor to gil bring VW back from near death unless SE starts to fix drop rate for VW I see it dying off soon just like any old content. All this might sound like a stupid idea to some people, But people use cruor/gil to buy voiddust and cells so we could do more VW to get those drops some people even did it to fund relic/emp weapons.

*****EDIT CRUOR TO GIL IS NOT MY SOURCE OF GIL*******
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Server: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2012-11-16 09:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Just stop.
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2012-11-16 09:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my head just exploded...
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-11-16 09:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

GUYS! GUYS! I WANT FREE GIL! GUYS! LISTEN TO ME! GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-11-16 10:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea in theory but part of the problem with choco blinkers was that there was just too much gil being created in the game. If you think about VW alone if 18 people collect 100k worth of npc'ables every 6x /sh and dump them all off after the run thats 1.8M generated on the server that didn't use to be there. So when you think of how many 100's of VW runs there are it creates millions of gil that purely didn't exsist. That is just VW npcables, choco blinkers was its own monster. When you double/triple the amount of gil created by npc for each VW run it floods the servers. It's why people are willing to pay 80Mil for ***like kraken club or 600 Mil for a mythic. Back at the 75 cap this kind of gil just was not around.
 Bahamut.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2012-11-16 10:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Wakabo said: »
No. Just stop.
[+]
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-11-16 10:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dind't say it was for everyone just an idea trying to throw something out there. I dont have time to sit and wait for VW to fill up slow as hell just to get better gear or keep trying to do Qilin to get a damn dagger which I'm 0/500+ on. And I only used the chocobo blinker to gil thing twice other than that my cruor is spent on brews to make my emps. The whole point is to get people back into doing VW like before the nerf, I'm sorry I need that better gear to be "skilled".
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-11-16 10:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »
GUYS! GUYS! I WANT FREE GIL! GUYS! LISTEN TO ME! GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
I can make gil without converting cruor. How many people do you kow that did this and now no longer do VW as much?
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-11-16 10:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

RMT would have no problem burning a job to 99 and raping any of the quest lines in the game, and blinkering was removed because also actual players were earning too much Gil and too rapidly for it to get out of the system, causing a huge rise in prices throughout the AH simply because "why not, I can afford it".

Besides, VW was already half dead after most of the people finally got the drops they wanted and had no incentive in returning to T1s and such.

Also, if you want good gear, go do Legion and Neo Nyzul before the next Nerf.
[+]
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-11-16 10:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
I like the idea in theory but part of the problem with choco blinkers was that there was just too much gil being created in the game. If you think about VW alone if 18 people collect 100k worth of npc'ables every 6x /sh and dump them all off after the run thats 1.8M generated on the server that didn't use to be there. So when you think of how many 100's of VW runs there are it creates millions of gil that purely didn't exsist. That is just VW npcables, choco blinkers was its own monster. When you double/triple the amount of gil created by npc for each VW run it floods the servers. It's why people are willing to pay 80Mil for ***like kraken club or 600 Mil for a mythic. Back at the 75 cap this kind of gil just was not around.
Your right there is to much gil in circulation. SE can do things like add stuff to Npcs like voiddust 20-25k a pop on the AH for dust that would take millions of gil out every day.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-11-16 10:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
RMT would have no problem burning a job to 99 and raping any of the quest lines in the game, and blinkering was removed because also actual players were earning too much Gil and too rapidly for it to get out of the system, causing a huge rise in prices throughout the AH simply because "why not, I can afford it".

Besides, VW was already half dead after most of the people finally got the drops they wanted and had no incentive in returning to T1s and such.

Also, if you want good gear, go do Legion and Neo Nyzul before the next Nerf.
Well "Go do Legion and Neo Nyzul" according to the Dev Team I have to be better geared so I can win one of those events. I do NNI and with crappy luck havent got a win yet.
By Voren 2012-11-16 10:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

1. On Bismark alone the K club has sold for 20mil in 2004. Was that at 75 cap?

2. Prices have not gone down, many prices have gone up. People got use to having a Rockafeller roll on them. I understand that price levelling is slow, but we should have seen a downward trend by now, so far not so much. Maybe I need more patience, dunno.

3. Dude....no. I have come to terms with the chocoblinking deal after my initial OMGWTFIH8UALL deal. We made this economy suck, time to make it better.

