2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » New Cruor/gil Idea
New Cruor/gil Idea
By Sharain 2012-11-30 13:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Everything you've said could be summed up as 'There is a high standard deviation in the gil totals obtained from Pulse Cell: Tos from Pil'. I acknowledged that in my first post. What the hell are you trying to say or prove?
I'm done repeating myself, as you're not getting it. If there was a lottery with 200 000 prize with 1/10 000 chance of winning and each ticket was 5 dollars, you'd probably say it's a great idea to buy a ticket every day, because, you know, the expected value of buying it is 15 dollars of profit!
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-11-30 13:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sharain said: »
Everything you've said could be summed up as 'There is a high standard deviation in the gil totals obtained from Pulse Cell: Tos from Pil'. I acknowledged that in my first post. What the hell are you trying to say or prove?
I'm done repeating myself, as you're not getting it. If there was a lottery with 200 000 prize with 1/10 000 chance of winning and each ticket was 5 dollars, you'd probably say it's a great idea to buy a ticket every day, because, you know, the expected value of buying it is 15 dollars of profit!
Spend $50,000 on tickets and walk away with $200,000? Where do I sign up?
By Sharain 2012-11-30 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tragedie said: »
Spend $50,000 on tickets and walk away with $200,000? Where do I sign up?
Forgot to add that you can only buy one a day. :P And who's to say you actually win with 10 000 tickets?
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-11-30 13:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot to add that you can only buy one a day. :P And who's to say you actually win with 10 000 tickets?
Based it on the assumption that you could choose your ticket number.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-30 13:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

lol if the lottery had those kinds of odds I would definately buy a ticket every day
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-30 13:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If there was a lottery with 200 000 prize with 1/10 000 chance of winning and each ticket was 5 dollars, you'd probably say it's a great idea to buy a ticket every day, because, you know, the expected value of buying it is 15 dollars of profit!
Absolutely, under the condition that you can afford the $1800/year without changing your income bracket. I wouldn't recommend someone working minimum wage, but why wouldn't a middle/upper-middle class person do it?

So I guess the question is whether you can tolerate that you might not get the voidwatch drop you want in the amount of kills you want. The answer seems to be no.