Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Iga Hakama v Koga Hakama
Iga Hakama v Koga Hakama
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-27 19:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: It's not my brand of fun, therefore I must mock it. Heaven forbid somebody take an interest in their own performance in a multiplayer environment.

Quote:
How is koga +2 body worse then af +1? I don't see how a minor decrease in dw (2%) would be noticeable over 15 acc and 20 attack. Then again I don't spend hours parsing ***out.
If the accuracy matters, Iga +2 is better than either Ninja +1 or Koga +2 (assuming attack also uncapped since it's NIN). When it doesn't matter, 2% DW offers roughly the same increase in white damage and increases WS frequency as well.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2012-06-27 20:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Celll said: »
neckbeards living in mommies basement.
I dunno, there are some pretty attractive math people around here dude.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-06-28 01:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thaumas body, Koga hands, Koga legs.

Buy the forgottens for the legs, make a nice Eva piece too :D
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-06-28 01:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill get for evasion any other opinions for full timing ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-06-28 06:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

BUMP
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-06-28 07:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just look at any other NINtp thread... Just pull the trigger already this isn't a hard decision.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-28 07:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kogas legs will provide the best damage output for your tp set if you are aiming for an optimal set as others have pointed out. Yes they are ugly as *** but we just kinda have to deal with it, or dat swap if it's an option for you.

If your not aiming for an optimal set I'm pritty sure they win anyways but idk for sure.
 Cerberus.Celll
Server: Cerberus
user: Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-07-17 03:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said: »
It's at that point this game stops becoming fun and just a peen contest for neckbeards living in mommies basement.

Also: higher dmg = skill.

You don't think its fun to do more damage?

Ohh yes its tons of fun, don't get me wrong. I just figured for things like VW it might be a bit better to have a bit more ACC in-case your stalwarts was down and you were using RCB. Also I wasn't trying to really trash people who go all ape-**** with the numbers, I just find it annoying that some people think because you have a couple of pieces of gear that aren't the best you are not a good player. I guess maybe I got a tad bit over the top with the neckbeard thing.

Math geeks going to college and living in mom's basement, learning differential equations and Number theory are my favorite kind of people! Without them we would be ape like eating our own poo and hitting things with clubs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Celll
user: Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-07-17 03:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
ITT: It's not my brand of fun, therefore I must mock it. Heaven forbid somebody take an interest in their own performance in a multiplayer environment.

Quote:
How is koga +2 body worse then af +1? I don't see how a minor decrease in dw (2%) would be noticeable over 15 acc and 20 attack. Then again I don't spend hours parsing ***out.
If the accuracy matters, Iga +2 is better than either Ninja +1 or Koga +2 (assuming attack also uncapped since it's NIN). When it doesn't matter, 2% DW offers roughly the same increase in white damage and increases WS frequency as well.

As I said in my previous post, it's not that it's not my brand of fun. I don't think there is a player out there that wants to do "crap dmg" I just think it's unfair that some people judge you're skill by what gear you wear.

Edit- And no I don't mean taking a pink ninja out to do pil or something.
[+]
By Luthiene 2012-08-04 11:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So what about AF3+2 head + feet, Ninja chainmail, Koga +2 legs + hands AND Nusku's/Patientia Sash? Is it inferior than using Twilight belt? Mote's spreadsheet says its not, but I'm quite sceptic about that. What if Ninja Chainmail was replaced for Thaumas?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-08-04 12:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong but this,

Is currently the best TP set up for NIN atm.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-04 16:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Patentia beats Twilight.
As I said in my previous post, it's not that it's not my brand of fun. I don't think there is a player out there that wants to do "crap dmg" I just think it's unfair that some people judge you're skill by what gear you wear.

Edit- And no I don't mean taking a pink ninja out to do pil or something.
It's really not unfair at all. If your sets make sense, you're probably a decent player. If your gear makes no sense, you're probably a terrible player. The correlation isn't perfect, but it's definitely there. Having high-end gear is a seperate issue and should not be conflated with using gear intelligently.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2012-08-04 16:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

Patentia beats Twilight.

Really? The above set has 25% haste... subbing ONLY twilight out for patentia in that set drops you down to 18% for only 5% DW gain and that's better? or are there other swaps that should be made?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-08-04 17:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Patentia beats Twilight.

Ah, right. I missed that. :x

Asura.Malekith said: »
Really? The above set has 25% haste... subbing ONLY twilight out for patentia in that set drops you down to 18% for only 5% DW gain and that's better? or are there other swaps that should be made?

Well, let's see. Using ffxicalculator, I'm going to crunch the numbers. Going with the set I posted with Main hand Kannagi (Delay 210) and off-hand Kamome (Delay 180). We get a total delay of 141.1313 (2.35 seconds of delay between an attack round.) That is with 24.61% haste and 52% dual wield (17% from gear, 35% from NIN.) And 4.4 TP a hit (assuming Rajas + Brutal Earring are the only STP you have going.)

