Bst Pet and Atmas
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-10-19 16:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
What are you DD'ing in Abyssea on BST? Apoc is a decent DD atma, though, sure. Especially combined with Falcorr's natural TA. Myself, I usually go RR/GH/VV when I'm meriting, using the tiger, and skip the MC. Regen is fairly worthless at 99 cap in Abyssea. Then RR/GH/DG for solo/pet duo where my pet is tanking.

Bit late of a response, but I'm looking for an atma combo for +1 seal NMs and such when the fight's over before DG even kicks in. I like having MC on cause I don't have to rely on pet food as much. Was wondering what were the 2 best DD atmas to use alongside it, otherwise I usually go Apoc/RR/GH for full DD.

In such a circumstance, am I better off with RR/GH, RR/Apoc, or RR/VV?

Siren.Bruno said: »
Assuming you have Ruinator, Alpha&Omega/Apoc/VV is best. Been toying with Motenten's BST Spreadsheet for a bit and can't seem to get anything to beat that.

Does this take into consideration pet damage too? I'd imagine +crit damage on both my pet and axes would have done more.
By Xilk 2012-10-20 16:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll double check w/ the spreadsheets but I'm pretty sure the best dd in abyssea will be rr ' apoc' and sanguine scythe. Use fantod w/ falcorr and rampage WS instead of ruinator.

This is the only situation I use rampage instead of ruinator.
By lilcratis 2012-10-20 16:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I use RR,ducal,lion,Mounted champion sometimes zenith or future fabulous as my main bst atmas along with -pdt pet gear for most solo stuff in abysea for tuff fights i use theta pet food and dawn mulsums, the main pets i use are nazuna,falcor,gerard, and dipper depending on what type of nm i'm fighting (eva falcor/dipper, magic gerard, phys. dmg. nazuna). trial axes for pet eva and -pdt pet will help with the fights, ruinator is probly the ws of choice, does nice dmg with a DD/WS build set.
 Leviathan.Kingregg
Server: Leviathan
user: Kingregg
By Leviathan.Kingregg 2012-11-02 00:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

wanted to team up with a friend to break double axe (dyna mule), can any axe weaponskill under330 close with another job ws to do light/dark?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-02 00:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can narrow it down a lot easier if we knew what the opening job would be.
By Xilk 2012-11-03 20:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Spinning slash and mistral axe.. maybe
they have the right properties anyway.

Mistral axe is the only WS you have a chance w/ for bst anyway. Its the only one in your skill range which has dual property.

YOu'll need a fragmentation property to go w/ it.

... and if you take a quick look at the skillchain page on wiki it will list all the lower level weaponskills which can form skillchains w/ mistral axe...

Your text to link here...

just look at the chart
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-03 20:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
 Leviathan.Kingregg
Server: Leviathan
user: Kingregg
By Leviathan.Kingregg 2012-11-12 02:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2012-11-12 02:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Sea Daughter when my pet is doing the fighting. I can stand back and gain the TP to waltz if needed, but mostly I just use it to Bora Axe from a distance.

The slow sucks though if I'm fighting with the pet.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [236 days between previous and next post]
By Jaleryl 2013-07-05 19:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just FYI, i dont know how old this thread is, but you can solo Teek as THF/DNC, just stun all his ga's and keep your hp up. It took me a few tries but i was able to do it.
By MaieuticOne 2013-07-05 21:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Atmas: Razed Ruins, Ducal Guard, Mounted Champion.
Pets:
DipperYuly: Good defense pet, has treasure hunter, solid choice for solo's
FaithfulFalcorr: Fast atks, has treasure hunter, fantod can do up to 4k dmg
SlipperySilas: Great pet if on a budget only 100gil from npc, fast atks, only pet ducal kicks in at 80% due to it's a smn pet just without any ja's, has auto-regen and is always your level without additional gear. If using this pet you will want to switch razed ruins for Dread, that way you will get TH1 with him atleast.

Personally I prefer silas for caturae or working on empy items if I wanna afk make food come back and mob is dead for seals I generally used DipperYuly since the def and atks were fairly decent.

Hope this helps