The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 343 344 345 ... 445 446 447
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-09-17 00:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Given current information and understanding about the weapon, it's basically useless.

That being said, there's some very early information in the DNC thread talking about Path A's "double damage" proc affecting weaponskills. IF this is accurate and intended, SU5 is an absolutely obscene weapon, particularly with Savage Blade. HOWEVER, this has not had any quantified testing and absolutely nothing has been confirmed.

As of right now, it's poop. We'll see what new information arises in the future, though.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-17 00:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we not propagate that ***into every single thread.

One guy. Trolls. And now every thread thinks it.
[+]
By geigei 2018-09-17 02:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously doubt SE made a crafted weapon that kills all rema.
By Rainemard 2018-09-17 07:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've said it was a rumour, you don't need to say "troll" to everyone who talks. I've also said the tests weren't done in a well thought out system so far, but I'll have more information about it soon. Currently I still have no way of explaining the spike from 11k to 22k however, on a single-hit WS that only uses WSD gear to scale. If you have suggestions about how that happened, let me know. Nothing wrong with speculation if it verifies information at the end of it.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-17 07:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I seriously doubt SE made a crafted weapon that kills all rema.

Of course not. They made a crafted weapon that's useful for 2 of 22 jobs.
By Nariont 2018-09-17 07:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be able to just ws some lvl 1 rabbits right? Assuming proc rates high shouldnt take too long to see some double dmg ws'
 Shiva.Zerkles
Server: Shiva
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-18 17:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What is considered the best off hand for Savage/Expi spam? Without doing too much digging, im thinking STR colada, or does almace compete/beat it?
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2018-09-21 08:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Calling all spreadsheet wizards!

Anyone edit sheets and looked for best "new/bug fix/whatever" CDC sets?

I'm probably guessing something like it is now with AF/WSD Body and Legs. Really don't know about Crit Rate or WSD on cape. (Probably gonna keep Crit until next update and see if they do patch this)
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-09-29 23:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Accidentally got an Zomorrodnegar, already have an AG Almace. So far, from asking around, Path B seems to be the best.

Zomorrodnegar Path B/Almace AG vs Tizona/Almace AG

Pro : No Aftermath maintenance, Higher DMG, ACC Boost
Cons: Occ attack twice vs Occ attack 2-3 times, no MP drain

Any thoughts?

My view is that the upgrade paths seems to be aftermath traits
Path A is Empyrean (Double Dmg 50%)
Path B as Mythic (Occ multiple attacks)
By Boshi 2018-09-30 00:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

path C to be a ba macro piece
By SimonSes 2018-09-30 03:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Zomorrodnegar

How many times it needs to be said? IT IS NOT an Occasionally attack twice FFS

It's a chance for following attack. It's similar yet completely different. Follow up attack is completely separate from multi attack proc, while occasionally attack twice is very dependent of multi attack proc.

To make it clear:
OAT - The game checks for Quadruple attack chance > if not occurred, it checks for Triple attack chance > if not occurred, it checks for Double attack chance > if not occurred, it check for Occasionally attack twice chance. So OAT looses A LOT of it's value if you have high multi attack chance in your gear, because it can only happen when you fail to multi attack.

Following Attack - The game checks for QA > TA > DA, then it check for Following attack chance separately (actually it might first check for following attack, then for multi attack. I don't think anyone tested that, because it would be extremely hard to test. Doesn't matter much tho, because proccing QA on main and sub hand + proccing Following attack, all in same attack round would be quite rare). Both multi attack and Following attack can occur in same attack round. For example you can proc Triple attack and Following attack, which will result in 4 attacks with Zomorrodnegar.

TL;DR Following Attack is MUCH more valuable than Occasionally attack twice with current end game gear full of multi attack %.

Also AM3 on mythic follows the same rules as OAT, so it can't proc when multi attack proc, but differently than OAT it can proc on weaponskill and it's what makes it very valuable for CDC, because all additional attacks on CDC transfer fTP of first hit, so they are as much powerful. It's even more important now with WSD bug/change, because you want to stack WSD now for CDC too and that will indirectly lower you multi attack % in CDC gear (because WSD gear almost always lacks multi attack).

