New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 426 427 428 ... 445 446 447
By SimonSes 2022-06-11 10:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowforever said: »
298 maab with 5/5 Amalric set, nothing beats that, u give up some maac is all. But if you run with an igeo and cor like I do maac doesn't matter in 99% of content.

Legs, feet and hands with Cohort Cloak is 300. 4/5 with her helm with 35-50 mab augment is 300+, so you are simply wrong on 5/5. That being said you seems to be not aware that blue magic has WSC like weaponskills and dINT too. Some popular nukes are modified by VIT or other stats. Thats why relic+3 legs might be competitive for some nukes even when they have less mab. Same for other slots. Bis set by miles is path C Name 5/5 if you want to be that nitpicky.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-07-14 15:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What's our longest lasting Bind?
By Nariont 2022-07-14 16:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be mistaken but i think all of our dmg+binds are around the same 60s duration, polar roar may be an exception as i never used it, for sake of range/recast id opt for regurgitation personally
By mahoushoujoa 2022-07-18 22:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I see that Jhakri is noted to have the recast drawback from lack of haste in the guide. Assuming a full set of jhakri +2 is already available, is there any pieces that would be good to replace with NQ Almaric? As the +1 is beyond my current means.

Or are the differences negligible enough that I should just wait until the +1 is a possibility.
By Nariont 2022-07-19 02:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Would at least swap the hands and feet. As soon as you need to start rotating nukes your going to feel that haste loss.

Would also look into augmented cohort cloak +1
By SimonSes 2022-07-19 05:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine empy+2 can change a lot in nuke set. At least feet and hands will probably have ~45+ mab and 20+ mdmg with probably competitive base stats (especially int on feet). +2 Empy suppose to be rather easy to get to, so I wouldn't make any gear decision until next update.
By mahoushoujoa 2022-07-19 17:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the advice!
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2022-07-19 20:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back to the game a few months ago and AzureSets seems to be broken. It only loads if I'm on BLU when I login, and stops working if I change jobs (including sub) or change areas. So I have to restart windower to use it at all. I can't find any way to restart it and I'm not getting any errors, it just doesn't interact in any way.
By Typongtive 2022-07-19 20:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

unload it and reload //lua u azuresets then //lua l azuresets
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2022-07-20 12:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Typongtive said: »
unload it and reload //lua u azuresets then //lua l azuresets
you the man. this helps me with so many other addons lol
[+]
By Galkapryme 2022-07-24 13:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

When was the last time this thread was updated?
By Nariont 2022-07-24 13:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

When last batch of gear was added.

EDIT: suppose the sroda ring wasn't added in actually, that's it though
By Galkapryme 2022-07-24 16:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
When last batch of gear was added.

EDIT: suppose the sroda ring wasn't added in actually, that's it though

Was just thinking, the Fast Cast gear is outdated...made me think it was really old.
By Galkapryme 2022-07-24 17:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I have for Fast Cast. FC is capped with Erratic Flutter, but could easily change out hands for a clean 80 FC.

ItemSet 385682

-- Fast Cast 74 (Capped w/Erratic Flutter)
sets["BLU_FC"] = {
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1", -- SIRD 11
head="Carmine Mask +1", -- FC 14
neck="Voltsurge Torque", -- FC 4
ear1="Enchntr. Earring +1", -- FC 2
ear2="Loquac. Earring", -- FC 2
body="Pinga Tunic +1", -- FC 15
hands="Hashi. Bazu. +1", -- Blue magic recast 14
ring1="Prolix Ring", -- FC 2
ring2="Kishar Ring", -- FC 4
back="Rosmerta's Cape", -- FC 10/SIRD 10
waist="Rumination Sash", -- SIRD 10
legs="Pinga Pants +1", -- FC 13
feet="Carmine Greaves +1" -- FC 8
}
By Galkapryme 2022-07-24 17:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I think 2 Zomorrodnegars are quite useful for 2 sets; full accuracy and blue magic skill (non-nuking...thing enfeebling and buffing).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-24 17:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The general FC set in the op is already capping FC and costs millions of Gil less than that one, there's a reason it has never been changed. SIRD doesn't do anything in your precast set (especially with Gearswap) and there isn't enough there to even half cap it anyway.

Spells like reaving wind (aka ones you'd be finishing in a set that loads up on fast cast) wouldn't use a majority of the gear in that set either since you want to use pieces like Luhlaza Jubbah +3 for the magic accuracy.

