2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 282 283 284 ... 446 447 448
By geigei 2016-05-03 08:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Using one set because on some sheets there is a difference between the two, 9928 on serac using greaves, 13859 using max herc dex/crit.
Now ofc acc is needed and gl getting those augm. Greaves are indeed great but if you like gamble to 4/5 great augmented herc + adhemar head+1 kills everything.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-03 08:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
There must be some difference between two setups that you are missing. There is no way the WS averages would be that far from one another. I could see herc's extra dex possibly evening out the crit rate from thereoid but yours doesn't eve have crit augment.

I put both into the same set just to make sure and got the same numbers.

With my Herc boots as described before, 16031 WS damage.

With Thereoid, 14319 WS damage.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-03 09:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

The issue is that none of that applies because we are talking about things that are all above level 99.

The question I have is if it scales based on level or not (just 99+).
THis was getting a bit long, so I spoilered most of the quote.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, did you actually read the quoted material?

I think the specific section that would concern you here is this one;
Quote:
Enmity will now decrease based on the gap between player/pet level/item level and monster level.
* Abilities that generate a fixed amount of enmity, such as healing magic and elemental magic, are exempt from this change.
The other 2 level based adjustments only said, above lvl x(first 50, then at or above 100) enmity would change so you can't say for certain whether it's a scaling effect or a static change once the threshold is crossed.

However this post specifically mentions the gap between player and monster. They wouldn't do that if every level of difference didn't count for something.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-03 09:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe this to be the case. That being said, like a lot of things about current enmity, escha vs anywhere else enmity hasn't actually been tested. So that's not an absolute. But I don't really see any reason to believe escha enmity differs.

Another thing to consider, is that Sarama is a melee fight. The majority of 135~ escha content(at least that I've done) is done using magic burst setups. Magic bursts have an additional(and I suspect very large) enmity reduction.

Also from the march 26th 2015 update notes.
Quote:
The amount of enmity generated from damage dealt during magic bursts has been decreased.

This might be another reason keeping hate seems easier in escha.
[+]
By Takisan 2016-05-03 10:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just trying to bring it back to blu, I am going to at some point play around with the spreadsheet and see what enmity gear I can find to put together some sets for tping and wsing just to explore the options. Because it makes a big difference if your tanking and dding vs just dding.

In VD dragon ambuscade one time even with a set up like whm pld geo blu bst 5/6 I still called august as our 6th because his hate mechanics were just so good compared to many of the real plds that joined our team. Note the pld we had was not by any means gimp or a bad pld. August and Amchuchu just seem to have really good enmity + cause w/o calling him as 6th I would be tanking the sombra dragon and it just made killing it take longer.

I don't know if it has anything to do with what plds are focused on in their sets nowadays since most things worth killing are taken down by bsts or MAB burst set-ups they don't worry about enmity as much or not. MAB set ups don't seem to have hate issues all that much from what I have seen and they also have Enmity douse. Nobody cares if a bst's pet pulls hate cause they are just OP with tons of hp, higher damage taken caps than players, and are replaceable. So maybe that is a reason plds don't focus on enmity gear but I honestly don't know how plds prioritize what they wear/use. But August can hold sombra dragon through my CDC spam delay capped, haste capped, with mythic AM3 aside from when hate was reset. So if plds aren't focusing that much on enmity + gear cause pdt/mdt is more important than maybe blus can explore enmity - gear alleviate the situation.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-05-03 11:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering we hold hate better than August or Amchuchu do with our tanking spells and lack of enmity+ gear. I am going to rate most of the tanks as bad.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN CAST FLASH AFTER SENTINEL?!"

Yeah, but you also have to get on the hatelist before Sentinel, so it can be tricky!

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-05-03 11:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Even better. Forgot people do that before even claiming the mob too.

There's at least an occasional reason for that, though - if a mob starts with something super angry and you're /war, then:

Sentinel -> Voke -> Flash

is just as much enmity (Sentinel and Provoke are both 1800, so Sentinel's bonus to Provoke makes up for not being on the hatelist), while making sure you don't get smacked with something hard right off the bat.

So yeah, not ideal, but it's not always a stupid tactic
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-03 11:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »
Just trying to bring it back to blu, I am going to at some point play around with the spreadsheet and see what enmity gear I can find to put together some sets for tping and wsing just to explore the options. Because it makes a big difference if your tanking and dding vs just dding.

In VD dragon ambuscade one time even with a set up like whm pld geo blu bst 5/6 I still called august as our 6th because his hate mechanics were just so good compared to many of the real plds that joined our team. Note the pld we had was not by any means gimp or a bad pld. August and Amchuchu just seem to have really good enmity + cause w/o calling him as 6th I would be tanking the sombra dragon and it just made killing it take longer.