I have a feeling that even with AM3 Tizona will be just even in tp gain with Zomorrodnegar (assuming offensive TP set, because when tanking or solo in defensive gear, Tizona would win significantly), but somone needs to put them in sheet and check. Tizona will also probably produce higher avg CDC with AM3 up (multi hit from AM3 should beat 21 base dmg difference), but Zomorrodnegar will spike higher. this is especially true with current situation with WSD. Zomorrodnegar has 20 more acc, but Tizona has 20 more macc (which is quite important when you want to play the job with full potential. Sudden Lunge Wave3 comes to mind. I haven't actually tried it, but I have a feeling that Lunge landing there would make defense completely irrelevant, because mobs wouldn't even move for majority of the killing). Also obviously Tizona has it's MP recovery which is another very valuable thing for playing the job with full potential. It's worth to not that 25% Subtle blow II on Zomorrodnegar is great for low man too.

As for suggestion to go with path C to have macro piece... It would be almost useless imo. TP lost when switching to it before Chain Affinity would make it not really worth it. Now lower recast on Burst Affinity would be more useful, but 25% is not enough game changing imo. We would need something like -75% to make it game changing (18 sec would still be quite a lot, but you could at least MB most of the SCH skillchains and possibly makes BLU even more versatile in low man strategies)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-09-30 07:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I have a feeling that even with AM3 Tizona will be just even in tp gain with Zomorrodnegar (assuming offensive TP set, because when tanking or solo in defensive gear, Tizona would win significantly)
Since Zomorrodnegar has a higher delay at 260, wouldn't the TP return from follow up attack be comparable to Tizona which is 236 in a defensive set (i.e. Ayanmo +2). Also, it avoids the time wasted for aftermath maintenance compare to Tizona.

Zomorrodnegar has 20 more acc, but Tizona has 20 more macc
There is +20 blue magic skill on Zomorrodnegar so that should make them even.

I am waiting for the next update before I start augmenting it, just to keep the crafter's signature.
By SimonSes 2018-09-30 09:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
I have a feeling that even with AM3 Tizona will be just even in tp gain with Zomorrodnegar (assuming offensive TP set, because when tanking or solo in defensive gear, Tizona would win significantly)
Since Zomorrodnegar has a higher delay at 260, wouldn't the TP return from follow up attack be comparable to Tizona which is 236 in a defensive set (i.e. Ayanmo +2). Also, it avoids the time wasted for aftermath maintenance compare to Tizona.

Zomorrodnegar has 20 more acc, but Tizona has 20 more macc
There is +20 blue magic skill on Zomorrodnegar so that should make them even.

I am waiting for the next update before I start augmenting it, just to keep the crafter's signature.

About TP, I think Tizona would still generate more tp overall with def sets, but this would require some modeling with specific stats. Ofc maintaining AM3 is incoveniant and sometimes its easier and sometime it isnt. Its definitely less damage loss now tho, because 3000 tp Expiacion is really strong WS with 45% boost. I think damage wise those weapon are really close mostly because of Tizona boost to avg cdc damage with AM3. Without that Tizona would lose hard probably.

Now about macc you are right. I completely forgot about that blue skill.

I think both weapons are great but if I would only have to pick up one I would go with Tizona, because it has that unique mp recovery, but if I could have both weapons I would probably use su5 over Tizona quite a lot.
By Boshi 2018-09-30 11:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Expiacion is sweet.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-10-03 13:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick questing for a starting blue on my own character
im farming blu spells with seesm pretty easy compared to the horro stories ppl are telling me

however I have a questions:
im using this little guide for now
http://www.zentoo.net/ffxi/blu/BLUMain.html
howver for a lot of the low spell they only mention low levle zones which is way to hard to keep at beloe 25% hp and feed tp,
like for foot kick
Are those just examples or are you only able to learn E.G footkick on a low leve rabbit?