4. Last I checked Athos gear is Rare/Ex, no gil needed to buy. Most of the nice items are rare/ex, so your arguement for gil = better gear is invalid. Only time gil helps gear is relics, and those can be farmed by a lolperlebst. There may be a few other items, but I would say 95% or more good, highend gear is rare/ex.
 Bismarck.Punchus
Server: Bismarck
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2012-11-16 10:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

While Legion may contain 2-3 "good" pieces it really doesn't offer anything that is game changing nor does it drop often. Legion is a fun yet frustrating event that an extremely skilled/geared group can do but an equally skilled and lesser geared group can do aswell. As for the incoming nerf people are already clearing Legion w/o PD and Embrava so the decrease in NM hp% will only make it that much easier.
 Siren.Ravager
Server: Siren
user: Reeicheep
By Siren.Ravager 2012-11-16 10:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Arkista said: »
Ever since reading what the Dev team posted yesterday SE has kinda pissed me off with their "You need better gear to be skilled" to do legion and NNI and other hard content. Yes gear is important too but since the update with chocobo blinker nerf VW on my server has died alot I use to see alot like Qilin maybe like 6+ /sh for the little time I was on now a few here and there and most vw is taking 30 mins to over an hour to fill and not windy/sandy/basty climbs or T1-T3 high tiers that use to fill in a few mins, Some VW still fill up fast still depending on the day/time.So to bring VW back so people like me who dont have the best luck and can't get 5/5 on say Athos gear can, I think SE should add a NPC in the game that we can sell blinkers or any cruor item to with a good gil to cruor ratio, But have the npc only deal with people of Rank 10 or who have got something like CoP RoZ ToAu beat maybe even have to kill every VWNM for all tiers? I think that would keep RMT's from converting cruor to gil bring VW back from near death unless SE starts to fix drop rate for VW I see it dying off soon just like any old content. All this might sound like a stupid idea to some people, But people use cruor/gil to buy voiddust and cells so we could do more VW to get those drops some people even did it to fund relic/emp weapons.

My Brain just Divided by Zero. Crour as you only means of gil means your doing something wrong
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-11-16 10:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
1. On Bismark alone the K club has sold for 20mil in 2004. Was that at 75 cap?

2. Prices have not gone down, many prices have gone up. People got use to having a Rockafeller roll on them. I understand that price levelling is slow, but we should have seen a downward trend by now, so far not so much. Maybe I need more patience, dunno.

3. Dude....no. I have come to terms with the chocoblinking deal after my initial OMGWTFIH8UALL deal. We made this economy suck, time to make it better.

4. Last I checked Athos gear is Rare/Ex, no gil needed to buy. Most of the nice items are rare/ex, so your arguement for gil = better gear is invalid. Only time gil helps gear is relics, and those can be farmed by a lolperlebst. There may be a few other items, but I would say 95% or more good, highend gear is rare/ex.
I don't even care about the gil, It just sucks that VW /sh have gone to ***since the nerf. Yes I know Athos is RA/EX cause I need that ***and it sucks to spam VW over and over and not get a damn thing, But other people can go to vw get a HQ dag from Qilin then a few runs later get a pulse cell mean while people like me go 500+ times and get nothing.SE either needs to fix drop rates or do something. I cant go solo or low many a VW for 1% drop rate and spend 500k a week on displacers to even try.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-11-16 10:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say VW on Odin is dead. My ls of maybe about 10 people do VW twice a week and shout to fill the alli, and we don't usually have problems filling up. People still enjoy the runs. If Qilin is what you need, Lilzero is doing a shout for it right now, right this minute, for 12 kills.
By Voren 2012-11-16 10:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So instead of asking for a new gil idea, how about petitioning for a more consistant drop rate? Or maybe some way to earn vouchers to turn in for the gear? Get a crafting item, option to decline and get voucher. Save up so many vouchers, turn in, get gear.

And I've seen fewer shouts, but also remember that a lot of people who have gone through Vw were on this game for years and had good gear, had good strategies, had good luck, and had/have a solid LS.

Maybe SE's drop rates favor amount of play time.

Edit: iPad + fat fingers = spelling errors.
[+]
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-11-16 10:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ravager said: »

My Brain just Divided by Zero. Crour as you only means of gil means your doing something wrong
Sorry but I did not say my source of gil was from Cruor. Dyna/crafting/fishing/farming/selling pops I can make gil w/o cruor.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2012-11-16 10:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocobo blinkers were simply a source of inflation. They were a good source of gil, but there was no counterbalancing gil sink to take it out of the economy. Don't get me wrong, I miss blinkers, I used to cleave to build emp weapons, let my friends leech and hold pop sets. I used to walk away having made 2-3m cruor off of each weapon. I complained for a day after blinkers, and moved on.

Did you realize there's still methods to convert cruor into gil? /gasp, the exchange rate isn't as good, but it's still there. There's more than one way to skin a cat, so please consider that before you ask for something like blinkers to be undone without even thinking about what was wrong with them in the first place.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-11-16 10:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Printing more gil is by no means the way to stimulate an economy. It only brings it down.

