Asura.Weapon
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Weapon 2012-03-28 03:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a 36man run, on Hall of An

SMNx15, CORx1 BRDx2 - 1st ally

PLDx4, WHMx3 RDMx1, CORx1, BRDx2, WARx1, DRKx1, BSTx3

1 PLD on behemoth, 1 PLD on Wyrm, SMN/BST zerg turtle, took about 10-15min to kill Turtle. Went for Wyrm next due to hate reset problems. timed out before killing Wyrm since it took to the sky.

Heavenly Strike does 1-2k on Turtle, Chaotic Strike does about 1k to Wyrm, Shock Squall doesnt get resisted, Predator Claws does 1.5k+ on Behemoth.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-03-28 03:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not enough dmg looks like. And nukers can bring Wyrm to the gound maybe?
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-03-28 03:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is legion so dangerous that DDs insta die?

Or are PUGs just not good enough to know what -P/MDT means
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-03-28 04:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »

I get wrecked even with PDT/MDT on sam/nin lol. It's just basically if you take any damage at all, run away until your whms decide to cure you -.- IF you see a mob start casting people, swap onto MDT dammit lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-28 04:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
sam/nin

[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-03-28 04:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
sam/nin

Yes, I agree 90% of the time that sam/nin is a bad idea and ruins DPS, I can't seem to rely on a cure coming in my direction ever :/ Hell I think new strategies for legion will be a pty of blms magic bursting off of samurai's and corsairs >.<
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-03-28 05:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Because there isn't a ranged DD class. Oh wait, there is.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-28 12:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM/NIN seems not very effective solely because all these mobs spam AGA spells and TP abilties, but yeah Legion is a bloodbath for DDs as per usual on fierce content with no access to powerful temp-item spam.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-28 12:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »

I went pld with this group yesterday, got petrified by the turtle and it hit me 2 times for 700 each unblocked. Pretty sweet, there were no exceptionally well geared dds in the group though.. Not a very good gauge of how they'd do damage or survivability-wise
By Fupafighters 2012-03-28 13:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Prototyp said: »
SAM/NIN seems not very effective solely because all these mobs spam AGA spells and TP abilties, but yeah Legion is a bloodbath for DDs as per usual on fierce content with no access to powerful temp-item spam.
God it seems no DD are good for this lol. And shadows don't block aoe anymore lol? Aoe tp moves anyway*
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-28 13:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on the TP move, and most TP moves that matter are not blocked by shadows.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-28 13:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

@Fupa: Annihilator RNG using coronach is very effective, can also /SAM to self-dark and have BLM MB off it. Was very effective on the Adamantoise. Other DDs are good don't get me wrong, just alot more squshy than alot are gonna be acustomed to
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-28 13:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like the smn ally with this group was pulling their weight mostly but we had 4 plds and a few bst and undergeared dds and 0 blm/rng so the wyrm was flying for at least 10 minutes :/

Unless you're bringing tons of muslums I think bst is about worthless, parsing what dds were doing in there would have been somewhat insightful but the lag in there with 20+ smn/bst was horrible
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-28 13:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly don't see this being effectively pet-burned, if not becauase of mob difficulty, then the time given in legion.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-28 13:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah definitely. Slow kills were slow even with all the smns focusing on the turtle at the start, also they flailed the wyrm both tries >.> didn't kill my pld but I did see like 14 other 0/xxx hps in the alliance.. Wondering how the 18 person versions are, only tried 36man with pugs so far
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-03-28 13:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
sam/nin

this was the image i had in mind
[+]
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-03-28 13:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming from one who lived tru "oldschool" HNMLS fights , Odin etcetc, I find the players nowadays (dont get me wrong, still alot of good players out there but the "majority") lived tru too much abyssea and vw to understand HNM battle strats.

Back when Rngs and Blms were king of the battlefield with Melee only there to SC for the BLM to MB off. When whm could keep the pt alive.

Nowadays, ppl think that with a few fana drinsk and lolprogs they can zergrush any NM.

I personally havent tried Legion yet, but being in one of Odin's odlschool HNMLS, I'm pretty excited to test out my annihilator in there.
[+]
 Asura.Weapon
By Asura.Weapon 2012-03-28 14:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with SAM's SCing and BLM's MBing is that the SAM's die too fast and BLM's nowadays cant even MB correctly.