Currently i just did farm in cape taerring adn got 4 blu spells but no footkick yet
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-03 13:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

they're just examples
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-10-03 13:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
they're just examples

Just came to confirm that i just learned foot kick in cape terrigan
5 spells in a few hours. Really not bad
By chads 2018-10-04 08:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the current state on CDC and WSD? Is stacking WSD over crit or DEX the way to be now? Also if I had to make just one: Almace or Tizona? I'll be using BLU for as my "group friendly" job as I'm principally a solo/low-man player on PUP. Of course I'd also like to tackle things solo on BLU.

I'm also building an Aeonic soon with my play group. With Godhands being relatively useless (for PUP) and PUP being really the only job I have, I am considering Sequence. Is it a viable (BiS) option as either main or off-hand? If there are better options I will possibly consider a different weapon.

Thank you for any advice! I've seen the discussions above about Su5 vs Tizona and it's very helpful but I am still unaware of the current state of the BLU weapon meta.
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2018-10-04 08:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

chads said: »
What's the current state on CDC and WSD? Is stacking WSD over crit or DEX the way to be now? Also if I had to make just one: Almace or Tizona? I'll be using BLU for as my "group friendly" job as I'm principally a solo/low-man player on PUP. Of course I'd also like to tackle things solo on BLU.

I'm also building an Aeonic soon with my play group. With Godhands being relatively useless (for PUP) and PUP being really the only job I have, I am considering Sequence. Is it a viable (BiS) option as either main or off-hand? If there are better options I will possibly consider a different weapon.

Thank you for any advice! I've seen the discussions above about Su5 vs Tizona and it's very helpful but I am still unaware of the current state of the BLU weapon meta.

If you're going for raw dps potential, I'm pretty certain Almace is king.

Edit: Tizona is great if you plan on doing solo stuff, but in all honestly I haven't been in a solo situation to date where I've said to myself, "Man I wish I had Tizona"

Sequence is good, but idk if I'd make one over the other better options (Fomal, Chango, etc) if just for offhand.

As far as WSD sets go, I haven't changed my CDC set because I feel like as soon as I do, they will fix their "bug"
By Boshi 2018-10-04 10:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Tizona/Almace or Tizona/Raetic in escha are still the best combo.

WSD is the best over ma/critr/critd for any ws atm
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-10-04 11:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Tizona/Almace or Tizona/Raetic in escha are still the best combo.

WSD is the best over ma/critr/critd for any ws atm

How far ahead is a WSD set pulling ahead of a crit set on WS's like CDC?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-04 11:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't fully agree with that statement. landing a crit is a higher increase than 10% more damage. If you could chose you would certainly take crit on every hit of cdc instead of 10% more damage(per hit).

While WSD will produce more consistant numbers, Crit will still produce higher spikes, and higher averages, which is what spreadsheets will say is better.

So, crit damage+ and crit rate are still going to be better.

It's no different than Obi. if you cast in MAB waist and get the weather proc, its better than obi, but you're still going to use obi to ensure the weather proc.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-10-04 11:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So still stack crit rate/dmg and get any WSD where able then.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-04 11:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For cdc I think the only thing I would really change would be the cape to WSD. (moonshade to ishvara I think is a net gain as well?)

Maybe Begrudging ring, because the liability (situational swap)
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-10-04 12:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Soothsayer said: »

If you're going for raw dps potential, I'm pretty certain Almace is king.

Edit: Tizona is great if you plan on doing solo stuff, but in all honestly I haven't been in a solo situation to date where I've said to myself, "Man I wish I had Tizona"

Sequence is good, but idk if I'd make one over the other better options (Fomal, Chango, etc) if just for offhand.

