Legit Neo-Nyzul Guide
First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Egonn
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-08-31 09:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the disclaimer: You won't win the first ten-twenty maybe 50 times you do this unless you use mods. Also I'm not 15/15 but I'm 5/5 of what I need with a couple extras. This is a guide for people who don't want to use mods of any kind. If you use the lamp dats that's up to you but I would expect to fail if you get an order lamp floor with more than three lamps. Feel free to add advice if you're baller.

Alright, let's start at the beginning for what you need. It's an expensive list so pull out your pocket books.

From the box you should have preset fighters,gnostics, fanatics, fools, dusty wing, body boost and whatever else you feel you need. But those are a minimum.
Icarus Wings for emergency's. Last night we won but timed out before we could lot. These saved our ***.
Vile Elixir and Vile Elixir +1 for everyone. How we're going to do this you'll need them.
Ranged items for when voke isn't up and you have to agro gears.
Sneak/Invis: Don't waste your time with these unless it's a lamp floor. That's the only time you should be using them.
Reraise items. But if someone dies you're probably screwed.
SCH's need ethers etc. One should be following you around like you owe him money.
Remedies. At least 12, the SCH's don't have time for your mental illness if you didn't bring them.
Food: Do I really need to mention this?
20 pairs of powder boots. I repeat 20 pairs of powder boots. Everyone needs these, Scholars need to get the boots that allow them to run faster during elemental weather they make.
Skype/Vent/Teamspeak

Party Setup:
GOD DD's. If you're not using mods, it's time to become elitist, like you should be, because you're awesome at this game if you win this legit.

3 DDs.
1 Mage DD such as BLU or DRK.
2 SCHs.

That equals six. If you don't know your sch, you shouldn't take him/her because they're your bread and butter.

Now that you have what you need you're half way there already. When you get in, get your preset items. Use the body boost and get another. If someone doesn't have their items set, quit because they're not competent enough to do this.

Once everyone has their items get in the habit of speaking in the 3rd person and say "Egonn ready" (Replace Egonn with your own name)
At this point the SCH that is taking you up should have used his JA's etc but not embrava or anything like shell pro that would mess you up from getting your items.

Floor One: One SCH should embrava the other should be casting Shell/Pro and everything he can before embrava gets off. Your blu should caste phalanx on everyone. I recommend a blu over a drk for this reason. Death = instant timeout, you just can't recover so make sure ppl have at least shell and pro on before they sprint off. Blu's can also put thier own haste on you with the SCH's haste.

Now that you're on a floor it's time to start fleeing. Use your powder boots. What you do next is dependent upon the floor. This next section is a portion editted from BG wiki. Read it because I added what you should do to succeed.

Except for boss floors (20, 40, 60, 80, and 100), each floor will randomly assign players to an objective from the list below. The floor objective is announced once upon entering the floor, and can be checked by touching the unactivated Rune of Transfer. Once this objective is completed, the Rune of Transfer will activate and allow players to move on or exit the Assault. Two consecutive floors cannot have the same objective (except moving from a boss leader to NM leader floor or vice versa). Possible objectives appear with the similar probability, although all enemies floors are somewhat more common than the other types; free floors appear very infrequently (~1% chance per floor). [1] Floor layouts and monster types, quantities, and positioning are loaded randomly for each non-boss floor. Some layouts are considerably larger than others, so movement speed gear, prudent usage of the Sprinter's Drink temporary item, and/or Powder Boots are highly recommended for "specified enemy" and lamps floors.
Eliminate all enemies. This will be what you're doing most of the time. You must defeat every enemy on the floor, including notorious monsters, but not including Archaic Gear or Archaic Gears. There can be anywhere from 5 to ~15 monsters, including 0-3 notorious monsters. This is where you use your powder boots, split up and say something like "Egonn going west" When you see an enemy: Don't stop until you reach a dead end or have three or four on you. You don't want to waste your powder boots and this is a good way to achieve maximum sprint time. Once your sprint is off turn around and murder them ASAP.
Eliminate specified enemy. A single normal monster that checks as Impossible to Gauge needs to be defeated. There will typically be several of that monster which check normally; only the one that checks as Impossible to Gauge needs to be defeated. Note that Notorious Monsters may still appear and check as Impossible to Gauge; the specified monster will be a normal (not notorious) monster. You NEED to know which monsters are NM's so you don't waste time fighting one instead of what you need to kill. The strategy is the same. Spread out, sprint until you find it and murder it.
Eliminate specified enemies. 2-5 monsters in a certain family that all check as Impossible to Gauge need to be defeated. Note that Psycheflayers can appear normally and are not always the family which needs to be killed (they will not check as Impossible to Gauge if this is the case). The possible families of monsters are: Racing Chariot
Ebony Pudding
Heraldic Imp
Poroggo Gent
Psycheflayer
Qiqirn Treasure Hunter and Qiqirn Archaeologist
Always assume there are five. Sprint/Spread out and murder the ones you see, ignore the rest if you can. You should have your PDT gear on until you see something to murder. Use your squishy jello in your skull and determine when you need to use potions etc but save the fanatics for the end.

