Link | Quote | Reply

Never seen burst on colada.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-27 15:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here, unfortunately. They'd be phenomenal weapons if we could get that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-27 15:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Butts. Was hoping I'd just had ***luck.
By maxdecphoenix 2016-02-28 03:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanag said: »
What's the best way for a BLU to farm Plutons these days? Seems like soloing high tiers.
What D or VD are the most easily soloable by a semi well geared BLU? I saw Tenzen mentioned 2 pages back. Anything else worth trying?

I found Fenrir to be quite manageable actually. BLU/RUN occultation + lux*2 keep up a few odd buffs. I just fought in a mixed accuracy & DT set. Wasn't bad. Don't use Sanguine Blade. I can't remember which trusts I used, but I didn't bother with a tank NPC. Pretty sure i used Apururu, Selthus, Iroha2, Arciela2, and maybe zeid2 not certain. Also has the added bonus of possibly getting the Vrikodara Jupon and, to a lesser extent, Medina Kilj (+1 refresh), if you happen to need/want either. Try to keep a few random buffs up, but otherwise just button mash CDC and Retinal Glare and you should be getting all manner of !! triggers left and right.

On a side note, I actually came here to post that I'm pretty sure BLU gets a second tier of Lizard Killer. On 'Lizard Killer' BG page there is a note about not being sure if BLU gets or not, and it's not specified on this guide.

Went to aby, collected about 25 Aetosaurus and let them hit me til Logger broke.

Results:
Hits: 698
Critical: 42
misses: 2926

Total connects: 740 (20.19%)
Total Evades: 2926 (79.81%)
net melee attacks: 3666

Intimidates: 439
Intimidate % 439/4105 10.69%

Set with sweeping gouge and I have master JP, so obviously, trait gift +3. Wanted to get more data, but logger kept erroring and lost patience.

Thought experiment: Figure with trait boon, +10 from cheapie food source, Agony Jerkin from UNM, BLU could get 26% intimidation rate. Another 15 if you have a BST friend with you, for 41. And there's a couple other pieces you could mix&match where you could eek out the other 9. Could max Lizard Killer and still have a few slots open. 50% intimidation rate might be better than full DT set in some situations. My mind drifted to think it'd be funny to try on Achuka, or in Morimar Delve where EVERYTHING is a lizard.
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-02-28 07:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

maxdecphoenix said: »
On a side note, I actually came here to post that I'm pretty sure BLU gets a second tier of Lizard Killer. On 'Lizard Killer' BG page there is a note about not being sure if BLU gets or not, and it's not specified on this guide.

When they added the first JobTraitBonus-gift there was a bug, which activated job traits by just setting a spell with 4 points for its trait. pretty sure JTB just added 8 trait points to all the traits, which have multiple tiers and it worked for acc/att/eva/def/matt/crit - bonus traits, for store-TP, dual wield, counter...
it didn't work for TH, double/tripple-attack, rapid shot and killer traits, so my guess is, that you can't get higher tiers for those traits
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2016-02-28 20:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Feather Tickle and Reaving Wind recasts are listed wrong by the way. They actually have a 1min 30s cooldown.

Edit: I goofed and forgot I had Colada on.
 Shiva.Ahampt
Server: Shiva
user: Ahampt
By Shiva.Ahampt 2016-02-29 14:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know if ta is better then stp and when it start to take over ?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-29 14:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really hard to quantify an exact break point where STP outpaces TA. Generally, TA is superior, but if you're lacking STP in gear, replacing minor amounts of multi-attack with substantial STP will provide a DPS increase. I really can't give any exact values without knowing specific gear values. My best suggestion is to use the spreadsheet and see which pieces outweigh others for you.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-29 14:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
My best suggestion is to use the spreadsheet and see which pieces outweigh others for you.
Sheet on page1 is most updated, correct?

Is there a target you can select that matches, let's say UCNM KB or Maju, in terms of evasion & DEF?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-29 15:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think we have stats on any of the newer content right now.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-29 15:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bummer. :'(
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-02-29 17:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The best I have is auto-attack parses from Falkirk my favorite BST.

iLvl125
958 Acc ~ 37% Acc

iLvl129
1041 Acc ~ 31.75% Acc

iLvl135
1311 Acc ~ 37.84% Acc

iLvl145
1815 Acc ~ 78.35% Acc

Different NM's will have different AGI/Evasion totals of course so take that with a small grain of salt. But you could use this to create a proper accuracy check for some gear.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2016-03-01 08:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

At page 263, I enter with a question that is plaguing me.
I read on the weapon's breakdown that Iris is "almost" an amazing weapon, but that Nibiru Blade beats it. I was doing Yilan few nights past with the intent on scoring a Lathi for my BLM and ended up walking away with two Iris on top of my staff. I went to Nolan and picked up D path on both blades, and have to say that I'm enjoying the hell out of them. I use Tanmogayi and a Claid off-hand currently while waiting my turn for Coladas when I'm just meleeing.