As far as WSD sets go, I haven't changed my CDC set because I feel like as soon as I do, they will fix their "bug"

While I use Almace/Sequence the most, there are plenty of situations where I’m glad I made Tizona. Tizona + a well geared White Wind set is really useful in a lot of content where AoE damage is an issue. It’s great to have in Dynamis-Divergence since there can be a lot of AoE damage there. And yeah, your WHM should ideally be able to cure your pt fast enough, but it’s always nice to be able to spam White Wind to help your WHM out. So I prefer to use Tizona there for that reason alone.

Tizona is also excellent for soloing Leviathan VD. With Almace/Sequence, I would often have to zone into MH between runs to replenish MP, but you don’t have to when you mainhand Tizona for that fight which is nice.
By Boshi 2018-10-04 13:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
(moonshade to ishvara I think is a net gain as well?)

Maybe Begrudging ring, because the liability (situational swap)
-for begrudging i had just tossed dt5 on cdc cape to make it a wash
-moonshade is already worse than mache+1 at 1k tp flat.

-I don't have hard facts to prove this but, I think Ishvara might be a bit of an overrated piece.
The numbers it gives for magic ws vs say a matt7 earring don't really make sense for 2 wsd.
If i had to -guess- I would assume ishvara is something like 4/256 rather than 5/256 making it give only around ~1.5625%wsd. higher wsd# like 10wsd probably have like 25/256 degrading the wsd a lot less
 Phoenix.Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-10-04 14:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So still follow the guide on first page for max CDC set just change cape from crit rate to WSD?
By SimonSes 2018-10-04 17:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I don't fully agree with that statement. landing a crit is a higher increase than 10% more damage. If you could chose you would certainly take crit on every hit of cdc instead of 10% more damage(per hit).

While WSD will produce more consistant numbers, Crit will still produce higher spikes, and higher averages, which is what spreadsheets will say is better.

So, crit damage+ and crit rate are still going to be better.

It's no different than Obi. if you cast in MAB waist and get the weather proc, its better than obi, but you're still going to use obi to ensure the weather proc.

This is not true.
If anything, it's WSD that will produce higher spikes, because in WSD gear you can still crit all hits, so with WSD you will then spike higher.

Also that question on the start is completely irrelevant. Obviously I will choose 100% crit on every hit over 10% damage on every hit, but I cant see the choice like this. The closest would be 10% crit rate on cape vs 10% WSD od cape. I don't see how 10% will make me crit 100% of the time, unless I have 90% crit rate already and then going from 90% crit to 100% crit would still probably be worse for avg damage over 10% WSD with 90% crit rate.
By Boshi 2018-10-04 17:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Messing around on the spreadsheet very quickly I got:

head/hands:
adh+1 head & adh+1 hands > adh+1 head & jhak+2 hands
adh+1 head & adh+1 hands > dex10wsd5 x2
adh+1 head & adh+1 hands > dex10wsd5 head & jhak+2 hands
these all end up holding true if you're getting set bonus with adh+1 feet too, i guess head is too good.

ear:
ishvara slightly beats mache+1 with low wsd, once you get a decent amount mache+1 x2 wins again.
Moonshade loses

body:
AF+3 body crushes

ring:
Epaminonda's Ring beating both ilabrat at begrudging.
Almace:
capped att: epa w/ epona>begrudging>ilabrat
uncapped att: epa w/ epona>(barely)>ilabrat>begrudging
Tizona:
capped att: epa w/ epona>begrudging>ilabrat
uncapped att: epa w/ ilabrat>begrudging>epona

back:
dex30/attacc/wsd10 is king.

legs:
relic legs beating perfect samnuha
relic legs > dex/wsd herc

for feet:
The adhemar feet seem to be made more competitive with this?
(for herc dex15/wsd4>dex10/wsd5 by like 10-30 dmg it's never a big deal im using 10/5 as base #)

attack capped: herc10/5 > theroid > adh+1
attack uncapped: herc10/5**> adh+1 >> theroid
**10/5herc was needing about ~16 attack to match at uncapped att

ItemSet 361829
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-04 17:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD + lower crit rate = more static (with chance for highest spike)

Stacking crit = more often spike = higher on paper average
First Page 2 3 ... 343 344 345 ... 445 446 447