Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG Epeen
DRG Epeen
 Leviathan.Awsome
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: AllenD
By Leviathan.Awsome 2012-07-16 17:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a few of mine. Most are subbed sam. This guy parsed me once and I beat a 95 amano and 95 rag by twice as much on a Prov run.
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-07-16 17:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm only SS I have is from when Aht Urhgan VW first came out. Was hitting 6kers the whole fight which I found pretty funny. This is like the only one I had time to take as the magic procs weren't comming along that well and my face was being smacked by the main NM and his posse.

Edit: BTW love the people that only go into a thread to hate :)
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-16 18:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Understanding where DRG stands in the effectiveness hierarchy is not "hating". And conversely, pretending the hierarchy doesn't exist just makes you sound ignorant.

Edit: That doesn't mean I think people should stop posting their screenshots, but lets not get started with the pissing and moaning about people not knowing DRG is the best DD in the game because this one time.. etc.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-07-16 18:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

After skimming through the first page . . . do people seriously not bring DRG to PW just for the defense down? I personally enjoy my 7k last stands quite a bit. Maybe there are other defense down options I'm not aware of? Procing is pointless if you have CS stun as you only need 1 fanatic's drink to survive.
By Xenshi 2012-07-16 18:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting in a thread that was made clearly for fun about a jobs effectiveness in a certain situation makes you look even more so ignorant.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-16 18:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that the secondary commentary is unnecessary(from both sides), but being provocative is a poor means to initiating a ceasefire. If you don't like someone's comment, and you're only truly interested in sharing screenshots with other players, I suggest you hold the passive aggression.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-07-16 18:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Awsome said: »
Here's a few of mine. Most are subbed sam. This guy parsed me once and I beat a 95 amano and 95 rag by twice as much on a Prov run.
Having finished my Ryunohige fairly recently, these SS make me smile. Hadn't got around to doing anything zerggy, so I'm lacking any fun Ryuno dmg screens myself. :/
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-07-16 18:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Having finished my Ryunohige fairly recently,...
Grats!
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-07-16 18:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.
By Mithril20 2012-07-16 19:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice dmg awsome! What kind of buffs you have for most of those screenshots? Impressive none the less :) keep em coming !
 Leviathan.Awsome
Server: Leviathan
user: AllenD
By Leviathan.Awsome 2012-07-16 20:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I have 4-8 songs for most of those. March for them all and 2-5 minuets and a madrigal + 2 rolls. Starting to Embrava more things with 4 minuets, but those SS are months old.
 Odin.Airius
Server: Odin
user: Airius
By Odin.Airius 2012-07-16 20:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ryu definitely helps but you don't need to have it to outparse most DDs these days in VW if you are well geared. My drg normally gets put in a party w/o buffs and i still do 2-3.5k stardivers on qilin. Also if you dont have a bravura in your group for defense down angon is still really good in zerging situations and not to mention the crit eva down stardiver gives for helping out your verts and ukkons
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-07-16 20:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this tread was about dragoons doing echi things with their wyverns
[+]
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-07-16 21:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I had to.

[+]
By Mithril20 2012-07-16 21:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Its simply an SS thread, if ppl are going off topic thinking its a "Compare VW parses thread" can't help that. But sad how people go into a thread to knock on the topic/job instead of helping it along lol. I'm still trying to get into a VW to post my SS's but hardly any shouts in the weekdays ;;
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-07-17 01:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Toralin said: »
I have done many provence dragons loaded to the gils with buffs and have about a perfect Fury setup and havent seen anywhere near 7k. Are you sure he wasnt using a 99 Ragnarok Mighty Strikes Resolution?
Aye, he used GA, upheaval.
He would have raped the parse if he wasn't procing.

Edit : Wrong use of meme btw
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-17 01:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably could have fielded some of the dumb with a better thread title.

"DRG Damage Screenshots" is less provocative/dramamagnetic than "DRG Epeen."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-07-17 01:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Do you really believe that to be the case? In your heart of hearts?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-17 01:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, yes.
By Mithril20 2012-07-17 01:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of what the title name is, people are still going to come in and hate/flame because its what they do. It's simple no need to hate on the job, I didn't say "Best DD thread" or something ridiculous. Every job has its own "Epeen" dmg, I was just curious to see other dragoons dmg is all :). I'll have some SS tomorrow! have to upload em to site..ugh lol.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-17 01:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but "Epeen" automatically catches the attention of people who are out to ruin someone's day.

The way you word things can have a drastic effect on peoples' behavioral responses.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-17 01:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Eriina said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Do you really believe that to be the case? In your heart of hearts?

You must be joking. Might as well have named it "Drg Thread For Arguing About Whether The Choices You've Made In The Game Are The Best Possible Outcome Regardless Of Math or Reason"...or "Candide DRG" for short.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-07-17 01:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujah remember that parse was me using whorefrost! lol :D seriously though, i remember that run, and Kujah was def. holding his own vs everyone else dmg-wise....but then again, he happens to have an amazing polearm that not every DRG out there has the means of getting to begin with, but either way, dont underestimate DRGs is my point (i am one, ffs, just dont touch it very much nowadays since i dont have OaT/fork/etc)
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-07-17 06:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been running a parser for a few months now myself. The idea initially was to see my accuracy and damage output and adjust accordingly.

But after a while I began parsing everyone, just out of curiousty. And I have come to the conclusion that most DDs out there suck balls. Relics, empyreans, amazing gear what have you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Toralin
Server: Cerberus
user: toralin
By Cerberus.Toralin 2012-07-17 07:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
I've been running a parser for a few months now myself. The idea initially was to see my accuracy and damage output and adjust accordingly.

But after a while I began parsing everyone, just out of curiousty. And I have come to the conclusion that most DDs out there suck balls. Relics, empyreans, amazing gear what have you.

I agree with this statement.

It amazes me 1 DD trying, using correct sets can do 5-10x the damage one who just uses no gear swaps and is overall dicking off.

Perfect example, who knows wtf the DRG was doing:
Arandir is a Gungir(95) DRG. I was on my 99 Vere monk.

Its kind of like how much the parse changes, when you tell the alliance your parsing, all of a sudden the mob goes down 3x as fast.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-17 07:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I have noticed a huge amount of DRGs on cerb that seem to join VW fights to never hit the mob at all unless it's jump\polearm procs.
Specially Gungnir ones!
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-17 11:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It amazes me 1 DD trying, using correct sets can do 5-10x the damage one who just uses no gear swaps and is overall dicking off.

Its kind of like how much the parse changes, when you tell the alliance your parsing, all of a sudden the mob goes down 3x as fast.

Which mob was it?
 Cerberus.Thunderfang
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Thunderfang 2012-07-17 11:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Akvan.
 Asura.Ezekial
Server: Asura
user: Ezekial
By Asura.Ezekial 2012-07-17 11:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Which mob was it?

Really depends on party set ups as well though.