My question now is: Can Nibiru blade match capped "D" path Iris in terms of nuking? Even with capped Nibiru "C", I'm still losing 15 Blue magic skill, and not gaining too much in the Magic Evasion. I'm taking the "investing time into this weapon" part with a grain of salt as these were just simply handed to me as an aside and I didn't spend time hunting specifically for them.

My caveat is that I recognize the low base damage with these weapons; my primary use for these are nuking until Nibiru Clubs are in my pocket. Any suggestions? Should I aim for something greater? Am I missing something obvious that someone is going to slap me in the head with?
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-03-01 09:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said: »
My question now is: Can Nibiru blade match capped "D" path Iris in terms of nuking? Even with capped Nibiru "C", I'm still losing 15 Blue magic skill, and not gaining too much in the Magic Evasion. I'm taking the "investing time into this weapon" part with a grain of salt as these were just simply handed to me as an aside and I didn't spend time hunting specifically for them.

Nibiru Blade has essentially no stats for nuking outside of augments, so no, it can't. +Magic Accuracy stat is low (188), no +Magic Damage, no base MAB, no INT. It's not even a comparison.

More generally, Iris path D is one of the highest MAcc weapons available for us, and certainly the most reasonable/reliable to obtain. There are probably some niche applications for it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-01 10:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Iris path D loses to Nibiru Cudgel, nuking augmented Colada, Vampirism, Gabaxorea, Nehushtan... Most players will have access to some combination of those options prior to obtaining an Iris.

There's also the point that a weapon with no nuking stats (Nibiru Blade) is not under consideration for nuking purposes, only melee.

Iris D is a decent macc piece and our best option for skill+ in the weapon slots by a large margin in situations where sacrificing TP for more potent Occultation/Magic Barrier is worthwhile, but aside from that it's easily surpassed. Nothing wrong with a pair falling into your lap, but most are better off spending their time going straight for better options nowadays.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-03-02 10:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, not too bad
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-03-02 12:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my jebus.
 Asura.Tymoris
user: Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2016-03-02 13:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here, unfortunately. They'd be phenomenal weapons if we could get that.

Thought I'd share it since it's a possibility it seems.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-02 13:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Going by the pet augment, I'm guessing that's a dark matter/campaign augment. Different rules for those.
[+]
 Asura.Tymoris
user: Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2016-03-02 13:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's where I got them from, pet augments seems to be consistent for something so random -.-;;
By Takisan 2016-03-02 15:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Squah
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-03-02 15:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-03-02 15:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile, my best augment was "avatar perpetuation cost -3". Those are some damn nice augments, you two, grats.
By lhova 2016-03-02 16:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »

The "rich" get richer lol. Nice aug
By Takisan 2016-03-02 17:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »

Lol I swear to you aside from this I am the most unlucky mithra u'll ever bump into. Suprisingly doing tenzen VD with this on my tp gain is kinda less than with adhemar hands =/ still testing...
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-03-02 17:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You use Tizona, correct? If so, Adhemar hands will most likely win. The high STP combined with a weapon that already multi-attacks so often will probably provide better results.
By Takisan 2016-03-02 17:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You use Tizona, correct? If so, Adhemar hands will most likely win. The high STP combined with a weapon that already multi-attacks so often will probably provide better results.

Yea, I could tell when I used these hands it was like 4 and 5 step till ws but adhemar is like 2-3 and 4 on the off off chance. I use it for CDC and I think ill put it in when I have sam rolls but we will see.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-02 18:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I swear to you aside from this I am the most unlucky mithra u'll ever bump into. Suprisingly doing tenzen VD with this on my tp gain is kinda less than with adhemar hands =/ still testing...

You say this with a straight face while wearing Gyre Doublet??
[+]
By Clement 2016-03-02 20:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the options for burning/AoE CP grind solo? On Odin, Escha-ZiTah Puks/ShadowDragons are easy and popular, but a little too popular. What sort of requirements (gear/spell wise) are there for Reisenjima, if anything there is viable?
By Takisan 2016-03-03 07:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

You say this with a straight face while wearing Gyre Doublet??

Luckly all you can see are my eyes so.. =P
First Page 2 3 ... 262 263 264 ... 445 446 447