Long as fast cast is capped then a fast cast set is doing its job, no reason to fluff it up with more expensive pieces that don't do anything of value. Would rather keep the cheap easy to access gear in there and have specialized sets for the spells that require them.

Anyway this isn't an RMT buyer's guide, it's a gear guide aimed at new and returning players. The higher end sets are in there cause I know people like copy pasting ***easily into their gearswap but I'm still not going to put things that no one in their right mind would buy like the SU5 BLU sword.
[+]
By Galkapryme 2022-07-24 17:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The general FC set in the op is already capping FC and costs millions of Gil less than that one, there's a reason it has never been changed. SIRD doesn't do anything in your precast set (especially with Gearswap) and there isn't enough there to even half cap it anyway.

Spells like reaving wind (aka ones you'd be finishing in a set that loads up on fast cast) wouldn't use a majority of the gear in that set either since you want to use pieces like Luhlaza Jubbah +3 for the magic accuracy.

Long as fast cast is capped then a fast cast set is doing its job, no reason to fluff it up with more expensive pieces that don't do anything of value. Would rather keep the cheap easy to access gear in there and have specialized sets for the spells that require them.

Anyway this isn't an RMT buyer's guide, it's a gear guide aimed at new and returning players. The higher end sets are in there cause I know people like copy pasting ***easily into their gearswap but I'm still not going to put things that no one in their right mind would buy like the SU5 BLU sword.

Wasn't trying to offend. Didn't realize you were taking cost into consideration. I tend towards higher end FC gear for the purpose of DEF (even though it's a quick change before midcast). But the Su5 swords...definitely useful - specifically in the instances I mentioned. Perhaps they may not be worth it to someone coming off millions of gil, but just as a matter of their functionality, they are useful. The cape was an interesting choice since there's no cost in the Ambu cape, and it gives 6 more FC.
By Nariont 2022-07-24 17:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, guess it is old, never bothered looking at it. If flutter is constant you could probably swap the belt for witful and the ranged for the quickens spell cast piece i forget the name of.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-24 17:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Useful is arguable. Having one for subtle blow has merit if you have no other jobs or things to buy but I'd never recommend it for anything else really. You're not gonna get any meaningful benefit from that extra blue magic skill especially when it costs your main hand slot (Iris has more skill anyway). Weapon slots should really be the last you're sacrificing for accuracy too, and these things don't even necessarily win for that anyway (barely more than Sakpata sword, less than or equal to Tamonyagi +1 for example). They're more or less just trophy pieces thanks to how bad they decided to make the special effect on them (seriously, chain and burst affinity recast.........)

You're only spending a fraction of a second (1 second with in game macros) in your precast set so eh, little extra defense isn't too important really. If you're using fast cast pieces in your midcast it becomes more important but you'd never be using Pinga in those circumstances really just because they don't have any other beneficial stats like macc, SIRD, enmity, or dt-%.

Anyway that's more or less my reasoning. I probably will change orunmila to voltsurge though, at this point voltsurge is much easier and faster to get.
By Nariont 2022-07-24 18:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Macc difference between say naegling and su5 is gonna be pretty miniscule if mnd/int play any part
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-24 18:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For magic accuracy it's just a battle for the offhand since Tizona slaps
[+]
By Galkapryme 2022-07-24 18:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Karizo said: »
I don't know how to do a nice table on here, but let's break it down.

Amalric 5/5 (with max MAB/INT augment)
Head: Path A - 24 INT 20 MAB
Body: Path D - 38 INT 58 MAB
Hands: Path D - 36 INT 53 MAB
Legs: Path D - 40 INT 65 MAB
Feet: Path A/D - 21 INT 52 MAB
Bonus: 50 MAB
Total: 159 INT 298 MAB

Set in the Guide
Head: N/A - 0 INT 0 MAB
Body: N/A - 76 INT 100 MAB
Hands: Path D - 36 INT 53 MAB
Legs: N/A - 40 INT 57 MAB
Feet: Path A/D - 21 INT 52 MAB
Bonus: 20 MAB
Total: 173 INT 282 MAB

I will take the extra int and m.acc over the extra MAB anyday.

And I am sorry I don't have a pocket GEO/COR to run around with me all day lol. I don't think the guide assumes that either.

You also might miss another 12 INT from the hands if you went for MP path, which I personally do from back in the days when Death was still a thing.

For me, it's 26 INT and m.acc vs. 16 MAB.

Please point out any numbers I may have messed up, since it's all manual, and I do hope this clear things up.

One small thing, I think the new Sibyl Scarf might be better. It's 10INT 10MAB.

