users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG Epeen
DRG Epeen
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-17 12:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can people stop parsing VW. At all times atleast 1 DD should be procing a HQ weapon...pretty much making parse false.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-17 12:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone of us is so dumb to not be able to see if in that specific case someone was cockblocked by a proc. When I comment on parses I always do based on the primary weapon skills and dot.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-17 12:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Can people stop parsing VW. At all times atleast 1 DD should be procing a HQ weapon...pretty much making parse false.

I agree that VW introduces a variable that makes parses partially false.
But it can help ppl to work harder on their job in order to be more efficient.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-17 12:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

TO me, parsing basically shows who is actually doing there job, not who is doing the most damage. If you're winning a parse 90%+, you really aren't doing your job.
Edit. In VW.
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2012-07-17 12:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How about using parsers to compare your overall damage output to yourself as a means of self improvement instead of trying to prove you're better than xyz other dd who may or may not have the same buffs/playstyle/gear/use of spellcast/etc ad nauseam that you have?

I guess that's asking too much for participants in a thread where a circlejerk of spike damage screenshots is supposed to pass for relevant conversation about a job.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-17 12:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading a parse is not difficult.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-17 12:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said: »
How about using parsers to compare your overall damage output to yourself as a means of self improvement instead of trying to prove you're better than xyz other dd who may or may not have the same buffs/playstyle/gear/use of spellcast/etc ad nauseam that you have?

I guess that's asking too much for participants in a thread where a circlejerk of spike damage screenshots is supposed to pass for relevant conversation about a job.
I get that, it's just all I see is people talking about winning parses. There's no point in saying you won a parse in VW. It's good for improving yourself. But people for the love of god stop comparing yourselves to others in procing related content. On a side note, Awesome, you have some nice drakesbanes.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-17 12:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry all ya in here. It's just very annoiying when people brag about parses.
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-07-17 12:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

its very annoying when dds suck and 3 people do 85% of the damage
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-17 12:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
Then don't party with them.
By Drjones 2012-07-17 12:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said: »
This is what I use my parses for. No sense in comparing myself to others, since I only need to improve my own performance. Of course I'm biased because I always leave all of my chat filters on anyway so I never see my party's damage numbers anyway. Too much clutter already in the chat log I say.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-17 12:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you guys seem to understand parsing. Alot of people just use it to say they're better than others, which is annoiying.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-17 12:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know everyone on your server? The parse will show numbers and tell you who to avoid in the future.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-17 12:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it sucks when i do 100% of the damage.

Wait... chatfilters meh :/
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-17 13:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Do you know everyone on your server? The parse will show numbers and tell you who to avoid in the future.
Basically yes. I know all the worthwhile players and I generally just avoid VW if I see certain people in a group. I even get uninvited from groups because people don't like when I tell them wtf they're doing wrong.
 Asura.Zaphir
Server: Asura
user: zaphir
By Asura.Zaphir 2012-07-17 13:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that people misread parses in VW far too often. Personally, I prefer to at least see WSs (to see who's proccing) and deaths if someone is going to claim to be a better DD, but:

TO me, parsing basically shows who is actually doing there job, not who is doing the most damage. If you're winning a parse 90%+, you really aren't doing your job.
Edit. In VW.

I think this is an overly general statement. Most jobs don't have more than 2 weapons that they would be expected to be able to proc, so it's not as likely for them to have to proc. The only exception I can think of is WAR.

As for the argument that people should not use parses to decide who's a better DD, that's not necessarily true. I personally like to use parses to know which DDs should be in the BRD/COR party, assuming the group is having enough trouble for it to matter. If there's a DD in the BRD/COR party only doing 10% damage (not proccing) and one in the buffless party doing 11% damage, I'd rather switch them so the better DD gets the buffs.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-07-17 13:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Parses can be misread but they infinitely useful when trying to weed out the good players from the bad ones. When you see DDs parsing 2~5% of out 4 fights, there is no excuse. It is also sad when you see the Ukon WAR doing 800-900 dmg WS's and a 90 Twashtar thief parse in the top 3 :<

But I think this is way off topic now.. lol
 Cerberus.Toralin
user: toralin
By Cerberus.Toralin 2012-07-17 13:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Its pretty easy to tell if someone was procing or going all out,

you just look at their WS and you can easily tell, if they were spamming procs or just used the same WS over and over. Its not rocket science. It doesnt make a parse false. It just shows who was proccing and who was all out DDing.