Went with a group before that had 6BLM, and only 1 of them timed it right, the others cast too soon and got aggro too fast, ended up killing the BLM party.

the RNG idea is what we are trying tonite to bring down the Wyrm.
 Fenrir.Riken
user: Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-03-28 15:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I go sam/war to legion and rarely die. We do KB first. Just straight zerg. Then move to Aspid, I sc whoever has tp and anybody that can nuke tries to MB. We had 2 drk a thf and me in sam were only fd for tutrtle, took is about 7 min to kill. Then moved to Nid which the pld holding had it flying already. Nuke it down then zerg rush till dead. The tier 2 mobs are insane though. T2 KB cast curse spikes then followed with meteor for alliance wipe and we exited. A whm and rdm for dd party was enough to keep everyone alive for the most part.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-28 15:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

All this talk about Legion not holding the casual player's *** so he can piss straight makes me want to start playing again.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-28 16:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Riken said: »
I go sam/war to legion and rarely die. We do KB first. Just straight zerg. Then move to Aspid, I sc whoever has tp and anybody that can nuke tries to MB. We had 2 drk a thf and me in sam were only fd for tutrtle, took is about 7 min to kill. Then moved to Nid which the pld holding had it flying already. Nuke it down then zerg rush till dead. The tier 2 mobs are insane though. T2 KB cast curse spikes then followed with meteor for alliance wipe and we exited. A whm and rdm for dd party was enough to keep everyone alive for the most part.
is this 18 or 36 person?
 Phoenix.Bigpun
Server: Phoenix
user: Paidan
By Phoenix.Bigpun 2012-03-28 16:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ladyrikku said: »
Coming from one who lived tru "oldschool" HNMLS fights , Odin etcetc, I find the players nowadays (dont get me wrong, still alot of good players out there but the "majority") lived tru too much abyssea and vw to understand HNM battle strats. Back when Rngs and Blms were king of the battlefield with Melee only there to SC for the BLM to MB off. When whm could keep the pt alive. Nowadays, ppl think that with a few fana drinsk and lolprogs they can zergrush any NM. I personally havent tried Legion yet, but being in one of Odin's odlschool HNMLS, I'm pretty excited to test out my annihilator in there.

if u got a group heavy with ppl from HNM days its not to bad
 Shiva.Kolossuss
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2012-03-28 16:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
Unless you're bringing tons of muslums

I couldn't help myself.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-28 17:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My phone kept autocorrecting to Muslims should have left it >.>
 Fenrir.Riken
user: Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-03-28 22:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
Fenrir.Riken said: »
is this 18 or 36 person?

18 group

edit: The PLD holding Nid is aegis pld that has tried Cdc, Requiscat and KoR and said KoR was the strongest against that mob. Part of how he got it down so far solo.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-03-28 22:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
All this talk about Legion not holding the casual player's *** so he can piss straight makes me want to start playing again.

You'll have to hold the leaders *** to get any loot here from the difficulty level SE has for this event.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-28 22:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

You'll have to hold the leaders *** to get any loot here from the difficulty level SE has for this event.

That's no different than life though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-03-28 22:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

When I log on, I do so to game free of the politics of DKP systems. Been there, done that and we all know that they're a pretty terrible way to reward people especially when you need 36 ppl to stand any chance of clearing a chamber.

Haven't got around to Legion since Voidwatch takes higher priority to me but seeing no lootpools in this many days is disturbing to say the least.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-28 22:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When I log on, I do so to game free of the politics of DKP systems. Been there, done that and we all know that they're a pretty terrible way to reward people especially when you need 36 ppl to stand any chance of clearing a chamber.

Haven't got around to Legion since Voidwatch takes higher priority to me but seeing no lootpools in this many days is disturbing to say the least.

Too bad?
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-03-28 22:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like people will need to learn how to use support roles again instead of just going with mass DD, the occasional brd or cor if you can find one, and a few healers. Or in the case of VW, just spamming temp items that make them invincible or near invincible.

And if people are going to complain about loot being harder to get, isn't this what everyone has been complaining about to be fixed from abyssea? Loot is "too easy" to get and it only takes a few days to make an emp so "I don't feel special with my awesome gear no one else has but me"

Either they have to make it completely based on your solo gaming abilities for gear, or you have to provide no skill and just get lucky with lots in mass groups (or holding on to your leaders *** in some cases).

Either way, someone isn't going to be happy and the masses will cry loud enough like always. Squeaky wheel gets greased first.
[+]
First Page 2 3