Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Bst Pet and Atmas
Bst Pet and Atmas
First Page 2
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Arkista 2012-04-25 22:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

New to bst and I dont know if there are any atmas just for pets or if any atma works on pets like VV SS RR and ducal guard? And what is the best to use for solo thanks.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-25 22:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Any atma works for pet as well.

You'll have to look at what you're doing to find the best one, I prefer:
Solo: DG,RR,GH
Party: RR,GH,VV
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-04-25 22:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thats cool thanks.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-26 04:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need some extra attack and DEF you can use Stronghold to. Plus it has HP regain on it also. A decent atma for soloing. But as Gal pointed out his atma set works almost all the time.
 Bahamut.Megrim
Server: Bahamut
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2012-04-26 06:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i know a lot of people prefer mixing damage with defense and do
VV RR DG
or
VV SH DG

i personaly prefer
VV Viscitude and DG because visc gives 15 tic regen and a bump in def and magic defence (my opinion)

if you're gonna go all out defence
SH FF DG those are the best overall for any situation (slow fights tho)
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-26 06:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as VV, Visc, Dg; there is no way VV makes up for the damage lost by giving up RR.
Now RR, Visc, DG that's not that bad. Though if I need regen for the fight I prefer MC, RR, DG

MC is VIT:Superior (+50), Regen:Superior (20HP/tick), Enmity Loss- when taking damage.:Minor btw. It's pretty awesome.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-26 18:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this something every BST should know.Sorry new to the job. But where do you get Ducal Guard at. I dont have it and want it for my BST. Please let me know.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2012-04-26 18:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
I know this something every BST should know.Sorry new to the job. But where do you get Ducal Guard at. I dont have it and want it for my BST. Please let me know.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Atma_of_the_Ducal_Guard

Have to do some dom ops, need fame, and have to kill teek after you used an item. (short form)
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-26 18:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's purchased from Atma Fabricant in Abyssea - Grauberg for 1000 cruor after completion of Abyssea - Grauberg Dominion Ops 1, 2, 3, and 6. Must also complete the Abyssea - Grauberg quests The Egg Enthusiast and Brugaire's Ambition (requires fame level 3). You can get fame level 3 by spamming the quest Getting Lucky
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-26 18:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the quick response. Bookmarked this page!!
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-26 18:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done the Doms opps. Is the rest of the quest hard. Any job suggestions I should use??
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2012-04-26 18:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done the Doms opps. Is the rest of the quest hard. Any job suggestions I should use??

Fame is the most annoying part. The NM you have to use the item on isn't a solo. Should have at least a healer.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-26 18:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Could a BST solo it?? And thanks Axle!!
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2012-04-26 18:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, his magic is rough. The item you use on him stops his spikes. If you tried bst solo i'd use gooey and bring some dawns just incase.
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-26 18:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

With Dg yes but since you need to beat it to get the Atma no. :x
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-26 19:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What about sub DNC for stun??
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-26 19:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be worth a shot. The quest is repeatable so it's really not a big deal if you fail. Too bad I'm not on your server I would come out and kill it for you np. :x
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-04-26 19:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The pot is an easy solo. Any pet will work so its just a matter of preference. I think Merle gets a blunt damage bonus since its a pot. Sub dnc and stun all the elemental -agas. You'll use a few biscuits and maybe 2 jugs if you get unlucky with spells.

Also, don't forget to use the Prismatic Elixir. It's necessary to complete the quest plus it's essential for pet survivability.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-26 19:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you bro. I got some friends on Biz. But there not on much anymore, lol. Which means a lot soloing for me. I have fought Tee for my BLM hands so I know what to expect. My BST/DNC is not sexy. But I have done a lot with it I thought I could not.And to bad I am not on your server!! Could use some people to play with. Game is getting boring without my friends.
 Asura.Bitesized
Server: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2012-04-26 19:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The pot is really easy solo with bst/dnc stunning gas. Use poison pots for sleepga.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-04-26 19:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Arkista said: »
New to bst and I dont know if there are any atmas just for pets or if any atma works on pets like VV SS RR and ducal guard? And what is the best to use for solo thanks.

There's not really a 'best' atma combination for solo. Change them up depending on what you're fighting. If it's something where pet survivability is a major issue (e.g. soloing a caturae), something like DG, MC and RR works best. Toss in an elemental resist atma if there's a lot of magical damage. Try to keep in at least one DD atma otherwise you'll be in for some annoyingly long fights.

Run-of-the-mill seal mobs and non-gimmicky NMs can be taken down fast using straight DD atmas (I like VV, SS, and RR). A large chuck of higher tier NMs can be taken down this way too (Turul, Carabosse, Sedna) as long as you don't cheap out on pet food and use the proper jug.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-26 19:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tha
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Odin.Arkista said: »
There's not really a 'best' atma combination for solo. Change them up depending on what you're fighting. If it's something where pet survivability is a major issue (e.g. soloing a caturae), something like DG, MC and RR works best. Toss in an elemental resist atma if there's a lot of magical damage. Try to keep in at least one DD atma otherwise you'll be in for some annoyingly long fights. Run-of-the-mill seal mobs and non-gimmicky NMs can be taken down fast using straight DD atmas (I like VV, SS, and RR). A large chuck of higher tier NMs can be taken down this way too (Turul, Carabosse, Sedna) as long as you don't cheap out on pet food.
That is almost like my Ukkos WS atmas!!!
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-05-05 23:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my DC atma!!! OMG the fame quest sucks!! But it is worth it. Once again thank you for your time and advice.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-05-07 12:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah took me like 4hrs to do fame and all the dom ops and I solod that nm for the quest last night so I got DG atma!!!
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-05-07 19:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a great atma. But oh such a pain to get!!
 Ragnarok.Eriina
Server: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-05-07 20:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [157 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-10-11 10:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Apoc serve as a good Atma on BST if I'm going for just DD? Was thinking when DG isn't needed, I'd do something like Apoc RR MC. Would switching Apoc for GH be better?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-10-11 11:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you DD'ing in Abyssea on BST? Apoc is a decent DD atma, though, sure. Especially combined with Falcorr's natural TA. Myself, I usually go RR/GH/VV when I'm meriting, using the tiger, and skip the MC. Regen is fairly worthless at 99 cap in Abyssea. Then RR/GH/DG for solo/pet duo where my pet is tanking.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2012-10-11 11:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you have Ruinator, Alpha&Omega/Apoc/VV is best. Been toying with Motenten's BST Spreadsheet for a bit and can't seem to get anything to beat that.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-10-11 11:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'd it on BST/dnc. Basically when you pop it, it's better to just let your pet solo it since the NM does nasty AoE moves. Also get with you ALOT of dawn potion for pet heal when REWARD timer is down.
First Page 2