PC Users: Keyboard/Mouse Or Controller?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » PC Users: Keyboard/Mouse or Controller?
PC Users: Keyboard/Mouse or Controller?
 Gilgamesh.Ceryx
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: ceryx
By Gilgamesh.Ceryx 2009-05-22 14:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Controller for me, Keyboard in dire emergencies....... like a smoking controller
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-05-22 14:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't seem to get my controller to work on the PC, I have a 360 controller hooked up via the play and charge kit (I know I can use it, cause it does recognize it)

any suggestions?
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2009-05-22 15:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said:
I can't seem to get my controller to work on the PC, I have a 360 controller hooked up via the play and charge kit (I know I can use it, cause it does recognize it)

any suggestions?

Having the same problem, though I have a wired controller. Hoping for a reply soon as well. ><
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-22 15:18:59
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy config

find it

Select gamepad settings

customize

play

"using your pc search engine would be best to find it"
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-22 15:22:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Just keyboard. LOL Mouse. LOL Controller.
 Ramuh.Thayil
Server: Ramuh
user: Thayil
By Ramuh.Thayil 2009-05-22 15:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on PC and Xbox 360, but I started on PC so I only use keyboard regardless of the platform. I've seen that controllers have an advantage of being able to instantaneously switch between macro pallets, whereas it takes a second or so to get the macros to display when you hold ctrl or alt. However, we keyboard users don't need to put down a controller and pick up a keyboard to chat. :P
 Odin.Moondaddy
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-05-22 16:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

using a laptop keyboard sucks so i would say either a controller to actually play the game or a usb keyboard. the biggest plus to using a controller is you can spin the camera, but with a keyboard you can use macros faster since you dont have to actually target the macro you want to use. oh and never use the mouse, its quite worthless for this game
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-05-22 17:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Darsha said:
Fyyvoaa said:

any suggestions?

Having the same problem, though I have a wired controller. Hoping for a reply soon as well. ><

Wireless will not work, unless u buy the new $60 model. Older 360 controllers may not work. Must have XP or vista, and you need to get the driver for the controller.
[+]
 Garuda.Skyver
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Skyver 2009-05-22 23:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only play with a PS2 controller.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-22 23:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This post is to annoy people like Kavien of Caitsith.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-22 23:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

He actually did it. That's rich. xD
 Odin.Moondaddy
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-05-23 00:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tavlov said:
Darsha said:
Fyyvoaa said:

any suggestions?

Wireless will not work, unless u buy the new $60 model. Older 360 controllers may not work. Must have XP or vista, and you need to get the driver for the controller.

you dont need to buy a new controller, just need the adaptor for the wireless. and using your play and charge cable dont make your controller wired it just charges it thats why it dont work
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-05-23 01:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

compact keyboard onry
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-23 10:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

KB+Mouse. I chat too much to use a gamepad, switching back and forth seems like such a hassle. Especially between windower commands, aliases and macros in general, I could never see how people played with controllers, but apparently it's kind of popular. lol
 Carbuncle.Thdrbolt
Server: Carbuncle
user: thdrbolt
By Carbuncle.Thdrbolt 2009-05-23 14:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dramanue said:
I've been playing FFXI for the past 4 years using a PS2 controller attached through a USB peripheral (KiKy-joy if you must know). It's the one and only way I've learned to play since I started off playing on the PS2 then moved on to the PC. My girlfriend who normally plays Korean/JP online mmo's on her laptop is interested in playing ffxi with me, and so I'd like to know other people's general opinions on how to play the game most comfortably.

Should I get her a controller or will she be able to easily control the game using her keyboard and touchpad? Keep in mind, she is rather well versed in using her touchpad so much so that she can Photoshop with it with little difficulty (I was surprised she was able to mask rather proficiently with it). So yeah.. the question stands.. will she be able to play with
keyboard/pad or should I just get her a controller?

I play 6 PC 6 account on Cab all i use is the key and macors the Alt amd Ctrl for macros and arrower keys to move the chr i play my main chr Thdrbolt thdrboltgirl thdrgirl shmeegoll blind and caseyy some time tupipi it funny i get call rmt but i love this game to much been playing 4 years started 8-19-05 wiht one account made mules like the game started buying more copy of game and get new computer put main chr on new computer and new chr on old computer and so on after 4 yeas end up have 7 computers 1 cable modem 3 roters no lagg and that how i play
the linkshell im in love see all my chrs and say there go thdr train cho cho it funny

Thdrbolt from Carb
 Ramuh.Decimus
Server: Ramuh
user: Meridius
By Ramuh.Decimus 2009-05-25 06:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on PC primarily and i use 360 controller (love it) for the most part, some things i will do with a keyboard/mouse when i am multitasking or need to talk/type alot.
 Seraph.Sidus
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Sidus 2009-05-25 06:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

99% of the time= keyboard
Mainly bc I chat too much while playing.
I've switched between 360+pc+laptop (controller/fullkb/compactkb) quite a bit and tbh a few days of playing events in any format and you'll ease into it. I still bought a wireless kb for 360 even when primarily playing with controller- its just so much easier to chat with.
Playing healer or tank while adjusting to new kb/controller is not recommended. lol

also- lolmouse
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-05-25 07:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess my controller doesn't work, wireless controller connected via a Play and Charge kit (you would think it would work, since it does send data)