Eliminate enemy leader. (NM Floors) One special Notorious Monster unique to the assault and from the following list will be present and must be defeated.
Chariots: Scutum Chariot, Bellum Chariot, Pistolium Chariot, Cornum Chariot.
Flans: Groaty Custard, Caramel Custard, Cardamom Custard
Imps: Nukku, Nokko, Nekke
Poroggos: Uroro Samaroro, Iroro Samaroro, Aroro Samaroro
Soulflayers: Abject Awiija, Abject Farzahd, Abject Kharoub
Qiqirns: Nerve Render Yiyiroon, Eye Piercer Fafaroon, Mad Miner Boboroon
These are like a free floor if you can find them. Just find and kill

Eliminate enemy leader. (Boss Floors) On floors 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 the floor layout will not be random (it will be one large open room) and the enemy leader will be a HNM. There will also be an Archaic Rampart that does not need to be defeated.
Floors 20, 40, and 60 will contain Stealthlord Haraal Ja, Dabargar the Stoic, or Stheno.
Floor 80 contains Lord Vryko.
Floor 100 contains Dvali Jonah.
Another free floor. Except 100 which you need to use your two hours and all the potions you have left except fools.

Activate all lamps. This objective is further split into three possibilities which can only be confirmed once a Runic Lamp is found.

All party members must touch a single lamp to register their "certification code."
Another awesome floor besides the fact the sch at the lamp has to hit it. So the first DD to find and check the lamp should run back and click to go up because the sch will be the last one to hit it.
All lamps (3-5 total) must be activated at the same time (within a ~20 second window).

Thank god you got this lamp floor. It's one of the easiest. Run around find the lamps. If you don't have a lamp keep running. If your boots run out, use them again. You don't have time to waste on a floor like this. Even if they found 4 keep running around in case there is a 5th but hit the 4 to see and pray you make it to the 5th before it resets.
All lamps (3-5 total) must be activated in a specific order (no restriction on time window). For lamp order, after all lamps are activated, every lamp will light. Several seconds later, lamps which were lit in the correct position in the sequence will remain lit, while lamps lit in incorrect positions will turn off. The order must be modified and retried until the correct sequence is found.
Sadly you're probably screwed. We've never succeeded when we got this floor. You might get lucky and have three that you pick in the right order but the cool down time is ridiculous. If you find 5 then you're probably screwed. Bad luck happens.

Free floor. Significantly rarer than the other possibilities, allows advancement immediately without completing any objective.
Don't ever expect these. I don't think they exist.

When you get to floor one hundred after, say, 50 runs, don't forget to two hour, use your pots and throw everything you have at him. Twice we've won with less than 10 seconds left and didn't even have time to lot the measly one extra item and pouch. Good luck, keep your head up, and you'll do fine!
[+]
 Odin.Warusha
Server: Odin
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2012-08-31 09:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Egonn said: »
20 pairs of powder boots. I repeat 20 pairs of powder boots. Everyone needs these, even the scholars.
If someone doesn't have their items, quit because they're not competent enough to do this.

SCH can't equip Powder Boots. I definitely had a good laugh reading this though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-08-31 09:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it was a long list and I forgot about that I get excited when someone runs out of powder boots. Get the storm boots and use the elemental thing.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2012-08-31 09:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Warusha said: »
20 pairs of powder boots. I repeat 20 pairs of powder boots. Everyone needs these, even the scholars.
If someone doesn't have their items, quit because they're not competent enough to do this.

