Hay. My Birthday Is Next Friday (the 29th). Give Me Presents!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Hay. My birthday is next Friday (the 29th). Give me presents!
Hay. My birthday is next Friday (the 29th). Give me presents!
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-22 02:27:49
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, but seriously. I think it would be cool if these forums had like little birthday announcements like other forums do. Considering that people buy in-game gifts for one another, I think it would be even more appropriate on this website than any other!

Basically, you'd look at their profile and it would let you know there birthday was that day. You're at FFXIAH anyways, maybe you should buy them something! To make sure it's not exploited you could make it to where it could only be set once and after that an admin would have to change it :)

Thoughts?

Oh, and if anyone's wondering, I'll be 29; and if anyone wants to get me something, I'm partial to Alexandrite, LOL!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 02:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-22 02:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-22 02:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Thoughts?

I think that no one likes you and you should stop bothering us.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-22 02:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
Dasva said:
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-22 02:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

July 18th and I'm 27.

But what about the last 26 years? I got ***from you guys D:
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-22 02:48:06
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

im sorry im on Ramuh wont be able to give you those... anyways I either give away Alexandrite or put it in mah cereal =o
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-22 02:49:45

you guys are old!

I can see the gray hair and back pains starting o.o!

my B-day is October 10 =/

I iz 19!
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-22 02:54:16

Blah blah, you missed the point. Whatcha think about being able to put our birthdays up in our profiles? Birthdays have an economical impact both in real life and in the game. So why not?
 Seraph.Looscannon
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Looscannon 2009-05-22 03:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Yakutatazu said:
Dasva said:
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-22 03:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

only useful thing I see with this (incase ppl actually put their real age) is that you
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-05-22 03:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

soliciting presents should be a crime punishable by asswhooping. if nobody likes you enough to remember your birthday, chances are nobody likes you enough to get you a present. and besides, shouldnt you be out doing something on your birthday if you care that much?
[+]
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-22 03:34:39

Hackstealandbot said:
soliciting presents should be a crime punishable by asswhooping. if nobody likes you enough to remember your birthday, chances are nobody likes you enough to get you a present. and besides, shouldnt you be out doing something on your birthday if you care that much?

Um, ok you missed the point. No, I won't be home on my birthday. Well, maybe in the morning. But I have the whole weekend planned. The idea is that birthdays are cogs in the machine that is the economy. I think they should be a part of the website.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-22 03:42:54

Gaea said:
Hackstealandbot said:

Um, ok you missed the point. No, I won't be home on my birthday. Well, maybe in the morning. But I have the whole weekend planned. The idea is that birthdays are cogs in the machine that is the economy. I think they should be a part of the website.

might want to post it in the Suggestion part of the Forum would have made it more clear

and pretty much the reason why we all missed the point

and the Thread Title could have been a "little" more direct if you know what I mean

(Add age to profile!?!) and we tend to tl: dr to the extreme at times

meh its the internet =o what did you expect from us
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-22 03:49:08

Well, I thought I was pretty clear in OP, but oh wells. I wouldn't want to suggest it if people think it's an awful idea :P
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-05-22 03:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Hackstealandbot said:

no, i think you missed the point
Quote:
if nobody likes you enough to remember your birthday, chances are nobody likes you enough to get you a present.
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-22 03:53:09

Gaea said:
Ok, but seriously. I think it would be cool if these forums had like little birthday announcements like other forums do. Considering that people buy in-game gifts for one another, I think it would be even more appropriate on this website than any other!

Basically, you'd look at their profile and it would let you know there birthday was that day. You're at FFXIAH anyways, maybe you should buy them something! To make sure it's not exploited you could make it to where it could only be set once and after that an admin would have to change it :)

Thoughts?

Oh, and if anyone's wondering, I'll be 29; and if anyone wants to get me something, I'm partial to Alexandrite, LOL!

this is somewhat how a person would tl: dr a post

the bold txt is what he actually read
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-22 08:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hackstealandbot said:
Gaea said:
Hackstealandbot said:

no, i think you missed the point
Quote:
if nobody likes you enough to remember your birthday, chances are nobody likes you enough to get you a present.

That plus:

Hackstealandbot said:

says it all.

BTW Gaea, where in the hell are my birthday presents for the last 26 years? You ain't getting ***for your birthday until I get payback from those years you forgot about me.

Besides, I hate birthdays. My mother broke her leg twice on my birthday (once when I was 12, second time when I was 17) My father got mugged on another once (I think I was 8 at the time) and my sister got hit by a car (I was 16).

Only good birthday I had was my 23rd which I bought myself a round trip ticket to Tokyo and spent 2 weeks there, which I saved up for 6 months working overtime just to do that.

Otherwise, my birthdays have been ***.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-22 08:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's your present Gaea, I couldn't wrap it though...

User submitted image
[+]
 Caitsith.Faythful
Server: Caitsith
user: Faythful
By Caitsith.Faythful 2009-05-22 08:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:

User submitted image

That's a Daily thing for her i bet^.~, You might wanna try a little harder :P

On a side note, I don't think anyone would care enough to get people in game presents unless it was friends in the linkshell you liked. I wouldn't go looking for some random persons birthday to send them a Blue Hobby bo or something, and honestly I don't have the gil to dish out to give someone a birthday present everyday.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-22 08:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Faythful said:
Kungfuhustle said:

User submitted image

That's a Daily thing for her i bet, You might wanna try alittle harder :(

Unless she already has Dumbo, the big gay elephant for a pet. But I assure you, that's all she deserves.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 08:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone misses your "points" gaea because you hide them in other garbage that no one will ever take the rest of it seriously.
[+]
 Caitsith.Faythful
By Caitsith.Faythful 2009-05-22 08:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Faythful said:
Kungfuhustle said:

User submitted image

That's a Daily thing for her i bet, You might wanna try alittle harder :(

Unless she already has Dumbo, the big gay elephant for a pet. But I assure you, that's all she deserves.

I can't believe you'd insult Dumbo like that. ; ; He's so adorable!
User submitted image
/cry
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-22 08:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello ^^ I believe the OP is ok with her thoughts about having birthdays on the site, she is asking for your input about it and I suggest you stay to the topic. If she feels that she would like to suggest it later to the admins on the suggestion thread, she will when she was seeing how you all felt of it.

Thanks^^
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-22 08:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Hello ^^ I believe the OP is ok with her thoughts about having birthdays on the site, she is asking for your input about it and I suggest you stay to the topic. If she feels that she would like to suggest it later to the admins on the suggestion thread, she will when she was seeing how you all felt of it.

Thanks^^

Translation:Give her presents or GTFO!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-22 09:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We are on topic the topic the topic is hey I'm gaea this is post 566 of me soliciting for stuff in game especially alex. This time the scam is its my birthday.
[+]
 Caitsith.Faythful
By Caitsith.Faythful 2009-05-22 09:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The most i can do is make a char on your server, and send you my adventure's coupon. Will that work :D lol.

Naw but I don't think enough people would want to do it and it doesnt make that much of a differnce but like Alyria said.

Alyria said:
If she feels that she would like to suggest it later to the admins on the suggestion thread

Might wanna try there and see what they say :)
First Page 2 3 4 5