Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 387 388 389 ... 445 446 447
By Boshi 2020-07-09 12:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt they are better than Jhakri. You pretty much need a DM aug
By SimonSes 2020-07-09 12:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont need dm augment. 5% wsd and around 5str is enough to break even. Thats not even counting 2%ta which would marginally push Herc even higher (assuming am3). Ofc depends on your att augment, Jhakri might win for uncapped attack scenario.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-07-09 13:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So would STR10+, ACC/ATK, and WSD3-4%+ beat jhakri +2 for Expi? Trying to find where one pulls ahead of the other.
By SimonSes 2020-07-09 13:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
So would STR10+, ACC/ATK, and WSD3-4%+ beat jhakri +2 for Expi? Trying to find where one pulls ahead of the other.

Breakpoint is around 4%WSD with 11STR or 5%WSD with 4STR. Kinda depends on fSTR. Its a marginal difference tho. 3%WSD with 5STR would be 0.9% behind, while 5%WSD with 10STR would be 0.4% ahead.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-07-09 14:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Shiva.Berzerk said: »

Breakpoint is around 4%WSD with 11STR or 5%WSD with 4STR. Kinda depends on fSTR. Its a marginal difference tho. 3%WSD with 5STR would be 0.9% behind, while 5%WSD with 10STR would be 0.4% ahead.

Gotcha, I lucked out with STR15 wsd4% herc feet so sounds like stick w/ those.
 Siren.Sebian
Server: Siren
user: Camilien
By Siren.Sebian 2020-07-10 07:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, non REAM BLU

For CDC, Naegling / Zantet or Tanmog + 1 / Zantet ?

Thanks
By tyalangan 2020-07-10 08:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sebian said: »

Thanks

Naegling. I’d want the DEX, lower delay, ATK and WS ATK than the higher damage, higher delay and crit of Tan
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-10 09:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really consider Tanmogayi +1 as a serious Non-RMEA weapon anymore, at least not until the next wave of UNM augments. If they throw some Critical Hit Damage on it or something nice like DEX+20, it could be a different story.

Naegling's Attack Bonus is just too good to pass up. The extra Macc makes it perfect for BLU trying to land additional effects from spells and debuffs as well (something that gets overlooked a lot). It should easily be the best non RMEA main hand option for BLU in 95% of all scenarios for many things, including CDC.
[+]
 Siren.Sebian
user: Camilien
By Siren.Sebian 2020-07-10 13:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Siren.Sebian said: »

Thanks

Naegling. I’d want the DEX, lower delay, ATK and WS ATK than the higher damage, higher delay and crit of Tan
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't really consider Tanmogayi +1 as a serious Non-RMEA weapon anymore, at least not until the next wave of UNM augments. If they throw some Critical Hit Damage on it or something nice like DEX+20, it could be a different story.

Naegling's Attack Bonus is just too good to pass up. The extra Macc makes it perfect for BLU trying to land additional effects from spells and debuffs as well (something that gets overlooked a lot). It should easily be the best non RMEA main hand option for BLU in 95% of all scenarios for many things, including CDC.

Brilliant thanks guys
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2020-07-11 00:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a link to some current sets? Engaged?
Looking to update all my gear
Thank you!
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-11 19:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cohort Cloak +1 testing. R15. Same testing as before, all less than one distance away. Testing Cohort vs Jhakri vs Herculean DM augment. This is my Herculean Helm augment so there is no confusion.

Subduction:

Herculean: 9699
Jhakri +2: 9655
Cohort +1: 9665

Tenebral Crush(I'll add in Pixie +1 for this):

Herculean: 17,777
Jhakri +2: 17,616
Pixie +1: 19,637
Cohort +1: 18,027

Retinal Glare:

Herculean: 12,751
Jhakri +2: 12,763
Cohort +1: 12,756

Entomb:

Herculean: 15,400
Jhakri +2: 14,940
Cohort +1: 15,556

Spectral Floe:

Herculean: 18,498
Jhakri +2: 18,590
Cohort +1: 18,536

Anvil Lightning:

Herculean: 14,701
Jhakri +2: 14,525
Cohort +1: 14,656

Searing Tempest:

Herculean: 14,488
Jhakri +2: 14,553
Cohort +1: 14,656
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-11 19:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, thanks for testing that, I think most people would be more interested in how it performs against Almaric tho?
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-11 19:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That is Amalric +1 body/hands/legs/feet. Amalric +1 head is trash for nuking.
By Viciouss 2020-07-11 19:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind then.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-11 21:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised it loses for Spectral Floe, which is my main nuking spell on BLU. I mostly use Entomb for petrify vs the damage, and I would never replace Pixie for Tenebral Crush. Interesting, thanks for the testing
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2020-07-12 07:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
That is Amalric +1 body/hands/legs/feet. Amalric +1 head is trash for nuking.

Can I check with you what sort of mobs did you test against for the nuking?

Are you using Amalric Body +1 on path A or path D?

Was wondering if the 120 Magic Accuracy from the Cloak might be more helpful on high level mobs.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-12 17:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Same as the other tests. Dhalmels outside Mhuara. Damage is the same every time unless you get a day/weather proc/resist. In regards to the macc making a difference on high level targets, you do what you want with it. I put it in my macc toggle for nuking, and kept the DM augment Herc Helm for regular since it is more haste between the two with the damage difference being negligible.