SCH can't equip Powder Boots. I definitely had a good laugh reading this though.

Desert Boots or Desert Boots +1 is what he meant for SCH >.> C'mon guys XD
[+]
 Leviathan.Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-08-31 09:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

Desert Boots or Desert Boots +1 is what he meant for SCH >.> C'mon guys XD

Correct. Then they use sandstorm, thanks for the help guys.
 Odin.Warusha
By Odin.Warusha 2012-08-31 09:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Having Sandstorm up would overwrite the weather effect of light weather inherent from being in Nyzul, which would severely hamper your curing ability.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2012-08-31 09:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

true but still, it is an option for when u moving around then do Aurora Storm for curing >.>

Just what I would do, Moving SAND , when fighting switch to Aurora <,<
 Leviathan.Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-08-31 10:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Having Sandstorm up would overwrite the weather effect of light weather inherent from being in Nyzul, which would severely hamper your curing ability.

Doesn't matter. The 12% speed is an absolute MUST. Melee should have pots to stay alive in emergencies and if they have phalanx from the blu/shell and pro up, they shouldn't need that much curing. If you're good you have two DD's flee farther away and keep two close to fight closer mobs to utilize both sch's curing ability. That also helps on the cool down of the powder boots. Everything is situational, of course. You need to know when to do what you need to do to succeed.
[+]
By Vijara 2012-08-31 10:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Eliminate enemy leader. (NM Floors) One special Notorious Monster unique to the assault and from the following list will be present and must be defeated.

Someone hasn't encountered Mr. PDT Custard (Cardamom Custard) huh? Hope you have a BLU with your or have a SCH AoE en-fire or you're gonna have a bad time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-08-31 10:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yeah it was a long list and I forgot about that I get excited when someone runs out of powder boots. Get the storm boots and use the elemental thing.
Or just buy gaiters.

Also, you really don't need god tier DD. Have won with 2 of my ***tier MNK mules(brawny adargas, no af3) in party plenty of times. You only need people that pay attention, have baseline ***(26% haste on everyone to take advantage of embrava), and don't chew on the insulation.

That said, the guide is pretty solid in general. Might want to mention skillchains on NMs, it makes a really nice difference if you send a couple emp DD of the same job same direction.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2012-08-31 10:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Vijara said: »

Someone hasn't encountered Mr. PDT Custard huh?

PDT Custard O.O you mean like PDT-100% sort of thing <,< ?

:X CRAP >< this just got harder than expected...............
 Odin.Warusha
By Odin.Warusha 2012-08-31 10:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to know when to do what you need to do to succeed.

Hey man it's your guide, maybe you should put the instructions up in the OP for people who don't know what they need to know but think they know because they read your guide and think they know they don't need to know anymore about it. You know?
By Vijara 2012-08-31 10:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Cardamom_Custard

Only TP move used is Amorphic Scythe. (Which hurts)
Has very high defense and reduction to physical damage, takes increased magical damage. Hence the BLU or AoE En-spell damage for this guy is a must. Otherwise, runbreaker.
 Bahamut.Slytribal
Server: Bahamut
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2012-08-31 10:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Cardamom_Custard

Only TP move used is Amorphic Scythe. (Which hurts)
Has very high defense and reduction to physical damage, takes increased magical damage. Hence the BLU or AoE En-spell damage for this guy is a must. Otherwise, runbreaker.

Mnks and Sams with Murasamemaru can get rid of him easily also.
 Leviathan.Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-08-31 10:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone hasn't encountered Mr. PDT Custard (Cardamom Custard) huh? Hope you have a BLU with your or have a SCH AoE en-fire or you're gonna have a bad time.

The PDT custard never bothered us as much as the absorb one did. Once we figured out that someone with a different weapon type could still hit it we had no issue.

Comeatmebro might be right but I don't like taking chances when the final boss should be killed before fanatics wear. Mnks are a decent option.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-08-31 10:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

3 DDs.
2 SCHs.

Err... what? o.O
[+]
 Leviathan.Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-08-31 10:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to know when to do what you need to do to succeed.

Hey man it's your guide, maybe you should put the instructions up in the OP for people who don't know what they need to know but think they know because they read your guide and think they know they don't need to know anymore about it. You know?

I like your style lol.