Wanted to do a quick comparison for personal review...need to see them together:

ItemSet 385692

-- INT 223~227 (253-257 w/clubs)
-- MAB 305 (361~386 w/clubs)
-- M.ACC 236~250 (316~330 w/clubs)
sets["BLU_MAB"] = {
ammo="Ghastly Tathlum +1",
neck="Baetyl Pendant",
ear1="Friomisi Earring",
ear2="Regal Earring",
body="Cohort Cloak +1",
hands="Amalric Gages +1",
ring1="Shiva Ring +1",
ring2="Metamor. Ring +1",
back="Rosmerta's Cape",
waist="Orpheus's Sash", -- (not entirely sure this works on BLU spells)
legs="Luhlaza Shalwar +3",
feet="Amalric Nails +1"
}
[+]
By Galkapryme 2022-07-24 18:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, yeah...I'm using what's in the guide as well.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-24 18:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Orpheus does work for blu spells. Works for WS and JA too.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-07-25 12:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been wondering, why luhlaza shalwar +3 over amalric slops +1?
Same INT, mACC+25, MAB-13. I really don't get resisted nuking since it's generally cleaving low level content or in w3 dyna w/ food & geo bubbles to support it. (w/o focus, ya i do literal poop on w3)
By Nariont 2022-07-25 12:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be wrong but think it's due to the overall higher stat spread for the non-int only aligned nukes, like the fire/wind/earth ones while also being strong for the INT aligned ones along with the additional macc
By fillerbunny9 2022-07-25 12:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
I've been wondering, why luhlaza shalwar +3 over amalric slops +1?
Same INT, mACC+25, MAB-13. I really don't get resisted nuking since it's generally cleaving low level content or in w3 dyna w/ food & geo bubbles to support it. (w/o focus, ya i do literal poop on w3)
because BLU spells are weird and not solely reliant on INT and have WSC. for example: Tenebral Crush has a 30% INT, MND, and VIT WSC which is calculated as part of the damage formula. so Amalric +1 also lose 1 MND and 20 VIT from the equation.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-10 18:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not many changes to make really but I'll update for emp+2 eventually

-Head will be good for WS until Nyame r20
-Body is good for idle now, still good for blue magic precast, good hybrid casting option for macc
-Hands are now a good hybrid casting piece for both nukes and debuffs.
-Legs for skill and phys spells/efflux as always. Again good for hybrid casting sets and just generally excellent for magic accuracy. Also very barely worse than Luhlaza +3 for nukes in general so +3 should have no trouble being best for those too.
-Feet for nukes as usual.
-Earring more or less inventory-1 until we know about augments.
-The 3% wsd ammo will be good for savage/expi/black halo without needing to have capped attack like crep pebble. Crep pebble still ever so slightly better cause of the str if you are attack capped.

New best nuke set is going to be +3 hands and feet over amalric probably but I guess we'll see when that day comes. Pretty close as it is at +2.

Amalric: 9STR, 29DEX, 26VIT, 28AGI, 57INT, 54MND, 52CHR, 125MAB, 40MACC
Hashishin: 28STR, 63DEX, 51VIT, 48AGI, 62INT, 72MND, 62CHR, 102MAB, 102MACC

Hashishin slaps amalric for WSC and it isn't even a close fight for magic accuracy. Just eyeballing, depending on spell WSC +2 probably already better than Amalric despite the mab loss but I haven't run any numbers yet. All of these emp. Pieces that have DT on them would be suitable for spells like Dream Flower where survivability while casting and Magic Accuracy are the focus.

Just a quick writeup, might be some mistakes.
[+]
By kinkanat 2022-08-11 02:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This month it seems that Absolute Terror is very useful to be able to do Ambuscade comfortably.

Could someone put a set so that the summoner can't resist Absolute Terror? Is it compulsory to use af/relic pieces?

For now I only have access to any equipment except AF/RELIC but if it's necessary I would have to take them out?

Is best set magic accuracy or magic attack bonus?
By SimonSes 2022-08-11 05:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

kinkanat said: »
This month it seems that Absolute Terror is very useful to be able to do Ambuscade comfortably.

Could someone put a set so that the summoner can't resist Absolute Terror? Is it compulsory to use af/relic pieces?

For now I only have access to any equipment except AF/RELIC but if it's necessary I would have to take them out?

Is best set magic accuracy or magic attack bonus?

Doesn't really matter because you need elemental seal anyway.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 426 427 428 ... 445 446 447