Also path A on body, path D on hands, D on legs, and D on feet.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-07-13 01:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Same as the other tests. Dhalmels outside Mhuara. Damage is the same every time unless you get a day/weather proc/resist. In regards to the macc making a difference on high level targets, you do what you want with it. I put it in my macc toggle for nuking, and kept the DM augment Herc Helm for regular since it is more haste between the two with the damage difference being negligible.

Also path A on body, path D on hands, D on legs, and D on feet.

I think I asked this already, but you check all dhalmes to be the exact same level?
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-13 02:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. The damage is static on BLU magic though.
By SimonSes 2020-07-13 03:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage is static but you will make more damage on lower level dhalmes, because they will have lower INT and dINT will be higher. When damage is so close between those options, it will make a difference.
 Stu
By Stu 2020-07-13 06:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

As a non-REMA BLU, who has just got his Malignance set. Where does this gear fit into a TP build? Only where acc is required? The lack of AM3 makes malignance seem a bit 'meh' for TP.

I can't find up to date sets with Malignance gear.
 Odin.Hecky
Server: Odin
user: Hecky
By Odin.Hecky 2020-07-13 07:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I been reading up abit in the comments here, but i also wonder abit when it comes to Naegling. Its not mentioned in the guide, but im under the impression it's about 4th BiS? Anyhow i just got mine and i really look forward to try it. Will Savage blade now become my main WS regardless of TP when it comes to damage? I am starting to get a ok WSD set, still stuggling to get a "above avrage casual" CDC set so guess ill be doing some testing. But any advice are very welcome.

I should also mention i mainhand Naegling for the moment with a Colada in offhand
By SimonSes 2020-07-13 07:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Stu said: »
As a non-REMA BLU, who has just got his Malignance set. Where does this gear fit into a TP build? Only where acc is required? The lack of AM3 makes malignance seem a bit 'meh' for TP.

I can't find up to date sets with Malignance gear.

Its not really a pure TP set, its a hybrid set. It sacrifices some raw DPS stats for amazing survivability and resistance to debuffs.
It also has very high acc, while having very high store TP too, which makes some pieces stand out for acc TP set to support Thibron offhand.

Obviously it synergies best with AM3 Tizona, but I would say head/legs/feet should still be the best even for Naegling/Thibron or Maxientus/Thibron. Body and hands can be switched to adhemar+1 path A (this is actually also the case for Tizona too, but Tizona loses much less when you keep Malignance body and hands, while once again providing outstanding defensive.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-13 22:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Damage is static but you will make more damage on lower level dhalmes, because they will have lower INT and dINT will be higher. When damage is so close between those options, it will make a difference.

Went to check. Tried on lvl 21-23 Dhalmels. Damage was the same. Same applied to level 21-23 Zus. When you move down to lvl 16-19 mobs(Mandies and Rarabs) subduction goes from 9699 to 9751. Moving down to Pugils lvl 24 9687, and 25 9670.

Really is going to be very situational regardless lol with slight variances depending what you are fighting.
[+]
 Siren.Lionsheart
By Siren.Lionsheart 2020-07-14 10:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking to a buddy of mine and he was making a phalanx+ set for RUN with Taeon. Does this Phalanx+ gear also work for Barrier Tusk? Sorry if this has been asked before, I can't seem to find a definite answer.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-14 10:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Barrier Tusk isn't actually phalanx despite sharing the same status bar buff icon, so Phalanx+ doesn't affect it.

Also, this property is listed pretty clearly on the BG wiki page for Barrier Tusk, so I'm not sure how hard you looked.
[+]
 Siren.Lionsheart
By Siren.Lionsheart 2020-07-14 11:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I searched it, I don't usually bother with BG because half the time the info is missing or incorrect. But thanks even if you had to be a *** about it.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-07-14 11:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lionsheart said: »
I don't usually bother with BG because half the time the info is missing or incorrect.

I see this one come up in discussion disturbingly often so I'll offer a really quick PSA.

If you are looking for information about Older Content, Missions, Quests and such. 'Older' being Pre-Delve. FFXIClopedia.com will be the way to go!

If you are looking for anything more current than that such as Omen, or AF+3 or Dynamis Divergence or Game Mechanics and Formulas BG-Wiki is the place to go!

Seriously, other than very tiny edits here and there about Mission/Quest Data, there is nothing on BG Wiki that's false. And even if it is, it's patched very quickly once reported (Odnowa Earring +1 comes to mind).

You wanna look up the modifiers for your favorite BLU spell? BG-Wiki, always. It's your first stop and there will be no exceptions. You wanna look up your favorite WS? Same thing.

You wanna look up CoP Missions? FFXIClopedia all day, someone has been making efforts to Update the BGWiki's Mission department but FFXIClopedia is still just better and more in depth.

These are you three pages for FFXI, people (Including FFXIAH.com). Learn'em, love'em, Bookmark'em.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-14 13:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
there is nothing on BG Wiki that's false.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Presto

Quote:
Causes the next Step to increase Daze level by 2 if possible.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-07-14 13:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
there is nothing on BG Wiki that's false.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Presto

Quote:
Causes the next Step to increase Daze level by 2 if possible.

Wait, what’s wrong here?
And like I said earlier, they’re pretty quick to update once an error is reported.
First Page 2 3 ... 387 388 389 ... 445 446 447