The one I parsed the DRG was using 1 WS exclusively as was I.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-07-17 13:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Toralin said: »
Its pretty easy to tell if someone was procing or going all out,

you just look at their WS and you can easily tell, if they were spamming procs or just used the same WS over and over. Its not rocket science. It doesnt make a parse false. It just shows who was proccing and who was all out DDing.

The one I parsed the DRG was using 1 WS exclusively as was I.

Basically this, saying that proc'ing in VW makes parsing false is just a bad argument.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-07-17 15:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Argh i didnt screenshot a few of the recent things i thought i did :(

Doin ADL again tonight so maybe some pretty ones from that.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-17 23:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't rely on parses in general lol. I could have a whole fight where I crack 4-5k stardivers over and over on sam, and then the next fight I spike 3.5k as a high. It's happened alot and it makes parsing false to me. Parsing is only self enhancing in the long run in my opinion. Some peeps just have bad runs...
By Ophannus 2012-07-22 12:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The point of parsers is to find norms and averages. If you're parsing 4-5k one fight then 3.5k another then there were different factors at play, either the mob had different buffs/debuffs on or you had different buffs/debuffs on. Parses aren't meant really for single fights, yet people use them anyway for epeen. Parses were originally intended to purvey data over time. Parsing say 200 fights over the course of 2-3 hours in a merit party for example would be a more substantial claim to being a better DD since there's more power with a larger sample size. Beating other DDs in a 3 minute VW fight is usually not very impressive since it takes about 10-15seconds to use all your temps, a few seconds to engage and orient yourself with all the lag, few more seconds to use JA depending on your job. Some people have Dusty Wing macros too, some others don't so you'll see people using Dusty Wings before the !! animation even appears just spamming WS and wings the whole fight in order to get higher in the parse. Other DDs play less aggressively and don't immediately mash their WS macros the millisecond their TP>100%.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-07-22 13:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
If ppl could post somes parses of Provenance, would be cool.

Here you go.
Tho I dont think MS zerg is fair vs other jobs really.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-07-22 14:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You should update your parser so that resolution properly shows as WS dmg, rather than JA.

You can also reparse old data so that it updates things like that.
By Ophannus 2012-07-23 09:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen 99 Mandau THF parse 3rd in Provenance fights alongside Ragnarok DRKs, Ukon WARs and Vere MNKs. DoT from Mandau/Twash with 6 songs 4 cor rolls and embrava is pretty ridiculous.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-07-23 10:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
I've seen 99 Mandau THF parse 3rd in Provenance fights alongside Ragnarok DRKs, Ukon WARs and Vere MNKs. DoT from Mandau/Twash with 6 songs 4 cor rolls and embrava is pretty ridiculous.

The people you play with should feel bad and you should feel bad for playing with people getting outparsed by a THF
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-07-23 11:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Ophannus said: »

The people you play with should feel bad and you should feel bad for playing with people getting outparsed by a THF

You should feel bad judging w/o making a math first. You would be surprised how THF numbers looks like with full buffs.
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-07-24 02:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd be surprised the damage a Mandau99/Twash90 THF/WAR does with the relic ODD/ODT or whatever it is, procs especially on crits(i saw several crits for 1.4k and regular relic procs for 500-600. He was busting out 5k mercy strokes with SA and 3.5k exenterators. His regular melee DoT accounted for over 65% of his damage, so those 3.5-5k+ WS aside, a vast majority of his damage came from straight meleeing which you can imagine he was at the delay cap(Haste embrava soulvoice'd 3x minuets 1xmadrigal/scherzo), which for 2x daggers is probably in the low double digits,plus not even mentioning all the DA/TA/QA he had as a merited THF/WAR with Thaumas/AF2+2/AF3 with 11 Warrior's Roll. He said he'd only do his SA+Mercy at start for the crit aftermath and would mostly just auto-attack, he said wsing slowed his damage. In the time it took a 2h DD to WS and recover from the animation frames in which delay isnt being counted down yet, he'd hit 7-12x for 280-700 depending on relic ODD procs.