This is not meant as a slight, but those are all incredibly stupid ideas. Getting the higher tier gear usually takes teamwork, which also takes skill. Or skill in trade, buying and selling, and so forth to acrue the necessary gil to buy from the AH, bazaars, or mercenary groups. There are already three different sources to purchase Voiddust: Conquest Points, Imperial Standing, and Allied Notes.

As mentioned before, if the only way you can make progress with gil is with cruor (which is akin to basically being given a handout by the bank) then something is indeed wrong. There's no competition or skill involved when you can simply sit in an RMT group all day, make a million+ cruor, recover your losses, and still gain an unreasonable profit.

If you're really hurting for gil that badly, do what some other players have done, and just buy it, otherwise quit with the pity party and do things the way they were meant to be done: Play the game, farm up materials and sell them to other players. ***tons of gil already in the system, which is still willing to be passed from one player to the next.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-11-16 10:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok maybe I should say SE can you please add a new npc that will sell us Voiddust for 25k each, Could you raise the drop rate of ra/ex gear
and weapons, Could you make it so people who already have 5/5 gear can give it to their friends, Could you please do something to make people want to do more VW.

Yes VW still happens on my Server not as much as before the nerf and it takes a hella lot longer to fill depending on the day and time. I guess people spam VW when im not on according to Leila.

And I have ways to make gil that don't use Cruor I could buy cells and put them on the ah. But I need my Cruor to get cell for drops so
I can try and get a better chance at a 1% rate.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-11-16 10:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

VW's biggest flaw has nothing to do with cruor.
The main flaw was that people had no other reason to repeating a tier or a fight once they got their piece of armor.

You don't need "Athos" or such to beat Nei Nyzul or Legion though. I'd suggest looking at the team you do those events and try improve your overall performance in communication and preparation. Besides, who said, Neo Nyzul wasn't based on shitty luck.
Regardless, if I were you I'd focus more on those 2 events before the Embrava/PD nerfs, because those will hurt you way more.

At least in VW you can try compensate by building a smaller group and using weakness items.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-11-16 10:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The main flaw was that people had no other reason to repeating a tier or a fight once they got their piece of armor.

You don't need "Athos" or such to beat Nei Nyzul or Legion though. I'd suggest looking at the team you do those events and try improve your overall performance in communication and preparation. Besides, who said, Neo Nyzul wasn't based on shitty luck.
Regardless, if I were you I'd focus more on those 2 events before the Embrava/PD nerfs, because those will hurt you way more.

At least in VW you can try compensate by building a smaller group and using weakness items.
I do NNI we got a pretty solid team we just have shitty luck on jumps and lamp order floors.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-11-16 10:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I do NNI we got a pretty solid team we just have shitty luck on jumps and lamp order floors.

/comfort Sadly that's how NINI is :(
By Voren 2012-11-16 10:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok maybe I should say SE can you please add a new npc that will sell us Voiddust for 25k each, Could you raise the drop rate of ra/ex gear
and weapons, Could you make it so people who already have 5/5 gear can give it to their friends, Could you please do something to make people want to do more VW.

See that wasn't so hard now was it?
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-11-16 10:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather buy voiddust for 22k from the AH. Idk, I'm crazy though.

Actually I'd rather just go off of the pile of 600 or so stones I already have for 0 gil.
 Bahamut.Orinthia
user: Orinthia
By Bahamut.Orinthia 2012-11-16 10:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Increasing drop rates in VW would just kill the shouts even faster, you know this right? There isn't much incentive to VW once you get your items, and cruor was not much a deciding factor here since it was much faster in abyssea.

If anything, give us something else to spend cruor on for something useful and not npcable, like say pulse items for 10M cruor with full VW clear and atma of savior as requirements to open and a certain number of kills of VW bosses to claim (like pay 10M cruor, have the full VW clear+savior reqs, kill pil 12 times to get one toci pulse cell; make new cells for the other main wanted drops; still need 5 cells). These reqs would be really hard/impossible to do for rmt, though actual players probably wouldn't be inconvenienced too much.

It'd increase the shouts but only for a short while until most people have the clears already. And it won't take long really.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-11-16 10:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Orinthia said: »
Increasing drop rates in VW would just kill the shouts even faster, you know this right? There isn't much incentive to VW once you get your items, and cruor was not much a deciding factor here since it was much faster in abyssea.

Yeah but that's ok - OP would get their drops and anything after that doesn't matter.
By QuetzalcoatlRoark 2012-11-16 11:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

give me money
By Aeyela 2012-11-16 11:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The RMT will always level around level restrictions. What they should have done was limit the number of blinkers any single player could buy per day. That would have maintained the casual income whilst stopping people from going overboard.

But, as usual, SE just did a ham fisted job of 'fixing' things.
First Page 2 3