2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 338 339 340 ... 445 446 447
By tyalangan 2018-04-24 08:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd agree. Reasonably obtainable augments, non DM. Maybe 80% of max augments? DEX8, ACC/ATK24, TA3? Same with Crit Damage. Then just leave the rest for everyone else to add?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-27 16:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know where I should go to figure out stat weighting for nukes? Pointing me towards existing test results would be plenty. Trying to figure out the ratios for:

dSTAT, WSC, MAB, MDmg (I think that's about all that should affect nukes..)

Yes, I know that WSCs have quite varied attributes/values, but it shouldn't be nearly as hard as it's been for me to pin down what the weighting is since all of the specific values are known. :/

What is the exact damage formula for blue magic? Is base damage determined by some variable like mainhand weapon, assigned static values, or tiered like M values based on dSTAT? Where exactly does fTP fit into the formula?

If no one knows any of these things, how would I go about testing them myself? Anyone know relevant attribute values for any specific lv100+ mobs if I have to do the testing (or even just how to determine said values)?

Everything that I've found that addresses any of my questions comes from pre-ilvl days, which means that it can not be fully relied upon. There've been too many core changes to damage formulas since SoA was added to count on anything 3yr+ old to be accurate. :(
EX: Oldwiki page Calculating Blue Magic Damage was last updated Oct 8, 2010...
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-04-30 07:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, came to ask if anyone here has any experience soloing Omen on BLU, someone in ls mentioned BLU can solo Kin, was this done during trust campaign or is feasible, and are there others besides Kin that can be soloed as well, or was that ls member pulling my leg? Thanks in advance
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-04-30 08:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This dude does solo Omen a lot and with a variety of Jobs. Blu being one of them.
The nice thing is he doesn't only post his wins but the ones where he fails too. Can be tough to make out if you dont read Japanese like me but you can figure out most of the stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRCNN8Krfq4Us1pMbsUj4eg/videos
By tyalangan 2018-04-30 08:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have solo'd Gin as have many others and have seen Fu and Kin solo'd. You will most likely need a lot of time for Kin with accidental heals. You will also be best with Savage Blade spam I would think.

EDIT: was several seconds slower than the guy above. Yes, Siro Neko solos Omen and would be a recommended Youtuber for any BLU to follow.
By emerle 2018-04-30 12:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a good Blue Magic skill set to get to 650 skill? Would prefer not to swap in Iris(s).

Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2018-04-30 13:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

how out of date are the equipsets in the sticky'd guide? don't really know much about endgame type gear and looking for a starting point. Just asking because I know a lot of the guides on the site are out of date when compared to others
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-30 13:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
how out of date are the equipsets in the sticky'd guide? don't really know much about endgame type gear and looking for a starting point. Just asking because I know a lot of the guides on the site are out of date when compared to others

Looking them over really quick they look like they're pretty up-to-date. BLU wasn't given much new gear from Omen and Dynamis-D compared to other jobs, mostly just Savage/Expiacion ws equipment
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-04-30 13:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The core DD sets should all be up-to-date. Just take into account that until getting the exact best sets, individual augments and overall gear stats can shift certain items to be better or worse in your specific case. A good example would be the hand slot for TPing. Generally, 4TA Herculean Gloves are better than NQ Adhemar Wristbands, but if your set is lacking some of the higher Store TP pieces that the best sets use, the Wristbands can be the better choice. My suggestion is to use the spreadsheet linked in the OP to test for yourself with your specific gear. Nightfyre did a lot of work on setting it up, and it's extremely helpful for figuring out how to gear.

Looking over the OP, there are some out-of-date sets, but generally just niche stuff or the ever disappointing Requiescat sets. I'll get them updated when I can.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-04-30 14:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

It'd probably depend on which you're looking at. The higher end TP/WS sets are up to date, as are the higher end sets in general minus a few little things here and there. A consideration might be that the HQ cursed gear is much cheaper now, so they're not as unattainable as the text suggests.

If you're looking more at the low/mid tier gear, when shown, then I think some of the sets are a product of a different era. Or, in some cases, of opinion - the total lack of Jhakri in the nuking sets, for instance. Some other sets may have more options now than shown.
By zaxtiss 2018-04-30 14:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

is the best nuking set currently Jhakri set +2?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-04-30 14:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No. The best nuking set consists of 4 pieces of Amalric +1 (body/hands/legs/feet) for the massive set bonus benefits and then Jhakri Coronal +2 or a MAB Herculean Helm if recasts are a factor.