I don't know if it has anything to do with what plds are focused on in their sets nowadays since most things worth killing are taken down by bsts or MAB burst set-ups they don't worry about enmity as much or not. MAB set ups don't seem to have hate issues all that much from what I have seen and they also have Enmity douse. Nobody cares if a bst's pet pulls hate cause they are just OP with tons of hp, higher damage taken caps than players, and are replaceable. So maybe that is a reason plds don't focus on enmity gear but I honestly don't know how plds prioritize what they wear/use. But August can hold sombra dragon through my CDC spam delay capped, haste capped, with mythic AM3 aside from when hate was reset. So if plds aren't focusing that much on enmity + gear cause pdt/mdt is more important than maybe blus can explore enmity - gear alleviate the situation.

Ambuscade is new content, so it may have same enmity formula as escha SR etc. I really don't know, my experience with vd bc was DD gets hate way more easily than other content.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-03 12:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »

Continuing my new found role as walking enmiy wiki...

About trusts, tank trusts actually have enhanced enmity gain. Likewise a number of WHM and support trusts have reduced enmity.

May 14th 2015 update
Quote:
The following alter egos now enjoy enhanced enmity effects:

Curilla / Volker / Trion / Valaineral / Gessho / Mnejing / Rahal / Rughadjeen / Amchuchu

The following alter egos now enjoy reduced enmity effects:

Kupipi / Mihli Aliapoh / Cherukiki / Karaha-Baruha / Ferreous Coffin / Joachim / Ulmia / Koru-Moru

and, Aug 5th 2015 update
Quote:
The following alter egos now enjoy increased enmity generation.

Curilla / Volker / Trion / Valaineral / Gessho / Mnejing / Rahal / Invincible Shield (UC) / Rughadjeen / Halver / Amchuchu
August isn't on the list, but he was added in this same update, so I assume he has those benefits as well.

Heh, August arrived in the August update. /badpun.

So we know trust tanks have enhanced enmity. That being said, I doubt anyone has ever tested it, so we don't know how much of an enhancement it is.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-03 12:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is paladin even needed for ambuscade? I was getting hate from paladin easy and I tried to hold back but then got hate again so I'm like screw it, went all out and survive dragon attacking me most of the time with cocoon barrier tusk pdt set and a good healer.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-03 12:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Is paladin even needed for ambuscade? I was getting hate from paladin easy and I tried to hold back but then got hate again so I'm like screw it, went all out and survive dragon attacking me most of the time with cocoon barrier tusk pdt set and a good healer.
It's not. I've dualboxed VD dragon on DRG+GEO.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-03 12:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Vijara said: »
Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
I went to plug them into the BLU DPS spreadsheet, and was very surprised to see the following.

Anyone have a link to the spreadsheet?
There's a link to the most recent version in the guide, under the equipment section.

Speaking of which, guess I'll go ahead and push the next update.

-Added TA damage functionality (Hetairoi Ring)
-Added support for Fotia Gorget/Belt
-Added Rosmerta's Cape and Rawhide armor. Added/expanded on available Taeon gear (no augments, acc/att+TA, add STR/DEX/both).
-Added more temporary items. Champion's critrate is tentatively set at 10%, need some data on this. Temporary items only work for content settings where you can actually obtain that temporary item.
-Added tentative 135, Unity 135 (subject to level correction), 140, and 145 monster stats. Basically what Langly added to the NIN sheet, except that I've modified the VIT/AGI/INT scaling to be less aggressive. Again, need data.
-Probably other stuff, bugfixes etc. There's a lot of backend work happening, if something looks like a WIP then it probably is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-03 12:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Vijara said: »
Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
I went to plug them into the BLU DPS spreadsheet, and was very surprised to see the following.

Anyone have a link to the spreadsheet?
There's a link to the most recent version in the guide, under the equipment section.

Speaking of which, guess I'll go ahead and push the next update.

-Added TA damage functionality (Hetairoi Ring)
-Added support for Fotia Gorget/Belt
-Added Rosmerta's Cape and Rawhide armor. Added/expanded on available Taeon gear (no augments, acc/att+TA, add STR/DEX/both).
-Added more temporary items. Champion's critrate is tentatively set at 10%, need some data on this. Temporary items only work for content settings where you can actually obtain that temporary item.
-Added tentative 135, Unity 135 (subject to level correction), 140, and 145 monster stats. Basically what Langly added to the NIN sheet, except that I've modified the VIT/AGI/INT scaling to be less aggressive. Again, need data.
-Probably other stuff, bugfixes etc. There's a lot of backend work happening, if something looks like a WIP then it probably is.