Asura.Tamoa said: »
3 DDs.
2 SCHs.

Err... what? o.O

Stuns help. If you can stun an NM's two hour you just saved the day. It's something a SAM usually isn't good at, even if they have the ele GK to do the damage on PDT.
[+]
By Vijara 2012-08-31 10:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Slytribal said: »

If your MNK has formless strikes unlocked. When I was doing my runs, ours did not, then again we had a BLU anyways so he wasn't trouble once we figured out who was who and what was what.
By Chimerawizard 2012-08-31 10:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't consider myself baller but:

SCH: If you don't have them already, and have the gil or time to camp tiamat, get a pair of Herald's gaiters. much quicker since you don't have to cast a storm for them.

I am a SCH in these, I suggest always prepping AoE -na, erase, firestorm, enfire, regen 5, phalanx, or stoneskin before the group is ready to go to the next floor on every jump you still have strategems.

Always start running on a lamp floor just in case it's code.

communication is definately the most important in neo-nyzul
 Leviathan.Beuvace
user: Beuvace
By Leviathan.Beuvace 2012-08-31 10:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome write up man
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-08-31 10:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Props for taking the time to write all that up.
 Leviathan.Dastrian
user: Dastrian
By Leviathan.Dastrian 2012-08-31 10:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Slytribal said: »

If your MNK has formless strikes unlocked. When I was doing my runs, ours did not, then again we had a BLU anyways so he wasn't trouble once we figured out who was who and what was what.

Yeah He's not bad on blu. I've also heard a drk with twilight scythe out cuts through his defense too, but haven't gone in on drk to see for myself.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-31 10:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Infernal scythe or herculean slash spamming, MB drain II on darkness SC.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-08-31 10:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

12-14 boots works just fine, have a sprinters drink in case u *** ur boot timers up. in addition, all drk dd works best in my experience and should all have twilight scythe for certain custards.

ive won with a blu before as well as a war in the mix, nothing is smoother than 4 DRK, plenty DD, plenty stuns, and if they have apoc the sch dont even needa do ***but cast haste (other than the buffs after jumps). hell, if they have rag almost the same thing cuz ***dies so fast lol. usually about a 40-50sec kill with temps + stun order on last boss.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-08-31 10:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Infernal scythe or herculean slash spamming, MB drain II on darkness SC.
Dies faster if you just SE Twilight DoT, even one DRK can kill it VERY fast, I used to be the only DRK of the 3 with a Twilight. Then a second one brought his, the thing went down like a prom night girl.

I had 5 pairs of Powder boots when I started, I used my last Flee charge the run I got 15/15.

Legit wins have a good feel but it's really frustrating. I enjoyed Nyzul despite the serious bad luck at times.

If you don't suck and most of your group doesn't, patience is the only advice I can give.

Other than the 2 SCHs, there is absolutely 0 obligation when it comes to DD choice. Obviously, you want something heavy, but heavy for this content, not heavy as a general rule. All in all, I feel like the playstyle plays a huge part in the success. You can play Ukon WAR, an Almace BLU or Vere MNK, if you are a waste of a POL ID, you won't go far.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2012-08-31 10:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How many floors do you jump on average after each floor? Or another way of asking the same question, how many floors do you have generally have to pass in your 30 minutes? I know that in regular nyzul at 75 we've done 10 floors in a single run only a few times, and only when we got the right combination of floors. I also know that it neo-nyzul is exactly the same as nyzul but with 25 levels higher mobs, 10 floors in a run would be pretty damn easy thanks to all the tools we now have at our disposal, not even including embrava.

So yeah, what's the least and most amount of floors you've had to pass to reach 100?
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-08-31 10:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

run before last, we had 12 jumps just to get to floor 34 lol, most ive had and won were 22, maybe 23 jumps. ive also had a run where we got a win in like 15 jumps.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zano
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Azael
By Quetzalcoatl.Zano 2012-08-31 10:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, kind person for this write up. I haven't done a whole lot of Neo Nyzul yet, but I can believe the need of all those items :D

......My pocket won't like them powder boots though, lol.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-08-31 10:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

my group has won in 15 jumps but also we had a run where 13 jumps and "welcome to floor 42" happened i think we did 21 floors that tag and hit 78 lol nyzul she can be a cruel mistress
First Page 2 3