Now, let's lose 7% haste for 5% dual wield, with Kannagi and Kamome as our weapons. We get a total delay of 138.0577 (2.30 seconds between attack rounds.) With 17.68% haste from gear, and 57% dual wield.

So yes, Patentia Sash > Twilight Belt. I apologize for missing that piece of gear when making that item set. :x Will correct it now. And the reason why is because I believe Haste is a % removed, while dual wield is an actual number removed from the delay. (I might be wrong on that...? Anyone can feel free to correct me. :x I'm still a nub at crunching numbers. D:)
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-08-04 18:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Patentia beats Twilight.

Ah, right. I missed that. :x

Well, let's see. Using ffxicalculator, I'm going to crunch the numbers. Going with the set I posted with Main hand Kannagi (Delay 210) and off-hand Kamome (Delay 180). We get a total delay of 141.1313 (2.35 seconds of delay between an attack round.) That is with 24.61% haste and 52% dual wield (17% from gear, 35% from NIN.) And 4.4 TP a hit (assuming Rajas + Brutal Earring are the only STP you have going.)

Now, let's lose 7% haste for 5% dual wield, with Kannagi and Kamome as our weapons. We get a total delay of 138.0577 (2.30 seconds between attack rounds.) With 17.68% haste from gear, and 57% dual wield.

So yes, Patentia Sash > Twilight Belt. I apologize for missing that piece of gear when making that item set. :x Will correct it now. And the reason why is because I believe Haste is a % removed, while dual wield is an actual number removed from the delay. (I might be wrong on that...? Anyone can feel free to correct me. :x I'm still a nub at crunching numbers. D:)

So if I don't have Patientia should I just ditch Twilight for Nusku's?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-08-04 18:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They're both 5% so I suppose so...
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-08-04 18:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be wrong as I didn't actually math out anything, but I wouldn't be shocked if Nusku's < Twilight. I think part of the reason Patentia works is the Store TP+5, and 8 attack.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-08-04 18:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu said: »
I might be wrong as I didn't actually math out anything, but I wouldn't be shocked if Nusku's < Twilight. I think part of the reason Patentia works is the Store TP+5, and 8 attack.

Idk. I figured 5% dual wield > 7% haste, but that's just preference. I'd use twilight over it for the DA tbh. And in case anyone is wondering why not use Iga earring over Brutal... the 5% DA would be better than the 1% dual wield. Unless you're obsessed with getting that 50% gear Dual Wield cap. >.>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-04 21:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu said: »
Nusku's < Twilight
^

Unless you're obsessed with getting that 50% gear Dual Wield cap. >.>
ಠ_ಠ
[+]
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2012-08-04 21:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I just don't know where to look, I never was aware of a Dual Wield gear cap (unless you are referring to the max amount you can possibly get with existing gear). If anyone has a link that I could read that says otherwise, I'd greatly appreciate it!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-04 21:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no such link, and 50% DW gear would put you over the total delay reduction cap anyway. NIN has 35% native, maximum usable DW gear if you had zero haste would be 45%. I don't think even 30% in gear is currently possible though, much less a good idea, so I'm not sure why it even came up.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-08-04 22:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed a 50% Dual Wield cap from gear. I'm not saying that 50% total is the cap, but, when it comes to job traits from gear, the most you can normally get is 50%. Or so I assumed so. Cure potency caps at 50% from gear (unless person being targeted is wearing "cure effect received +" gear) I just brought it up because it came to mind for whatever reason.

Also I never said you should/could get that. And I didn't mean to suggest as such. It just came to mind.
 Sylph.Aebish
Server: Sylph
user: aeb
By Sylph.Aebish 2012-08-04 22:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

DW max on shura pants is 5, right?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-04 22:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

DA doesn't cap at 50%, STP doesn't cap at +50, MAB doesn't cap at +50, etc. It was a misleading statement.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-04 22:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Aebish said: »
DW max on shura pants is 5, right?
For the +1, yes. NQ cap at DW+4.
By Luthiene 2012-08-05 04:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Patentia beats Twilight.

Does this still hold true if you have no access to Thaumas and were using Ninja Chainmail +1?
By leva 2012-08-10 17:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That set is ignoring new abj gear or including?
Also is Emp body plus2 really better than Ninja Chainmail at all times?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-10 18:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Max augmented Tenryu +1 feet will beat Iga Kyahan +2. Tenryu hands +1 will beat Koga +2 regardless of NQ or HQ augment.

Emp +2 body is only better if accuracy matters, but if hexed gear is a legitimate point of interest then you should have Thaumas anyway.
By leva 2012-08-11 11:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Mustella Harness better than both AF and Emp then?