I look forward to using the updated spreadsheet.

In the meantime, can you confirm the calculation method for WS is working as intended? Is it possible that the large differential I am experiencing between Thereoid and Herculean Boots is legit?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-05-03 12:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That large of a difference is almost certainly due to accuracy- what target did you use?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-03 12:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

^That. Thereoid should beat TA boots easily, and I'm seeing results to that effect in my copy of the sheet. If it was a high value DEX/cdmg augment then sure, Herc should win. Even then the margin is only a couple hundred damage unless hitrate's a factor, in which case Thereoid is obviously not going to fare well given the complete lack of +acc.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-05-03 12:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

I would like this but it meant you entered Ambuscade with less than 6, which means you're part of the problem!
[+]
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-03 12:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Serac Rabbit (default level 126 target)

That makes sense now. I changed to a 102 Chapuli and saw a DPS increase.

So the moral of the story - use Thereoid in spots where the lower accuracy does not hurt me, or try and boost accuracy in other spots.

I noticed that by putting my Adhemar gear to path A when Thereoid was equipped the DPS increased due to the extra accuracy. However, the DPS increase was still lower than using the path B with the Herc I had.

<sigh> time to re-examine the gearsets!

Thanks I forgot you can select your target!
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-03 13:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Even better. Forgot people do that before even claiming the mob too.

There's at least an occasional reason for that, though - if a mob starts with something super angry and you're /war, then:

Sentinel -> Voke -> Flash

is just as much enmity (Sentinel and Provoke are both 1800, so Sentinel's bonus to Provoke makes up for not being on the hatelist), while making sure you don't get smacked with something hard right off the bat.

So yeah, not ideal, but it's not always a stupid tactic

Fair enough, but I can't see anything so dire that one couldn't wait for combat for using an ability that lasts 30 seconds. With a duration that short wasting 2-5 seconds before fighting seems counter productive.

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Ambuscade is new content, so it may have same enmity formula as escha SR etc. I really don't know, my experience with vd bc was DD gets hate way more easily than other content.

I never use a tank for the dragon because it is lolcontent. I wouldn't expect someone to hold hate in what is basically like popping a T1 in Escha.

As for the Orcs there is hate reset there constantly from the PLD.

In that case you can say you don't need a tank on sarama aw well. In fact, you probably don't "need" a tank in any melee burn setup unless it's NIN DD tank. Then there's no point to discuss enmity issues here.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-03 13:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

I would like this but it meant you entered Ambuscade with less than 6, which means you're part of the problem!
I would venture that the problem is SE's lack of foresight and inability to instance worth a damn, but...

For what it's worth, I tried the VD fight, won, but found it inefficient and slightly annoying at my DRG's current DPS level. Thereafter I waited till friends were around to do more.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-05-03 15:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

I would venture that the problem is SE's lack of foresight and inability to instance worth a damn, but...

For what it's worth, I tried the VD fight, won, but found it inefficient and slightly annoying at my DRG's current DPS level. Thereafter I waited till friends were around to do more.

I will say that DRG is especially useful in that fight and one of my friends will Super Jump right as it's about to full debuff everyone which allows him to keep all his buffs while the rest of us are scrambling to rebuff.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-05-03 23:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I am working on putting AM3 into my Gearswap, but I am having trouble getting it to switch modes when I first gain the buff. Once I perform another action it will finally swap over. Anyone know how to deal with this issue?

I modified the code since I decided that I was never really not going to be DW. So the "one handed mode just got swapped over to AM3 mode for simplicity sake. I know this part works because I can test that it will swap.

function update_combat_form()
-- Check for AM3
if player.equipment.main == 'Tizona' and buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3'] then
state.CombatForm:reset()
else
state.CombatForm:set('DW')
end
end

What I am having trouble with is getting it to switch over when I get the buff.

function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
if buff == 'Aftermath: Lv.3' and gain then
update_combat_form()
end
if state.Buff[buff] ~= nil then
state.Buff[buff] = gain
end
job_update(cmdParams, eventArgs)
end
end

I have tried a bunch of different things, but it feels like "job_buff_change" isn't the right function for detecting AM3?
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-05-04 00:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an issue with Windower's buff change events as far as I've seen. The activation part could follow any 3000 TP Expiacion if you wanted it immediately.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-05-04 00:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
It's an issue with Windower's buff change events as far as I've seen. The activation part could follow any 3000 TP Expiacion if you wanted it immediately.

So maybe throw the job_update(cmdParams, eventArgs) at the end of Pre/mid cast functions?
First Page 2 3 ... 282 283 284 ... 446 447 448