Jhakri is a very strong nuking set, but like what was originally discussed upon its release, the low or non-existent haste values really hurt the set when you need consistent magic damage. Using a full set of Jhakri +2 places you at only 6% gear haste, compared to the cap of 25%ish. Making an INT/macc/mdmg/Haste Ambuscade cape helps with this, but still leaves you approximately 10% below gear haste cap. You need to weigh your priorities when using Jhakri pieces. The set is still beaten by HQ Amalric, but Jhakri is quite strong IF you can either compensate for the haste drop or are in a situation where recast does not matter.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-04-30 15:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Jhakri is also glass cannon gear - no HP/MP, and relatively low defense. Not great if you're getting beat on, which can often be the case for BLU. It's certainly got downsides to it.

It's better used (for BLU nuking) in select slots than as a full set. Doubly so when considering how easy it is to get. Most of the body pieces in the current sets don't seem logical with regard to progression, for instance, and in that slot you're only trading off 2% Haste.
By zaxtiss 2018-04-30 16:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

aight guess i'll stick to my MAB/MACC herc set then since im not making that HQ set for this mule lol
By Nyarlko 2018-04-30 18:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Jhakri+2 5/5: INT+217 MAcc+220 MAB+205
2) Amalric+1 5/5: INT+159 MAcc+169 MAB+288
3) Jhakri+2 head, Amalric+1 4/5: INT+171 MAcc+157 MAB+289

Set1 over set3: INT+46 MAcc+63 MAB-84
In general, Jhakri+2 set will perform fine if you don't actually want "the best".
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-05-01 17:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What foods do people use that they want added to my sim?
By Sidiov 2018-05-01 17:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
What foods do people use that they want added to my sim?

Taco Bell $5 box.
Can you make the sim force a WC break about 5 mins after I eat it?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-05-01 18:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

jack in the box midnight meals are only slightly more expensive, have the same effects, without the negative skills.

also looking for spell set suggestions for 2100, if anyone uses anything besides the standard one (I don't.)
[+]
By Ricon 2018-05-11 18:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question that I havent't seen yet, where does Raetic Blade +1 stand vs like Almace in the offhand?
By emerle 2018-05-11 19:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ricon said: »
Quick question that I havent't seen yet, where does Raetic Blade +1 stand vs like Almace in the offhand?

Depends on how badass your Savage Blade set is.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-05-11 19:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the results and general understanding of how these weapons work from the testing thread ( https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51571/raetic-weapons-testing-discussions ), it is an incredibly powerful offhand option under certain circumstances. Short zerg fights, particularly in Escha, will be the best situation, but another option would be pairing the sword with Tizona. As long as you can maintain a decent MP pool, it's going to be exceptional.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-05-11 19:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i wanted to add an mp maintenance for tizona and raetic combo in my simulation but then i realized i'm too lazy (and busy with classes atm)
By Ricon 2018-05-11 20:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize, I did mean as an offhand for Tizona. After buying it and testing I will agree for zergs and short fights it is incredibly strong.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-05-11 21:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you can maintain a healthy level of MP, I don't see HQ Raetic being beaten by any other offhand option.
[+]
By Ricon 2018-05-19 04:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

To update this a little I played with the Raetic Blade +1 a lot more and with Tizona in the main hand, refresh 2 from a trust, double trust ballad, and capped haste I absolutely could not keep a drop of mp. If the fights are super short or you don’t need to cast anything above 20 mp it’s amazing but otherwise forget it.

TP gain was great and dps was at a new high but in any situation that involved casting a spell of any kind it was out of the question.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-05-19 05:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it absolutely rips through your MP, even with Tizona's powerful MP maintenance, but the damage provided is exceptional. Give up any notion of utilizing the "mage" part of our name, though.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-19 18:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a consensus that stun based blue magic is macc based yeah? Headbutt / sudden lunge

Since mobs get stunned for less duration every use, that means its macc based, right?

(technically both acc and macc, but concerned specifically with stun duration)
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-05-19 18:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The stun debuff actually landing and the associated duration are macc based, yeah.
 Asura.Arnan
Server: Asura
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-05-21 06:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody know if Phalanx+ gear improves Barrier Tusk? I've just made a full Phalanx Taeon set for RDM and RUN and wondering if I should be using it on BLU
First Page 2 3 ... 338 339 340 ... 445 446 447